Illuminations time when park stays open late

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I just checked the park hours for my trip (June 10-14). It looks like Disneyland is staying open until 11pm (23h00) every night, which is a huge surprise!

I know Illuminations is usually at park close, but what time will it be now? It's not on the schedule and the Disney website just says "Park Closing".

I'm trying to figure out my dinners, but I guess I could just schedule them and miss the fireworks those 2 nights (I will have 4 nights of park time), but I'd rather not lock myself into that!

Illuminations is always at park close which is why the park is open so late in the summer months as they need to wait until it is dark.

So if the park closes at 11 they will start at 11. No other rides will be open and they will herding everyone from other lands towards main street or the exit just before that. A few of the shops and snack places on main street will still be open until it finishes

Illuminations is always at park close which is why the park is open so late in the summer months as they need to wait until it is dark.

So if the park closes at 11 they will start at 11. No other rides will be open and they will herding everyone from other lands towards main street or the exit just before that. A few of the shops and snack places on main street will still be open until it finishes
Wow! I guess I didn't account for Paris being at a much higher latitude! Do you think that will mean crowds will be lower, or same as always?

Wow! I guess I didn't account for Paris being at a much higher latitude! Do you think that will mean crowds will be lower, or same as always?

Alot of Americans dont realise this. For example, where I live is 1 hour behind Paris in time zone. Its bright until around 10pm here in the summer and dawn is around 4 am, so we only get about 6 hours of darkness in the summer. Its really odd for me when I travel to Disneyland California every June, and its dark around 8.30pm.

The crowds will be the same, Europeans are used to the long bright nights so Illuminations being on at 11pm will not lower crowds that much.

Alot of Americans dont realise this. For example, where I live is 1 hour behind Paris in time zone. Its bright until around 10pm here in the summer and dawn is around 4 am, so we only get about 6 hours of darkness in the summer. Its really odd for me when I travel to Disneyland California every June, and its dark around 8.30pm.

The crowds will be the same, Europeans are used to the long bright nights so Illuminations being on at 11pm will not lower crowds that much.
Yeah, I told my parents that sunset would be around 10pm every day we’re in France and they were so surprised! Really though-we’ve spent many summers visiting family in Vancouver which is similar latitude so should have known better!

Hi Lesley, just wanted to say we will be there those same dates ! Living in Idaho, we are very used to the late summer nights also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter