Illuminations?

motogp

Mouseketeer
Where are some good spots to view? (Both in World Showcase and more towards the Future World side) TIA

There are so many places to view IllumiNations at Epcot's World Showcase
that are wonderful in their own way that its futile to try to list them... so I will. ;)

• Bridge between UK and France

• Norway area

• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan

• Italy, near the Gondolas

• Mexico, at the new Cantina

• Mexico, bridge to the right of the Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)

• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)

• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

• Many, many more great spots.

Be sure to avoid any tree branches that block your overhead view,
and watch out for any "islands" in the water
that block your view of the "center" of the lagoon.

Most Important Tip:
Don't stand down-wind of the fireworks.
Their SMOKE will ruin the show.

So, If the wind is blowing into your face as you look towards the Lagoon, you are in the wrong spot.
;)

-----------------------

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

There's so many good spots around the world showcase. Virtually anywhere with a clear view and preferably not in the winds direction

It would be easier to list places that wouldn't be a good view for Illuminations. So here goes... uh...well...let's see...I'd guess inside Spaceship Earth may not be the best place. :crazy: But beyond that, if you're outdoors and anywhere near the World Showcase, you'll have a good view.

I personally didn't care for the view from Italy to Japan. Not sure why. Maybe because once people claim their spot, you dont really get a good view. The Torii Gate in Japan is pretty but it blocks my view. I find the best view between Mexico and Canada....around the area where the ferry dock is located and where they have the dessert party.

My favorite spot is in what is now the FP+ viewing area. It's straight on, and if the wind isn't blowing your direction the view is amazing. It's where we watched the July 4 fireworks this year and where we used to always watch Illuminations. The downside to that area now is you have to use your Tier 1 FP+ on it. On July 4, it was worth it to us to use it. Dec 31 it would be worth the FP+. Any other night of the year? Not so much worth using.

• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

We watched from this location when we did a little date night in the WS. I had heard it mentioned here but never thought we would find a seat and it wasn't really something I was going to stake our or require. Well we walked by and bam someone was getting up. We grabbed beer and fish and chips. It was really a great night.

For A January trip - maybe Wednesday the 18th (best choice for us) or MLK day (2nd possibility), what time would you say the FP+ for Illuminations would be gone? Any chance of same day (as a 4th or 5th, etc.) on those dates do you think?

For A January trip - maybe Wednesday the 18th (best choice for us) or MLK day (2nd possibility), what time would you say the FP+ for Illuminations would be gone? Any chance of same day (as a 4th or 5th, etc.) on those dates do you think?

I don't think I've ever seen Illuminations FP available same day. There's a low number of FP's for it per day that it's usually long gone.

I don't think I've ever seen Illuminations FP available same day. There's a low number of FP's for it per day that it's usually long gone.

Thanks for the info - We are planning to spend 1.5-2 days at Epcot, but based on the many available places to watch, balanced with the fact that we will be going when it isn't the busiest season, I am thinking we will just take our chances finding a spot with using a FP.

Thanks much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter