I'm a bit confused on the half board plus vouchers... some help S'il vous plait...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I spent about 10 minutes on the phone today trying to make dinning arrangements for our up coming trip to DLP. We got half board plus free with our package...I was so confused :crazy2: I just stopped and told her I would call back :headache:... I really need to understand how this works...:scared:

So I asked this question... what ever restaurant that I book will take the voucher, and then we pay the difference... She said no... you only get the book at the restaurants the take half board plus.... or you can up grade to the next level for half board premium for x amount per person per day.... She kept insisting on the upgrade to half board premium, and then got started about full board... I thought that you could use your voucher toward what ever restaurant you wanted if you were going to pay the difference...and the value of the voucher toward the meals.... she said they have no value toward the meals... and that they are taken only in the restaurants that a marked for half board plus....

Then I asked if we arrive late on arrival day, can I use 2 vouchers in one day... she said no only 1 a day... She said I could use for breakfast on departure day... I then said we are club level at Newport bay she said well then you can't use your voucher....

I'm so dang confused right now... Please I need some help... suggestions on how to proceed... :thanks:

Last edited:
Im sure you were given the wrong information on the phone so I would call back and speak to someone else as it sounds as though you got someone who wasnt aware how the vouchers worked - it does happen sometimes unfortunately.

As far as Im aware -
- You can use the vouchers at face value to eat elsewhere and pay the difference
- You can use 2 vouchers in 1 day but not towards the same meal - they are not dated for individual days but just for the dates of your stay (eg 3-7th September)
- You only get a voucher per night of stay not per day so will have 1 less anyhow
-You cannot use them in non Disney owned restaurants - eg King Ludwigs, Earl of Sandwich, Plant Holly wood, Rain forest Cafe, McDonalds

This site also states the same - scroll down to the bottom to helpful tips

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Im sure you were given the wrong information on the phone so I would call back and speak to someone else as it sounds as though you got someone who wasnt aware how the vouchers worked - it does happen sometimes unfortunately.

As far as Im aware -
- You can use the vouchers at face value to eat elsewhere and pay the difference
- You can use 2 vouchers in 1 day but not towards the same meal - they are not dated for individual days but just for the dates of your stay (eg 3-7th September)
- You only get a voucher per night of stay not per day so will have 1 less anyhow
-You cannot use them in non Disney owned restaurants - eg King Ludwigs, Earl of Sandwich, Plant Holly wood, Rain forest Cafe, McDonalds

This site also states the same - scroll down to the bottom to helpful tips

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

- You can use the vouchers at face value to eat elsewhere and pay the difference - How do I find out what the face value or the voucher is? It doesn't matter if its in Euro or pounds or dollars... I can do the conversations to see what it would cost in dollars...

You can use them at counter service but you'd lose the difference but we did it a couple of times for quickness.
For the rest you just hand in your voucher and pay the difference unless you're booking character breakfast as we pre booked and had to pay prior to arrival.
As mentioned you get one meal voucher and one counter breakfast voucher per person per night, you get your vouchers upon check in. You can't put the vouchers together to take off the total bill, just one per person per meal.
The value of the voucher is dependent on the hotel you stay in.

Ah, good to hear they changed that. I won a full board trip and we really didn't need that much food, so for us it was also quickness. But they really wouldn't accept them, so we went to Silver Spur Stake House and ordered and appetizer and dessert, we also "lost" money on that
Now that's the sort of competition I'd like to win, that's brilliant.

OP here

I made our ADR's without any trouble this time... Was told we can order off the set menu or pay the difference between the voucher and the cost of the meal ... and the CM did not even suggest upgrading to half board premium. So easy this go round... YAY:flower1:

She did tell me that not all restaurant are open full hours... such as Chez Remy's it was only open 11:00 to 5:00 which is great we went with 5:00, and are planning to possibly go into the other park for the evening, or head over to the shopping area. Val De Europe or La Vallee Outlet for some shopping...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts