• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm a complete idiot

adamandallie

Mouseketeer
I FORGOT to call on Monday to reserve a two bedroom at Hilton Head for 4/16 to 4/18. Now I am waitlisted for those dates. I did remember to call yesterday and today to reserve the next two nights of our stay and I will call tomorrow and hopefully get the last night we need.

What do you think my chances are for getting those dates? Its Easter weekend plus its the start of spring vacation week in our area.

Did you check to see if they had a one bedroom or studio? Or is that not an option. You can book one or two of those and waitlist for the 2 bedroom. Someone I know did that at BCV over Easter last year and about a month before they got the waitlist room.

If there are no 2BR, it is nearly impossible that there would be a 1BR or Studio given that there are so few 1BR's and Studios (21 of each) at HH and they fill up quickly.

I guess I'm an idiot too!!!!! :wave2: I called last month to check and there were like 20 2bdrms left for that week, and she suggested that I call day-by-day. I actually did make the attempt on Monday morning, but didnt feel like holding. So I called Wednesday and ended up waitlisted for 4/17,18,19,20....Then I called this morning (at 9am) to book the 21st, and while I was on she saw the 20th open up, so I got two out of the five dates. Still don't know if I'll have luck! :confused3

We will be there from April 14-21 in a studio, so maybe we will see some of you there!!!

I was able to book three of the six nights I need in a two bedroom. My original request was for a one bdrm but I figured my chances were better to get a two bdrm on the waitlist since there are more of them. I also think we will be more comfortable in a 2 bedroom. Unlike WDW, where you leave your room early in the morning and don't return until later in the afternoon or evening, I think we will be in and out of the room more frequently during the day at HH.

I read in another thread that I should make sure that I am waitlisted on a day by day waitlist and not for all three days together. So when I called this morning to book our last night I had MS switch me to that type of waitlist. Its a good thing I read the DIS boards frequently or I would never have known to do that.

MS this morning said I had a pretty good chance of getting all my dates since I am booking so early. Hopefully she is right.

For those of you who will be there that week, we'll see you there. I'm looking forward to a nice beach vacation after what will probably be a long, cold NE winter.

adamandallie said:
I read in another thread that I should make sure that I am waitlisted on a day by day waitlist and not for all three days together. So when I called this morning to book our last night I had MS switch me to that type of waitlist. Its a good thing I read the DIS boards frequently or I would never have known to do that.
adamandallie said:
This is the first I am learning of this (not to mention the first time that I am on the waitlist). What I am wondering is, if I call to be placed on a day-to-day waitlist, will that change what order I am on the list (like will it bump me to the bottom) ? Can someone clarify? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter