I'm a little relieved and a little upset both at the same time.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
My 86 year old grandmother decided she wasn't going to go to Disney World with us in September. We have always been a little scared of her going but then we wanted her to see Disney and we were going to take it very slow. She told my mother last night that she had decided to let us drop her off in Biloxi and she is going to stay the week with her niece. She will enjoy herself there but I will miss showing her my WORLD.

We were a little afraid of the heat for her and what rides she could do and not do...but now she made the decision for us. I guess she knows whats best for her and in a way I am relieved, but sad too.

I would feel the same Beauty! {{{HUGS}}}

Maybe she feels she made hold you back and spoil your fun a little.I would have been nice for her to go,for you and her but she knows whats best.I know you'll be disappointed but shes old enough to make up her own mind!!!!!

Thanks guys...yep she is old enough to make up her mind and I'm relieved because Disney is HOT in September....I love her to pieces though and she is a MESS!! We are thinking perhaps a shorter trip in January or February when its cooler for her.

She tickles me though because she was a little scared too. When I told her about the Jungle Cruise I had to promise her that the Elephants weren't real.

Can certainly understand how you might feel, wanting her to be there on the one hand and also concerned about her health on the other.

Well hope things do work out for the better in this case.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I know you were looking forward to sharing WDW with her. I can understand how you're are a little releived, but still disappointed.

Maybe doing a slower trip in January or February is the way to go. Mention it to her and see how she reacts. And if you tell her it's okay to go her speed she may surprise you and go. I understand the disappointment because you did want to share your World with her. Maybe the trip will happen early next year!

I can understand your anticipation and frustration.....completely. I'm sure she'll be fine in Biloxi though. Just be sure to take pictures or video to share with her afterward.

I understand what you mean, Beauty. Sounds like it'll be best for her to be in Biloxi out of the heat, though I know you guys will miss having her along for the trip.

I agree with a slower trip in December, January or February. Then it wouldn't be so hot and you could still share Disney with her :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter