I'm back from my wedding planning session!

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
We had a wonderful time planning for the big day! It went really
smoothly, and we got a lot accomplished. :) Here's the quick schedule:

7:30 pm ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion
8:30 pm Illuminations pre-reception at the Italy Isola in Epcot
9:30 pm reception at the American Adventure Rotunda in Epcot

Colin, my mom, and I went for a quick trip for our planning session with my Event Manager, Laura Kidd. We stayed at the Beach Club. It was a really nice resort (I love the new room decor), but I prefer the Yacht Club since it seems to have fewer children and be a little quieter. I would stay at the Beach Club again though. :)

We met Laura Kidd at 9:30 at Franck's after a delicious breakfast at the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary (which I highly recommend--be sure to try a Sticky Mickey). First we went over the wedding logistics (who will seat whom, etc.), then Andrew from entertainment came in. He priced out lots of choices for us, but we are sure that we won't keep them all (the budget can't handle all that, LOL!).

Mickey/Minnie
Solo violinist (for ceremony and pre-reception)
Rolls Royce
2 trumpeters (in tuxes, not costumes)
DJ

This is way over our budget estimate, so we will likely be cutting
out most of this. I think we will keep the violinist and 1 of the
trumpeters, as well as the DJ. I think we'll be cutting out the
Rolls Royce (maybe use a limo, or maybe the 1929 Cadillac) and the characters.

Then Cindy from the floral department came in to work with us. I
will be carrying a round bouquet of red roses mixed with hypericum berries and crystals in it, with holly (without the stickers) around the edges. My bridesmaids will carry round bouquets of white roses with hypericum berries and holly mixed throughout the bouquets. My mom is carrying a nosegay instead of a corsage, and I can't seem to remember what the boutonneirs will look like. Our reception centerpieces will be silver candelabras with red roses, white lilies and roses, berries, and holiday greenery. We might have greenery wreaths on the pews at the Wedding Pavilion, and if we do we will put those at the base of the candelabras at the reception. We will be having a roman table for the bridal party, and we will use the girls' bouquets and garland to decorate that table (as well as our
unity candle arrangement). Also at the ceremony we will have
candelabras (the slanted kind) with some greenery. Originally Cindy had said to wrap chiffon around them, but I think I will change that after having thought it through. Our unity candle arrangement will be the same flowers as the rest that we're using. We also might use some flowers on the door frame in the back of the Pavilion (but that might get cut from the budget). We're also using the chocolate placecards as favors.

We worked out more details with Laura, then we went over to the Epcot Events kitchen for our menu tasting. Chef Ivan was very friendly and helpful. They had prepared tons of stuff for us to
taste, and it was all wonderful. We were a little nervous that the
food would taste "banquety", but it was superb. Here's what we
tasted:

chicken salad on bread slices
ham pinwheels on bread slices
shrimp canapes
oriental spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce
mini chicken cordon bleu
crab cakes with roumelade sauce
cheese quesadillas
cheese tortellini with vegetables in marinara sauce
beef tenderloin with shallot mayonnaise
horseradish whipped mashed potatoes
a variety of desserts that Chef Ivan made for us

We'll be serving most of the things we tasted (we're doing stations), plus a few more. We'll also be having turkey with
cranberry relish, a salad station, another pasta with alfredo sauce, and maybe some other stuff I've forgotten about now. Boy, we were so full when we left. Thanks to Chef Ivan and his team for a terrific job!

We then finished up with Laura back at Franck's and left to meet
Randy Chapman for our engagement pictures, which we had done at the BoardWalk. I'll post those when I get them back. I can't wait--Randy was a pleasure to work with, and I hope he got some great shots.

I almost forgot that we also chose our cake flavors and design. We are having 2 different flavors: chocolate cake/bavarian cream
filling with raspberries and yellow cake/bavarian cream with
strawberries. Our cake will be all white with a Christmas theme.
The layers will be square. The bottom layer will have our initials
and holly, the middle layer will have wreaths, and the top layer
will have snowflakes. The top will be the white chocolate castle.
They will "luster dust" the cake to make it shiny. :)

I will be more than happy to answer any questions. :)

--Elisabeth (& Colin)
12/13/03

Elizabeth,

The whole thing sound like a fantasy. I can't wait to see the pictures. If I could do it over again, I would do it in WDW, too. THe only thing I see missing is a hidden Mickey in the flowers, but since he is hidden, why would I see him!

Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marraige.

Marsha

Wow Elisabeth!! It sounds like you got alot done and that it is going to be a great wedding. :)

What time does "Drink Around The World" start???

Seriously, I'm very excited for you and your future DH. It sounds like a fairytale wedding. And it appears that you have everything well under control.

sounds wonderful. We expect to see lots of Pics after. Hummmm.... an after honeymoon Atlanta DIS meet sounds like a good idea

Sounds like the planning is almost as much fun as the event itself!! :)

Enjoy it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter