I'm back - with many questions

Mikewarp127

Earning My Ears
Hi All. I used to be a frequent visitor to the DIS, as well as the parks and cruise line. Haven't visited either in several years - now I'm back to both (YAY!). My how things have changed. It now seems I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation with all the planning that's now required. With all that being said, I'm visiting Disney World in March, staying at Old key West. Will be buying 3 day park hopper passes. Two questions...

1) With prices so high, I was planning on buying my park tickets from a third party ticket seller rather than directly from Disney. Are there any problems doing this, and what is the best seller....or doesn't it matter?

2) Related question, I read somewhere that if you purchase thickets from a third party, you are not eligible for the Dining Plan. I'm not sure what the connection between park tickets and the dining plan is.

Thanks for your help...

I have no experience purchasing through 3rd party so I can't help with #1. But I do know that in order to get DDP you must book a "package" through Disney with at least one day of park tickets.

2) Related question, I read somewhere that if you purchase thickets from a third party, you are not eligible for the Dining Plan. I'm not sure what the connection between park tickets and the dining plan is.
I purchased my tickets 3rd party and still got the dining plan. You have to book a hotel with it, though, and you cannot book it online. Either you have to call to book or book through a TA, which is what I did.

Can't help you with the dining plan as we don't use it but I've bought tickets from AAA, park savers and undercover tourist and had no problems. You just need to make sure you get the confirmation number to enter into MDE.

We've bought from Undercover Tourist our last two times. Easy and haven't had any problems. Easy to link to our reservation through MDE.
We book room only when the deals are out, then buy tickets from UT and link them. Still get to book dining at 180 days and FP at 60. We haven't used the dining plan our last two family trips because it's not worth it for us, so I can't answer that part of your question.

I buy our tickets 3rd party through Boardwalk Ticketing. I've used Undercover Tourist in the past, as well.

Undercover Tourist gets you a 1% cash back via eBates if you like rebate shopping.

We have been using Undercover Tourist (https://www.undercovertourist.com/) for years and have never had an issue. We are a party of 6 and they save us $50.58 per ticket on a 7-day Park Hopper ticket, that's over $300 saved for us. With MDE it is so easy to add them to your account and your Magic Bands, so worth it and there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, remember the price you see on Disney website is without tax and the price on Undercover Tourist is with tax, so be sure you are comparing apples to apples and they ship them to you for FREE if you want the paper ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!