I'm curious if BWV Studios has a Fridge with a small Freezer that actually keeps frozen foods frozen.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I'm curious if BWV Studios has a Fridge with a small Freezer that actually keeps frozen foods frozen.

When I was at Disney Pop Century Resort, the small Fridge did not have a small freezer section. I didn't need them because of the food court and other reasons.

I was planning on ordering groceries for my December 2019 BWV trip and I was curious if anyone knows or has a photo of the small fridge in the studio with the door open showing the Fridge.

I guess if there is not a studio freezer I could put the food I want frozen up against the back/refrigerator coils, and put a large ziplock bag of ice cubes against the other side (side facing door) of the food to help keep it frozen.

Any ideas?

Here is a recent photo of the Pop Fridge:

Do the interior of the newer Studio Fridges look like this:

https://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Mini-Fridge-Studio-at-Polynesian-Villas-and-Bungalows-from-**************.net_.jpg

I don't know when this BWV studio photo was taken, but here is a view of the outside of a studio fridge:

DSC04698.jpg

Sorry, I can't help, haven't stay at BWV for a few years.. But wow, that fridge at POP looks tiny.

We have stayed mostly in studios, and even when we did have a freezer, they didn't work well. I'd put a few bottles of water in the freezer and it would take a few days to freeze. Plus the freezer part is small.

Sorry, I can't help, haven't stayed at BWV for a few years.. But wow, that fridge at POP looks tiny.

We have stayed mostly in studios, and even when we did have a freezer, they didn't work well. I'd put a few bottles of water in the freezer and it would take a few days to freeze. Plus the freezer part is small.

Hi, jo-jo. I haven't stayed at any other resort other than Pop in years so I don't remember the size at BWV.

It does look small, but the two plastic shelves can be adjusted or removed.

It did hold a to go container for the Pop food court and cans of colas.

I didn't order food for this trip from Publix, but I would like to order some 2-Liter sodas and bagels, and other quick meal offerings when I don't eat out at BWV.

Well, I happen to have a photo! :goodvibes

p1961415669-5.jpg

p2130778385-4.jpg

These photos were taken 3 years ago but it was post refurb at BWV. The issue can be that if they had to replace the unit in the room you get they seem to be going only with fridges that do not have freezers. But I'd think odds are decent you'd have a little freezer unit. I kind of think that all the resorts refurbed after BWV have gotten the fridge only units.

FWIW I hate that they have switched to the type without the little freezers. There wasn't a lot they could hold but a couple of things worked in them.

Well, I happen to have a photo! :goodvibes

p1961415669-5.jpg

p2130778385-4.jpg

FWIW I hate that they have switched to the type without the little freezers. There wasn't a lot they could hold but a couple of things worked in them.

Yes, we had a studio somewhere without the freezer and the only way to get at least semi frozen water bottle was to have them up against the cooling coils (or whatever they are called). We really like have a bottle or two of frozen water for the parks.

Ray, I'm assuming you mean something like lean cuisines/ tv dinner type meals.. If you get a fridge with a freezer, I think two ro three would fit in the freezer area.
I've seen some shelf stable meals. We've tried like a beef stew meal. (cause we ususally stay in a night or two) In our opinion, wasn't bad but loaded with salt. Depending what you want to buy , it may be ok for a day or two in the fridge. When we travel with the kids, we buy frozen breakfast sandwiches, and it says on package can be left in the fridge for a couple of days.

Yes, we had a studio somewhere without the freezer and the only way to get at least semi-frozen water bottle was to have them up against the cooling coils (or whatever they are called). We really like have a bottle or two of frozen water for the parks.

Ray, I'm assuming you mean something like lean cuisines/ tv dinner type meals... If you get a fridge with a freezer, I think two or three would fit in the freezer area.
I've seen some shelf stable meals. We've tried like a beef stew meal. (cause we usually stay in a night or two) In our opinion, wasn't bad but loaded with salt. Depending on what you want to buy, it may be ok for a day or two in the fridge. When we travel with the kids, we buy frozen breakfast sandwiches, and it says on the package can be left in the fridge for a couple of days.

Yes, I wanted to buy one or two Stouffer's spaghetti with meat sauce type meals. I agree with placing them against the regular fridge coiling coils that I see in the photo (not in the freezer part if available). I could also add a ziplock bag of ice against the package. I have heard that helps keep it frozen. I just worry placing them sideways might cause the meal to leak out. I suppose I could lay them flat, but it seems like placing them sideways would allow more surface area to freeze. I'm just surmising.

They don’t have to stay frozen, just keep them in the Fridge to keep them cold and heat them for less time.
I buy the family size veggie lasagna stouffers from time to time and always take it out of the freezer in the morning so it takes less time to cook at night.

It really depends on the room. I think most fridge has the freezer section in BWV. And you'll have to dial it all the way down to freezing (cause they don't usually do that).

It really depends on the room. I think most fridge has the freezer section in BWV. And you'll have to dial it all the way down to freezing (cause they don't usually do that).
Lots of times they remove the dial to change the temperature because too many people dial it as cold as they can and it tends to ruin the refrigerator. Or the next guest complains that their food was ruined by the cold temp.

Yes, I wanted to buy one or two Stouffer's spaghetti with meat sauce type meals. I agree with placing them against the regular fridge coiling coils that I see in the photo (not in the freezer part if available). I could also add a ziplock bag of ice against the package. I have heard that helps keep it frozen. I just worry placing them sideways might cause the meal to leak out. I suppose I could lay them flat, but it seems like placing them sideways would allow more surface area to freeze. I'm just surmising.

Not sure if you were planning to buy and bring with you or have grocery delivery. But BWV sells some Stouffer's frozen things similar. Could be easy enough to just buy when you need it. Yes, you'll probably pay a bit more, but then don't have to worry about it not being frozen in the fridge.

Just got home from Bwv. Had 2 studios, both with freezers. It took 7 days to freeze one bottle of water between both freezers. Just because it has a freezer, that doesn’t mean it works or freezes. However, we had a 1 night stay at okw on arrival night and the tiny freezer worked there. Got several frozen water bottles overnight.

Since you're looking at Stouffer's spaghetti, what about just making spaghetti ? Then you entirely avoid the freezer issue. We will be doing this during our next trip.

All the DVC stores sell both a box of Barilla spaghetti noodles and a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce, or if you are having grocery delivery you could have your own brand of choice.

Get or bring a Fasta Pasta microwave pasta cooker and you are set [we use it at home and when traveling to cook our pasta; so much easier than boiling it stovetop; I recommend the original not a knockoff]: https://fastapasta.com/

Sistema's microwave line is another option ( https://sistemaplastics.com/products/microwave ). They have some great recipes on their website.

We always get some inexpensive reusable plasticware [e.g. Gladware or Ziploc] for leftovers; you could do one batch and have leftovers or just do smaller batches. Use the plasticware as your bowls.

SW

Would Walmart or a grocery delivery sell a cheap styrofoam cooler? One that costs 3 or 4 dollars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter