I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich?? - updated 6/23!

Our journey to Tomorrowland took us through the Hub and gave us some more photo ops with the castle. I took a bunch of pics as we were walking. This one was my favorite:

7f419ad4-e9f1-479a-8133-c681ac783970.jpg

As we entered the future, we had two items on our agenda: Food, and defeating the Evil Emporer Zurg.

05e76309-f6f1-4b83-84a3-2f245d91ac7e.jpg

We grabbed FastPasses for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and the headed over to Cosmic Rays for dinner. We grabbed seats outside, and I got everyone's order and went in to get our food. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the food. OOPS! It's been almost an entire year, but I think a safe bet is that I had a cheeseburger, Lisa had a chicken sandwich, Bella and Jackson both had chicken fingers/nuggets. I could be wrong, but in the end I don't think it matters much. Cosmic Rays doesn't have anything that will blow you away. What is really good about it is that they have a wide selection of food, so you can get just about anything.

Jackson seemed to enjoy his meal

P1030395-1.jpg

We still had time to kill after eating, so we browsed around in Mickey's Star Traders. Bella liked this hat, but we didn't buy it.

2db4b980-05e2-4cba-a56c-5401721764db.jpg

When our window opened, we boarded our spaceships and helped Buzz defeat Zurg. It was girls vs. boys as I took Jackson and Bella rode with Lisa, behind us. I spun us around to videotape Lisa and Bella on the ride. I wasn't concerned with scoring, but wouldn't you know that I scored 200,000 points just by shooting Lisa! :rotfl2:

Lisa and Bella in action:

39155900096.jpg

Me and Jackson:

39155900095.jpg

It was very easy to get our ride pictures added to our PhotoPass+ card.

After our galactic battle was finished, we suffered a disaster of cosmic proportions. I won't go into detail, but we ended back over at Cosmic Rays and Mickey's Star Traders.

Jackson was chillin' in the stroller while it all went down.

f3e9d120-b51f-4888-9892-5f74e8c5ef1d.jpg

And you may notice from this picture that somebody got a whole new outfit, which we had to purchase...

0dedd060-9b1d-4ab1-9969-11e0c32978e1.jpg

Bella then apparently had a secret to share with her little brother...

d53c32a1-0f1d-416e-9d9c-2c0581bb7bd3.jpg

Situation rectified, but with both Lisa and I feeling frustrated at what we felt could have been avoided, we made our way back through the hub toward Main Street as the sun was setting and the lights were coming on.

19c4b684-a25d-4585-b454-b733e6ca987b.jpg

cf2727ef-4524-4e9e-b5ba-58546e3d535a.jpg

There was one more thing on our to do list for the evening. Back in the spring of 2010, we discovered the Wishes Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace. We loved it so much that we decided to do it again on our first night of our holiday trip at the end of 2010. Alas, the storm that wreaked havoc on our plans prevented us from being there and we lost out on our reservation.

So it was time to set things right. We made our way over to the seating area and got checked in. The check-in had moved to the other side from where it was 3 years prior. It also seemed to be a slightly larger setup than that first experience.

They had a PhotoPass photographer there and we got a nice night-time family shot with the castle.

b3b2837c-8c8a-4266-ad8d-51cd862931ef.jpg

As you can see, I'm still wearing my lei. Had it on since breakfast. :thumbsup2

Just like we remembered, the dessert buffet had plenty of great choices. This was my plate:

P1030404.jpg

and this was Lisa's:

P1030400-1.jpg

Bella enjoying her dessert:

P1030402-1.jpg

As we ate dessert, we could see the Main Street Electrical Parade moving up Main Street and through the Hub from our seats. At one point we got up to move to the railing to get a better view. It's not the greatest parade viewing spot, but I suppose that's why they call it the "Wishes" dessert party, and not the "MSEP" party.

After the parade, it was time for the new Castle projection show. We had seen this from our balcony the night before, and I was looking forward to having a closer view and being able to actually see the pictures projected on the castle. Well, I was disappointed. Even from the Terrace, I couldn't make out any of the family photos they included in the show. The animations were amazing and the images that they used that took up a large portion of the castle were visible. But when they put up the park photos from the day, they were way too small to see, and usually several at once in different spots on the castle for only a few seconds. I really didn't see how anyone could pick out themselves on the castle during the show.

I took to calling it the "Magic, Memories, and WHO?" show after that.

and finally, it was time for Wishes. It's hard to say which was the better viewing experience. Our balcony view was incredible, but the music was low from the park, and being piped out to the balcony from the tv in the room. And the fireworks were appearing over Space Mountain and Tomorrowland. But it had a more personal, private feel to it.

From the Terrace, inside the park, the music is so much louder and being with the crowd and their reactions really makes it a more immersive experience. The downside is dealing with the crowd, and possibly someone blocking your view, and having to walk all the way out of the park afterwards.

I'm glad we got to do both.

I have no pictures of any of this, so I apologize. I took video, and I'll grab some frames from them to post to illustrate the viewing angle we had.

So, with Wishes ending, we gathered our small children by the hand, and made our way toward the exit. I put Bella on my shoulders, and Jackson in the stroller. We knew we'd be back later in the trip, so we didn't bother with the Emporium like we normally would have.

Instead, we made a beeline to the exit, and once we got there, we didn't have to deal with boarding the monorail or the ferry. We enjoyed the convenience of WALKING back to our hotel. Bella was on my shoulders the whole way.

Once back in the room, we got ready for bed and for our next full day at WDW. We even caught some of the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony before calling it a night.

So that's it for day 2. (aside from the promised dessert party images to come)

Next up, we spend a day at EPCOT!!

What a great update!!! Do you recommend the Dessert party?!?

Besides working more then you deserve how was Father's day?!?
I just love reading your reports!!!
Such a great family!

I just wrote an update while here at work, and the damn browser "stopped unexpectedly" and I lost the whole thing just as I was finishing it up. UGH!!!
I hate it when that happens.

That's why I always write my updates in Word and then copy/paste. :thumbsup2

The problem tonight was that my relief couldn't make it in, and now I'm stuck until 5am.
:faint: Brutal. That's a long day.

It definitely does look like you have busy summer coming up, but a lot of family time and some fun in store for you as well. Enjoy!

I wasn't concerned with scoring, but wouldn't you know that I scored 200,000 points just by shooting Lisa! :rotfl2:
Hmmmm... interesting... Might just have to try this one out sometime.

And you may notice from this picture that somebody got a whole new outfit, which we had to purchase...
Well whatever happened certainly couldn't have been anything good at all.

Just like we remembered, the dessert buffet had plenty of great choices. This was my plate:
Ok, I'm sold. Now I want to do a dessert party.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I like it! :thumbsup2

I really didn't care much for that part of the show anyway. I guess if your kid's picture is up there, it would have been special, but otherwise... well, it is just some random kid. :confused3 I really had a hard time making out the pictures on the castle from Main Street anyway. You had to be standing pretty close to see the detail. I think the new projection show, which doesn't include that part, is actually a much better show.

Instead, we made a beeline to the exit, and once we got there, we didn't have to deal with boarding the monorail or the ferry. We enjoyed the convenience of WALKING back to our hotel. Bella was on my shoulders the whole way.
I would love having that ability!

Love that photo!

Happy Father's Day!

nemo-fathersday.jpg

Thanks!

Awesome update! :goodvibes

Thank you very much!

Thanks!

What a great update!!! Do you recommend the Dessert party?!?

Besides working more then you deserve how was Father's day?!?
I just love reading your reports!!!
Such a great family!

Thanks. I would recommend the dessert party! If there's only one parade, you'll either have to live with seeing it from afar, or you'll have to be late to the dessert party OR check-in, then leave to go get a closer look and then return (you'll have a wristband, you use that to go to the restroom and return)

My father's day was good. I was tired, but I got a nap after I got my presents and later I barbecued and had dinner with the family.

I hope everyone got to enjoy father's day!

I hate it when that happens.

That's why I always write my updates in Word and then copy/paste. :thumbsup2

:faint: Brutal. That's a long day.

It definitely does look like you have busy summer coming up, but a lot of family time and some fun in store for you as well. Enjoy!

Hmmmm... interesting... Might just have to try this one out sometime.

Well whatever happened certainly couldn't have been anything good at all.

Ok, I'm sold. Now I want to do a dessert party.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I like it! :thumbsup2

I really didn't care much for that part of the show anyway. I guess if your kid's picture is up there, it would have been special, but otherwise... well, it is just some random kid. :confused3 I really had a hard time making out the pictures on the castle from Main Street anyway. You had to be standing pretty close to see the detail. I think the new projection show, which doesn't include that part, is actually a much better show.

I would love having that ability!

you'd think I'd learn my lesson and start typing mine in word, but no. One time I thought I was being slick and kept highlighting everything and "copying" it so if I lost it all I had to do was paste it back in. Then Jackson sat on my lap, and proceeded to step on the power button of the PC. The computer shut down and I lost it all. :rotfl2:

I should have specified that I shot Lisa repeatedly, and totaled 200,000. It wasn't that much for one shot. I remember being shocked it was giving me points at all.

I recommend the dessert party, especially if you don't mind not being up close for MSEP. Try not to eat dinner right beforehand.

I agree that the show should be much better without the photo part. The castle effects are amazing and I can't wait to see what else they've done with that.

Okay, before I move on to Day 3, here are the images from the Wishes Dessert Party that I didn't have when I wrote about it in the last update!

Our little table sign:

dessertparty_Snapshot.jpg

The dessert spread:

1a9ef66f-44b9-4f53-ae74-f02ff91acb21.jpg

4cb8cc2e-7943-49bf-9fda-724dd042e6e2.jpg

dessertparty_Snapshot7.jpg

dessertparty_Snapshot5.jpg

dessertparty_Snapshot3.jpg

Bella enjoying her dessert:

5f818110-88df-4f41-ae73-4e15fec9ffb5.jpg

a5c371fe-c88f-415f-857b-cbad81463f34.jpg

MSEP from the dessert party - (as you can see it's a long way to see much, but still a sight to see the lights moving up Main Street)

c273564a-b960-4682-9bc4-7d9444a9a86c.jpg

moreMSEPfromdessertparty_Snapshot2.jpg

f9c9dbcf-79a4-40de-9df8-b3764adfd1f3.jpg

I'm zoomed in on this one.

10af7e2f-2d06-4e9a-ad32-8a204d749366.jpg

b738b57b-8506-4fc9-9044-eaaeed85c1a3.jpg

The Magic Memories and You (Who?) show

magicmemoriesandwhodessertpartyview_Snapshot.jpg

magicmemoriesandwhodessertpartyview_Snapshot2.jpg

In this one you can see how difficult it was to make out any of the photos.

Wishes:

wishesdessertparty_Snapshot6.jpg

wishesdessertparty_Snapshot5.jpg

wishesdessertparty_Snapshot4.jpg

wishesdessertparty_Snapshot7.jpg

wishesdessertparty_Snapshot9.jpg

All of these were images I froze from the video I took. Now we can move on to the next day!! :cool1:

After our galactic battle was finished, we suffered a disaster of cosmic proportions. I won't go into detail, but we ended back over at Cosmic Rays and Mickey's Star Traders.

Jackson was chillin' in the stroller while it all went down.

f3e9d120-b51f-4888-9892-5f74e8c5ef1d.jpg

0dedd060-9b1d-4ab1-9969-11e0c32978e1.jpg

Situation rectified, but with both Lisa and I feeling frustrated at what we felt could have been avoided, we made our way back through the hub toward Main Street as the sun was setting and the lights were coming on.

I think we've ALL had one of those. Not fun though, not fun at all. It is a cute outfit though!

As we ate dessert, we could see the Main Street Electrical Parade moving up Main Street and through the Hub from our seats. At one point we got up to move to the railing to get a better view. It's not the greatest parade viewing spot, but I suppose that's why they call it the "Wishes" dessert party, and not the "MSEP" party.

After the parade, it was time for the new Castle projection show. We had seen this from our balcony the night before, and I was looking forward to having a closer view and being able to actually see the pictures projected on the castle. Well, I was disappointed. Even from the Terrace, I couldn't make out any of the family photos they included in the show. The animations were amazing and the images that they used that took up a large portion of the castle were visible. But when they put up the park photos from the day, they were way too small to see, and usually several at once in different spots on the castle for only a few seconds. I really didn't see how anyone could pick out themselves on the castle during the show.

:lmao:

that's pretty funny. How nice that you could WALK back! Someday I hope to stay there and experience that from MK.

Once back in the room, we got ready for bed and for our next full day at WDW. We even caught some of the Electric Water Pageant from our balcony before calling it a night.

Bonus prizes :cool1: I've still never even seen it! And I don't expect that to get fixed anytime soom.

Really enjoying your TR! Your kids are so super cute!! I agree with you that the pics on the Castle are hard to make out being so dark - maybe if you were right up close you could possibly make out who's in the pics. I love TR's that include not only family pics but pics of the Parks as well - you really got some great shots!

I would say nice fireworks pictures, but I guess it would be more appropriate to say nice video freezes. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Hi there! I've been MIA for a few months but I'm back & trying to play catch up.

The day at MK really seems like it was very nice! I keep wanting to try Tortuga Taver but they are never open when I'm there. :sad2:

Love the picture of the castle with the flowers in the foreground! LOVELY!

I can't believe this TR is still open!!!

I fully expected it to have been closed... but since it's still open... I guess I should finish it????

I apologize to anyone who comes across this or has been left hanging all these months. I completely fell off the DIS... things just got so hectic that I didn't have time for everything.

Quick updates:

Blog is doing better than I could have imagined. I wasn't sure it would last, but next month we'll be a year old. We've got over 3600 Facebook Followers, and well over 1,000 on Twitter and Pinterest. We just created a YouTube channel as well, and perhaps I'll be putting together video TRs from now on????

Wife and kids are good. We've taken two more trips to WDW since this one that I stopped writing about, and of course we can't wait to go back again!!

I'm going to go back and read to see where I left off, then I'll get my pictures together to continue the story!

(I know, you'll all believe it when you read it!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter