I'm going through withdrawal...one trip just became two!!

It's not a very exciting PTR :laughing: The trip in October was really planned on a 6 hour car ride, by the time I got back, things were pretty much done. Now I've just been playing with the details.

Next time I post I'll have an update on the trip though, including a rather exciting (ok, not that exciting, but I find it exciting) announcement! ...I know, I'm mean ::yes::

My big exciting announcement??

My boyfriend has an iPhone, we downloaded a Twitter app...so I'll be posting live! updates in October! :woohoo:

I waited because we weren't sure if we could set it up for my account or if it'd have to be his account...but it's my account, so all is good!

You can follow me here! (As it gets closer, I'll add the link to my sig, you don't need to have a Twitter account to follow!)

I've been trying to avoid the whole twitter thing. But I think I might have to follow when I'm having WDW withdrawals the week after we get back! LOL:goodvibes

My big exciting announcement??

My boyfriend has an iPhone, we downloaded a Twitter app...so I'll be posting live! updates in October! :woohoo:

I waited because we weren't sure if we could set it up for my account or if it'd have to be his account...but it's my account, so all is good!

You can follow me here! (As it gets closer, I'll add the link to my sig, you don't need to have a Twitter account to follow!)

Just added you on twitter! (I'm mugirl0307)

Sounds exciting!

Well, I'm excited anyway! And I'd like to point out to everyone that you've started a PTR! So go check it out!

I've been trying to avoid the whole twitter thing. But I think I might have to follow when I'm having WDW withdrawals the week after we get back! LOL:goodvibes

Haha, my boyfriend has an account just to follow geeky news (like Apple stuff, a few gaming things, etc.) His Mom joined and told him he doesn't tweet enough :rotfl: I do it more often, but I follow a lot of Disney stuff, plus local news. I find it very useful, more so than I thought it would be!

Just added you on twitter! (I'm mugirl0307)

:yay: I'll probably post a lot of the food we try :goodvibes

The other night we sat down with all the F&W Kiosk selections and went through what we wanted to try...this is our current list. There are 39 items, + ice cream + the beer walk + the tequila bar + the Champagne demo + any adult beverages... We have 12 snacks. :rotfl: Hmmm...anyone care to donate :rolleyes1

I'm anxious to see pictures from this weekend so we might be able to narrow this list down!

Athens, Greece Location: Canada Pavilion

• Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
• Baklava

Bangkok, Thailand - Location: Africa Outpost

• Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp

Buenos Aires, Argentina Location: Mexico Pavilion

• Beef Empanada with Tomato Salsa
• Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Pureé

Cape Town, South Africa Location: Africa Outpost

• Mealie Soup with Crabmeat and Chili Oil
• Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purée, Mango Barbecue Sauce

Cork, Ireland Location: United Kingdom Pavilion

• Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie
• Kerrygold Cheese Selection: Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread
• Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache

Kraków, Poland Location: Norway Pavilion

• Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream

Marrakesh, Morocco Location: Morocco Pavilion

• Kefta (Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket)
• Falafel Pita Pocket
• Baklava

Melbourne, Australia Location: Africa Outpost

• Grilled Lamb Chop, Red Wine Sauce, Murray River Sea Salt
• Lamington

Mexico City, Mexico Location: Mexico Pavilion

• Taco de Cochinita Pibil (Corn Tortilla filled with Shredded Pork and Purple Onions)
• Mousse de Piña y Coco
• Chilaquiles (Baked Tortillas Layered with Chicken and Cheese)

Montreal, Canada Location: Canada Pavilion

• Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
• Maple Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad
• Maple Sugar Candy

Munich, Germany Location: Germany Pavilion

• Späetzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese
• Nuernberger Sausage on a Pretzel Roll
• Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

Paris, France Location: France Pavilion

• Escargot Persillade en Brioche
• Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes

San Juan, Puerto Rico Location: Showcase Plaza

• Guava Cookie (Panatela Masa Real )

Santiago, Chile Location: Showcase Plaza

• Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Cookie)

Tokyo, Japan Location: Japan Pavilion

• Sukiyaki Beef Roll
• Tuna Sensation

Vienna, Austria Location: Germany Pavilion

• Sachertorte

Wellington, New Zealand Location: United Kingdom Pavilion

• Seared Sea Scallop with Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Oil
• Lamb Slider with Tomato Chutney

Desserts & Champagne Location: Showcase Plaza

• Strawberry Shortcake
• Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis

Flavorhood — Hosted by Edy's Ice Cream Location: The Rose Walk near Imagination Walkway

A great way to celebrate the day with your family, neighbors and new friends. Pay a visit to the Rose Walk where you can purchase ice cream from the "Flavorhood". Test your "flavorology" and learn your ice cream personality among other fun activities.

The Mouse Catch Location: Showcase Plaza

• Dorothea Dutch Cheese
• Piave — Italian Cheese
• Mahon — Spanish Cheese

Walk-Abouts: Beer Hop Location: American Adventure

Celebrate the fine art of beer making when you purchase a Passport and sip amazing ales, lagers and craft beers from the best domestic and international brewers.

Um, YUMMY!!! And those were the ones you narrowed down?:confused3 I have a feeling it would overwhelm my brain and my tummy to go to F&W. . . I hope you have a wonderful time and you come back with a full report!

The Dessert and Champagne Booth alone would be worth it for me!!:rotfl: That Warm Chocolate Lava Cake from Cork, Ireland looks yummy! I'm easily influenced by chocolate, though.

So if you decided to go down during F&W, you're saying we can find you just sitting in front of the Champagne booth? ;)

And guess what?!

We're going to see a traveling Cirque tonight! We have tickets to see Alegria :yay: I'm excited!

I checked out the thread you posted with the pictures of the food. Wow.. I can say I'd eat everything on there! You might be hopping to Epcot everyday just to eat! Looks great!

Now I wish we planned an Epcot day.:sad2:

So that's nice asked me how Cirque was last night...and I posted on his PTR, I'm copying and pasting, hope no one minds!

I really enjoyed it. It was my boyfriend's first time seeing a Cirque show, so he was really excited about it. Totally worth it. We got the cheap seats, so we were pretty far up, but we were in the center of the arena. He was a little bummed when we got to our seats, but I kept telling him that it would be better to be in the center and up rather than off to the side. Sure enough, I was right! (Not that he'd admit it! :laughing: ) A lot of similarities to La Nouba, but things that were different too. They had these guys on balance beams that were being held by other people...awesome. Alegria was much more of a Circus show where as La Nouba is a little more fluid. Alegria I think was a little slower, more paced, not as frantic as La Nouba. It was neat to see a different show, I really enjoyed it!

...and I just noticed that I began and ended with "I really enjoyed it." :rotfl: Well, I guess that sums it up!

Oooo yummy food! Ooo I want to see other Cirque shows but we just didn't have the time! Glad you liked it though!!

So if you decided to go down during F&W, you're saying we can find you just sitting in front of the Champagne booth? ;)

And guess what?!

We're going to see a traveling Cirque tonight! We have tickets to see Alegria :yay: I'm excited!

I cannot deny the fact that I would be spending some time there. . . . who doesn't like a little chocolate with their champagne??:laughing:

I'm glad you were able to get DBF to go to the Cirque show with you. That's something DH will not do.:sad2: I've wanted to see La Nouba for several years now, and I cannot convince him. Someday.

Hello, hello, hello!:wave2: My goodness, I've been away so long that I have a lot of catching up to do.:flower3: I think our trips might be overlapping by a few days. My brother and sister in law had a trip planned with two other family members who backed out at the last minute, so they invited us to go with them in the deserters' place! How cool is that?

Oooo yummy food! Ooo I want to see other Cirque shows but we just didn't have the time! Glad you liked it though!!

I'm really glad we had the opportunity to see one that wasn't the Disney show!

I cannot deny the fact that I would be spending some time there. . . . who doesn't like a little chocolate with their champagne??:laughing:

I'm glad you were able to get DBF to go to the Cirque show with you. That's something DH will not do.:sad2: I've wanted to see La Nouba for several years now, and I cannot convince him. Someday.

The cheap seats (you know, up in the nose bleeds) were much cheaper than La Nouba, so that helped. And he wanted to see a Cirque anyway. I left it up to him, so it was all "his idea..."

Hello, hello, hello!:wave2: My goodness, I've been away so long that I have a lot of catching up to do.:flower3: I think our trips might be overlapping by a few days. My brother and sister in law had a trip planned with two other family members who backed out at the last minute, so they invited us to go with them in the deserters' place! How cool is that?

How exciting! Will you be partaking in any gluttony on the 16th or 17th?

Also, a bit of a personal note: I've been fairly open about my migraines and such. I've been taking Topamax as a preventative for them. Recently they came out with a generic form and I switched to that. It's pretty much wreaked havic for me. My migraines have started more frequently, so where I was down to 1/week, now I'm back up to about one every three days (I was at one every other day.) Topamax is also nicknamed "Dopamax" because it makes you kind of dopey. I walked into Staples this morning and forgot why I was there...I had the paper I was copying in my hand :sad2: The thing is, I've never had any of these side effects on the brand name stuff :sad1: The brand name stuff is about $100 for a 3 month supply, the generic is $15...grrrr... I've also been more iritable and I've had nasty nightmares since switching. So really, if I've said anything dumb or mean over the past few weeks, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to and I might not remember saying it :laughing: I'm switching back to the name brand stuff (I called my doctor today) but not until I get it in the mail...

I don't really know why I'm writing this out. But whatever. I'm frustrated beyond belief. With work I'll go to do something, get dristracted half way through and then forget. It's really bad. And my poor boyfriend, it's like I have PMS 24/7. That and we'll be having a conversation and I'll forget what we're talking about in the middle of it! :upsidedow Good thing he's patient! And with work again, I just switched districts, so I have a new boss. My old boss knew my whole trials and tribulations with migraines, new one doesn't. So I have to chose whether to bring him up to speed or just pretend like everything is fine until I get my new/old meds :headache:

In Disney news: I got the Magical Express stuff on Saturday! :banana:

I hope the change back helps. My DW takes Prilosec for her heartburn. She tried switching to the generic and was miserable.:sad2:

My mom used to have horrible migraines for years. It was found out that her jaw was out of alignment (or something like that) and she ended up getting braces and a retainer. She rarely gets them now. (Just a little FYI;))

I've known several people that have had bad reactions to generic migrane medicine (I used to be a pharmacy tech). I hope it makes you feel a little bit better than you aren't alone.:hug: Considering you'll be back in WDW in less than a month, I hope that mail order comes very soon.

Hurray for Magical Express!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter