"I'm Gonna Need You to Hold My Eye." - A Feb. 2020 21st Bday TR! *COMPLETE 6/5*

A good start to your day! Other than the pushy people. Disney can bring out the best or worst in people. Hope the rest of your day goes well - what a fun way to celebrate your 21st!

It never ceases to amaze me the way that some people can be so unhappy and inconsiderate in the Most Magical Place on Earth. But we didn't let it bother us too much!

It really was the best way to celebrate!

Sounds like a really fun morning! You all look so cute!!

Aww thank you so much! We had a blast! :)

Friday February 28th, 2020
Day 2, Part 2

Our first FP+ was at 12:30pm for my favorite ride—BTMRR! AKA, another ride that Emyle hated the last time she was here. I honestly had tears rolling down my face because I was laughing so hard at how much she was screaming…she was unamused. :rotfl:

After the wildest ride in the wilderness, we started across the park toward Tomorrowland. As we crossed through the Hub, the 1:00 Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire started, so we stopped to watch. I really do like this show—it’s super cute, and I love that it gives stage time to movies like Princess and the Frog that don’t get enough attention.

As the show ended, we continued on to Tomorrowland to get on the PeopleMover, but, alas, it was down. We did see the new Tomorrowland sign, though!

We checked wait times, but pretty much everything had a pretty long wait. Since we didn’t have a lot of time, we hopped in line for the carousel. We only had to wait through a couple of rides before it was our turn. We found four horses together and off we went!

When we got off the ride, it was time to check in for our 2:05pm ADR at Be Our Guest!

We didn’t order ahead this time, so we had to wait in line to order. Note to self: ALWAYS order ahead. In actuality, we probably only waited like 15-20 minutes, but it felt like an eternity.

We finally got our food ordered and went in search of a table. We ended up sitting in the main ballroom, and before long, our food arrived!

Mom and I decided to share a French dip sandwich and the braised chicken. We apparently forgot to take a picture of the whole plate of chicken, so I only have a picture of half. :sad2:

Emyle and Kelsey shared a French dip sandwich and the carved turkey sandwich.

Last edited:

Everybody got a cupcake, too. Emyle and I both got the Master’s Cupcake with the Grey Stuff,

and Mom and Kelsey both got the lemon meringue cupcake.

We all loved this meal. Be Our Guest is my one of my favorite restaurants on Disney property, and this lunch did not disappoint. The braised chicken was a new dish for us, but Mom and I both loved it. And the grey stuff on the cupcake was delicious, as always.

After we finished eating, we wandered around the castle for a little bit and took a few pictures before heading back out into the park.

Last edited:
This was a particularly bad day for rope drop, and I honestly felt really bad for the CMs having to deal with all the crazies. :scared1:
Ugh I hate Fantasyland RD :headache: We stopped doing that and if we're there for RD we do Frontierland entering via Adventureland lol. Usually the push and crowd aren't as bad as Fantasyland and it works well - except for when we get to BTMRR and it's down 😡
for my favorite ride—BTMRR!
My favorite in MK too!

Ugh I hate Fantasyland RD :headache: We stopped doing that and if we're there for RD we do Frontierland entering via Adventureland lol. Usually the push and crowd aren't as bad as Fantasyland and it works well - except for when we get to BTMRR and it's down 😡

That is usually what we do, too, but since we only had one day in MK and didn't have FPs for Peter Pan, we had decided to brave it. People are nuts, so we just tried to ignore them!

My favorite in MK too!

It's the best!!

I love Be Our Guest too! I'm glad you had an awesome lunch!

Such a fun meal! :)

Hey Lindsey!! Happy belated 21st birthday!! Loving your report so far :lovestruc it looks like we just missed you, we flew home on Wednesday 26th Feb this year!!

Your day at MK looks fun (apart from the pushy woman, seriously what is wrong with people :sad2:) but I particularly liked your monorail resort hop the night before! I've made a mental note of The Wave Lounge, I've never been to The Wave before, I don't think I knew that they had a lounge?!

Anyway, great report, can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

Hey Lindsey!! Happy belated 21st birthday!! Loving your report so far :lovestruc it looks like we just missed you, we flew home on Wednesday 26th Feb this year!!

Your day at MK looks fun (apart from the pushy woman, seriously what is wrong with people :sad2:) but I particularly liked your monorail resort hop the night before! I've made a mental note of The Wave Lounge, I've never been to The Wave before, I don't think I knew that they had a lounge?!

Anyway, great report, can't wait to hear more :goodvibes

Hi Katie!! :D Thank you so much! How funny that our trips were that close together!

I don't know that I knew the Wave had a lounge until we started planning for the resort hopping! It was great though, and we would definitely recommend! The monorail resort hop in general was a blast, and I would definitely do it again (and maybe try to make it all the way around:laughing:).

Day 2, Part 3

Our first stop after lunch was IaSW! Wait times were pretty long everywhere at this point, so we hopped in Small World’s 40-minute line that was actually more like a 15-minute line. Then, it was time for our Space Mountain FPs! We went on the other track this time (the one on the left when you get to the CM at the FP check inside the line), and Emyle said it was so much worse. I actually agree with her—that track does seem MUCH faster to me—but I think it’s fun!

Kelsey wanted coffee, so we made a stop at Joffrey’s. I can’t remember what kind of coffee she got, but she and Emyle also got a doughnut to share.

They ate their snack, and then we went to get in line for the PeopleMover.

The PeopleMover had issues this trip, which is very upsetting to me because I love the PeopleMover. It seriously stopped at least six times while we were on it, and we heard it stop frequently as we walked through Tomorrowland throughout the day. This was not that long after there was smoke billowing from it (if anyone saw that online), so I’m not sure if that was related or what. It was kind of ridiculous. :sad2:

Anyways, after our stop-and-go ride on the PeopleMover, we headed over to the Laugh Floor. Now, if you’ve read my TRs before, you know that it has been my mom’s mission in life to have her joke get picked for the end of the show. She has been trying for YEARS. This time, she got a response from Mike Wazowski when she texted it in, and her joke got picked! What was the joke you ask?

Why did Mickey Mouse get hit with a snowball?

Because Donald ducked!

She was so excited to hear her name and have her joke get told, and it was such a fun moment. :goodvibes

When we left the Laugh Floor, I tried to go take pictures in front of the Purple Wall, but it was covered up because of all the construction. We made our way out into the Hub and saw that people were starting to stake out spots for Happily Ever After, so we did the same. It was right around 6:30, so I wasn’t surprised with the crowd level we’d seen that day.

At some point around this time, I took some pictures in front of the castle with my new shirt. My best friend got this for me for Christmas, and I am obsessed with it!

Emyle and I left Mom and Kelsey to save our spots and walked over to the edge of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, so she could find a bathroom while I got a Wonderland Slushie.

When we got back to our spots, Mom and Kelsey went to Cosmic Ray’s to get food. Then when they got back, Mom and I mobile ordered from Casey’s and went to pick it up. It was absolute CHAOS in there. Am I the only one that things they need to put orders in bags when it gets crazy like that? Also—I’m all about saving the planet, but the lack of plastic lids on those cups was making me extremely nervous in that kind of crowd. No joke, we saw a woman hold a tray that was filled with drinks over her head to try to navigate her way out. I am shocked no one ended up with Coke on their head.

But we finally got our food and managed to find Emyle and Kelsey at our spots. I'm pretty sure we got corndog nuggets at fries, even though there's no photo evidence of it.

The view from our spot:

There was this nice couple standing behind us that we chatted with off and on, and they helped us save our spots. They were pretty funny and even admitted that they had decided to stand behind us because we were so short and they knew they could see over us! :rotfl:

Then, finally, it was time for Happily Ever After!

Wait times were pretty long everywhere

UGH I'm having traumatic flashbacks. Sad to hear it didn't get any better after we left :sad2:

NAILED IT! I can never find that darn camera :laughing:

Why did Mickey Mouse get hit with a snowball?

Because Donald ducked!

:laughing: such wholesome, family-friendly content. Well done mom!

They were pretty funny and even admitted that they had decided to stand behind us because we were so short and they knew they could see over us! :rotfl:

I've had someone say the exact same thing to me before! We are true heroes of the people aren't we :rotfl:

What a perfect viewing spot! This is such a nice picture :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

How exciting your mom finally got her joke chosen! So happy for her! And honestly it is such a winner. True comedienne.

Also, Magic Kingdom around this time and with its rides were having issues left and right. It seemed every day there were regular break downs for attractions that that just never happens for, not just the PeopleMover. Something was up over there. It was wild. Many of us like to believe it's because Chapek became CEO the park was retaliating...

UGH I'm having traumatic flashbacks. Sad to hear it didn't get any better after we left :sad2:

It was kind of crazy! We did pretty well as far as wait times go because we have a pretty good system, but I was kind of surprised by how many people were there in February.

NAILED IT! I can never find that darn camera :laughing:

I only find it about 50% of the time :rotfl:

:laughing: such wholesome, family-friendly content. Well done mom!

She was pretty proud of herself! :laughing:

I've had someone say the exact same thing to me before! We are true heroes of the people aren't we :rotfl:

Oh absolutely. :rotfl:

What a perfect viewing spot! This is such a nice picture :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more :goodvibes

Standing behind the grass and the fence is the only way to do it! Definitely our go to spots. :)

I miss Disney. Great read! Thanks for posting.

You and me both! Thanks for reading! :)

How exciting your mom finally got her joke chosen! So happy for her! And honestly it is such a winner. True comedienne.

Also, Magic Kingdom around this time and with its rides were having issues left and right. It seemed every day there were regular break downs for attractions that that just never happens for, not just the PeopleMover. Something was up over there. It was wild. Many of us like to believe it's because Chapek became CEO the park was retaliating...

She was beyond excited! It was such a great moment.

I did notice that while we were there! That was just the most we experienced it first hand. And I suppose that theory is not out of the realm of possibility for sure..

Sounds like a great afternoon and evening watching HEA!!!

It really was! Writing about it makes me so ready for the parks to be open again!

Day 2, Part 4

As soon as Happily Ever After ended, we made our way over to Fantasyland to use our 8:30pm FPs for 7DMT! This one is always super fun at night.

From there, we went over to Under the Sea, which was practically a walk-on. Then, we were off to Dumbo, which was also a walk-on. Dumbo is one of my favorite rides to do at night—seeing MK all lit up from the air is just the best!

As we walked out of Storybook Circus, a woman walked past us, and we heard her say “There’s one ride that’s fun” which had us all laughing. :laughing:

At this point, it was almost time for MK to close, so we made our way over to BTMRR to get in the standby line. I can’t remember what the posted time was, but I think we waited somewhere around 30-40 minutes. When we got to the CM to be assigned a row, we asked to sit in the very back, and he obliged! I always love BTMRR in the dark, but riding in the dark in the very back row was seriously the best.

When we got off the ride, the park was closed, and the Villains After Hours had started. Because the event had already started, they had us take a very specific route out of the park. They were also checking for wristbands at the doors of every shop along Main Street, which I thought was interesting.

Emyle got some great pictures on Main Street as we left!

It was around 10:48pm when we got to the bus stop, and thankfully it was pretty empty by that point. It was a little after 11 when we got back to the room, and we all took showers and crashed pretty quickly. We had another big day ahead of us tomorrow! :D

What a great way to end your night! It's funny I don't know if I've ever actually ridden Dumbo at night. I know I've done Astro Orbitor at night, one of the only times I did it, and that was pretty cool but not Dumbo. It really has such a lovely view of the park albeit not as great as when it was right in the center of Fantasyland.

Nothing compares to BTMRR last row at the end of the night. It becomes the best of the three mountains in the park with that. Even Splash can't compete.

That is interesting that even the shops were checking. I've never been to nor have I worked an After Hours event minus all the stuff we did for Media and cast and AP previews but they had quite the queue and check-in point you had to go through sooo I'm not sure why they are so strict. They aren't even that strict during MNSSHP or MVMCP I do believe.

Back seat of Big Thunder- what a way to end the night. I also love the views from Splash and have been fortunate enough to ride during Wishes so the castle illuminated by the fireworks was especially beautiful. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I can't think of a better way to celebrate turning 21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!