I'm Having a Me Party, A Party By Myself- solo Nov 2017 PTR *Updated 10/20*

Hi Ashley! I am all caught up! You plan sound wonderful even though they did change a bit. Glad you decided to rent a car and I would not mind being in an Audi for a week hehe. I'm so happy you get to spend some time with your DH for your anniversary even though he's only there for a short time. I'm trying to figure out when would be a good time to meet. I think they days we overlap are Nov 3, 4, 5,and half of 6th?
On the 3th we'll be in MK after the 5k, on the 4th we'll be in AK most of the day and then probably Epcot or Disney Springs. On the 5th we'll be in DHS and then back to Epcot for an evening Post Race party. On the 6th we'll be in Epcot up until after lunch time then we have to leave for the airport soon, boo. But hopefully we will work something out one of those days! Let me know what works best for you. I will PM you my contact info before I forget. I'm leaving this weekend on out cruise so I won't have any wifi!!

I
On top of that I was starting to feel very apprehensive about this trip. I booked this week, because this was the week of the conference, so I didn't do too much research about crowd levels or anything like that, because it's not like I could just switch weeks anyway. But I am starting to worry about the crowds:crowded:. See I hate crowds, and not it the everybody dislikes crowds of people kind of way. Seriously is there someone that actually likes crowded places? But my dislike of crowds is more of an all encompassing fear of crowds that causes sometimes crippling anxiety and panic attacks.

Yes I know what you mean. But I'm certain it'll be fine. I had a great trip in Feb which were packed beyond belief at the parks because of race day., but for some reason I was able to still do everything that I wanted, just have to be strategic about it I guess. You'll do fine! You're on vacation so just go with the flow....

While this can make enjoying WDW even in the lowest crowd times during things like nighttime shows difficult, WDW vacations have also helped me deal with some of my anxieties. However, my happy place can quickly turn into a nightmare for me and I am afraid that this trip I will experience this since the crowd levels are going to be much higher than I am used to dealing with. MK went from having 9 pm closing to closing at 11 and opening at 8 on certain mornings. Not to mention that I think having huge sections of the park inaccessible due to the taping, will cause other areas to feel more congested. Touring plans only has crowd levels set to 5 for most days I am there, but I am skeptical. Anyway, there's not much I can do about the crowds, but try to make the best of it, but just thinking about the crowds is stressing me out.

Thanks for reminding me to check the times. I know they have been extended and I still have to check them out! I hope it's a good thing...

Monday, 11/6

Sadly, I think I will have to scrap my four parks one day plan. MK has the taping this day, which if last year is any indication, means that the FoF parade will be pushed back. I have FPs over at AK, so FoF is out. Instead I will start my morning at MK and just do a couple of rides, before I head to Epcot for some food and wine munchies. I will most likely take a break this day. My other fear was that I pushing my self from morning until night every day and giving myself almost no downtime, so I think adding a break in here is smart.

grrr now the dreaded park taping days....I think the only one that affects me is our day at AK, think it is Nov 4th. As long as I get to ride FoP, I am ok.
Well if on the 6th you were coming to Epcot....we can definitely meet up before we have to leave!

Not to mention that I think having huge sections of the park inaccessible due to the taping, will cause other areas to feel more congested. Touring plans only has crowd levels set to 5 for most days I am there, but I am skeptical. Anyway, there's not much I can do about the crowds, but try to make the best of it, but just thinking about the crowds is stressing me out.

Yeah, crowds may be a concern, especially with your anxiety, but hopefully it won't be too bad! Touring plans I think is probably more accurate than a lot of the other crowd predictors. If it's any consolation (and this may not be true, it's just what I've heard...)...I've heard that during taping, Main Street and the areas for taping are very crowded and busy, but that the rest of the park is often pretty easy to navigate without super high crowds because everyone is there for the taping.

My other fear was that I pushing my self from morning until night every day and giving myself almost no downtime, so I think adding a break in here is smart.

I don't want this to be me :rotfl2:
200.webp

Bahaha :rotfl2: Good call. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy more Disney the whole trip long!

I had no plans to go to DS this trip, so I am happy to be forced there, so I can get my holiday turkey sandwich and Earl of Sandwich.

earl-of-sandwich-menu-holiday-turkey.jpg

Yum!!!

The training ends at 4:45 and then we have our dinner reception from 5:15-7:15. Since this ends sooner than I anticipated, I will have plenty of time to make it over to Epcot for at least one ride and my FP for Illuminations.

This is a nice consolation! I'm sad for you that you had to cancel Kona, but it's nice that you'll have lots of time in the evening this day!

I'm sorry you had to make some changes to your schedule and cancel Kona :( But it still sounds like it will be a good trip!
It will still be good, I'm still looking forward to it, just apprehensively

I just watched Avatar for the first time too and really liked it!
Yeah, it's gets a lot of hate from Disney fans, so I had low expectations, but I thought it was a solid movie.

Hi Ashley! I am all caught up! You plan sound wonderful even though they did change a bit. Glad you decided to rent a car and I would not mind being in an Audi for a week hehe. I'm so happy you get to spend some time with your DH for your anniversary even though he's only there for a short time. I'm trying to figure out when would be a good time to meet. I think they days we overlap are Nov 3, 4, 5,and half of 6th?
On the 3th we'll be in MK after the 5k, on the 4th we'll be in AK most of the day and then probably Epcot or Disney Springs. On the 5th we'll be in DHS and then back to Epcot for an evening Post Race party. On the 6th we'll be in Epcot up until after lunch time then we have to leave for the airport soon, boo. But hopefully we will work something out one of those days! Let me know what works best for you. I will PM you my contact info before I forget. I'm leaving this weekend on out cruise so I won't have any wifi!!
Yay for your cruise:goodvibes Hope you have an amazing time. Can't wait to meet up Sunday or Monday work best, hopefully we can find a time that works.

Yes I know what you mean. But I'm certain it'll be fine. I had a great trip in Feb which were packed beyond belief at the parks because of race day., but for some reason I was able to still do everything that I wanted, just have to be strategic about it I guess. You'll do fine! You're on vacation so just go with the flow....
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
static%2Fimg%2Fmemes%2Ffull%2F2014%2FMay%2F27%2F12%2Fone-does-not-simply-go-with-the-flow.jpg

Thanks for reminding me to check the times. I know they have been extended and I still have to check them out! I hope it's a good thing...
Well hours were extended for MK mostly.

grrr now the dreaded park taping days....I think the only one that affects me is our day at AK, think it is Nov 4th. As long as I get to ride FoP, I am ok.
Well if on the 6th you were coming to Epcot....we can definitely meet up before we have to leave!
Yeah, as long as they keep the taping to the tree I think it will be fine. However if they mess up Pandora with rigs and cameras everywhere and this is my first time seeing it I will be sad. Epcot on Monday is probably easiest because I'll be alone and can do whatever, but we also have identical plans for Sunday morning.

Yeah, crowds may be a concern, especially with your anxiety, but hopefully it won't be too bad! Touring plans I think is probably more accurate than a lot of the other crowd predictors. If it's any consolation (and this may not be true, it's just what I've heard...)...I've heard that during taping, Main Street and the areas for taping are very crowded and busy, but that the rest of the park is often pretty easy to navigate without super high crowds because everyone is there for the taping.
That gives me hope about the crowds. I love TP, but I will never forget the day we went to AK and it was supposed to be a 3 but in reality was an 8 o_O. Everybody makes mistakes, so you just never know.

Bahaha :rotfl2: Good call. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy more Disney the whole trip long!
Stupid body's got to sleep, otherwise I'd be like the energizer bunny on vacation.

Can't wait for this sandwich

This is a nice consolation! I'm sad for you that you had to cancel Kona, but it's nice that you'll have lots of time in the evening this day!
Yeah, I am happy to have the park time, but I'll mourn my Kona meal that could have been :sad1:

Let's just say that I am really not happy with the AEP schedule. After hearing about last years tours...and then this what we get I almost feel like this trip is going to be a waste. Although I am so excited to connect with you and other agents....that will be the best part.

I need to check park hours again....

I have been working on my changes too...but I finally just decided to go with what I have for Sunday & Monday. Sunday is fine because I plan to be in Epcot all day. As for Monday, I have my Hakuna Matata Day...I still think I am going to rush to AK for my Everest Challenge...I have MK scheduled early evening so I think I will be fine since most tapings should be done in the morning or early afternoon.

Why are we starting so late on Tuesday? Ugh. Our ADR is at 7:50...I bet we could show up earlier and get in...want to try? Also, can I join you for ToT Challenge? I was trying to figure out what to do that hour or so, too!

Last edited:

Let's just say that I am really not happy with the AEP schedule. After hearing about last years tours...and then this what we get I almost feel like this trip is going to be a waste. Although I am so excited to connect with you and other agents....that will be the best part.
Oh my gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one. I signed up with the knowledge that last year they got to do a VIP tour and have the Illuminations dessert party and we get a boxed lunch and tours of off sight hotel:confused: I am happy to meet other agents, I always love to meet other Disney friends, but I dunno I am let down to say the least.

I need to check park hours again....
They just updated last week I think.

I have been working on my changes too...but I finally just decided to go with what I have for Sunday & Monday. Sunday is fine because I plan to be in Epcot all day. As for Monday, I have my Hakuna Matata Day...I still think I am going to rush to AK for my Everest Challenge...I have MK scheduled early evening so I think I will be fine since most tapings should be done in the morning or early afternoon.
Yeah I think you will be fine with what you have.

Why are we starting so late on Tuesday? Ugh. Our ADR is at 7:50...I bet we could show up earlier and get in...want to try? Also, can I join you for ToT Challenge? I was trying to figure out what to do that hour or so, too!
I know, I assumed 9 would be the start which would have made our breakfast perfectly timed. I don't mind getting there early and trying to check in. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem, it's not like there is much of a seating before then. I would love for you to join me over at DHS, I was going to invite you anyway. I am torn about what to do with my car. I was planning on driving to Boardwalk and then moving my car later, but now that seems like such a pain. Do you think I would be the worst person ever if I left my car at Boardwalk until after the AEP was done for the day?? Also, if I do end up driving that morning I can pick you up so you don't have to figure out transportation. Let me know. It's getting so close :goodvibes

Day 6 Plans

This is my last full day at Disney. Epcot has EMH so I will head there first thing. I plan to ride Soarin and Test Track first thing and then just whatever else I still want to do or redo at Epcot. I have a FP for Frozen, this will probably be the only time I ride it this trip. Of course I will have my lunch eating at the F&W food booths one last time.

giphy.gif

I will be taking a midday break this day since I will be out so late at night. Plus this is really the only time I have to get packed up for home. Around 4 I will head to MK for my first ever MVMCP!!

giphy.gif

Details are a little unclear with how they are going to handle the party this year, and this being the first party means I’ll be one of the guinea pigs. The park closes to day guests at 6 instead of 7. Various reports from CMs claim that party goers won’t be able to enter until 7 or that the park will be completely cleared at 6 and then reopen at 7. I don’t really believe they will do either of those things, because it seems like such a pain. I know Universal does something similar for HHN, but can you imagine the craziness of trying to get in line for 7D or Sandy Claws if they don’t let anyone in until 7? Anyways, I am not that worried about it, just curious to see what they do. My main goals for the night are to see the fireworks and parade. While I would love to meet 7D or Sandy Claws I am not going to stand in line for hours to meet them, so it’s probably going to be a pass. I really just want to soak up all that Christmas goodness while I can.

200.webp

I don’t know when I’ll ever be back at WDW during the holiday season, so I am going to take full advantage. I Plan on staying all the way up until the clock strikes midnight, which given how early I plan to wake up the next day is probably not the best idea.

2 weeks to go party:

Day 6 sounds great! I cannot imagine they will wait until 7pm to let party guests in, that sounds like chaos! I am curious to hear how it all turns out!

Around 4 I will head to MK for my first ever MVMCP!!

giphy.gif

YAY! Great way to end the trip!

Various reports from CMs claim that party goers won’t be able to enter until 7 or that the park will be completely cleared at 6 and then reopen at 7. I don’t really believe they will do either of those things, because it seems like such a pain. I know Universal does something similar for HHN, but can you imagine the craziness of trying to get in line for 7D or Sandy Claws if they don’t let anyone in until 7?

I'm with you on this one. I mean, it could happen...but I don't see it happening.

I Plan on staying all the way up until the clock strikes midnight, which given how early I plan to wake up the next day is probably not the best idea.

Gotta make every moment count on those paid ticketed events!! We were so exhausted by the end of the night at last year's MVMCP, and I went from not having a cold when we sat down to claim our parade spot, to having the most terrible raging cold by the time the parade was over. It was a mess. But SO worth it to enjoy the Christmas festivities! I hope you have a fabulous time :)

Day 6 sounds great! I cannot imagine they will wait until 7pm to let party guests in, that sounds like chaos! I am curious to hear how it all turns out!
Hopefully it's won't go that way, it would suck. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

YAY! Great way to end the trip!
I know, it's the thing I am most excited about.

I'm with you on this one. I mean, it could happen...but I don't see it happening.
I hope so, that would be such a pain.

Gotta make every moment count on those paid ticketed events!! We were so exhausted by the end of the night at last year's MVMCP, and I went from not having a cold when we sat down to claim our parade spot, to having the most terrible raging cold by the time the parade was over. It was a mess. But SO worth it to enjoy the Christmas festivities! I hope you have a fabulous time :)
Oh no, that's a bummer. Hopefully that won't happen to me, but I do plan to go all out for this party.

Just caught up on your changes in plans. If it helps any with the Boardwalk morning, we did Bon Voyage on our last day (we enjoyed it!) and parked at the Boardwalk for free all day by using the Valet Parking that comes with Tables in Wonderland. I'm not sure if you or your dining companion have TiW, but they just need to see the receipt showing that you used it for a meal. That was really helpful, as we were trying to figure out logistics of moving a car too until we found we could do that. Have a great trip!

Just caught up on your changes in plans. If it helps any with the Boardwalk morning, we did Bon Voyage on our last day (we enjoyed it!) and parked at the Boardwalk for free all day by using the Valet Parking that comes with Tables in Wonderland. I'm not sure if you or your dining companion have TiW, but they just need to see the receipt showing that you used it for a meal. That was really helpful, as we were trying to figure out logistics of moving a car too until we found we could do that. Have a great trip!

We won't have TiW unfortunately, although I may consider it. Right now the AP discounts are so good though, I don't see the point. I wonder if convention people are even allowed to park at the Boardwalk normally? I would assume so, and then I don't really think I would be breaking the rules since my conference is there :confused3

I going to Disney World THIS WEEK!

200.webp

The last week has been super stressful and busy, so I can't wait to be on vacation. As the trip gets closer, I am starting to get nervous about leaving the boys. I am stressing out about the specifics of what is going on while I'm gone. My mom and dad are watching the boys over the weekend while Joe is with me, which is fine. I trust my mom to handle everything. It during the week that is stressing me out. My dad is going to work from home next week so he can take the older boys to school, watch my youngest in the morning, drop him off for preschool, and then pick everyone up after school. It seemed so simple when this was months away, but now I don't know. After work, Joe will take over child care responsibilities. Neither one has ever been the primary caregiver before and of course I worry they'll forget to do things I just know instinctively to take care. I am not sure how much I will be able to let it go, during the trip.

200.webp

I am going to type of specific info for each day, but I doubt they'll use it :headache:. I'm sure it will all work out, and I am worrying for nothing but I can't help it, you know?

Other than that, I am so ready for this trip. I did most of my packing yesterday, so I don't have to worry about this week and I basically just need it to be Friday already.

200.webp

Oh Ashley I remember those days stressing about dad taking care of everything. I used to leave detailed lists for every day and a frig full of prepared food. Trust me, he will do just fine and it is good for him to step up to the plate once in awhile (also makes him appreciate you so much more).

Gone are the days that I leave food prepared for while I am gone. First of all the kids can all fend for themselves if they have too...and after coming home from far to many trips to a frig STILL filled with food I don't waste my time. I did however think just last night I really should go and restock the freezer and pantry so he has options...then I thought better of it, Mr. Grumpy knows how to shop!

You're right...let it go! It will be okay!

I have been packing here and there for a couple of weeks and last night I realized how much I had not done and now I feel stressed and scrambling...breathe!

Dad and Grandpa will have it covered! I'm sure it's hard not to worry though. But I hope you can manage to have a great trip anyway!

Oh Ashley I remember those days stressing about dad taking care of everything. I used to leave detailed lists for every day and a frig full of prepared food. Trust me, he will do just fine and it is good for him to step up to the plate once in awhile (also makes him appreciate you so much more).
This better happen :rotfl2:

Gone are the days that I leave food prepared for while I am gone. First of all the kids can all fend for themselves if they have too...and after coming home from far to many trips to a frig STILL filled with food I don't waste my time. I did however think just last night I really should go and restock the freezer and pantry so he has options...then I thought better of it, Mr. Grumpy knows how to shop!
The problem is my DH has very little time I am worried he might be stretched thin. He works 45-50 hours a week, plus hour commute each way, plus he's in school full time :scared1: I am honestly concerned for him. My dad will be like your DH and just do his own thing though.

You're right...let it go! It will be okay!
Hopefully once I get there I'll be having too much fun to worry...right?

I have been packing here and there for a couple of weeks and last night I realized how much I had not done and now I feel stressed and scrambling...breathe!
You can do it :cool1: I always pack the weekend before and my family always makes fun of me, but it works and I stress less, which is already a hard thing for me to do.

Dad and Grandpa will have it covered! I'm sure it's hard not to worry though. But I hope you can manage to have a great trip anyway!
It is I always worry when I am away, but this is all new for me and them, so we'll see.

So I can't believe I didn't find this PTR until today, only a few days before you leave! I blame it on reading the dis on my phone, which doesn't show signatures!

Have fun!

So I can't believe I didn't find this PTR until today, only a few days before you leave! I blame it on reading the dis on my phone, which doesn't show signatures!

Have fun!
haha, no worries, I read on my phone a lot too. I hate not seeing signatures. Thank you, hopefully it will be a good trip.

Well Disfriends, it's about that time. We leave tomorrow for our trip. I am getting so excited to see the holiday stuff, it's surreal. Thanks so much for following along with my plans and I'll "see" y'all when I get back. :wave2: If you want to follow along on my adventures, I will be posting on Instagram during my trip.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!