I'm Having a Me Party, A Party By Myself- solo Nov 2017 PTR *Updated 10/20*

Following! I love your Disney bucket list and there are definitely a few things on there I would love to do, like visiting all 4 parks in 1 day and F&W, since I just never get to go during that time of year
This will be my first time during F&W, I can't wait. I like making a bucket list because it pushes me to not keeping doing the same thing every trip.

Let’s talk food

This trip is so different for me, because planning ADRs, is one of my favorite parts of trip planning. This trip is not going to have much of that, instead focus heavily on quick service and of course the food and wine booths:cool1:.

On arrival day, we get in super late so no eating plans that day.

Saturday is mine and Joe’s only full day in the parks. We currently have a lunch ADR for Sanaa. We had this back in January and spoiler for those reading this and my TR, we loved it. I can’t wait to enjoy the bread service again. In the craziness of the two days Joe is there, it will be nice to sit down and relax.

AKL_sanaa_breadservice1_glover.jpg

For dinner we will be at MK, and will most likely go to Peco’s Bills, as it’s our favorite MK quick service.

dtnemail-Pecos-6c2f2.jpg

Sunday morning we hope to get some Mickey waffles at the World Premier food court, because is it even a Disney vacation with them?

th

Joe and I will be in Epcot for lunch to enjoy the food and wine booths, which I will cover later on in this post.

th

For dinner, right now we have no set plans. We would like to try and get a reservation at Ohana, so we’ll see.

th

Monday is day I plan to do four parks in one day. For Lunch I am hitting up the food booths again, need as many chances to try as much as I can:thumbsup2.

For dinner I am thinking about trying to have dinner at the Brown Derby Lounge. I really want to try that cobb salad.

cobb-salad.jpg

Tuesday is the first day of the conference, so I have no idea how the food will get sorted this day. I do however know I will be eating breakfast at Trattoria el Forno with @momabaarjo. She has generously invited me to have breakfast with her and I could not be more thrilled. We are going to the same conference at the Boardwalk and it will be nice to know someone going in. I love making new Disney friends:goodvibes. I just can’t wait for this breakfast. When they announced it, I pretty much knew it probably wouldn’t be something for my family. My boys like meeting princesses, but I think it is something they’re likely to grow out of pretty soon here, at least my oldest will. But these are literally my two favorite princesses, so I am thrilled to be able to do this. Food doesn’t look half bad either, and all things considered I don’t think it has too crazy of a price tag either.

DSC06366.jpg

I am hoping after the conference stuff I will have time to head back to AK for dinner and RoL. I would like to try the new Satu'li Canteen in Pandora. I think it has an interesting menu and the order ahead concept in nice as well.

Satuli-Canteen-Animal-Kingdom-9-621x413.jpg

This next day will also be a conference day. Lunch will be served this day. Also that night we will have a private celebration at Atlantic Dance Hall, which I assume will serve dinner. I am quite intrigued by this one, TBH.

ADHnew.jpg

Thursday day is going to be another food and wine lunch. In the evening I will be at the Christmas party, I am thinking I will eat at Pinocchio Village Haus. It is the only main quick service place I have yet to try, so I will be able to check this one off my list. Hopefully, I can get a seat with a view.

watermark.php

Departure day I will still be there for a good part of the day, so I am thinking Sleepy Hollow for breakfast.

th

Casey’s for lunch. I haven’t been there in a while, and I hear cheese sauce is back on the menu.

Caseys-Corner.jpg

Now let’s dive into some Food and Wine Menus. I have something picked out from a majority of the booths. I am not sure how much I will be able to get through, but hopefully now that I have three chances to get there and one of the times I will spilt things, I am hopefully I can get through most of it.

Active Eats

Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions

2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Farm-Fresh-Loaded-mac-nG%C3%87%C3%96-cheese-with-NueskeG%C3%87%C3%96s-pepper-bacon-cheddar-cheese-peppers-and-green-onions-467x600.jpg

The Almond Orchard

Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Crunchy Chocolate Oats

The-Almond-Orchard_Banana-Almond-Soft-Serve-Sundae_2017-Tables-in-Wonderland-Food-and-Wine-Preview_17-01-450x600.jpg

Australia

Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut

2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Australia-Lambington-Yellow-Cake-Dipped-in-Chocolate-and-Shredded-Coconut-1-700x439.jpg

Belgium

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes

2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Belgium-Beer-braised-Beef-served-with-Smoked-Gouda-Mashed-Potatoes-507x600.jpg

Chocolate Studio

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Chew-Lab-Liquid-Nitro-Chocolate-Almond-Truffle-with-Warm-Whiskey-Caramel-609x600.jpg

Craft Beers

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich

Earth Eats

Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle

Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-2016-The-Chew-Collective-Peanut-Butter-and-White-Chocolate-Mousse-with-a-Caramel-Drizzle-1-405x600.jpg

Farm Fresh

Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy

Germany

Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese

Schinken-Nudel-Pasta-Gratin-with-Ham-and-Cheese1-468x625.jpg

Greece

Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki

2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Greece-Loaded-Greek-Nachos-Pita-Chips-Meatless-Sausage-Crumbles-and-Vegan-Tzatziki-700x525.jpg

Hawai’i

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise

Kalua-Pork-Slider-with-Sweet-and-Sour-Dole-Pineapple-Chutney-and-Spicy-Mayonnaise-600x450.jpg

Ireland

Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread

Ireland_Warm-Irish-Cheese-and-Stout-Dip_2017-Tables-in-Wonderland-Food-and-Wine-Preview_17-01-450x600.jpg

Scotland

Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew with Neeps and Tatties

Traditional-Scottish-Lamb-Stew-with-Neeps-and-Tatties_Scotland-700x497.jpg

Even with skipping booths I feel like have food I can easily get at home and booths with nothing I like on the menu, I am still left with 13 booths:confused3. Hopefully, I have succeeded making you all hungry. I know I am, and I am dieting from now until the trip :sad:. Only 86 days until I can

image.png

Man your food and wine pictures make me want to make a trip in the Fall! Hope you're able to hit them all!

I love how you think about food...I was trying to figure out how to get to Sanaa for the bread service and the butter chicken (since it is not on at F&W this year). Sadly, I dont think that is going to happen!

I am so excited that you are going to join be at Bon Voyage...I felt weird going alone to a character meal (don't have any problems with other reservations). It will be so much fun!

LOL...I went over all the booths this past weekend and am going to do a countdown on my PTR using each both, so stay tuned for my selections!

For dinner I am thinking about trying to have dinner at the Brown Derby Lounge. I really want to try that cobb salad.

I love the cobb salad! You can't go wrong with that.

Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions

I can't wait to try this too.

Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes

This was my favorite thing last year!

Man your food and wine pictures make me want to make a trip in the Fall! Hope you're able to hit them all!
Me too, I am so excited to experience it all. [/QUOTE]

I love how you think about food...I was trying to figure out how to get to Sanaa for the bread service and the butter chicken (since it is not on at F&W this year). Sadly, I dont think that is going to happen!
They've had that previous years? Sad they don't this year, hopefully you can sneak over to grab some maybe room will open in your schedule once we finally know what's going on those two days.

I am so excited that you are going to join be at Bon Voyage...I felt weird going alone to a character meal (don't have any problems with other reservations). It will be so much fun!
I think so too, thanks again for inviting me I can't wait.

LOL...I went over all the booths this past weekend and am going to do a countdown on my PTR using each both, so stay tuned for my selections!
Yes, I am excited to see what you've got planned.

I love the cobb salad! You can't go wrong with that.
Good to know, I am excited to hopefully give it a try.

I can't wait to try this too.
I sounds so yummy, I can't wait.

This was my favorite thing last year!
I'm glad to hear that, I think it's the one I am looking forward to the most.

Your food plans sound great! Hope you're able to get a Ohana reservation like you want!
Thanks, fingers crossed.

Awesome that your DH is joining you for the weekend! You've had a lot going on, so that will be so nice to have the time together at WDW.

Mmmm, you definitely are making me hungry with the F&W pics. We are going to F&W this year and I really haven't poured over the menus the way I used to. Maybe sometime between now and October I'll get around to that. :rotfl: Looks like you made some great selections, though!

Awesome that your DH is joining you for the weekend! You've had a lot going on, so that will be so nice to have the time together at WDW.

Mmmm, you definitely are making me hungry with the F&W pics. We are going to F&W this year and I really haven't poured over the menus the way I used to. Maybe sometime between now and October I'll get around to that. :rotfl: Looks like you made some great selections, though!

Hopefully you get the chance, the menus look so good this year.

FP+ Reservations

Well there has not been much going on in the planning department and my FP day snuck up on me. I was woefully unprepared to make them this morning due to the lack of solid plans I have three out of the four days. Ever the diligent DISer I got up at 6am only to be frustrated, but I am just going to have to make due with what I got:thumbsup2. Here's my current FP line up.

Day 1-AK in the morning/MK at night

Obviously I was looking for a FoP FP+ but this being only 61 days out, I knew it was unlikely I would get one and that assumption was correct. I went with Navi River Journey and will keep trying for the FoP in the meantime. I also got FPs for Expedition Everest and DINOSAUR.

kilimanjaro-safaris-00.jpg
dinosaur-00.jpg
pandora-navi-river-journey-full-boat-16x9.jpg

Day 2- HS AM/Epcot afternoon

We will start with morning at HS, but won't waste a FP there and instead use them when we hop to Epcop around 11. Even though TT has single rider and Soarin would be a better use of FP, Joe doesn't really care about riding it and since we only have the two days together and I would prefer to ride together on TT anyway. So we have FPs for TT, Mission Space (going for the new green side), and Spaceship Earth.

test-track-presented-by-chevrolet-00.jpg
mission-space-00.jpg
spaceship-earth-00.jpg

Day 3: 4 Parks in One Day

I planned this whole day around being able to see RoL that night with a FP. Unfortunately, the only FoP FPs were during the times I would need a FP for RoL. Having to choose I went with FoP and hopefully I can try a get a seat without a FP. I also got FPs for the Safari to try and catch a sunset safari and EE which I doubt I will need but I am excited to get to ride this one at night finally.

kilimanjaro-safaris-00.jpg
expedition-everest-day-00.jpg
pandora-flight-of-passage-stills-wide-16x9.jpg

Day 4: Conference all day/ maybe HS??

This is the first day of the conference and all I know so far is that I have to be there all day. I have no idea on times or anything we'll be doing. I went ahead and planned fastpasses at night just in case and I will cancel them if needed. I got Star Tours, TSMM, and Tower of Terror.

star-tours-00.jpg
toy-story-mania-00.jpg
twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-00.jpg

Day 5: Conference Day 2/ Epcot?

This is another full conference day. We do know that there is a dinner this night at the Boardwalk at 6, so I don't plan on being able to go to the park at all this day. Just in case though I booked a FP for Illuminations, LwtL, and SE.

living-with-the-land-00.jpg
spaceship-earth-00.jpg
illuminations-reflections-of-earth-00.jpg

Day 6: Epcot/MVMCP

I briefly considered setting up a second MDE account to try and double my fastpasses this day due to the party ticket, but once I heard about the crackdown on FP I decided against it. I really isn't worth all the trouble anyway and I'll be fine with just FPs at Epcot this day. Because of EMH I plan on being able to RD Soarin and single rider line TT, so I went with FEA for my tier one FP and then Nemo and SE once again. I really despise making FPs at Epcot because the two tier FPs always seem like such a waste of a FP:confused3.

seas-with-nemo-and-friends-00.jpg
frozen-ever-after-00.jpg
spaceship-earth-00.jpg

Day 7: MK

This is my departure day, but I plan on going to MK this morning until I have to leave. This was my only chance to make FPs at MK, so I went with Peter Pan's Flight, SDMT, and Big Thunder Mountain. All my other MK priorities I should be able to knock out during the week.

peter-pan-flight-00.jpg
7-dwarfs-mine-train-00.jpg
big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00.jpg

Having fun reading along so far! I went solo for the first time in May and it was great. I will say, I was disappointed to not do more TS meals (I did Tiffins ROL pkg and Boma breakfast, plus a last minute BOG lunch). I had planned to just do QS and the Flower and Garden booths, and that got old fast. And once at F&G, I didn't end up eating very many things at all. The good thing about being solo is being able to find last minute dining and....last minute fast passes!! I had so much luck with passes on my own. Just refresh, refresh, refresh when looking for day of FPs, you might have great luck too!!

MVMCP on your own will be great, especially if you have characters you want to meet. We went as a family last December, and loved it, but didn't get to do a lot of character meets during the party(or any really, outside of a fun moment with the country bears) because I felt guilty about "wasting time", and everyone else wanted to do other things. The best part of a solo trip is not worrying about what anyone else wants to do!!

Looking forward to following along and hearing about your plans!!

Great FP choices! I so understand the sneaking up on you thing...it happened to me this time around too. I wish we knew more about the conference times/events...we are planners by nature (and trade) and having little information and needing to make FP is not a good combination.

Im back! I feel you about not being prepared for FP day! I have only just started making plans for our January trip, and I had to go back and change/cancel/re-book a bunch of ADRs, since I'd just made a few in haste at 180 days, and there were ADRs we decided we wanted that we haven't been able to get yet. Sorry to hear you didn't get exactly what you'd hoped for for FP, but most of what you did manage to get looks great!

I briefly considered setting up a second MDE account to try and double my fastpasses this day due to the party ticket, but once I heard about the crackdown on FP I decided against it. I really isn't worth all the trouble anyway and I'll be fine with just FPs at Epcot this day.

I heard about this! Probably a good call there.

I really despise making FPs at Epcot because the two tier FPs always seem like such a waste of a FP:confused3.

Agreed!!

Sounds pretty good! I love the little photos of what rides you picked!
Thanks, I just copy and pasted the little images they have on the FP picking page on MDE.

Having fun reading along so far! I went solo for the first time in May and it was great. I will say, I was disappointed to not do more TS meals (I did Tiffins ROL pkg and Boma breakfast, plus a last minute BOG lunch). I had planned to just do QS and the Flower and Garden booths, and that got old fast. And once at F&G, I didn't end up eating very many things at all. The good thing about being solo is being able to find last minute dining and....last minute fast passes!! I had so much luck with passes on my own. Just refresh, refresh, refresh when looking for day of FPs, you might have great luck too!!

MVMCP on your own will be great, especially if you have characters you want to meet. We went as a family last December, and loved it, but didn't get to do a lot of character meets during the party(or any really, outside of a fun moment with the country bears) because I felt guilty about "wasting time", and everyone else wanted to do other things. The best part of a solo trip is not worrying about what anyone else wants to do!!

Looking forward to following along and hearing about your plans!!
Thanks, I am glad I am getting to do a few TS, because you can only have Disney chicken nuggets so many times. I am so ecstatic about the Xmas party, I can't even express it. I just want to hang otu on Main Street all night and enjoy the decorations and SNOW!

Your FP choices sound great!
Thanks

Great FP choices! I so understand the sneaking up on you thing...it happened to me this time around too. I wish we knew more about the conference times/events...we are planners by nature (and trade) and having little information and needing to make FP is not a good combination.
I know it is seriously so frustrating. I get that they are still working out the details, but even just times would be nice.

Im back! I feel you about not being prepared for FP day! I have only just started making plans for our January trip, and I had to go back and change/cancel/re-book a bunch of ADRs, since I'd just made a few in haste at 180 days, and there were ADRs we decided we wanted that we haven't been able to get yet. Sorry to hear you didn't get exactly what you'd hoped for for FP, but most of what you did manage to get looks great!
Eesh, I hope it all works out for you, I have definitely been there before.

I heard about this! Probably a good call there.
Yeah it's just not worth the hassle, it's a nice luxury of going so much. I don't feel the need to scam, because if I don't get on something, there's always next time.

Guys, I have something to admit to you. I have a problem when it comes to Disney clothes :rotfl2:. I always tell myself, "Myself, you do not need more Disney apparel!" And then I always buy more:sad2:. Not that there's anything really wrong with it, but I don't wear these clothes out and and about in normal life. So basically I have a pile of clothes and accessories that only get worn when I go to Disney World :blush:. I probably have enough to last a two week vacation without ever re-wearing anything and yet I still find myself buying more, it's a sickness I tell you:sick:. I have somewhat limited myself because two of the days I will be wearing business casual. But here of some of the new goodies I will be donning on this upcoming trip.

For the portion with Joe, I wanted to do matching shirts. Yes we are that couple/family I am not ashamed. This being our anniversary celebration weekend, I thought, what the heck, let's do all matching. For Saturday when we do AK and MK, I bought...

il_570xN.1223989893_h4hn.jpg

Obviously just the Carl and Ellie one. UP is my absolute favorite Pixar movie and Ellie and Carl are the ultimate relationship goals in my mind, so I wanted to represent that. I also got matching buttons to go with it.

upload_2017-9-9_15-15-35.png
And I didn't buy these recently, but I will of course be complimenting this ensemble with my UP ears.

upload_2017-9-9_15-17-47.jpeg
For Sunday we will be doing F&W and I though these shirts were just too perfect for that.

We finish each other Sandwiches :lovestruc
upload_2017-9-9_15-20-48.jpeg
And a Disney outfit is not complete with out some ears, so I got these...

upload_2017-9-9_15-22-6.jpeg
For my four parks, one day I got this little beauty

upload_2017-9-9_15-23-28.jpeg
The accessory for this day is this cute little bow.

sorcerer-mouse.jpg

Finally, I had to purchase a backpack because Joe usually does the heavy lifting and I carry my Vera Bradley hipster in the parks. That will not be big enough however and I don't like the one Joe carries so I found a good deal on a backpack during the back to school sales.

52014909_Alt02

And since I had the bag, I needed the pin to go with it. Plus it has one of my favorite lines from Force Awakens.

upload_2017-9-9_15-29-42.png
I also plan on buying a Christmas shirt, but since it's only September I will have to wait a little longer to actually purchase one.

There's all my pre-trip purchase, hopefully:blush:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter