• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm in ADR trouble!! (just a quick stress relieving vent!)

brooklyn615

Mouseketeer
We are using the dining package and I tried to make my adrs...not much luck.. :sad1: The only one I was able to snag was Crystal Palace. I was trying to get a chef mickey or ahana breakfast but there are none available the entire week that we are there! The only other thing that we wanted to do was the Fantasmic dinner/show and there are none available for our time there. We are going April 27- May4...I was hoping it wouldn't be too busy...:sad1:
I'm sure we'll still have a good time but I was hoping to take more of an advantage of the dining plan.

Thanks for listening. :)

We are using the dining package and I tried to make my adrs...not much luck.. :sad1: The only one I was able to snag was Crystal Palace. I was trying to get a chef mickey or ahana breakfast but there are none available the entire week that we are there! The only other thing that we wanted to do was the Fantasmic dinner/show and there are none available for our time there. We are going April 27- May4...I was hoping it wouldn't be too busy...:sad1:
I'm sure we'll still have a good time but I was hoping to take more of an advantage of the dining plan.

You can check allears.net to look at the Disney restaurant menus, and decide which places appeal to you. It looks like your trip is far enough away that you still have the option of canceling the dining plan if you want to, and just pay OOP. You could also keep trying for your desired restaurants, in case someone cancels...they are very popular places though.

What size is your party? I just did a quick check on-line and found a 7:40 a for 4/28 for 4. You can check a 5 day date range on-line. I only checked a couple of times,but, they listed several good alternates too. Good luck and just keep trying, people cancel alll the time ;)

It is not an accurate view of how busy it's going to be. You're starting to get close to the trip, so some of the more popular places are going to be full. The ones you listed fall into that popular category.

As pp suggested, check out allears. See if there's anything on the menus that intrigue you and try to see if you can get into a meal there.

Don't give up. You still have time!

Unless things have changed, the Fantasmic dinner packages are really early in the evening. I think we ate dinner at 4pm when we did it.

keep trying or call.

I am going the same time as you and I just booked and then canceled a reservation at Chef Mickeys for 7:30am on April 30

I also suggest that you keep on trying to find something.....it also gives you other suggestions on your dates...

Last September, we decided to go for a visit and we were in the last week of the free dining to get ...We called and made our room reservations and the cm was so good and looked for a lot of places that were open. We tried a few that we had never been to before. Tutto Italia was our favorite. The steak there was melt in your mouth delicious....We also tried Tusker house Dinner and was not happy but only because it was not to our tastes...
Just keep looking and I know you will have some good reservations.

Keep trying. It seems to me that some restaurants open more tables as the date draws nearer. Around a month ago, I couldn't find anything for Easter morning at Boma. Suddenly, one day, there were multiple openings for almost any time. I don't know if others have suspected that this happens, or even confirmed it, but I bet you get lucky!

Don't worry, people are always cancelling and really you could go down and just do walk ups, we have done that before too. We got into chef mickey's the day we wanted to go, we just called a few times and got in. Also when it comes to the fantasmic dining package, we had done it almost all the time, then we didn't do it the past 2 times and have gotten better seats at fantasmic, and gone to dinner when we wanted and then just gone to fantasmic after. Really don't worry keep trying i bet you will get seats somewhere

Thanks everyone! I did keep playing with the reservations site and an Ohana breakfast did finally come up...so I feel better. I'll keep checking for fantasmic but I'm glad to hear that we can just walk in also. The person I talked to at the reservation center in the phone said that we don't have to get the package but we could stand in line 90- minutes and still possibly not get in! Thanks again!!

I'm sure there are ADRs available during the time period but you are looking at some of the most popular places. If you are buying the Dining Plan you better make ADRs for SOMETHING or you may find yourself with TS credits that you have paid for and are unable to use.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We decided to go on our first Disney vacation last Fall about 3 weeks prior. I checked for cancellations daily and was able to get a couple of popular ones (Akershus, Crystal Palace). But the places we actually enjoyed the most were the ones that are often overlookedand just not as popular. We really, really liked The Wave, Marrakesh, and Kouzzina. It was easy to make those ressies and the food was really good. So my recommendation is to look for "overlooked" restaurants and read their menus on allears. Don't fret, the food at many unpopular places is quite good.

we just got May 1 mama melrose fantasmic package the other day
and DH ccalled back today to see if we could change it and was told the same time we already had was still avalible
that was 3.20

I will be at WDW in May and as far as Fantasmic goes, even at 160 days out I was only able to get Hollywood And Vine and even then, the only time slot available was 4.55.

It seems that the Fantsmic packages are extremely popular but anyone wanting a fantasmic slot should keep trying as when I was last at WDW in 2008 I was able to get a walk-up for Mama Melrose.

What places were you able to get into? We stayed at AKL a couple of years ago and a tropical storm came in so we stayed at the resort for the day. We were hesitant about the food there, but tried Boma and fell in LOVE with it. I agree with the PP try other places you normally wouldn't and you can be surprise with the outcome.

thanks everyone..we have been able to make a few more reservations. We have a few dinners planned..I feel much better! I just panicked the other night...It's hard to be a "fly by the seat of yout psnts" kind of girl when you have to make these reservations. lol
Thanks for all of your ideas and support!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter