I'm Just Here For Brunch: A 16 Day DR *Update 8/3

Oh my gosh, those cookies!!! Wow, why are there so many rude people, from the guy buying them all up, to the ****** in line behind you? Glad you got to try them. I'm going to have to put them on our WDW bucket list. Thanks so much for the hard cider suggestions! I made a note of them.

We left MK and headed to DS in search of food options for a late lunch/early dinner. We decided to try Polite Pig for the first time. Yay!

The line wasn't bad at all and we looked over the menu while we waited behind a few groups.

When I ordered I asked about the Gideon's cookies and the CM said that they only come at 11am and 4pm and it was about 3pm. She said to get back in line about 3:50pm because they go quickly. Noted!

They have a big display of different sauces to choose from inside, so after I ordered I grabbed some napkins, my drink and some sauce.

They give you a tracker to place on the table and they come to you with your food, which I like.

We grabbed a table outside since it was really nice out.

Rob had gone over to the bar to grab a drink, not realizing he could also get a drink from the main ordering station. All the drinks are on tap which is kinda cool. He got the Polite Punch. Light rum, whiskey, passion fruit, lime, bitters.

He really loved this drink. I had a sip too and it was quite good. It's $11 for one drink or $27 for a whole pitcher. Next time the plan is to split a pitcher of this.

Our food was out pretty quickly and man oh man did it look amazing! Rob got the Low & Slow Brisket Sandwich. Pimento cheese, lil john's bbq, pickled jalapenos, crispy onions served with a pickle spear.

He raved about this sandwich! He would definitely get it again.

I was really torn but ended up going with the half chicken with citrus marinade. This came with jalapeno cornbread, signature polite slaw, and choice of one market side. I went with the BBQ waffle fries.

OMG this chicken was amazing! Chicken can often be boring, but this had so much flavor. You could really taste the citrus throughout the chicken and not just the sin. Heaven! The corn bread and Cole slaw weren't really my thing, but the waffle fries were super crispy and delicious.

I also got a side of mac and cheese.

I thought this wouldn't be totally my style of mac and cheese but it was amazing! Not as good as Homecomin' but close. I wanted to try all the sides, but two was more than enough lol. Hopefully next time I'll get to try the cauliflower and brussel sprouts.

So we finish up and get back in line right at 3:50 and we can see they are putting the cookies out. There are about 4 people ahead of us so we are thinking we will have no problem getting two cookies. Well one greedy guy buys 10 of them. Ugh! Seriously! It gets to be our turn and by some miracle there are two cookies left when a guy way back in the line snaps at the CM behind the register and tells her to put those two aside for him. Ummmmmmmm I don't think so friend. So Rob and I are both like, "No!!!! We want those and we are next." The guy then proceeds to yell at us saying he just drove 500 miles to be here and he wants the cookies. I said, "Well we drove 1000 miles, so if that's what we're basing this off of, we win. Try again tomorrow." :laughing: He was furious and kept yelling at us the entire time we are buying them. Dude, we were in line first, calm down. He was seriously like 8 people back in line. I'm sure other people ahead of him were trying to get them too. So rude. We legit RAN out of there clutching our cookies.:laughing: I didn't fully realize that these cookies were so limited and coveted. Lesson learned. But let me tell you, these cookies were so worth it. It would have wrestled that man to the ground for the these cookies now knowing how good they are.:rotfl2:

Success!

The pictures still do them no justice to show how huge they are. And there were big granules of salt on them. Yummmmmmm! These things are like a pound. The inside is really soft and basically cookie dough. They are HEAVEN! Rob is not a big sweets eater and just wanted to see what the hype was about but he ended up loving it more than me I think. We are addicted. We might have to make a pitstop at their actual location to get a bounty of these next trip. These cookies are so worthy of all the hype. Try one if you can! And try not to fight with anyone. :laughing:

We LOVE the Polite Pig!! Everything we had was so amazing and that mac & cheese is delicious!!

We didn't get cookies when we were there, but we might need to make it a priority. Those look and sound so good!

It gets to be our turn and by some miracle there are two cookies left when a guy way back in the line snaps at the CM behind the register and tells her to put those two aside for him.

Um, apparently the concept of WAITING IN LINE was completely lost on this guy. What a jerk! Glad you were able to escape with the last 2 cookies! :)

I stopped there for a cookie in April, and I got there early. There was already a line with maybe 4 people ahead of me. They said their rule was only one cookie per person and then IF they got through the end of the line with any left, you could come back and get one (again via a line). They wouldn't sell more than one per person, though. I wonder why they changed the rule, or if it was just an uninformed CM.

Gideon's is definitely an Orlando favorite! As others have mentioned, East End Market where they're located isn't too far - about 15-18 miles away from Disney. Don't wait until late afternoon though, they usually sell out each day. They usually offer 5-6 cookie varieties a day, there's usually a cookie flavor of the month (I believe it's s'mores this month), and there are secret slice cakes. Some cookie flavors are only offered one day a week - for example, my personal favorite is salted chocolate chip with candied walnuts and they only have those on Wednesdays. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!