I'm looking for a new pasta salad for the summer.....

it usually goes over better than my tuna fish pasta salad.........I have been known to hide a few slivers of garlic in it too........with just a small amount of brocolli heads......and black olives......and some Italian dressing.......using Good Seasons with olive oil and vinegar........yummy

I use elbow macaroni, sliced radishes, sliced green onions, a little celery if I feel like it, sometimes shrimp, and I use prepared coleslaw dressing. The secret is sliced stuffed green olives. I also add one or two chopped hard boiled eggs. You could add green pepper or carrots if you like. My family loves this.

It's not a "pasta salad" but this is my favorite new "summer salad" It's especially great for picnics, bbq's etc..
VEGGIE SALAD
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch broccoli
1 small package carrots
1 small onion
1 large package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package bacon fried and crumbled
1 bottle SEVEN SEAS Creamy Italian Salad Dressing

Chop veggies fine and combine with rest of ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

Makes a big bowl.

Barilla has new pasta salad sauces. I was looking for something different so I bought it to give it a try. I mixed the dressing (Garden Parmasean, but they also have a tomoato based and basil based) with tricolor pasta and then put in cherry tomatoes, carrots, goat cheese, black olives and sunflower seeds. Yum...worth a try.

I add some pesto sauce to the dressing in mine.

This is what I usually mix up either with a balsamic or citrus dressing:

cheese tortelini
marinated mushrooms
olives
shredded carrots
sweet onions
roasted yellow or red peppers
cooked chicken breast in bite sized pieces
baby spinach - sometimes I'll add this

I add sliced grape or cherry tomatoes once I take the salad out of the fridge.

I just can't stand a tomato that has been in the fridge.

dt, that looks so yummy! I have to agree about the tomatoes...yuck!

Do you think this would be good with artichoke hearts?

:D

Robin,

Sure - haven't yet acquired the taste for them except in a hot crab/artichoke dip.

I think you can change the vegetables to what you like and what's in season.

If I don't want it to be as hardy I replace the tortelini with a fun shapped pasta and a cheese like brie or parmeasan shavings.

Whatever strikes me on any given day!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to tell you I made dt's recipe above yesterday for dinner today.

It was such a hit, my son asked if he could save his steak for tomorrow and just have the pasta tonight!

I made it as she did, except I used ham instead of chicken, and didn't add olives. I also used T. Marzetti's italian dressing.

It was so incredibly good that I can't wait to try it as she did...!
:DThanks so much dt!!

Robin - glad you liked your version - it really is easy to mix and match what you like with some of the ingredients isn't it?

Hey you can use your son's leftover steak in his.

Hey have tried the spaghetti salad with Italian dressing.
That's usually a big hit and stays good for a week, so if you need something for the week end you can make it ahead of time. You can make different varieties by using raspberry salad dressing or a sun dried tomato. If you need the recipe let me know

Hi Missy! Welcome to the Dis! (I see you just signed on) :)

If you have a great recipe, definetly post it! We love that stuff around here! :D

Have a great day!

Ok here goes.

Spaghetti Salad
12 oz. pkg thin spag.
1-8 oz bottle Italian salad dressing
1tsp sugar
1/2 bottle Salad Supreme (Mc Cormicks)
1 zuucchini chopped
1 red onion chopped
1 cucumber chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 tomato chopped
Brake spag into fourths cook as directed, drain run cold water over to cool. Mix with all other ingred. in lg bowl.
Chill overnight. Keeps 1 wk in refrig. Stir before serving.
You might need to add more dressing if it looks a little dry.

I've tried this with a wide varriety of veggies. I have also tried other types of salad dressings.

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter