Delete Thread

I'm not a fan of most of the old SW movies either, but I managed to enjoy the new movies fairly well so you might also like them.
Maybe! I wanted to like them because all of the stuff coming to Disney, I just can't get into it.

Thank you! I have tried so HARD to like this franchise. I spent multiple hours sitting through 4-5 of these movies and was just bored. And this is coming from a pretty big sci fi fan, so it's not as if I dislike the genre. Big trekkie fan. Loved Guardians. Heck, I even liked Avatar and watched that a couple of times over.

(Haven't seen any recent SW movies - just the first 4-5 made. I keep saying I have to try again and watch the newer ones in hopes I'll like them. It is driving me crazy that so much of HS will soon be SW themed - I'm gonna feel so left out.) :worried:

Other than Yoda :lovestruc), SW just doesn't have the compelling storylines, scripts or sense of fun to hold my interest - it sort of feels like one long and tiring rehash of battle scene after battle scene. How many light saber fight scenes can a girl watch?

I am glad all the fans are excited, but selfishly, for me, I'm a bit bummed that HS is going to be so heavy into it in the years to come. :(

Thank you! I have tried so HARD to like this franchise. I spent multiple hours sitting through 4-5 of these movies and was just bored. And this is coming from a pretty big sci fi fan, so it's not as if I dislike the genre. Big trekkie fan. Loved Guardians. Heck, I even liked Avatar and watched that a couple of times over.

Last edited:
Reactions: shh
Day 7-Shopping & Saying Goodbye to the Great Movie Ride
Oh, boy... I don't know that I'm emotionally prepared for this vlog quite yet :sad: I was looking at old Disney photos to find stuff for my PTR update and I have a bajillion photos of GRM. Who knew it'd be my last few trips on it?! :sad2: I bet you're so happy you have the video though :hug:

I'm so glad you vlogged some of the Great Movie Ride. I got a little choked up hearing Robert Osborne's voice.

but his older brother was very talkative, and was proudly announcing his little brother was so dark side that he fell today at Legoland and "he only cried for 5 seconds". :rotfl:

LOL!! I love this kid. Little brother is tough, man.

According to my notes it took us 1.5 hours from the time we left the park to the time we made it back to the hotel.

Ugh!! This is making me have flashbacks of the night we were in Disney Springs and how long it took me to get anywhere that night :faint:

I love the Jawas in the VLOG! How they are trying not to show the CM that they got a snackbox!

And I told my sister about your glass of milk trick, her eyes widened and she was like-I'm totally doing that!

Josh loves trading with the Jawas, it's always so cute.

It's like a little Disney life hack :laughing: you're doing the HEA party though, right? Because that one actually had milk!
We're doing both! I actually don't drink milk, but she seems to always need a glass with dessert!

Josh wanted to go visit the Jawas. He really enjoyed trading them our backpack last time. This time he decided to offer his second snack box.

Haha that's funny!

We soon got in line to head to the fireworks. While in line we noticed the two little boys in front of us were telling a CM they were on the dark side. The one little boy wasn't really old enough to carry on a conversation, but his older brother was very talkative, and was proudly announcing his little brother was so dark side that he fell today at Legoland and "he only cried for 5 seconds". :rotfl:

That's really cute. I love it when kids are into Star Wars!

We were not in the front (I believe that's reserved for the tour and the people that were ahead of us in line, but we were pretty close). I also thought the light up ears in front of me were cool at first until the person wore them the whole show which sometimes made it hard to see or film things :rolleyes2

I bought those ears! But they hurt my head! Think maybe my head is too wide? But the headband is plastic and not cloth, I guess because there's a battery pack in it. They are so cool though.

As kids my brother was known for spending the whole firework show asking: "Is that it? Is this the grand finale?!" every single time he saw a firework :rotfl: Josh knows the story so we like to say it to each other whenever we watch fireworks.

giphy-gif.255533

Haha funny! Does he still ask that?

As I mentioned in my DTR this show felt like it was for Star Wars fans, (well duh) which I am not. I really enjoyed our dessert party experience (it was probably the best one we've been to), but as for the show that's probably a one and done for us. I'd have to say it's my least favorite of the nighttime shows.

I agree the dessert party is the best one (but I haven't done the Illuminations one, which is I guess, now Frozen themed). I'm making my family do it, even my sister and brother in law who have never seen Star Wars, LOL.

According to my notes it took us 1.5 hours from the time we left the park to the time we made it back to the hotel. :confused: I don't even think that most of that had to do with waiting for the next bus since there was more than one lined up at our stop when we got there, but that's how long it took. I'm assuming we then immediately fell into bed since we'd been on vacation for 7 days now and vacation is exhausting :rotfl:

Vacation IS exhausting! Well, a Disney one at least!

I also thought the light up ears in front of me were cool at first until the person wore them the whole show which sometimes made it hard to see or film things :rolleyes2

Ugggh, I would have found them frustrating for not getting in the way or being distracting. But otherwise they're kinda cool.

As kids my brother was known for spending the whole firework show asking: "Is that it? Is this the grand finale?!" every single time he saw a firework :rotfl: Josh knows the story so we like to say it to each other whenever we watch fireworks.

giphy-gif.255533

Bahaha this is funny!! I'm going to adopt this into my firework-watching routine.

but as for the show that's probably a one and done for us. I'd have to say it's my least favorite of the nighttime shows.

Interesting! I still haven't seen it yet. We may or may not get to watch it on our DHS day this trip. But I'm open to it, but don't have exceedingly high hopes.

According to my notes it took us 1.5 hours from the time we left the park to the time we made it back to the hotel. :confused:

Woah! That's wild! You must have been exhausted!

Which I thought was a little odd since you don't prepay and the sanctuary is also where they live so I would guess "getting ready" is doing the same things they do daily).
That's is just... odd.

But now a whole day had just opened up for us, and we didn't have any plans :scratchin
No Plans?! I do not understand that concept!

We also wanted more violet lemonade.
Yum! Looks so delicious!

I just realized recently we've never done TT at night, so I think we have to change that this trip
It is fun speeding outside at night :) And you don't get blinded by the sun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter