"I'm NOT a Princess, I'm Izzy!" - May '15 Land/Sea ~ Updated 6/4: Link to Disneyland TR!!!

I had totally forgotten this was the TR for when your company had gotten acquired - that really must have been stressful and I am sure added to you desire to get home/uneasiness with being away. May have mentioned this before by my benefits have definitely gone down in recent years and my company hasn't gotten acquired or anything - so very well may have happened to your benefits anyway ;)

wow - that is amazing they were able to charge that meal to a non-existant card on file ;) ... definitely seems like something got messed up with your reservation, like they had your file and a room and they weren't properly connected or something

Looks like a fun breakfast though - love when the characters interact with stuffed animals of themselves. And poor Donald - tough to compete with butter!

It was nice of Dug to get that toy "for Izzy" ;)

I'm glad everything worked out with your job. It seems like most people's benefits aren't the best these days.
Thanks and very true about the benefits. I've seen some threads on another forum about benefits and it's not great, in general.

I've only had dinner at Cape May. Breakfast looks like fun and thank heavens there was plenty of butter!
I've never had dinner there, but it was our second time doing breakfast and both were fun!

That's really strange that you weren't in the system. I'm curious. Did you get charged for the meal at Beaches and Cream? After what you went through, you guys deserved a freebie.
Yep, they charged B&C to the credit card that "wasn't on file". Impressive. :rolleyes:

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but that set is really cool!
It's super cute and reminds me of the characters at that SW character meal.

Wow.
Your last day was so rough; I hate that for you guys. There were so many things that wen't wrong. And maybe if it had only been one or two things, it wouldn't have been so bad. But add them all together and it was just a mess. :sad2:
That's exactly it - nothing was that bad on it's own, but all together, it just got to be ridiculous. Though, I must say, this stuff doesn't hold a candle to things that went wrong on that one trip of yours.

I'm really glad you have been back since then and had some fun trips.
Me too!

Wow, what a morning. Really cute breakfast at Cape May - such a nice last-day thing to do when you don't have park time!! Esp staying at the resort.
Yes, it was the perfect way to end the trip since we were staying there. (Though part of me wanted to cancel and swim instead, but time was limited.)

I spotted some of the bananas foster sauce on the waffle, that is so good! hahaha.
I thought of you when I posted that picture. :rotfl:

That is too bad about the charges, although I'm sure you have plenty of opportunities to use the Disney gift cards ;)
Oh, yeah, we used it up - probably to get our Disneyland tickets or something.

that all sounds like way too much effort!
Normally, the gift cards aren't a lot of work, but this situation was obnoxious. Dug didn't realize I wanted to just pay with the gift card at B&C vs. charging to the room, so that added a level of complication. :headache:

That Star Wars set is super cute!
Thanks, I love the characters dressed in their SW stuff.

That is crazy how many things went wrong in your short stay. We had a similar thing happen last May - it was the last night of a long WDW/cruise/WDW trip and we moved to SSR for the last night (we decided way after we booked our BCV stay that we wanted to stay an extra day so we had to move). We weren't happy with our room location or the bus situation at all, never received ME documents. Michael called down regarding the ME, which I had booked months ahead of time, and then the next morning we realized they told us the wrong time and there wasn't a bus coming for us. Eventually, they put us in a taxi and gave us a taxi voucher. Fortunately the taxi had 2 car seats!
Wow, that does sound very similar, down to the May trip and WDW/cruise/WDW situation and one last night. I guess nobody should ever do this! :rotfl:

I hope you will give the Beach Club another chance!
I'm sure we will. We did stay there once back in 2010 and liked it, so I'm sure it was just really lousy luck this time.

I had totally forgotten this was the TR for when your company had gotten acquired - that really must have been stressful and I am sure added to you desire to get home/uneasiness with being away. May have mentioned this before by my benefits have definitely gone down in recent years and my company hasn't gotten acquired or anything - so very well may have happened to your benefits anyway ;)
It was super stressful and a cloud over me during the trip. True, benefits are often not what they used to be. :sad1:

wow - that is amazing they were able to charge that meal to a non-existant card on file ;) ... definitely seems like something got messed up with your reservation, like they had your file and a room and they weren't properly connected or something
Exactly! The whole thing was just so...off. :confused3

Looks like a fun breakfast though - love when the characters interact with stuffed animals of themselves. And poor Donald - tough to compete with butter!
It was a fun breakfast. Good way to end the trip.

It was nice of Dug to get that toy "for Izzy" ;)
So thoughtful and generous, right? :rotfl:

Home Sweet Home

We made it here in plenty of time (for once! :laughing:):

Boarded just after 10am:

I think we were all ready to go home, but not necessarily to face reality. Here we go:

Looks like we made another stop, though I’m not sure which resort this is now :confused::

Watched some videos:

We made it to MCO at 11:20am and were lucky enough to have a porter show up just as we got off the bus. He helped us get all of our bags inside and checked, yay! :cool1:

Looks like security wasn’t too bad:

Oh, yes, my notes say that it was strangely empty. :confused3 That was nice, since we didn’t have pre-check (yet – we do now!) They asked if we had any milk for our toddler and we pulled out Izzy’s Thermos, which they happily checked and returned:

Much better than the TSA agent on the way out who made a fuss (you may not recall after all this time, but she said that she thought you couldn’t bring through milk after turning 2 – and she learned that by traveling with her grandkids – not, you know, in training for her TSA job :rolleyes2).

It was soon mini-monorail time:

It was around noon and we were getting a bit hungry, so stopped at a Nathan’s Hot Dogs on the way to our gate. Izzy wanted to sit on my lap:

The food was decent, but hot and messy:

Also, hard to eat with a kid on your lap:

As we were heading out of there, Izzy spotted a bag of ridiculously overpriced gummy bears that she desperately wanted. I diverted her and said we’d try to find a more reasonably priced one in a gift shop, which we did, but she didn’t want THOSE. :sad2: Oh, well, no gummy bears for you, kid. :charac2:

We made it to our gate at 12:21pm:

There weren’t any seats and we wanted to be ready for family boarding, so we just stood around until it was time:

Looks like Izzy was in a good mood:

They ended up not calling for family boarding, but we did get on as soon as we were allowed so that we could get her car seat installed without blocking up the aisle. She was buckled in and ready to go at 12:51pm:

Izzy found another use for her wand (that she insisted on bringing onboard):

She held her little stuffed animals and had some candy:

And then this happened :rotfl2::

Candy still in hand! :rotfl: She was sound asleep by 1:38pm. I think she slept through most of the flight, so that was nice. I guess that’s the benefit of having the late night prior. ::yes::

We landed at MSP around 4pm Central:

We stopped into the restrooms for Izzy to go potty. I had put a pull-up on her for the plane ride, just in case, but I think it stayed dry and she actually went potty in the restroom. :thumbsup2

My step-mom picked us up around 4:30pm and I rode in back with Izzy:

She took us back to our car (in Dug’s sister’s driveway) and we drove home. After we got home, my step-mom stopped by our house to drop off Bailey (they dog-sat for us) AND she even brought us pizza for dinner! So nice! :goodvibes

And, as expected, Kitty was a delightful mix of happy and angry to see us again :lmao::

And that’s a wrap! Thank you to anyone who managed to stick out this epic TR! :worship: I’ve enjoyed sharing all the highs and lows with you and reliving the magical memories. Overall, we had a great time, but it wasn’t all smooth sailing. I think we learned some things and saw what worked and what didn’t and we’ve kept on traveling.

So, speaking of our travels since then, I have a half-done Hawaii/Aulani TR that needs some attention, so that’s where I’ll be updating next. You can find it here:

Just the 19 of Us – Oahu North Shore & Aulani – Jan. 2016

It’s from January 2016, so already over a year ago that we were there. It’s weird, because we went in November 2014 and January 2016, 14 months apart, so that means we should be there now to keep up the pattern. I know Izzy thinks so – it’s like an annual event in her short lifetime so far. :rotfl2: She keeps mentioning that we need to go back. And we definitely hope to someday!

After I finish the Hawaii report (or maybe even sooner?), I’ll get started on our Disneyland trip from February 2016. Cannot wait to talk about that! :hyper: I am most likely going to call it, “I Think I Might Be a Disneyland Person!” – so, that gives you some idea how I liked DLR. I’ll put up a link here and on my Hawaii report once I start the Disneyland one (and in my signature – they’re all there).

After that, I still have the December 2016 WDW trip and the February 2017 Wonder/WDW trip to cover, so I’ll be busy writing for quite a while! :faint:

On the horizon, we have an October 2017 WDW trip planned. I know I tossed out a little spoiler at some point while writing this, but we were given a free 6-night Value Resort stay on our December trip. We are using it in October to stay in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation! :cool1: Really excited to stay at AoA! We all have Annual Passes, so tickets are covered too. Would love to add on some extra nights, but trying to keep this one pretty low-budget, so we’ll see if we can swing anything. I can’t wait to be back for Food & Wine and the Halloween Party, though! :woohoo:

Further on the horizon, we are hoping to pull off an insane travel stunt in 2018 by taking two major trips within months of each other. :earseek: I’m not sure we can make both work financially, but if we pull out all the stops (using points for free hotels and airfare, cashing out some of my vacation time, catching cheap airfare deals, etc.), we MIGHT be able to do this:

*Spring 2018 – France & Disneyland Paris

*August 2018 – 7 Night Alaskan cruise on the Disney Wonder (we actually have this booked using our onboard booking discount from February’s cruise). We really would prefer to do this cruise in 2019, but they are only offered in the summer, so our discount won’t go that far out, as it expires after 2 years. So, we’ll see if we can make this work. If not, it will be okay, as France is priority #1. This one is our "stretch" goal.

And who knows what else we’ll throw in there? Gotta hope for some pixie dust, I guess! pixiedust:

Thanks again for following along and I hope you’ll enjoy the upcoming TRs too! :thanks:

Awesome future plans, including October, then france and the Alaska cruise! How cool!!

Great wrap up, glad the travel day wasn't crazy like your final WDW day! Everything seemed to go smoothly (can't believe how empty security was!!) and they def know about toddler milk at Orlando, anyway! (Providence can give me troubles too sometimes). And yay for a sleeping Izzy on the plane!

Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading about the combo WDW/cruise aspect of it all, and while there were some definite bumps along the way, it still looks like you all created some magical memories. And now I can't wait to read about your DL experience!

Oooh, a Disneyland Paris trip...keep me posted! That's only a 5 hour drive for us...perhaps if our schedules align we can have a DISmeet there.:thumbsup2 Any excuse to go back to those parks works for me.

I hope you are able to take your cruise, as well! We're tentatively hoping to go on one summer of 2019, so I enjoy living vicariously through everyone's trip reports until then. :rotfl:

I'm glad you made it back home with ease. Love Izzy's hand in the candy box while she slept - too cute. And yay for sleeping most of the flight home!

DLP and Alaskan cruise in 2018 sounds amazing! I've been looking at how many points we have, schedules, etc and trying to get our 2018 plans lined up, as well. I think we are doing a spring WDW trip and then Aulani in August. Those plans sound kind of boring compared to Paris and Alaska, though!!

For us, it was definitely worth it. But it was also the second night of the show and we were unable to book advance FP (due to our untraditional AP upgrade), so I wanted to make sure we'd see the show. Plus, we did the cheapest meal option (breakfast), it was only 1 adult and 1 child so not too expensive, and we had a really fun character meal too. Then we were able to get to the show just a little in advance and still sit in a section that seemed to have a pretty good view. Since I haven't been in any other sections, i can't tell you for sure what they are like, but I felt like we had a really straight-on view of things from where we were. I am leaning towards doing the dining package again when we go back, so that Dug can see the show. (Though I will check reviews on FP viewing later in the year to see if that's an option).
Thanks for the info. From what I've seen it appears that the seating under the dining package is kind of the prime section.

Then we got back in line and met the princess "Rella" herself at 8:45am. Izzy used her patented hug-tackle to bring her down :rotfl2:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

So, I don’t know if it was just our waitress (she wasn’t great) or if this is standard, but I was a bit disappointed with the food/drink service for Izzy. Granted, we brought her to this expensive meal before she turned 3 to save on the cost, so we weren’t expecting much...but they didn’t bring her ANY food (or even offer or stick around long enough for us to ask).
The first time we went, DD was under 3 and they went out of their way to take care of her. We didn't expect a plate and they offered one.

Then again, as I mentioned in my latest review, I wasn't thrilled with the service that time. Maybe service there has slipped in the past few years?

In my series of “unflattering princess facial expression” photos, I present this one :rotfl::

Not as good as Cinderella’s eyes bugging out at Akershus, but still fun. Reminder of that one :rotfl2::
I don't know... it's probably closer than you think.

It was kind-of like Izzy was in a fog during this meet – maybe in awe of meeting her idol? :confused: Or just 2.5-year-old zoned out? :confused3
Probably a combination of both.

She gave me the empty gift card (no longer needed) and the remaining gift card, but NOT the Tables in Wonderland card.
Uh oh...

Naturally, Izzy liked the stuffed animals in the gift shop afterwards:
Of course! That's why they're there!

While he was in there, I looked around for something Izzy and I could do with a low wait. This one fit the bill, plus she really enjoys it:
Yep... been there done that. Teacups always fit the need.

Heck, the Barnstormer is downright roomy in comparison.
::yes::

At any rate, after he got out of there, he went straight to a FP kiosk to try to change his FP+ to something else. He ended up getting a bit emotional while talking about it to the CM working there. The CM was an older gentleman and said that he also couldn’t ride, as his legs were too long. He was very sympathetic and gave Dug a handwritten FP for anything (on an official form) and a bottle of water. Very nice! (I kinda wonder if he deals with this a lot?)
I'm really sorry he couldn't ride it. It was nice that the CM tried to do something nice for him, but it was all around a bad situation.

We did standby, which didn’t appear to be too long, but it sure felt long.
I can imagine... it's so low capacity that it just moves so slow.

I must have gotten in touch with Dug while we waited, as he came over. He decided not to wait and just to get back on the train and head to the lunch ADR that we needed to get to. But Izzy and I stuck it out. Even though it was starting to rain lightly. We were only a few families back when the CMs abruptly shut down the meet, ushered Woody and Jessie to shelter, and basically sent us all away. Boo. :sad:
That stinks... too bad that you waited and got so close before they shut it down.

Nice! :thumbsup2 Izzy liked the snow, just a true Minnesotan should. :cold:

I’m not sure how much of her meal Izzy ate, though, as she was too busy immersing herself in the “grey stuff”:
Clearly she's smart enough to go straight for the good stuff.

She had made a number of unsuccessful attempts this day, but still had not actually peed. :headache: I took her in and she, once again, sat there insisting that she didn’t have to go. I told her to keep trying and she refused. :sad2: So, we left the stall and found the water dispenser. I got her a little cup of water, figuring she could drink that and we’d go back into the stall and try again. Well, guess how that one turned out… :rolleyes:

She took ONE SIP of water and immediately peed all over the floor!
Oh, I feel your pain. Definitely reminds me of our scene with DD at DHS when she refused to pee all day until the floodgates broke.

He nonchalantly handed me one of those poles with the thing you can stick paper towels in to make a mop.
Really? This is unacceptable. I realize that it is probably not his job to clean up pee, but this isn't the kind of customer service Disney was built on. He should have called for custodial staff while you were allowed to go care for Izzy.
What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes1 :lmao:
Famous last words.

(I like having a shelf and hooks by the door like that).
::yes::

You may remember me foreshadowing this a bit at Cinderella’s Royal Table. I didn’t realize at the time that I hadn’t gotten the card back. It wasn’t until this point, when I was getting everything ready for the rest of the night (including dinner at Beaches ‘n’ Cream) that I found it was gone. :eek: We made a call to the Beach Club concierge for help with this and they weren’t very helpful at all…at first. Eventually, we must have grown on them, as they did arrange for me to pick up a new TiW card at Epcot. Yes, at Epcot. :cool: Woo hoo, this “swim time” is just getting more and more fun! o_O
What? Really? They resist helping to start with and then send you to EPCOT? Weird.

We resigned ourselves to just doing the photo shoot, as we weren’t about to stand up the photographer. Then I’d have to book it over to Epcot after the shoot, get the TiW card, then get back for dinner. :scared:
Busy evening... :faint:

So, despite the foul moods, we did end up with a selection of decent pictures. Here are the highlights:
For a non cooperative Izzy, you got some great ones!

While that was happening, I was at Guest Relations at the International Gateway to get a new TiW card. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, as they had received the request and knew what to do. However, there is a special printer they had to use for this and, naturally, that printer was having problems. :headache:
:faint: You just can't catch a break.

At any rate, by the time they were dealt with (given in to :rolleyes:), we were now fairly late for our own ADR. So, the CM checking us in told us she was going to assign us an extra 20 minute wait time because of it. Of course. :sad2: Because that’s the way this night was going.
Well, I guess it is a place with limited seating so that's probably a justifiable thing, but it definitely stings when you just saw another family pretty much impose their will on a CM while making you stand there waiting to check in. I probably would have been pretty ticked off like Dug was.

As we were waiting and holding back tears about our awful evening, some members of that angry family approached us and they weren’t very happy. :scared: I’ve honestly blocked this memory out, so I don’t recall what exactly was said, but I know they were very upset with Dug for calling them out on their behavior. :furious: And, to make matters worse, Dug was still so upset about our mess of an evening that he wasn’t really processing the situation and easily could have said some things to make them angrier, without being fully aware of the consequences. Maybe it was just me, but they seemed like they were ready for an altercation. :eek: Clearly, they were already over the top angry about their own situation. And from the second they approached us, it felt somewhat threatening to me. :scared1: But I’m not sure that Dug was fully aware, as he was more wrapped up in his own thoughts by then.
I get it... I can relate to Dug. I'd have felt that way. I'm glad you were able to neutralize things.

I’m sure you’re shocked that Izzy ordered macaroni and cheese :laughing::
WHAT????? :eek::faint:

Random post, but Izzy's preschool class talked about transportation the other day and today Dug saw this hanging on the wall:

I think we're training her right! :rotfl:
That's fantastic! She's really growing up!

Those butter-licking pictures crack me up! :rotfl2:
So she is either too distracted to eat or too focused on eating to be distracted. Not much in between, huh?

So, then this was a free meal? :confused3 Hahahahaha, no, of course not. :sad2: It somehow magically got charged to that credit card that “wasn’t on file.” :rolleyes:
:sad2:

But, at least we didn’t have plans for a small child to take a nap in the room on one of those afternoons! :eek:
That would have made life difficult. :headache:

So, yeah, for a stay of under 24 hours, it was a lot that went wrong. o_O
It really was... that was a bumpy stay at BCV.

We made it here in plenty of time (for once! :laughing:):
Of course... that's the one you're on time for.

I think we were all ready to go home, but not necessarily to face reality.
Totally understand!

Candy still in hand! :rotfl: She was sound asleep by 1:38pm. I think she slept through most of the flight, so that was nice. I guess that’s the benefit of having the late night prior. ::yes::
That's great. Always makes the flight easier when they can nap.

We stopped into the restrooms for Izzy to go potty. I had put a pull-up on her for the plane ride, just in case, but I think it stayed dry and she actually went potty in the restroom. :thumbsup2
So she figured it out by the time the trip was over? :rotfl2:

She took us back to our car (in Dug’s sister’s driveway) and we drove home. After we got home, my step-mom stopped by our house to drop off Bailey (they dog-sat for us) AND she even brought us pizza for dinner! So nice! :goodvibes
Makes the return to reality when you have someone to help you settle back in.

I am most likely going to call it, “I Think I Might Be a Disneyland Person!” – so, that gives you some idea how I liked DLR.
Sounds exciting! I haven't made it to your Aulani TR yet. Honestly, I probably won't. I'm so far behind, Aulani isn't on our radar so I'll probably just wait until the DL TR and try to jump in at the beginning.

*Spring 2018 – France & Disneyland Paris

*August 2018 – 7 Night Alaskan cruise on the Disney Wonder
Both look amazing! I hope you can make it work. That will be an awesome spring/summer!

Glad that departure day went more smoothly for you! I haven't been to DL yet, but your potential trip report title speaks to me on a personal level :rotfl2: I think that's why I keep putting the trip off--so I don't have to keep going back, lol. Excited to see how the Hawaii trip turns out and read about your experiences in CA :)

Really enjoyed your TR, and looking forward to hearing all about the other trips you've been on since then! I found just thinking about TR at a time to be a lot of work, so kudos to you for working on multiple!

I have not commented until now, but I have read your whole report. I will be hopping over to your Hawaii one at some point. I pretty much read on my lunch breaks these days which is not enough time to Dis if you ask me! SO it has taken me a couple months to catch up on this so you ended it in perfect timing for me lol. I really enjoyed your trip report for this trip. Funny how kids change so quickly with what they do and don't like. Bummer about missing out on storm-a-long bay, but my favorite Disney saying is "Disney isn't going anywhere, I will get back there at some point." I can't believe how many issues you had though, thankfully you had rented points previously so knew that it isn't always that screwy!

Hummmm that beach club experience does seem very "off". I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
I can't believe you guys had so much trouble in Beaches and Cream. Although isn't that life when things start to go wrong, they go really wrong!

Looks like Izzy was in a good mood for the way home. That's always helpful!

Your future travel plans sound amazing!!!! It's always been my dream to do the Alskian cruise for my 40th, but after comparing prices I think Aulani might work better for us, so that's our 5 year out travel plan, lol. I'll be here to follow along on your next adventures!

It sounds like things went much smoother for the trip home. The picture of your cat made me laugh because our cat is the same way after a trip.

That's awesome that you got a six night stay at AoA for October. We were just there in January for four days with two of our daughters and their families. One daughter got sprinkled with pixie dust and was given a free upgrade to a family suite. The rest of us stayed in the Little Mermaid section. The room was fine, the theming was great, and the food court has a nice selection. The only issue was how far our room was to the main building, food court, bus stop, etc. I've stayed in values before, but never as far as this. I guess I've been spoiled on how close we've always been. I'm the person who is the first one up and ready in the morning and collects the coffee mugs and makes the hike to the food court. I only did that the first morning there as it took far too long to get there and back. I'm sure Izzy will love it and that's what matters most.

OMG! What an end of your trip!

It def sounds like your reservation was totally messed up some how! Thank Goodness you were only there the one day!

FullSizeRender.jpg_zpsyjcveg0g.jpeg
OH! And I can't believe how big Izzy is! It's like I time travelled! Can't wait to see her grow with the next TR's! It's kind of a strange thing to say.

Hi! Been absent for a while and have wayyyy too much to multi quote.
So I'll just hit a few key points.

Totally sucks that Dug couldn't ride 7DMT. I feel for him. Glad you got the anywhere FP though. What did you use it on? Did I miss that?
Your server at Cindy's sure sucked. I hope the tip reflected the service.
That family at Beaches! Yikes! Good for you in defusing the situation. Some people, though... :sad2:
And the whole thing on your last day with the room. Not good.

Thanks for a fun TR!

Wow I can't believe your TR is done!! I feel like I can always come back to this TR and it'll be ongoing...but am looking forward to your new ones. What an epic trip. Doesn't Star Wars Weekends feel like such a long time ago? :)
That's amazing you got a free 6 night stay at a value resort!!! I'm so impressed. We'll be arriving at WDW on Oct 30th. Not sure if that overlaps your dates somehow.

Will have to catch up on your latest Hawaii TR so I'll be off to read that soon...

WOW-- what a last day. I bet even years later that still stings. BUT-- some good moments! BOG is a favorite lunch of ours, as well. I always get the pork, too-- it's sooooo good.

At the potty....oh, Izzy. When G was 2, he called himself "you" and me "I". We were at the grocery one day, checking out, when he starts yelling "YOU WANT I TO TAKE YOU POTTY RIGHT NOW." You can guess how that ended. We've all been there....

Your BC experience was just.... No. How terrible. Those hallways are sooooooo long, and snafu after snafu. Ugh. I'm really impressed Izzy was hanging in at 9 pm though. And we had that same waitress at B&C in January-- ages so sweet! Ever since I heard the No Way Jose is melted Jif pb, I've been dying to try it at home- it's my FAVORITE. YUM. That grilled cheese is also good!

Booooooo on no pool time! That's such an awesome pool, it's a total bummer you didn't all get to use it! Reason to go back?!

Glad you had such a fun last breakfast, even if they screwed up your charges, and yay for successful flights home! I can't wait to read the rest of your reports as you get to them!

Hi Dugette!

So I had taken another LONG break from the DIS, but I am back. I finished your TR and I really loved it! I loved hearing about all the adventured you take with your family! I am heading over to your other TRs now to catch up. Also, France & DLP sounds amazing! That's on my bucket list too!

-Alison

Awesome future plans, including October, then france and the Alaska cruise! How cool!!
I really hope we can make all of these work. But then, of course, I start thinking of all the things we could do with that Alaskan cruise money...I mean, Disneyland, Cabo, and maybe something else like a short Disney cruise? I know, not the worst problem to have, but still...as you know since I just wrote it in your TR, Izzy and I really want to go back to Disneyland and it's not in the plans at all. But Dug is now having two retreats a year in southern CA, so it seems like it should be. :scratchin

Great wrap up, glad the travel day wasn't crazy like your final WDW day! Everything seemed to go smoothly (can't believe how empty security was!!) and they def know about toddler milk at Orlando, anyway! (Providence can give me troubles too sometimes). And yay for a sleeping Izzy on the plane!
Yes, it was overall a pretty smooth day, especially compared to the battering we'd had the day prior. :rotfl:

Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading about the combo WDW/cruise aspect of it all, and while there were some definite bumps along the way, it still looks like you all created some magical memories. And now I can't wait to read about your DL experience!
Thanks! Looking back, I think this trip was...too much? I don't know, it just really burned us out. It really was like two vacations mashed together and I'm not sure that's a great thing. But, yeah, lots of magical memories in there for sure. I'm trying to hammer out the Hawaii report because I really want to start on Disneyland! :hyper:

Oooh, a Disneyland Paris trip...keep me posted! That's only a 5 hour drive for us...perhaps if our schedules align we can have a DISmeet there.:thumbsup2 Any excuse to go back to those parks works for me.
That would be sweet! We'd love to do April-May 2018, but are waiting until we can snag some airfare to finalize things (hoping we don't have to wait forever to get that settled, though). Will keep you posted - would be so fun to meet up! :goodvibes

I hope you are able to take your cruise, as well! We're tentatively hoping to go on one summer of 2019, so I enjoy living vicariously through everyone's trip reports until then. :rotfl:
I know, I lived vicariously through a lot of cruise TRs and I'm sure that's what got me to book one. :rotfl: And I started looking at the Alaska TRs solely because they were on the Wonder and that's what we were cruising on in Feb - and now I want to go to there. :laughing: (I already wanted to, but it got moved up the priority list). We'll see what we can pull off.

I'm glad you made it back home with ease. Love Izzy's hand in the candy box while she slept - too cute. And yay for sleeping most of the flight home!
I can't believe she just passed out in the middle of eating candy! :rotfl2: And so glad she slept - those are the best flights!

DLP and Alaskan cruise in 2018 sounds amazing! I've been looking at how many points we have, schedules, etc and trying to get our 2018 plans lined up, as well. I think we are doing a spring WDW trip and then Aulani in August. Those plans sound kind of boring compared to Paris and Alaska, though!!
That sounds pretty amazing too! Flower & Garden time, probably, and then Aulani is just paradise! Not boring at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!