I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Sorry about that. I’ve been thinking about the second wave of the coronavirus and I’ve become depressed and almost apocalyptic. News is so evil. So is the social media,
Agree with the pp -- no need to apologize -- just don't be too hard on yourself with worrying. Taking good care of yourself now is extra important! You have to be sure to be in tip top shape and great health once DLR reopens. :)

I really enjoyed @Karin1984 ’s post. I totally agree. Please don’t apologize, we are here to cope and be compassionate 😀. I get you though, I apologize to walls at times. Lol

Super happy to hear about July’s opening, just around the corner!!

This pandemic and everything that has come with it, certainly plays with our emotions, I think it’s good to turn off the news and social media. Too much is too much.

I hope you are excited for next month, stay Healthy and enjoy what’s coming up. 🌈

Looks like Disneyland is not going to reopen next month! AUGH! :mad: I'm sorry, but I hate 2020! This is the worst year ever! If coronavirus didn't exist in the first place, none of this would've happen. I guess coronavirus is staying forever! And the apocalypse is coming! We're going to die!:sad:
Sorry, but I'm upset.

Looks like Disneyland is not going to reopen next month! AUGH! :mad: I'm sorry, but I hate 2020! This is the worst year ever! If coronavirus didn't exist in the first place, none of this would've happen. I guess coronavirus is staying forever! And the apocalypse is coming! We're going to die!:sad:
Sorry, but I'm upset.

is the delay longer than a week? I’m not sure I am up on current events ?

This year is pretty lethal, we may all have to live with it, and sadly we are doing a poor job in my opinion. At least until a vaccine and/or treatments come out.

I don’t think the world is Ending myself, but boy I’ve been where I feel like it myself, so I understand how you feel. You are allowed to be upset, One day at a time. We all have a part to play, wear a mask, social distance, etc,

is the delay longer than a week? I’m not sure I am up on current events ?...
The state of CA did not give permission for any of the theme parks in Southern CA to open yet. So that means that Sea World, Legoland, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Universal Studios Hollywood (which all wanted to open on July 1st) will not be opening until further notice. DLR was planning to open on July 17th, pending state approval which they also did not receive. They have said that they will continue to work with their remaining unions with whom they still need to come to agreement and that they will wait for the state to give the okay to open. The state has said they will make an announcement "sometime after July 4." So, it is sad and frustrating for many, but also the right move for everyone's safety.

Last edited:
I know it's annoying when I keep saying sorry, but I want to apologize for my ranty behavior. I'm just upset that it won't open and I just can't believe we haven't got rid of the virus. I know it's for safety reasons, but...I don't know. I just hope the vaccines are coming this September and hopefully it'll be back to normal before the new year.

I know it's annoying when I keep saying sorry, but I want to apologize for my ranty behavior. I'm just upset that it won't open and I just can't believe we haven't got rid of the virus. I know it's for safety reasons, but...I don't know. I just hope the vaccines are coming this September and hopefully it'll be back to normal before the new year.

Hi there, this virus has certainly changed all our lives, taken way too many lives.
It is a much different life, far from easy. I hope for the same things as you. It isn’t annoying to me to see your posts, we are all coping the best we can. Big hugs to you 🥰

I don’t want to be apocalyptic, but after reading this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/21/covid-live-updates-us/ I feel like giving up hope. :sad: It’ll never get better. The economy will be gone. Disney will be gone. Everything will be gone forever. The virus will live on forever. I don’t know if we’ll survive. The whole world will be a wasteland. Now, I’m a laughing stock at the other thread. I’m sorry, but I don’t think this world will never get better. And I don’t know if vaccines will help either.

Note: if you want to move this post on my I’m Sad and Mad at Coronavirus Thread, by all means, go right ahead.

Last edited:
There are moments when things feel unbearable. Try to find one happy little thought.... one good thing in your life. Something small. Like the sound of birds, a wet dog kiss, a soft chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven, the sunset over the seven seas lagoon. I know that it's easier said than done but hang in there. You aren't alone.

This is probably the worst period that you've lived through, but there must be something that will make you smile. I agree with JenboJambo, find one thing any time that you're feeling stressed.

I assume that you're healthy. Concentrate on staying healthy. This is not the worst thing that humankind has had to live through. I'm happy that I'm living in the modern world. There are many many worse places to be living right now.

We'll get past this. Stay vigilant about your own health. Maybe try to be of help to someone who's situation is worse than your own. You need to get your mind off of this. Maybe it's time for you to stop reading the news?

Hang in there kiddo! We'll come out the other side of the pandemic and hopefully, in years to come, you'll think of 2020 as being just a blip in your life.

Times are tough, but though times don’t last forever. WE WILL get through it. Are you getting out for some nice daily walks and smelling some roses?

I have been through A lot, like I can’t even explain, and I don’t want to, I don’t want to make what you feel like it’s nothing, because it is. but, if we just think the world is ending, then that is not productive at all. Our ancestors have beaten flus, wars, they came out of it, and so will we. Please try each day to focus on what a glorious thing that you have in your life right now, not something you have lost during this, just something you love, maybe to do, a loved one, anything. Try and focus on that. i know it’s a long time, it’s not easy, but we will. 🌈❤️

We as a society have been through some awful times, and this is one of them. We have gotten through them and we will get through this one, too. While a vaccine may be a long way off, we are much better today than we were just a couple of months ago at diagnosing and treating this disease. Progress is being made every day in developing therapeutic drugs and finding a vaccine. Also keep in mind that while this is a serious disease for many, the overwhelming majority (like over 99%) of people who become with this virus make a full recovery. Many people have it without even knowing it.

First, I’m not surprise my thread will end up in this thread I created months ago. Second, Wow! I was completely going Woo hoo again. Yikes! I mean, I tried to stay away from the news the best I can, but they’re everywhere on tv and the internet. The news media need to stop scaring people, because it’s too much, not only for me, but to everybody in this world. I hope it gets back to normal before the new year, but I’ll try not to get my hopes up.

First, I’m not surprise my thread will end up in this thread I created months ago. Second, Wow! I was completely going Woo hoo again. Yikes! I mean, I tried to stay away from the news the best I can, but they’re everywhere on tv and the internet. The news media need to stop scaring people, because it’s too much, not only for me, but to everybody in this world. I hope it gets back to normal before the new year, but I’ll try not to get my hopes up.
Do you have a favorite song, video, movie that cheers you up or just makes you feel better every time? You know what I mean -- the one that just soothes your heart right away? Try to stay away from FB and the news -- or at least limit your time looking at them (literally set a timer and when it goes off, turn off FB and the news). If you find yourself feeling like you are drowning in fear and anxiety, go right to your special song/video/movie for some quiet, soothing time. Breathe deep, focus, and slow down. This can be one way to help yourself get through this because this really is going to be a marathon, not a sprint. And we all need to do our best to stay sane so that we can help each other stay strong and get through this!

I’m sorry, guys, but I’m giving up hope again. Not because of the virus, but Disneyland. I’ve heard Newsom refused to reopen Disneyland during the guidelines. Even if the virus miraculously goes away, I think Disneyland is not going to survive and it’ll be close forever. I guess us people of California are no longer lucky Like Florida, I guess I might have to give up my annual pass. Goodbye Disneyland.:sad:

Disneyland
Born: 1955
Died: 2020

I’m sorry, guys, but I’m giving up hope again. Not because of the virus, but Disneyland. I’ve heard Newsom refused to reopen Disneyland during the guidelines. Even if the virus miraculously goes away, I think Disneyland is not going to survive and it’ll be close forever. I guess us people of California are no longer lucky Like Florida, I guess I might have to give up my annual pass. Goodbye Disneyland.:sad:

Disneyland
Born: 1955
Died: 2020
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...sal-say-california-parks-are-ready-to-reopen/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!