I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad you started this thread. I’m struggling so much with this situation. Financially we are in a good spot and both working at home. But my anxiety is keeping me from seeing a bright future for us and our kids. I won’t go in to what I’m picturing because I know it might trigger other people, and I know it is the anxiety monster talking. But I’m scared.

I am pretty stressed. My middle child (age 14) is considered high risk with unstable moderate/ severe asthma. During the day I am pretty good- I exercise, keep the kids busy, etc. I just am not sleeping worth a hoot. I will sleep for an hour or two and then wake up and just stare at walls. Ugh. I have set a mental "date" that I expect things to have settled down- it is in mid May, so I just keep plugging away and look ahead to that. It is not easy though. Sigh.

I’m glad you started this thread. I’m struggling so much with this situation. Financially we are in a good spot and both working at home. But my anxiety is keeping me from seeing a bright future for us and our kids. I won’t go in to what I’m picturing because I know it might trigger other people, and I know it is the anxiety monster talking. But I’m scared.

It is so difficult, I try and be so positive around my son, but completely understand what you are saying, I hope each day eases a little.

hugs

I am pretty stressed. My middle child (age 14) is considered high risk with unstable moderate/ severe asthma. During the day I am pretty good- I exercise, keep the kids busy, etc. I just am not sleeping worth a hoot. I will sleep for an hour or two and then wake up and just stare at walls. Ugh. I have set a mental "date" that I expect things to have settled down- it is in mid May, so I just keep plugging away and look ahead to that. It is not easy though. Sigh.
Mine is around mid-May as well. I really hope you're right. Hoping your middle daughter stays safe!

Sleeping, ugh, it’s the beast. I never was one to recall a dream, and now they are nightmares, so much so I wake up and don’t want to go back to sleep.

I hope you and your family, and children stay safe and healthy.

Mine is around mid-May as well. I really hope you're right. Hoping your middle daughter stays safe!

Having no end in sight is incredibly difficult. Mid-May is not out of the question to be past the peak (basing that entirely on random stuff I've read on the internet, of course.) I'm doing one days at a time, one hour at a time, to focus on the problem in front of me, whatever it may be, and not looking to the future right now. I'm afraid to be hopeful. I'll get through this or I won't. I'll suffer devastating loss or I won't. And I expect to experience some of the most difficult times of my life. But I also expect I'll keep ding whatever needs to be done in that moment and all moments thereafter until I can't.

It's been amazing to see how well the people I work with are coping. And all of you. Thank you for continuing to post on these boards, even with no Disney World to be had.

Having no end in sight is incredibly difficult. Mid-May is not out of the question to be past the peak (basing that entirely on random stuff I've read on the internet, of course.) I'm doing one days at a time, one hour at a time, to focus on the problem in front of me, whatever it may be, and not looking to the future right now. I'm afraid to be hopeful. I'll get through this or I won't. I'll suffer devastating loss or I won't. And I expect to experience some of the most difficult times of my life. But I also expect I'll keep ding whatever needs to be done in that moment and all moments thereafter until I can't.

It's been amazing to see how well the people I work with are coping. And all of you. Thank you for continuing to post on these boards, even with no Disney World to be had.

I also for some reason had May, maybe because they delayed school until May 1,st 🤷‍♀️, and I say ok a little over a month, it’s doable. I just get confused when I hear the news about it maybe being sooner, the bans that is.

You are right though, about expecting all thst, at least in my opinion. I’ve been through the worst, to be honest, so I have to keep telling myself this is harder on the rest of the world, it’s like I’m in a fog or a daze,

I sit and accept, and maybe have my head in the sand, but my deck is there waiting for the good weather, and when my pool can be opened, maybe in May, I’ll just float and I’ll be in my zone.

I hope you are safe, amd your family too.😍
i like this thread

i had posted this in the community section: i was tested positive after showing symptoms and still on the mend. if i may vent: what gets me is the denial and outright delusion most ppl have; “oh can’t wait to go back to disney” or “can’t wait for life to go back to normal” there is no normal post coronavirus...even if the number of dead is slowing and places are opening up i’m not going to go to join a crowd or go on an airplane right away. Right now it’s more about social responsibility than leisure and fun. I can tolerate being holed up at home for a while if it saves lives.

i had posted this in the community section: i was tested positive after showing symptoms and still on the mend. if i may vent: what gets me is the denial and outright delusion most ppl have; “oh can’t wait to go back to disney” or “can’t wait for life to go back to normal” there is no normal post coronavirus...even if the number of dead is slowing and places are opening up i’m not going to go to join a crowd or go on an airplane right away. Right now it’s more about social responsibility than leisure and fun. I can tolerate being holed up at home for a while if it saves lives.

How are you feeling ? I hope you have someone to help you get the things you need, food, supplies, etc ?

Vent away, I understand aNd agree with you. It absolutely is about responsibility, it so angers me to see people not listening. 😡 We are all in this together, if we all did our part, but...

My husband lost 3 family members in Italy, and has some still ill, although not critical anymore, we did some life face timing, and i cried so much speaking to them.

I can not speak for everyone posting, but only myself, I post about my deck and pool and ☀️, because it is my safety zone, it gives me hope as well.

Hopefully you are feeling better, I didn’t see your post on the CB, so I am not sure how far you are in your journey. 🌈

I want to thank you all for coping with me. I hope this coronavirus goes away soon.
It will end in due time, TW, in due time. When? We don;t know, but it will end, for sure.

And thank you, TW, for coping with us during this time. :hug:'s

I just wanted to mention that I merged the two coping with COPID-19 together.
I think this is helpful to all of us, i for one am glad they were started.

One of my family members, who lives with me and my spouse, is complaining of a sore throat and feeling nauseous. Hopefully nothing serious but now is a stressful time to have any kind of flu or cold symptoms so I'm worried. I really want to just close my eyes and wake up in a few months when (hopefully) the worst has passed--I think I can ultimately accept whatever happens in this nightmare, but the uncertainty and dreadful anticipation is almost more cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!