I'm so bummed

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
We will be in DL on 3/30, 3/31, and 4/1. I know it is a very busy time of year but that was the only time we could go and not pull our 6yr old out of school. We are going to be visiting family out in the valley and for the sanity of our kids (too much cheek pinching, LOL), decided to spend a few days at DL.

Now, I am hearing reports of it being heinously crowded. I guess I always knew it would be crowded but I don't want to be miserable. The thought of going elbow to elbow with people is really unsettling. I was hoping to ride a few rides with the girls but I can't stand in line for an hour with a 2yr old.

I guess I am just bummed. There have been some stressful issues in my life this past month and I was really looking forward to having a great time. I will go into it with a good attitude but I don't want to be miserable in a sea of people.

Sorry I'm so negative right now - told ya I needed a break! :earsgirl:

I feel so bad for you! I think you'd still have fun - just go with the expectation of busy, and plan not to rush anything. Even on the busiest days - if you go early entry, or as soon as the park normally opens to Fantasyland - you'll still not wait too long for the rides. Fast passes help immensly. Also - DCA is NEVER as crowded as DL - go to DL in the morning and as soon as you feel it's too crowded - go to DCA. It's really not bad there and there are a lot of things for the little ones to do with no lines at all - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - they'll love it. I'm sure you'll have a nice time as long as you know that Spring Break is always busy. Good luck!

AFMom said:
I feel so bad for you! I think you'd still have fun - just go with the expectation of busy, and plan not to rush anything. Even on the busiest days - if you go early entry, or as soon as the park normally opens to Fantasyland - you'll still not wait too long for the rides. Fast passes help immensly. Also - DCA is NEVER as crowded as DL - go to DL in the morning and as soon as you feel it's too crowded - go to DCA. It's really not bad there and there are a lot of things for the little ones to do with no lines at all - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - they'll love it. I'm sure you'll have a nice time as long as you know that Spring Break is always busy. Good luck!
Kristy gave some good suggestions. Getting there early will help so that you can get on some of the more popular rides without waiting too long in line or dealing with crowds. If you plan your day at DL correctly, you'll be able to avoid most of the crowds. Try and go to DL on Wednesday. It usually is less crowded during the midweek vs. the weekend.

Don't let it get you down. After all, you don't want it to spoil your trip, right?

Try getting a subscribtion to RideMaxx.com It will help you plan your day to use your time best. I think it's worth the $12.00 (considering how much it costs to go to Disneyland!!!)

SeansMom said:
Try getting a subscribtion to RideMaxx.com It will help you plan your day to use your time best. I think it's worth the $12.00 (considering how much it costs to go to Disneyland!!!)

I was just going to suggest this! LOL I've heard some great things about it. The website URL is http://www.ridemax.com I've read a few reviews from people who used it during heavy summer crowds and during the late December madness and they never waited in line longer than 15 min. I think. I'm thinking about using it myself, but I think I've figured out a pretty good schedule for us with early entry and fast passes--we're going April 12th-15th.

Ridemax was very helpful to us when we were new to Disneyland (not that long ago at all!). If I could give one piece of advice, if you have any desire to ride Peter Pan do that FIRST thing. That ride never slows down as far as lines go and it is wonderful. Then ride Dumbo next, another ride that never seems to wind down. If you get to the park 30 minutes before it opens, you can be on Main Street at rope drop and get a big head start. Even on very crowded days, if we have gotten there early we have gotten so much done. If you get there early and see huge crowds, don't despair, as soon as all those people get in the park they scatter. We always ride the rides that don't have fastpass first. Then when it gets crowded and the lines get awful we have already ridden those things. Start getting fastpasses early and remember you can use them any time after the return time, just not before. You will have a wonderful time, if you go in with some preplanning and realistic expectations. And if at all possible avoid Saturday if you can! Good luck!

Thanks everyone.

My husband had to have an emergency tooth extraction yesterday so my stress is really high. I think anywhere where I can get away from 'real' life for a while will be great. Crowds or no crowds!
:earboy2: :earboy2: :earboy2: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter