I'm so confused!!

SoleilLoca

planning our next Disney adventure down to the sma
Future bride and disney honeymooner here, and I need some opinions. I am getting married in october and obviously honeymooning at disney, but I can't decide which resort. I've been there plenty of times, but my fiancee hasn't ever been there..so where should we stay for the ultimate romantic disney honeymoon? We already both know the GF is NOT for us (saw it on travel channel-it was beautiful but just not our style). we're debating between WL, BC, or Poly. any tips?

Hello!!

I am also an October bride here, honeymooning at Disney afterwards. Just like you, I have been to Disney theme parks but not my fiance.

Regarding the choice of resorts, the ones that you have listed are all Deluxe resorts and neither of them would go wrong for you. I have heard that Poly is very romantic with its Hawaii tropical theme. But I have heard that it is being renovated. So you have to make sure when you make the reservation. I don't know much about BC and WL, but, like I have said, these are all nice resorts.

My fiance and I will take the Discovery Magic Package and stay at the Coronado Springs Resort since a lot of engaged or newlywed couples have stayed there and enjoyed it. Hopefully when the new codes come out, I will be able to upgrade it to Contemporary...

congratulations!

Hi! We're going with the Wilderness Lodge honeymoon room for our wedding/honeymoon trip to WDW. The honeymoon rooms at the WL are a lot less expensive than the ones at the GF, plus they have a jacuzzi tub and concierge service. We've never done concierge before, so are looking forward to that.
It really depends on the kind of feel you want for your honeymoon. The WL and AKL both seem kind of secluded to me, which we like. And the WL has the MK boats in addition to the bus transportation.
Cheers!
Heather P

I reccomend picking your resort based on where you expect to spend most of your time, as they are all beautiful. If you think you'll be in EPCOT most evenings I would choose Boardwalk. If you think you'll do lots of outdoor recreation, Wilderness Lodge is most convenient. All activities can be accessible, but to avoid spending many honeymoon hours waiting for or on mass transit that is how I would make my final decision.

I split a stay between the Yacht Club and the Polynesian for my honeymoon. I preferred the atmosphere of the Yacht Club more than the Polynesian. The Polynesian was nice but not particuarily romantic or special in my opinion. That said, I would stay there again but we did enjoy the Yacht Club so much more. We also got a complimentary upgrade to concierge level there so the same might happen to you. You just never know :) It just seemed like a much more adult atmosphere and it was so beautiful. The Beach Club is right next door but it was absolutely overflowing with children so if that is a concern you might want to skip the BC. I saw relatively few children on the Yacht Club side. It also has a more elegant atmosphere - which I am not sure that you would like though since you didn't like the GF.

I have stayed at the WL before and think it would be the best choice if you are only considering the Poly, WL and BC. It is dark, rustic looking and romantic.

No matter what you choose make sure you let the reservationist know it is your honeymoon and they will note it on your reservations. We did that and got the upgrade at the YC and a red rose and a certificate at the Poly.

If you CLICK ON THIS LINK you will be taken to the Dreams Unlimited Travel "Around the World in 30 Days Tour" website (Dreams is the owner of the Dis website). Once you're there, search for the links to the resorts that you are interested in. You'll find lots of info, including links to streaming video that was taken at every WDW resort. It should give you an excellent idea of what each of the various resorts has to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter