I'm so full I think I am going to POP!!! Deluxe Dining Trip Report

Thanks guys I am excited to share everything it was a really great trip!!! Alright everyone so as we got off the plane I was able to hop right onto the new My Disney Experience app and grab a lunch reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern this is always one of our favorites so I was excited that there was still a same day reservation :) our plane was ahead of schedule so it was great to get a nice meal in before Dinner.

IMG_5386_zpse9cfc1f2.jpg

I always love the mugs too, they are not glass like they were the last time I was there but they are still pretty cool.
IMG_5397_zps34754441.jpg

IMG_5395_zpsff19ea8a.jpg

Now on to the meal,
I started with the New England Clam Chowder $7.49 it was very good a great way to start the trip, I am not from the East Coast but to me it was great I really would recommend it...
IMG_5413_zpsa3459a9d.jpg

For my entree I went back and forth quite a bit and I ended up going with the New England Pot Roast... Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite - braised beef in a cabernet wine and mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and garden vegetables $18.99
I was very very impressed I had forgotten how much I liked the Liberty Tree Tavern! It was a little cool outside so this comfort food was great!
IMG_5420_zps8679fd53.jpg

The others at my table ordered the Pilgrims' Feast - traditional roast turkey with herb bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and a garden vegetable $15.99
this was good but not as good as my pot roast...
http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Chuckie_Blades/IMG_5416_zpsba8f8b87.jpg/IMG]

For Dessert I could not help myself I ordered the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - vanilla cake with a gooey toffee filling, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce $7.49 this truly is always a favorite and again it impressed me.
[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q750/Chuckie_Blades/IMG_5427_zpsfbe3de73.jpg

My Mom ordered the Martha Washington's Cake - a slice of rich chocolate cake, layered with a liberating chocolate coffee icing $7.99 and again it was good but I ordered the better dessert!
IMG_5428_zps073e3864.jpg

Overall this was a very good meal the atmosphere is fun and you cannot beat the location! I would rate this meal a 7 on a scale of one to 10 it is a good meal but trust me I had much better food :thumbsup2

Thanks, I think for the most part they get better as I go and I used my Cannon DSLR and I have a Nikon point and shoot :)

So once we were finished with Lunch at Liberty Tree we headed over and went through New Fantasyland it was a little detour before dinner that evening :hourglass

Here are just a few pictures of New Fantasyland I thought it was just okay I am not really there target audience so don't listen to me ;)

Tangledtower1_zpsfc56525f.jpg

BelleCastle1_zps8d767bfa.jpg

GastonTavern_zpse32a0215.jpg

BelleCastle2_zps2019d7e5.jpg

LittleCastle1_zpsbfb2ce50.jpg

This last picture is is of my Mom Gaston and me he really was fantastic!!! He asked my dad how he won such a trophy very great character interaction I really recommend it!

IMG_5469_zpsd9ad2836.jpg

Now on to the real fun... Dinner :thumbsup2

So after New Fantasyland we went back to our resort got our room I really recommend a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside it really is worth it!!! Riverside is one of our favorite resorts and this little upgrade makes it even better :thumbsup2
After getting settled in we took a bus and headed over to Hollywood Studios we were headed to the Hollywood Brown Derby for the first time...

I love the outside of this restaurant and think that it is way to often over looked as we went inside I really loved the decor it really is one of my favorite restaurants on property just purely on decor alone I thought that it was great!!!

IMG_6311_zps4f45b2af.jpg

IMG_6300_zps758f6b5e.jpg

HollywoodBrownDerby1_zps08beda4f.jpg

DSCN0471_zps4d45dbd6.jpg

DSCN0469_zpsfb690438.jpg

As we started out we were asked if we wanted to participate in the Fantasmic Dinner Package I really had heard mixed things about it but it did not cost us any extra meal credits or any more money so I thought it was worth a try :thumbsup2

Apps:

Our Famous Cobb Salad - with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing - appetizer $8.00 : This was pretty good I am not a real big salad person so I thought it was good but my Mom said she could easily order this as her entree and be very very happy!

DSCN0453_zps4b6f3859.jpg

For my App I ordered the Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls - snow crab claw and a Asian slaw with spicy miso aioli $13.00 these were incredible!!! I really went back and forth on what to order and our server suggested it I really was very very pleased with his suggestion! I really like snow crab so if you don't this probably is not the best option but if you do this really is a must!
DSCN0455_zpsf5dab381.jpg

Entrees:

Everyone at the table ordered the Charred-glazed Filet of Beef - with a red wine reduction, topped with a cabernet and roasted shallot butter, over white truffle oil wild forest mushroom mashed potato $42.00 This was again incredible I really was not to sure about ordering a Filet here but it was AMAZING we actually gave our complements to the chef and he came out and thanked us personally!!! I think this Filet rivals most any Filet anywhere really was incredible!!!
DSCN0459_zpsf60d549b.jpg

Dessert:

I was completely full but I mean I could never pass up dessert right? I ordered the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower - on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster $9.00 and my Mom ordered the Grapefruit Cake - Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit-Cream Cheese Icing $8.00 both were really incredible!!!
DSCN0481_zpse4c1cb0d.jpg

DSCN0483_zpsb92de6c7.jpg

I really have to be honest and say from the decor to the food to the service this restaurant is TOP NOTCH!!! Really I cannot say how much I recommend it to anyone! Family's, Couples, really anyone it is a GEM!!! I rate the meal a 10 out of 10 really really fantastic!!!

Mmmmmmm, I want a Cobb salad now! Or maybe a steak. Or maybe...

Off to a great start :) Love the photo with Gaston, lol.

So after dinner we watched Fantasmic I have to say I will not watch it any other way than with the dinner package! I thought the seats were great and the meal at Brown Derby was fantastic! I feel the same way about Wishes I will only watch it from California Grill or Narcoossees, I really want Epcot to make a quality restaurant to watch Illuminations but I digress :offtopic:

So as I woke up the following morning I was looking forward to the Opening Day of Epcot's 20th Annual Flower and Garden Festival :thumbsup2 This is one of my favorite events each year and I have gone to quite a few of them! There were quite a few really cool topiaries I have quite a few pictures I will share overall it was a fun opening day and it passed the time before Le Cellier :hourglass

DSCN1041_zpsebe22a7e.jpg

DSCN1072_zps23c3db66.jpg

DSCN1078_zps5bf11e3a.jpg

DSCN1077_zpsf331ef2e.jpg

DSCN1081_zpse41aab57.jpg

DSCN1097_zpsce928dbc.jpg

DSCN1084_zps3929aa3a.jpg

DSCN1087_zpsf1b93176.jpg

I will post more pictures later in the report but these were my opening morning pictures!!!

Great HBD review! I am eating there in 20 days and am so excited! I will definitely be getting the grapefruit cake and salad. The steak looks delicious!

Rachel you have to try the Grapefruit cake for sure :) I think it is right around 50$ to do the Fantasmic Meal Package and you get any app entree and dessert I think it is well well worth that!!!

Can't wait for more! You've just encouraged me to change one of my ADR's to the Brown Derby!

starousse thanks for joining in!!!

Now onto lunch at Le Cellier :thumbsup2 I have to preface this by saying I never eaten at Le Cellier when it was not a signature I have eaten there a few times as one but I never was able to get in when it was not. I am saying this because so many seem to think "it is not what it once was" or "its over priced" but to me this restaurant is FANTASTIC really blew Yachtsman out of the water (you will see this when I review it later) now onto the review :woohoo:

Okay so we had just walked all around the Flower and Garden Festival so I was starving!!! I really think the walk up to Le Cellier is beautiful and rarely crowded I love that it makes me feel like I am somewhere else

DSCN1107_zps8c5f3f1f.jpg

DSCN1108_zpsab7b3af0.jpg

DSCN1110_zps2146be82.jpg

These new menus were really cool if you have been to Skyline on the Disney Dream or Fantasy they were similar ( Personally I liked Skylines better because they were actual LED menus and Le Cellier was just a paper on a light but either way it was neat)

DSCN1118_zpsce5fab1b.jpg

DSCN1119_zpsdfb8c4f9.jpg

Now onto the food!

Apps:
Heirloom Tomato Salad - Mozzarella, Watermelon, and Minus "8" Vinegar $12.00 This was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The tomatoes are actual vine ripened tomatoes and they are grown in the Land they really were the best app and they were really the best Tomato's I personally have ever eaten!
DSCN1124_zpsca2d6da5.jpg

Seared Scallops - with Butternut Squash, Red Pepper Jam, Pickled Mushrooms, and Rice Vinegar Gastrique $14.00 These were just average the flavors were good but the scallops were not they were chewy and really I struggled to eat two...I love scallops but these left quite a lot to be desired :(

DSCN1126_zps81332d4b.jpg

Assortment of Artisanal Cheese - with Chef's Selection of Dried Fruits and Preserves $14.00 This cheese plate was okay not great not nearly as good as Flying Fish or Artist Point but it was Okay

DSCN1128_zps7afcad0a.jpg

Now onto the BEST Part Entrees:

Okay so I know whenever you go to Le Cellier you have to order the Filet with the Risotto this is what my parents both ordered and they both said it is still the best steak on property hands down!!!
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - 8 oz. Canadian AAA Beef Tenderloin with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle butter sauce and micro chervil $43.00

DSCN1136_zpsd4620548.jpg

Now I really have always agreed with my parents that that Filet is the best however the waitress recommended the
Grilled Bone-in Ribeye - 18-20 oz. bone-in ribeye with herb-parmesan potato wedges and roasted garlic butter $46.00
I really thought she was crazy! Over the coveted Le Cellier Filet??? But she told me she could get me the Ribeye with the risotto and white truffle butter sauce I took a chance....
DSCN1130_zps98ba6a0b.jpg

OKAY LET ME TELL YOU THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Honestly this blew my mind I cannot say how great it was!!! Really I was in seventh heaven!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Dessert:
No desserts really sounded great to me so she let me order a tea I am a really big tea fan and this was pretty darn good :)
DSCN1144_zpse3b27ca6.jpg

My Mom ordered something I cannot remember what it was called but it was pretty good
DSCN1146_zpsd0f5788a.jpg

Okay so here is my two cents... The steak at Le Cellier is really incredible in my opinion the best on property honestly the Ribeye was the best thing I have ever eaten in my entire life! So Entrees I would give Le Cellier a 10 I also love the atmosphere and my service was FANTASTIC too! However the Dessert and the Apps are not always the best so I would give this a 9.5 out of 10 really really great place I think anyone who likes steak at all should go to Le Cellier:thumbsup2:

How funny, I also have a picture of the Grapefruit cake in my recent trip report. :rotfl:

Did someone say Disney food? I am a complete foodie, but the people I usually go with to Disney aren't... meaning, my husband and kids. So nice to see someone who knows where to get the good stuff on property! Brown Derby is the BEST!

SMWfamily lol food is why we go to Disney right??? But I am in the middle of planning my next trip and it is for my brothers 9th birthday so I guess he chooses the restaurants :confused3 but I am managing to sneak in California Grill if its open :scratchin if not we will do Narcoossees for his actual birthday and then I am also going to do Citrico's so I cannot complain too much I guess :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!