I'm starting to get nervous now (some nervous rambling, some venting)

Well, as I said, if we need it, getting it isn't a problem. It would just take more than 12 hours notice! Like, 48 would be nice. :p

Mortgage closings ALWAYS involve horror stories. Now, you'll have one too! :p

I'm trying to remember the sequence of our first closing fiasco.

We had written a check on our St. Louis bank account to pay for the carpet upgrade in the Las Vegas house. The check was written in April. The closing was in September.

BUT

They don't cash the carpet check until they lay the carpet which is the LAST thing they do. The mortgage company wanted proof that we had paid for the upgrade. A copy of the written check wouldn't do. They wanted proof it had cleared -- which had just happened in the past day. We were in Las Vegas and our St. Louis bank wouldn't fax bank statements without something or another that we absolutely couldn't do in time. I can't remember what it was. I sat there on the phone with the bank supervisor going on and on with my tale of woe. Finally, she agreed to fax the info.

Then we went to the wrong building for the closing. Ended up being quite late.

The title company called an hour after we were done and said they made a mistake!!! And we owed more money!!! And it had to be a cashier's check!!! We went to our bank and had a check made out. Went to the title company, gave it to the receptionist and she said it was made out to the wrong company!!!! It was supposed to be something like "Nevada Title" and the bank had written "Title Company." We had raced out of the bank without checking it!!! To tell you the truth, I don't remember if we went and got a new check or if we begged the company to take it. Oh wait, I do remember. I told them they'd have to take a plain check and they did. Then we went back to the bank and showed them the mistake and had the money credited back to our account (and the fee also).

See. Closing is the pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter