I'm taking my mom to DW!!!

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
I have a week vacation coming up in may ,but, my husband has a lot of work and he can't go anywhere.I was trying to figure out what to do.I thought about visiting some friends at Miami ,then I talked to my mom and she said that if I needed a traveling companion she would love to come with me and I realized that I still have days left on my PH,so, I just called my mom and asked her if she wanted to come to DW as a Mother's Day present and she got so excited!!! As kids,my mom used to take us all the time,but, she has not been since 1984!! She has not seen MGM or AK!!

This is going to be a budget trip 4days,3 nights or 5days ,4nights.We will probably have a day for Epcot,one day for MGM,one day AK and that leaves no time for MK.I noticed that they have e-ride on one of the nights we will be there and I know that we need a ticket for the MK,since we will both have PH ,Can we go to AK during the day and go to the E-ride that night?? Or are we supposed to be at MK on that day in order to be able to get tkts for e-ride?? We will be staying onsite ,so, that won't be a problem. Sorry,if this is a silly question,I'm pretty sure we will be ok,but, I just need some reasurance.:earsgirl:

First off you are a really great daughter!
You can go to a different park like AK (they close at 5 pm usually anyway) and then head over to the MK before they officially close. You must be in the park before they close, plus you don't want to waste any valueable e-night time waiting in line for your bracelet! When you get in stand in line with your e-night ticket voucher and they will give you a bracelet to enjoy the rest of the night in the MK. That is a great way to fit MK into your schedule.

My sis, bro-law and me are also taking my mom to WDW for mothers day! I think it is the most perfect way to celebrate and honor a mother for being so wonderful! I think the only place to pick up e-night tickets is at WDW (please correct me if I am wrong, all of you who are out there!). Have fun and treasure these awesome memories! Hope to see you there! (look for the green ribbons!)

pixiechick:bounce:

Thank you!!! That is the exact info I was looking for. I didn't know we had to be at MK by closing time.I really appreciate your prompt response.Now, I guess I gotta add another countdown clock. I'm really looking foward to spending time with my mom and showing her "The World".

I just realized it's been 19 years!!! :eek: Yikes!!!!

I am doing a similar thing. My parents took us to WDW every year from 1972-1985. Many years we would go twice. They always let us bring a friend for the week, too. My mom hasn't been since March of 1985. Anyway our dream resort was always the Poly but we could never afford it. We always camped and we loved it. I got a great AP rate last Monday for the Poly and asked my mom if she wanted to go. She was SO excited she started crying. She is just beside herself. We have to rent an ECV because her mobility is not good at all. She and my girls are really looking forward to this all girl trip. Have a wonderful time with your mom. We are hoping for an enight in June.

My Mom and I are going in October! We used to go to DL often when I was in college. I mean, we went a lot as a family when I was a child and in high school, but probably 5-6 times we went, just her and I (dad wasn't as big of a fan) and bond. We took a huge family trip to the World in March and she fell in love with it. So, we're going back, just her and I this October! It will be great! Mo DH offered to stay back with our two boys so we could have some nice time to relax. I can't wait!

We are taking my husbands parents in May. I am so excited!!! My mil has never been on a plane before so this is really going to be an experience for her. Neither of them have been to WDW and my boys 8&5 are so excited to show their grandparents around :D

We are taking my mom for the first time in December. She just cannot understand why I (and my fiance to some degree) love it there so much. She keeps saying she will go when she has grandkids, but I finally convinced her that she really should experience WDW first without kids. She just has no concept of how big it is. I am really excited about this trip and I hope she falls in love with it as much as I have. Have a great trip with your mom and be sure to write a trip report!

E-night tickets can be purchased at your WDW resort when you check in. I believe that some DTD hotels also provide this.

I'm taking my mom too! We're going for a long weekend in October for the Food and Wine Festival. My parents took us twice as kids, but haven't been back since (the last trip was in 91). I would have liked to take both my parents, but the main idea behind us going is the f&w festival, and that's not my dad's thing. Plus, I need time to bond with mom.

I think it's great that so many of us grown up kids return the favor. When I took myself for the first time as an adult, I told my dad "Thank you. I don't know how you did it. I could barely afford to take myself, and you took a family of four twice." It brought a tear to his eye and he said "I knew someday you'd appreciate it." I think it's nice to give back :)

I took my mom as a birthday gift two years ago. It is our favorite vacation spot. We act like children and get wraooed up in all the Disney Magic!!!! Have a great time with your mom!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

What I would do is do a day each at MGM and Epcot and AK and MK (e-night) on the same day. Check mousesavers.com to see if there are any codes you can use. Have fun! My mom is leaving for BWI in 2 days. Wish I was going!!

I took my Mom in Feb. and now in Nov. I'm taking my Mom and Dad.. It's great to treat those who have treated you so much in the past.
One Question though..
I have read about E-nights on the boards before and I really have no idea what they are.. anyone like to help someone who is a little confused????

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!