I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

It's the system that you use. Inches. Feet. Yards. Miles. Etc...

I realize that. I just didn't know that it was called the Imperial System.

Hmmm... that might make a world of difference.

And they're only $1.49. We get two tacos and an order of fries for less than $5.

I'll ingest something lethal too... then you'll have some 'splainin' to do!

Suicide <> Murder

Ah. Figured oboe or clarinet... looked a bit more like the former (to me) in the photo.

Oboe is one of the few instruments she doesn't play.

That people took it.

They were the smart ones.

Okay, so... why does she carry them around all the time????

I'm not sure, but they come in handy quite often. We use them a lot at home to open boxes, for packing eBay stuff, opening boxes of cat litter....

Hope you're having a great time!

You've been reading about it!

Um.... one word. WOW!!!
You guys look amazing! Seriously! Wonderful!!

Thank you! :blush:

Oh, man. That room looks amazing.
I would seriously fly out for one day (and damn the expense) to do something like that.
I love stuff like that!

If they do it again or something similar, I will let you know.

No way!!! And yet... Disney... I'm not surprised it's so cool! :)

It was totally cool!

Yeah... I'll pass on pumpkin.

I'm not a fan either.

You're right... doesn't look amazing, but... there's a puddle of drool now at my feet.

:laughing:

Oh, no! I'm drowning in drool! Help! Help!

I'll throw you a lifesaver!

Wish I could've seen that!

Wish I could remember more of the cool things. There was a lot of wine, did I mention that?

Okay, now they're just getting ridiculous. Ridiculously amazing, I mean!

::yes::

I usually don't point out typos, but I'll make an exception here. It should be:
This is a very good one of me, Fran and I look great

Well thank you.

Love this pose!

I've gotten a couple comments on this one.

The Madame Leota’s Masquerade Ball looked like a wonderful event and your costumes were fabulous.

Thanks. It was so much fun!

Somehow in this last lost year I've fallen totally off the TR grid. I managed to get through this one all in one swoop.

Wow! At least this was a shorter one since we were only at Disney for a few days.

So I put you in my calendar for Sunday the 22nd.

Spot on for the event! You guys look great! So regal!

Thanks!

Lucky you! Assigned seating?

Yes, it was assigned seating.

I think this would be right up my alley

You can have all my pumpkin

That looks super delish, nice colours too

It was very delish!

You had such a great seat!

I know! We lucked out.

Super creative!

I have never done a Tarot reading

What a fun evening, thanks for sharing!

I don't think I have either. You're welcome.

We ate at Toothsome a couple of years ago as a stop on the way to the Everglades. We all liked it well enough. On this Universal trip, we had all our meals on Disney property! :rotfl2: I'll probably do a mini-write up when I finish with the PNW trip.

I noticed that you seemed to be eating at a lot of Disney restaurants in your FB posts!

I've been cheating on Southwest lately. They just don't seem to have very low prices for us anymore.

Huh, with free luggage and the extra seat person of size policy, their prices seem to work out for us.

I am really sorry that I haven't been around here very much... Work was crazy (and still will be for the foreseeable future as I might move on to a new job soon, a promotion hopefully).

Well hopefully your promotion comes through! Michael was very proud of you.

I absolutely adored your costumes for the event! You both look amazing!

Thank you very much!

Off to the new trip report now!

And now it's time for your cameo!

About a month after the last post, we spent an extended weekend out at the Grand with some friends. This had been several years in the planning. M&M knew that they would be taking an extensive trip which included a month of traveling, a vow renewal (or second marriage) in Hawaii, and ended with a week in Southern California. Their final weekend, which was in mid November, would be spent at the Grand with us. They rented some of our points for a studio, and at 11 months I booked a two bedroom lockoff for all of us. That way they truly had their own room, but whenever we wanted we could open up the common door, it was like we were all staying in one cozy room, with separate bedrooms. It worked out quite well and we were able to spend some nice time together with plenty of time to our own respective spouses as well.

As is usual when staying out at the Grand, Fran and I didn’t make it there until around 5PM, so the room was ready, and we were lucky enough to have access to the Concierge lounge, which worked out to be a very nice perk!

We found this little treat waiting for us when we checked into the room.

We spent the evening enjoying the lounge and catching up with everyone since it had been a couple years since we had all seen each other. They’re not big on group pictures, so you’ll just have to believe me!

The next day we started with a lovely breakfast before going out into the park.

Since today was going to be our lowest crowd day, we decided to hit as many rides as we could. Fran wasn’t feeling very well, and decided to stay in the room to sleep. We started on Hyperspace Mountain, somehow I missed getting the ride photo….

Then both M&M wanted to ride It's a Small World all decked out for Christmas.

We were able to ride Alice In Wonderland with a minimal wait, and Peter Pan too! Our next ride was MF:SR

Do you remember earlier in this TR when we were at DHS and I wondered if we had a rock outcropping at Batuu West? Well here it is! A little different shaped, but there is an outcropping.

M&M had already decided that they wanted lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo. I hadn’t eaten there in a long time, so that was nice. I ordered the Burrito Sonora with Beef (with Refried Beans, Rice and Cheese wrapped in a Flour Tortilla and topped with a traditional Guajillo Sauce served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans).

I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Here is a cross section of my lunch.

Magdalene got the Tostada Salad with Chicken.

While Michael got the same, but with beef instead.

We were also joined by brother Gary and Mom, someone ordered soup, and not sure what else, but everyone was plenty full.

After that we went on BTMRR, Pirates, and Indy before we hopped over to DCA. We went on Guardians next and got “We Got the Funk” for our song on Guardians. Now Michael is not a fan of having his picture online, so I’ve disguised him in all the ride photos so as not to blow his cover!

At this point I went to check on Fran back in the room. I brought her some snacks from the lounge and then went back to meet up with everyone. I got a drink and waited while they did Soarin & RSR, and then joined me for another drink.

Then we went up to watch WoC. I know I’m not being a very good TR writer, but we were just enjoying each other’s company and I just didn’t end up taking a lot of photos! I did take photos of our dessert after the show.

Friday

We had a leisurely morning, in fact I think this was the day that M and I hung out over coffee just talking for over an hour. On our way out of the hotel, I took this picture of the Gingerbread house, which was still under construction at the time of our visit.

I had made us a reservation at the Cantina since they were already on vacation when the announced that you could make reservations 60 days in advance. We got there right around 1PM. There was a funny situation in line as I was telling Michael about my experience in Florida with the guy who didn’t like Californians. A woman behind us in line was from San Francisco, and based on our discussion (politics, which aren’t allowed here), we all bonded!

We each had one drink, I bought the round because Liesa really wanted the Beer Flight mug. I don’t care for beer, and had Fran been feeling up to it (she was still sick) she would have drank it. Instead Magdalene offered to drink the beer. Michael got a non-alcoholic drink, and I got my favorite Jedi Mind Trick.

After that we rode the Haunted Mansion since we missed it the day before. I did actually get a shot of the Gingerbread House for the 50th!

We got on Star Tours next, and then rode Hyperspace Mountain. This time I got the picture.

They wanted to watch the parade, while I had an appointment for Fran. Remember that last month after we got off the airplane we picked up hatbox ghost mugs? Well we got a few extra so that we could trade with other people. One of my FB friends had picked up the Grog Grotto version of the mug, and she just happened to be at DL this weekend so in the lobby of the Grand, I made Fran’s mug trade and brought it back to the room.

After the parade I met up with M&M at the lounge for drinks and then to the fireworks. The Castle is so beautiful when it is all lit up at Christmas!

After the fireworks, I said goodbye to M&M and went back to the room to get Fran up. Liesa was arriving at LAX on one of the last flights and we had offered to pick her up. She said that she could just take an Uber, but in the past week or so LAX changed the rules for taxis, uber, and Lyft. They could not go into the airport to pick up passengers any longer. Passengers would go to a central location and that's where they get the vehicles. The first week was a disaster. With us already having a late return to the hotel, I didn't want Liesa to get caught up in that mess and possibly not make it to the room until 3AM. As it was I think we got back at 1AM.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Saturday

This morning we were invited to a special event. Christmas was officially kicking off and there were some fun times to be had. M&M were going on a special shopping spree courtesy of a CM friend, so we entertained ourselves. Since it involved merchandise, Fran felt miraculously better. Now you might know that one of Walt Disney's favorite drinks was the Tom & Jerry. Here's a recipe that I found on the internet.

Tom & Jerry

SERVES 10

INGREDIENTS

For the batter:

1 cup granulated sugar
3 large egg yolks
1 ounce aged rum
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Pinch ground cloves
3 large egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

For the punch:

1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) Cognac or brandy
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) aged rum
2 1/2 cups (20 ounces) hot whole milk
Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS

Make the batter: Place the sugar, egg yolks, rum, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in a large bowl and whisk until the sugar is mostly dissolved; set aside. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl and whisk or beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the beaten egg whites to the bowl of egg yolks and gently fold until combined.

For a single serving: Place 1/2 cup of the batter in a heated mug. Add 1 ounce of Cognac or brandy and 1 ounce of rum and stir gently to just combine but not deflate the batter. Add 2 ounces of hot milk, stir gently to combine, and garnish with grated nutmeg.

You could order a single drink or a mug and bowl set.

It was a very tasty drink!

Santa was there taking pictures as well and Fran and I came dressed in our holiday festive outfits.

We ordered some onion rings, but no one wanted to fill up as we had a big dinner coming.

After we had our drinks and acquired merchandise, we headed back to the room. Fran still felt a little bit under the weather and wanted to nap some before dinner. We're not quite sure what happened to M&M but they were still gone when we returned to the room. Liesa and I decided to go to Trader Sam's and see if they had any hatbox ghost mugs left. Turned out they had one, so she got it. I have a bad feeling about what happened to it because she made a cryptic comment a while back that leads me to believe that it did not fare so well.

I believe that I ordered a Mosquito Mojito

All afternoon I had been texting with @LesleyWake who was in DTD with a friend doing the Void experience. They were talking about meeting up with us. However, after our drinks Liesa and I were so tired that we just finished the drinks and went back to the room. We both laid down and fell asleep immediately. Lesley texted me around 3:30 and we had already been asleep for about half an hour.

Our reservation at Club 33 was for 5:30, so we all got dressed up and made our way over there.

When we placed our orders, we mentioned that we had seating for F! and needed to keep on a schedule. Everyone started off with a drink. Fran and I got a margarita and a Belvedere Gibson up, respectively.

Our Amuse Bouche was Pumpkin hummus with Tzatziki and crispy garbanzo beans

It was OK for a bite, I'm not sure I would have wanted more than that.

So when I ordered, there was nothing on the second course that I wanted, instead I ordered two things from the first section. Here was the first mishap. I ordered the Pacific White Shrimp Stuffed with Maryland Crab, Avocado Coulis, Pomegranate but our server set it down in front of Fran. I think we did end up splitting both but I was the one who ordered this dish.

She had ordered Sauteed Coastal Mushrooms, Watercress Coulis, Lemon Butter, both dishes were very good.

For the second course I had ordered Sauteed Saint Pierre, Sungold Tomato Broth, Leeks, Truffle but instead he plunks this piece of salmon down in front of me.

Ummmm….I don't eat salmon. Fran offers to eat it for me, and I wait while they make me what I ordered.

It was delicious, but I think with the delay on my course this was when Mr. Cynical began to question whether our timing for the show was being threatened.

Our third course arrived. I ordered Orecchiette Pasta & Fennel Sausage, Roasted Broccoli, and Ricotta Salata. This was very good!

Guess what he served Fran? Sauteed Salmon, Cauliflower Velvet, Salmon Caviar.

Liesa ordered the Pheasant Rarebit, Forest Mushrooms, Merlot Jus.

I know that it was not what she was expecting, but she'll have to comment on whether or not she liked it.

Then we were served a palate cleanser Spiced Apple Sorbet with mint. It was good and definitely cleansed the palate!

Then our main courses were served. Fran ordered a special they were having that evening which was some sort of swordfish steak with a crab claw. She really enjoyed this.

I got the Bacon Crusted Filet Mignon, Harvest Onions, Hasselback Potatoes. This was definitely a good choice, but there was no way I could finish it.

Liesa got the Roasted Roulade of Chicken, Cranberry Kumquat Relish, Colcannon Potatoes. I believe she enjoyed this, but also suffered my same fate of being very full.

By the time we finished our main, we had about 10 minutes until we had to be in our seats. Our server was wheeling out a cart with our desserts. At this point we were not really interested scarfing down our desserts and bolting. Fran stepped in and explained this calmly and said that we would come back after the show to finish our desserts.

As always F! was a great show, and then we ventured back upstairs to have dessert.

Most of the group ordered the Warm Citrus Upside Down Cake, Blood Orange Sorbet which ended up being the clear winner. I was a little put off when they said that it was Vegan, but perhaps I should have given it a try.

I ordered the Baked Warrn Pear Tart, Creme Fresh Chantilly, Almond Frangipane. There was nothing wrong with it, the others just seemed more pleased with their dessert than me.

Before we left I took an embarrassing picture. Don't you hate it when another gal shows up to the party wearing the same dress as you?

I don't remember if others stayed in the park, but I know we went back to the room. Even though I got a nap earlier, I was still pretty tired.

Sunday

When we woke up it was the last day of long travels for M&M. And Fran and I would be checking out of the hotel as well. I believe, that morning, Liesa, Magdalene, and I went for coffee and breakfast, but since M had a flight to catch, we couldn't linger for long. Once we checked out of the room undecided to take a couple spins on Guardians of the Galaxy. The first ride I got Jackson 5, I Want You Back.

On my second ride I got Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf.

We picked up some merchandise, and while they were wrapping up the glassware I enjoyed this coffee beverage. While I was sipping my beverage, I had a discussion with a CM about a dessert at S55 which will make an appearance on my next bonus feature!

When we went back outside it was just too hot for our taste at Disney so we just picked up our bags from Bell Services and went home.

The next day we started with a lovely breakfast before going out into the park.
Nice spread! Beats having to get up and make it yourself.
I love the overlay they have there!
Now Michael is not a fan of having his picture online, so I’ve disguised him in all the ride photos so as not to blow his cover!
Nicely done!
At this point I went to check on Fran back in the room. I brought her some snacks from the lounge and then went back to meet up with everyone.
I love that about the GCH's location. So convenient going to and from the parks without taking much time at all!
After the parade I met up with M&M at the lounge for drinks and then to the fireworks. The Castle is so beautiful when it is all lit up at Christmas!
With us already having a late return to the hotel, I didn't want Liesa to get caught up in that mess and possibly not make it to the room until 3AM. As it was I think we got back at 1AM.
Oh wow! You're a good friend to volunteer to help her out like that!
Since it involved merchandise, Fran felt miraculously better.
:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:
By the time we finished our main, we had about 10 minutes until we had to be in our seats. Our server was wheeling out a cart with our desserts. At this point we were not really interested scarfing down our desserts and bolting. Fran stepped in and explained this calmly and said that we would come back after the show to finish our desserts.

As always F! was a great show, and then we ventured back upstairs to have dessert.
Sorry the service seemed to be a bit off that evening. Still, a meal with friends at Club 33 and getting to see Fantasmic. I can think of worse ways to spend an evening.
When we woke up it was the last day of long travels for M&M. And Fran and I would be checking out of the hotel as well. I believe, that morning, Liesa, Magdalene, and I went for coffee and breakfast, but since M had a flight to catch, we couldn't linger for long.
Nice little send off. I'm glad you all had an opportunity to spend some quality time together!
When we went back outside it was just too hot for our taste at Disney so we just picked up our bags from Bell Services and went home.
The joy of being a local. "It's too hot, let's go home."

I always love seeing your amazing special meals! You do manage to find the super-special ones. I especially love your outfits for the masquerade.

Going back a few updates, I have to admit to also being mystified about Fran's box cutters. But as soon as you mentioned that one was in her clarinet case, I had to figure they were for trimming reeds. I can see where it would become natural to start carrying them around on a regular basis.

I realize that. I just didn't know that it was called the Imperial System.
I vote you change it to the First Order System.
Which would make Metric the Rebel Alliance System?
And they're only $1.49. We get two tacos and an order of fries for less than $5.
:sad2:
I can hardly get a fountain drink for under $5.
Suicide <> Murder
I'll leave an incriminating note, too.
Oboe is one of the few instruments she doesn't play.
That double reed looks... intimidating.
I'm not sure, but they come in handy quite often. We use them a lot at home to open boxes, for packing eBay stuff, opening boxes of cat litter....
THEN LEAVE THEM AT HOME!!!!

You've been reading about it!
If they do it again or something similar, I will let you know.
You will??? Really??? :)
(You don't have to. Not trying to invite myself to your party (yes I know it's not "yours"), but... I'd do all I could to go!)
I'll throw you a lifesaver!

That's a lot of drool!
Wish I could remember more of the cool things. There was a lot of wine, did I mention that?

M&M knew that they would be taking an extensive trip which included a month of traveling, a vow renewal (or second marriage) in Hawaii, and ended with a week in Southern California.
Wow! Big trip! And an entire month! Wow! I dream of that. And have plans to do so when I'm closer to retirement.
I booked a two bedroom lockoff for all of us.
Took me a while to figure out what you meant by that.
That way they truly had their own room, but whenever we wanted we could open up the common door, it was like we were all staying in one cozy room, with separate bedrooms.
Sounds like a really good set up. :)
We found this little treat waiting for us when we checked into the room.
Yum! That looks tasty!
Fran wasn’t feeling very well, and decided to stay in the room to sleep.
Sorry to hear that.
You know... I would to. While I might still do it wearing ear buds, I'd like to see the overlay.
I wondered if we had a rock outcropping at Batuu West? Well here it is! A little different shaped, but there is an outcropping.
I'll take your word for it that it's different!
M&M had already decided that they wanted lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo.
Never heard of it!
I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Here is a cross section of my lunch.
That looks really good. I'd have that too.
We were also joined by brother Gary and Mom,
Magdalene or Michael's mom/brother?
Michael is not a fan of having his picture online, so I’ve disguised him in all the ride photos so as not to blow his cover!
He looks like a bobblehead! :laughing:
I know I’m not being a very good TR writer, but we were just enjoying each other’s company and I just didn’t end up taking a lot of photos!
pfftt… you're not getting paid to do this. Take as many or as little photos as you want!
Cute cupcake.
We had a leisurely morning, in fact I think this was the day that M and I hung out over coffee just talking for over an hour.
:) That sounds nice... and relaxing.
Remember that last month after we got off the airplane we picked up hatbox ghost mugs? Well we got a few extra so that we could trade with other people. One of my FB friends had picked up the Grog Grotto version of the mug, and she just happened to be at DL this weekend so in the lobby of the Grand, I made Fran’s mug trade and brought it back to the room.
I do remember. Nice you got to trade. :)
The Castle is so beautiful when it is all lit up at Christmas!

Pretty!
She said that she could just take an Uber, but in the past week or so LAX changed the rules for taxis, uber, and Lyft. They could not go into the airport to pick up passengers any longer. Passengers would go to a central location and that's where they get the vehicles. The first week was a disaster.
Oh, man. I'm not surprised. Yikes!
As it was I think we got back at 1AM.
That was very nice of you. :)
Since it involved merchandise, Fran felt miraculously better.
:rolleyes1
the Tom & Jerry. Here's a recipe that I found on the internet.
Holy crap! :faint:
Santa was there taking pictures as well and Fran and I came dressed in our holiday festive outfits.
You guys look great. :)
Did Santa ask if you'd been good?

No... of course not. He always knows.
Liesa and I decided to go to Trader Sam's and see if they had any hatbox ghost mugs left. Turned out they had one, so she got it. I have a bad feeling about what happened to it because she made a cryptic comment a while back that leads me to believe that it did not fare so well.
Uh, oh...
However, after our drinks Liesa and I were so tired that we just finished the drinks and went back to the room. We both laid down and fell asleep immediately.
Awwww... 😴
When we placed our orders, we mentioned that we had seating for F! and needed to keep on a schedule.
Thought this might be foreshadowing...
Fran and I got a margarita and a Belvedere Gibson up, respectively.
I know who's is whose. :)
Our Amuse Bouche was Pumpkin hummus with Tzatziki and crispy garbanzo beans
Pumpkin again?
Here was the first mishap. I ordered the Pacific White Shrimp Stuffed with Maryland Crab, Avocado Coulis, Pomegranate but our server set it down in front of Fran. I think we did end up splitting both but I was the one who ordered this dish.
Hmmm... not the worst thing. I mean... you can just move the plate. But... would've expected better.
She had ordered Sauteed Coastal Mushrooms, Watercress Coulis, Lemon Butter,
Yum! I'd order that one.
For the second course I had ordered Sauteed Saint Pierre, Sungold Tomato Broth, Leeks, Truffle but instead he plunks this piece of salmon down in front of me.
What? What is going on there???
Our third course arrived. I ordered Orecchiette Pasta & Fennel Sausage, Roasted Broccoli, and Ricotta Salata. This was very good!
Hey, look! You got something you actually ordered!

:rolleyes2
I might order that as well.
Fran ordered a special they were having that evening which was some sort of swordfish steak with a crab claw.
Lots of seafood for Fran that day.
I got the Bacon Crusted Filet Mignon, Harvest Onions, Hasselback Potatoes.
I'd definitely order that!!
By the time we finished our main, we had about 10 minutes until we had to be in our seats. Our server was wheeling out a cart with our desserts. At this point we were not really interested scarfing down our desserts and bolting.
No, I would think not!
Fran stepped in and explained this calmly and said that we would come back after the show to finish our desserts.
Oh! Didn't know you could do that. Smart. ::yes::
Most of the group ordered the Warm Citrus Upside Down Cake, Blood Orange Sorbet which ended up being the clear winner.
I love the sound of the sorbet... not so much the upside down cake.
I ordered the Baked Warrn Pear Tart, Creme Fresh Chantilly, Almond Frangipane. There was nothing wrong with it, the others just seemed more pleased with their dessert than me.
I think I'd have ordered that as well... but the sorbet does sound good.
Before we left I took an embarrassing picture. Don't you hate it when another gal shows up to the party wearing the same dress as you?

:lmao:

x19DL1113MM01.jpg
I enjoyed a little piece of that nut cluster. Mmm, choco!

I ordered the Burrito Sonora with Beef (with Refried Beans, Rice and Cheese wrapped in a Flour Tortilla and topped with a traditional Guajillo Sauce served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans).

That's what I had too the next day. Soooooooooooooo yummy!!

On our way out of the hotel, I took this picture of the Gingerbread house, which was still under construction at the time of our visit.

I think by weekend's end it was all done.

We each had one drink, I bought the round because Liesa really wanted the Beer Flight mug. I don’t care for beer, and had Fran been feeling up to it (she was still sick) she would have drank it. Instead Magdalene offered to drink the beer.

Thank you for that!! I still need to get my plants for it and get it set up!

I got one too and it's so hard to get a good clear photo. But, I LOVED seeing it!! So cool!

It sure is!! WOW!

Liesa was arriving at LAX on one of the last flights and we had offered to pick her up.

It was the only time that worked out with my work schedule. Didn't have to miss a day and that makes my bank account and my boss happy.

As it was I think we got back at 1AM.

That sounds about right. And thank you again so much!! Very generous of you and so nice!

Since it involved merchandise, Fran felt miraculously better. N

Amazing how that happens!! :lmao:

It was a very tasty drink!

YES!!!!

So yummy!!

Liesa and I decided to go to Trader Sam's and see if they had any hatbox ghost mugs left. Turned out they had one, so she got it. I have a bad feeling about what happened to it because she made a cryptic comment a while back that leads me to believe that it did not fare so well.

Sadly, the ONE mug they had was NOT wrapped as I thought it'd be. You did warn me to check it, and I meant to before toting it too far but forgot to. It was indeed NOT bubble wrapped or even in much paper, and it broke into several pieces in transit home. I have it all, and may someday try to glue it, but it's in pretty bad shape.
:sad:
However, after our drinks Liesa and I were so tired that we just finished the drinks and went back to the room. We both laid down and fell asleep immediately.

It was an amazing afternoon power nap. Exactly what I needed!

I know that it was not what she was expecting, but she'll have to comment on whether or not she liked it.

I did like it, but it was VERY rich and filling. It could have easily been a main for me.

Liesa got the Roasted Roulade of Chicken, Cranberry Kumquat Relish, Colcannon Potatoes. I believe she enjoyed this, but also suffered my same fate of being very full.

Just so full!!!

Most of the group ordered the Warm Citrus Upside Down Cake, Blood Orange Sorbet which ended up being the clear winner.

It was sooooo good. F! magically empied my belly for a good portion of mine.

Uh oh, Party Foul! :lmao:

Then there's Fran, my partner of 23 years.

Aww that's such a long time! Didn't realize that when I read the previous TR!

We recently celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary by sharing a large portion of dead cow.

I choked at "sharing a large portion of dead cow". Henceforth I shall only refer to steak as dead cow! And congratulations, though by now you're probably coming up on 12 years!

And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either."

Geez, way to make friends at a small table, dude!

Fran complained about the transition from TS land to SWGE. She said it was too abrupt and needed more corners. What do you think?

Oh, I haven't seen the East coast version yet, but I am really curious about that transition! The Frontierland transition is one of my favorites.

Being that we are adept table stalkers, a skill we acquired at our own Trader Sam's which is about ⅓ the size of the WDW version

California Trader Sam's is eat or be eaten! It was too stressful for my friend who wouldn't even come back after I had secured a table. :rotfl2:

Fran and I were invited to join in on a VIP tour that was already planned. We were going to be starting with Galaxy's edge and then going to AK and MK.

How fun!

When the check came the manager presented it to our table. She apologized for the commotion and then took 50% off our bill, alcohol and all!

Wow, that's great service. I would never expect something like that for something completely out of the restaurant's control. Also, your review of Jaleo really makes me want to visit!

YUM! That looks way better than when I had it about 6 years ago. May have to return!

This is such a neat dessert, and wow, the whole experience is just incredible!

Out of order, but I am OBSESSED with this look! You gals nailed it!

Um, yum!! Wow you have eaten some incredible meals!

Hello Allison, I'm a longtime lurker and have enjoyed your trip reports and somehow had missed this one until today. I'd have stayed in the shadows, but as I was reading the section about the band conference I started to wonder if my sister might have attended. When I came across the photo of the saxophone section of the marching band it was a nice surprise to see her there. I knew from prior trip reports that you are also a sax player so I searched your concert pictures and found her sitting on your row! Thanks for sharing those...I don't live near my sister so we miss a lot of details in each other's lives. I'm going back to the "reading and not commenting" section of the boards now. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!