I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

I'm still having trouble keeping up with your reserved version!
I think if I write another one, I'm going to write all the updates and post them all then start deleting them one by one.
You can just watch what's going on and occasionally glance at the buttons. Our first ride we didn't even have any engineers!
Ah ha!!! So totally superfluous! I knew it!!!
Well no, it was @pooh'smate's Husband who actually found it and pointed it out to the rest of us!
And this after giving me heck for having someone point it out for me!!
The way we make it, you could make one bowl. We just get some fresh salsa, add some chopped cucumber to it and then add some V8 to make it more soup-like. Easy and you can make one serving at a time.
Huh! I hadn't thought of that. Hmmmm...
My muscles hurt really bad so I started filling the tub
Magic elixir...
started the painful part of putting stuff back in suitcases.
Yuck.
I got my point and shoot camera off the charger and when I turned it on, the screen was completely cracked. I carry it around in my purse, so I wasn't totally surprised. Oh, well. So much for any camera pictures this trip! So off my game.
Oh, no! That sucks. :(
Our drop dead time to be at the bus stop was 1:00,
Whoa. You guys are serious about your Disney. "1:00 or it's over!"
Obligatory Castle shot.
::yes::
We went up to the FP entrance with Fran on her scooter and they told her she had to go get a wheelchair and come back.
Really? Didn't expect that.
The CM said they made the ride darker, but it was so dark you couldn't see a lot of the stuff in the graveyard scene.
Wonder why they made it darker? I wonder if it's weather and/or time of day dependent?
:lmao:
After the ride we checked out the Memnto Mori shop, but didn’t find anything we hadn't already bought at the 50th for the HM.
Love that shop. Hardly buy anything... but like to look around.
Maybe next time I'll break down and spend some cash there.
we mobile ordered a lobster roll from CHH. There was quite a bit of lobster in there! It was tasty.
<sigh> Some day I'll get to CHH and try this. It's only been on my list for over a decade... :sad2:
Fran wanted a sweet treat so we ordered these Whoopie Pies that were a special item. They were good.
Never had a whoopie pie... or even seen one.
When we came out of the restaurant it was raining. I had not put any type of protection on my scooter and the seat cushion got wet. It soaked through my pants and I had a wet butt for the whole rest of the day.
Well... that's not very fun.
What does Liesa call it? IBS?
Our FP for 7DMT was open so we went over to ride it. Fran was even game to give it a try. We got all the way through the queue, but when she tried to get in the car, she couldn't get both her knees in between the lap bar, so she couldn't ride.
That's really too bad. Wish she could've ridden it.
we got in what you could call a line for Mickey's Philharmagic. Turns out that was a bad idea.
Why?
We were given bread to start with oil and when asked she also brought us some balsamic vinegar.
Oh! I wish I'd thought of that when we went last time.
there was just the right amount of other veggies to make us think we were eating healthy even though it was all doused in butter sauce.
:laughing:
After dinner we were in search of the 7 Dwarves. If you're curious they are in the tent at the back of the Storybook Circus.
I have no plans of getting that shot, but I did wonder where they were lurking.
Great shot! :)
This was my bucket list item for the Halloween party, so I was really happy to have achieved that one.
I'm glad you got that one done. :)

I booked FP fornthere for two different days but only because I want to ride ToT and RnRC, but that's kind of enough for me. We may leave after that.

I do that too, except for TOT and SDD. Otherwise... why bother?

I was really happy that she could do that, at least she has an idea what the ride is about.

YES!! But so wish she could ride it.

Turned out it was OK. We were actually dressed pretty much in line with the other guests. I think the signature part was more in line with the Celebrity Chef than the vibe of the restaurant.

Ah, I see. I can understand that part.

I'm not either, but the more I try it, I find if it's good Gin, I tend to like it.

I guess it goes back to a certain Christmas party with some friends... uh.... if you know what I mean.

I just read about one, and have yet to comment. I don't know how you can deal with that!

I have the next batch of photos ready and might get another update out today. If that doesn't happen it's going to be next week. I'm going to Tucson for the week.

I'm not quite sure. :confused3 I almost made these, broiled, on NYE, but instead chose to make sticky toffee pudding with the dates instead.

I adore dates, and I like the bacon-wrapped best, but they are so good in just about anything!

This was one of my least favorite dishes, but I can see where there might be some confusion.

Oh I really like them, but I think a mixture of goat AND some maybe hmm, smoked gouda? cotija? something else to cut the goat flavor would be good.

And I'm very happy. Since we plan to play Disney App roulette for our dinner plans next trip, I've been sporadically checking to see what's available when I get up in the morning, which is nearly lunchtime in Florida. Almost always this place still has availability!

OH my, that's quite an adventure!

started the painful part of putting stuff back in suitcases.

That IS painful. Yuck!

I got my point and shoot camera off the charger and when I turned it on, the screen was completely cracked. I carry it around in my purse, so I wasn't totally surprised. Oh, well. So much for any camera pictures this trip! So off my game.

OH NO!! So, it wouldn't take photos after that? I mean you could still get any photos you'd already taken off, right?

The CM said they made the ride darker, but it was so dark you couldn't see a lot of the stuff in the graveyard scene. Obviously we don’t know where the camera is in this ride!

Yeah, I've noticed that. It does seem darker.

I had not put any type of protection on my scooter and the seat cushion got wet. It soaked through my pants and I had a wet butt for the whole rest of the day.

He beat me to it!!! IBS!!!! THE WORST!!!!

she couldn't get both her knees in between the lap bar, so she couldn't ride. I had fun, but not as much if we hadn't gone through that drama.

OH no! :( Such a bummer.

When we got out it was 3:45, which was supposedly the time for our reservation. Turns out it was actually at 3:30 but they were quite happy to seat us immediately and take our money for dinner.

I'm sure they were. Although, we tried walking up years ago and they def weren't taking them. I think if you DO have an ADR, they are a lot more flexible with times.

and there was just the right amount of other veggies to make us think we were eating healthy even though it was all doused in butter sauce.

We waited a little over an hour until we actually met with the Dwarves. They came out at 6:15 and they had to do a couple shift changes before we got to the front of the line.

That's about how long Kari and waited in 2016. Worth it as that too was my one bucket list item for that year.

This was my bucket list item for the Halloween party, so I was really happy to have achieved that one.

YAY!!

Well that's clever..you weren't totally off your game!

Nah, just lazy. It didn't end up working anyways.

I wouldn't put this in the "off your game" boat- I mean if it's usually in your bag, things happen

True.

Sounds like it was off it's game!

Yeah, I hate that washer/dryer!

That sounds crazy- where do they expect you to pull a wheelchair from?

They had them over in the area where they were pointing us to.

Very clear picture!

I just wonder where they take it. There isn't a flash that I know of.

Well that's a bummer!

That's Disney for ya

Of course they'll take our money!

Just oil hey? I'd be asking for some balsamic too

We learned that at Via Napoli. I think for some reason they make you ask for the Balsamic at all the Italian restaurants.

I like mine all chopped up and mixed with the dressing - do you even get enough dressing this way??

I know that's what both of us did. I think we made it work.

Those do look gooood!

I'm not a huge cannoli fan, but these were just right for me. A little bit of sweet to hit the spot.

Cute set they have too, I like all the jewels etc

It's pretty much what is inside the mine part of the ride. But it is cute.

I think if I write another one, I'm going to write all the updates and post them all then start deleting them one by one.

That doesn't sound like fun!

Ah ha!!! So totally superfluous! I knew it!!!

Actually, one time I want to ride it with five other people who agree not to press any buttons at all or operate the pilots control and just see how our ride turns out.

And this after giving me heck for having someone point it out for me!!

Well, at least it was someone in our party! :laughing:

Huh! I hadn't thought of that. Hmmmm...

Makes for a nice part of a meal at the Hollywood Bowl.

Magic elixir...

You know it!

Well its gotta happen sometime, and I hate it to be the last day.

Oh, no! That sucks. :(

Yeah we looked at replacements on Amazon, but theynwere a couple hundred bucks! I'd rather shop around and check Costco.

Whoa. You guys are serious about your Disney. "1:00 or it's over!"

You bet!

Really? Didn't expect that.

Neither did we!

Wonder why they made it darker? I wonder if it's weather and/or time of day dependent?

I think it was an overall change in the ride, not just something to turn on and off.

Love that shop. Hardly buy anything... but like to look around.
Maybe next time I'll break down and spend some cash there.

I'm really surprised we didn't. Then again we stayed overnight at the VGC on the actual anniversary at DL, and ended up with a ton of merch from that day/night.

<sigh> Some day I'll get to CHH and try this. It's only been on my list for over a decade... :sad2:

I think it's the best QS place in MK. We usually end up there if we dont have an ADR.

Never had a whoopie pie... or even seen one.

That is going on "the list". Do they not have them in Canada? I've mostly had them at Disney, but they're just "sandwiches" made with soft baked cookies and filled with custard, marshmallow, or some other creamy filling.

Yup and you beat her to it!

That's really too bad. Wish she could've ridden it.

Me too. :sad1:

Because we were super late to our reservation.

Oh! I wish I'd thought of that when we went last time.

I don't know why Disney makes you ask for the balsamic. At Via Napoli too.

I have no plans of getting that shot, but I did wonder where they were lurking.

We spent a good 1/2 hour to 45 minutes wasting time looking for them.

Great shot! :)
I'm glad you got that one done. :)

Me too! :teeth: I'm glad that I made Fran aware of what I wanted to accomplish at the party. It made it one of the most enjoyable ones since I came away with so many tangible memories!

The candy didnt hurt either.

That doesn't sound like fun!
;)
Actually, one time I want to ride it with five other people who agree not to press any buttons at all or operate the pilots control and just see how our ride turns out.
Good idea! Thinking... it won't make a difference.
Well, at least it was someone in our party! :laughing:
Well, me too! Kari pointed it out. We were a party of two. :)
Yeah we looked at replacements on Amazon, but theynwere a couple hundred bucks! I'd rather shop around and check Costco.
I'm sure you'll find something. :)
I think it was an overall change in the ride, not just something to turn on and off.
Oh! Hadn't heard anything about it.
I think it's the best QS place in MK. We usually end up there if we dont have an ADR.
I keep hearing that... and have yet to go.
That is going on "the list". Do they not have them in Canada? I've mostly had them at Disney, but they're just "sandwiches" made with soft baked cookies and filled with custard, marshmallow, or some other creamy filling.
Maybe we don't? :confused3
Because we were super late to our reservation.
Ah.

I do that too, except for TOT and SDD. Otherwise... why bother?

I think this trip will be very food and relaxing focused with just a few of our favorite rides. We get to ride RotR this weekend so we don't have hurry for that one.

YES!! But so wish she could ride it.

Me too, but it would it would definitely make her sick.

Ah, I see. I can understand that part.

The place had a pretty casual vibe even though it was a signature.

I guess it goes back to a certain Christmas party with some friends... uh.... if you know what I mean.

Mine goes back to a certain sleepover in HS.....

I have the next batch of photos ready and might get another update out today. If that doesn't happen it's going to be next week. I'm going to Tucson for the week.

I saw you were on your way to Tucson, staying with friends?

I adore dates, and I like the bacon-wrapped best, but they are so good in just about anything!

I think they might be good in something savory. I may look for an interesting recipe to test my comfort zone.

Oh I really like them, but I think a mixture of goat AND some maybe hmm, smoked gouda? cotija? something else to cut the goat flavor would be good.

In the ones we had they needed more cheese. Too much smoky pepper flavor.

OH my, that's quite an adventure!

Well we but the bullet and made two more ADRs. We decided we want to try the new Beaches and Cream and since we want to go to Jaleo, we booked that for the Saturday of our trip. That way we are not left with nothing on a busy Saturday.

That IS painful. Yuck!

I know, and so soon into the trip. We barely got there!

OH NO!! So, it wouldn't take photos after that? I mean you could still get any photos you'd already taken off, right?

Actually I just assumed it would take photos, but it seems that it still does. I've just gotten so used to using the phone. I'll be bringing the big camera on the next trip. I better get my lens looked at soon.

Yeah, I've noticed that. It does seem darker.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

He beat me to it!!! IBS!!!! THE WORST!!!!

:rotfl2: Very uncomfortable!

OH no! :( Such a bummer.

:sad2:

I'm sure they were. Although, we tried walking up years ago and they def weren't taking them. I think if you DO have an ADR, they are a lot more flexible with times.

That's good to know, though we are normally on time. I should check the app better.

That's about how long Kari and waited in 2016. Worth it as that too was my one bucket list item for that year.

Such a fun picture!

:yay:

Good idea! Thinking... it won't make a difference.

Well now I'm wondering. Since I know that you can get a second container of Coaxium, maybe a third, I wonder if participation does improve the experience.

Well, me too! Kari pointed it out. We were a party of two. :)

Well you made it sound like it was a random person who pointed it out to you, not a friend. :snooty: Especially someone I know and a friend!

I'm sure you'll find something. :)

Yeah, we need to go to Costco. I'm down to only 4lbs of butter in my fridge.

Oh! Hadn't heard anything about it.

If we hadn't been trying to crash the back entrance the CM wouldn't have told us about it.

I keep hearing that... and have yet to go.

Well you need to. Their clam chowder isn't bad. It's not as thick as I like, but it hits the spot on a cool day. So you need to go in winter.

Maybe we don't? :confused3

Well I googled them, and it appears they are not commercially produced. I got mostly recipes or specialty shops that would ship them to you. I mostly have had them at Disney. The most memorable being the Maple Bacon Whoopie Pie. However, I think I've seen them in bakeries before. I never paid attention to them until I had the Maple Bacon one. Now if I see them I'll get them!

We left off with getting our pictures taken with the Seven Dwarves, and I wanted to get my fill of special shots this evening. By this time it was 7PM and we decided to hit a few candy lines. After the first one we stopped to see Goofy in his pirate outfit.

We decided not to meet any other ordinary characters during the evening since we can meet most of them at home. So we went on to another candy line. While in the line we noticed an interesting photo shoot and the candy line spit us out near it, so we got in line. You held the mirror from Snow White while the photographer took the picture. I’m not sure how to upload that result, but it was a cool video, where the Evil Queen makes fire in the mirror and your face ends up in the mirror. The pictures weren’t that good, so I’m not going to show them by themselves.

We hit the candy trail in Mickey's Philharmagic and that was a double score! You got candy on the way in and on the way out!

They were doing a magic shot at HM so we went over there for that one, but first they put you through this cool regular shot.

Then you got to do the magic shot.

We wanted to go to Adventureland to do more candy trails while the first parade was going on, and on our way we stumbled upon these next three photo ops. I was pretty happy with our score on photos by this point!

And the grave diggers were there too!

On our way to find some more food, we stumbled upon one last photo op.

And we scored two more candy stops. Not a lot of restaurants were open. We checked the Golden Oak Outpost and they were serving chicken nuggets and several sweet treats. We aren’t fans of chicken nuggets, and were looking for more of a protein based snack instead of the sweet treats. We saw an open door which turned out to be Pecos Bill's, and we opted for the beef nachos. We loaded up on the toppings bar and found a table.

It worked out to be a good snack but at 9:50 we realized that we needed to hit it if we were going to find a spot for the 10:15 fireworks. Fran loaded up what was left of the nachos with some toppings and took it with a fork togo.

As we were leaving the restaurant I got a call from the conductor of the band. He says, " You guys are on your way, right?"

I replied, "We're in bleeping Florida."

"OK, I knew that…." Then he goes on to ask us about a piece of music, we're the librarians for the band and make sure everyone has the right music at rehearsals. Just two weeks ago we took measures to ensure all the music was accounted for and there were plenty of all the parts. It turns out that we must have gremlins in our band who eat their parts and music disappears without explanation on a regular basis.

But my question is, when we told you (the conductor) last Tuesday that we wouldn't be at band, why are you waiting until an hour before rehearsal to address this situation? Perhaps you should have asked us that evening or even during the extra Thursday rehearsal that we went out of our way to attend, (even though we didn't have the time in our schedule.) We ended the call assuring him that all the parts were in the box of music in the storage room at the rehearsal site.

We headed to the disabled viewing area and they still had plenty of room even though we couldn't have a front row seat. Who needs that? This castle is so freakin' gargantuan that the fireworks are so high up, someone would have to be a giant to block your view.

I also turned off the ringer on my phone so I could enjoy the show without interruptions.

We loved the show! It was so neat how the projections worked nicely with the fireworks themselves.

After the show I had three missed calls, a voice mail and four text messages. Rather than stay for the second parade like we had planned, she decided that it would be better in her interests to go back to the room and take care of his disaster. Seems the solo violin part for one of the pieces we were playing wasn't in the folder. Since it was digitally distributed Fran had the part on her computer in the room.

So we headed out of the park. But you all know what it's like leaving MK after the fireworks…

We struggled with the crowds on main street cause everyone else and their brother were leaving too. Then when we got to the bus stop for the Y&BC, there was a line three columns deep. The first bus filled up with passengers walking on foot and it was jam packed. When the queue had moved up, we were right at the point where they pull the scooters out of the line and the attendant gestured us into place. Well it was 18 minutes before the next bus arrived. I had plenty of time to catch up on these notes! And it took 37 minutes until we were off the bus and on our way to the room. Here was our candy haul.

When we got back she dealt with his crisis. Luckily 11:44 here is only 8:44 back home and rehearsal ends at 9:30, so hopefully he didn't lose his temper and cause more members to quit like 10 days before.

it didn't bother me that we missed the parade. That wasn't on my list, and it was nearly midnight when we got back to the room. I prefer slightly earlier nights.

I believe I restarted the laundry in the dryer before I took a bath again and fell right asleep once I got into bed. We have been pushing very long days!

Well now I'm wondering. Since I know that you can get a second container of Coaxium, maybe a third, I wonder if participation does improve the experience.
I wouldn't know. I pretty much feel like I've never ridden it before.
Well you made it sound like it was a random person who pointed it out to you, not a friend. :snooty: Especially someone I know and a friend!
Now you know. :)
Yeah, we need to go to Costco. I'm down to only 4lbs of butter in my fridge.
Heavens forbid!!
Well you need to. Their clam chowder isn't bad. It's not as thick as I like, but it hits the spot on a cool day. So you need to go in winter.
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. :)
Well I googled them, and it appears they are not commercially produced. I got mostly recipes or specialty shops that would ship them to you. I mostly have had them at Disney. The most memorable being the Maple Bacon Whoopie Pie. However, I think I've seen them in bakeries before. I never paid attention to them until I had the Maple Bacon one. Now if I see them I'll get them!
Maybe I'll have to look, next time I'm at Disney?

going back up to read the update...

After the first one we stopped to see Goofy in his pirate outfit.
Just wanted to mention that I love your shirts. :)
We decided not to meet any other ordinary characters during the evening since we can meet most of them at home.
Makes sense. And... that's what the parties are for (well, in part, anyways.)
You held the mirror from Snow White while the photographer took the picture. I’m not sure how to upload that result, but it was a cool video, where the Evil Queen makes fire in the mirror and your face ends up in the mirror.
Huh! Cool.
Then you got to do the magic shot.

Different ghost from years earlier.
I was pretty happy with our score on photos by this point!
Ya done good!
And the grave diggers were there too!
They're the best. ::yes::
Was Fran checking for sparks?
We aren’t fans of chicken nuggets
I am... sort of.
About once every... 3-5 years, I get a craving. I get some... I eat them... I'm okay for another 3-5 years.
Wow! Not kidding you loaded up!
Fran loaded up what was left of the nachos with some toppings and took it with a fork togo.
Nice! Snack on the run.
As we were leaving the restaurant I got a call from the conductor of the band. He says, " You guys are on your way, right?"

"OK, I knew that…." Then he goes on to ask us about a piece of music, we're the librarians for the band and make sure everyone has the right music at rehearsals. Just two weeks ago we took measures to ensure all the music was accounted for and there were plenty of all the parts. It turns out that we must have gremlins in our band who eat their parts and music disappears without explanation on a regular basis.

But my question is, when we told you (the conductor) last Tuesday that we wouldn't be at band, why are you waiting until an hour before rehearsal to address this situation? Perhaps you should have asked us that evening or even during the extra Thursday rehearsal that we went out of our way to attend, (even though we didn't have the time in our schedule.)
Oh, come on! :sad2: Ridiculous.
We headed to the disabled viewing area
Sorry the area was disabled. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

:duck:
someone would have to be a giant to block your view.
No. Just a dad with his kid on his shoulders standing right in front of you. Been there.
I also turned off the ringer on my phone so I could enjoy the show without interruptions.
Smart.
After the show I had three missed calls, a voice mail and four text messages.
:sad2:
Then when we got to the bus stop for the Y&BC, there was a line three columns deep.
Ouch... but... after fireworks.
Well it was 18 minutes before the next bus arrived.
Well, of course! How could anyone predict that there'd be a big crowd at that time of night!!!

:rolleyes:
Here was our candy haul.

Not too shabby. :)
hopefully he didn't lose his temper and cause more members to quit like 10 days before.
I'm sorry... what????
I took a bath again and fell right asleep once I got into bed. We have been pushing very long days!
Awww... poor Alison. All tuckered out.

Sweet another update while I'm at work = easy to update!!

Nice one, you two are very "Halloween'ed"!
I’m not sure how to upload that result, but it was a cool video, where the Evil Queen makes fire in the mirror and your face ends up in the mirror.

That sounds very cool!

To me, Fran's like "heyyyy!" you're like "oh sh*t!!" in this one!

I was pretty happy with our score on photos by this point!

you got lots!!

Another Fran "Hey there ;) "

Fran looks like she's planning something with him ;) ;)

The fellow on the left looks like he's up to no good, and you two look like you are planning something with the guy on the right!

Nom nom nom, I like your use of the resources here

I got a call from the conductor of the band. He says, " You guys are on your way, right?"

:banghead:

This castle is so freakin' gargantuan

I remember thinking that when I first saw it- "holy cr*p that's a big castle!"

Luckily 11:44 here is only 8:44 back home and rehearsal ends at 9:30, so hopefully he didn't lose his temper and cause more members to quit like 10 days before.
This guy seems like he needs to stop drinking the crazy-train cool aid.

I'm like so on these updates...I needed a brain break after pretty much working solid for the last 10 hours at work....

Was getting caught up on various TR's yesterday and saw you had started this one so I have been reading and am now caught up. I was at Disneyland Paris in November and am in the midst of doing a TR for it (Link in Sig if you are interested)

I have been wanting to go to the Halloween party for a while now, I LOVE Disney at Halloween time! I love the decorations almost more than the Christmas ones. My Faves are the Mickey pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns. SO cute. Great that you got so many special pictures. I would Love to see all 7 Dwarves

We are going to DLR in September, can't wait.

Looking forward to the rest of the TR

Just wanted to mention that I love your shirts. :)

Thanks! We thought about costumes, but it just seemed to hot to be a puppy, and it was yet another thing to deal with before we left so we just went with "seasonal" shirts.

Makes sense. And... that's what the parties are for (well, in part, anyways.)

Exactly!

Different ghost from years earlier.

Makes people want to go back.

Ya done good!

:teeth:

They're the best. ::yes::

Quite Dead-pan.

Was Fran checking for sparks?

I asked her and she didn't remember. I think she wanted to know how sharp the tip was. :confused3

I am... sort of.
About once every... 3-5 years, I get a craving. I get some... I eat them... I'm okay for another 3-5 years.

I probably eat them more often than that, but only because I'm sick of burgers, and all we have time to eat is drive through food.

Wow! Not kidding you loaded up!

We don't mess around when it comes to nachos!

Nice! Snack on the run.

But a tad bit messy.

Oh, come on! :sad2: Ridiculous.

He can be a real piece of work.

Sorry the area was disabled. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

:duck:

I think it's a permanent disability.

No. Just a dad with his kid on his shoulders standing right in front of you. Been there.

But since our area was full of scooters there weren't any able bodied people to do that.

Ouch... but... after fireworks.

Yeah we knew it would be bad.

Well, of course! How could anyone predict that there'd be a big crowd at that time of night!!!

:rolleyes:

They should have had busses waiting in the ready to pick up us weary travelers!

Not too shabby. :)

Took us a few weeks to eat it all!

I'm sorry... what????

Yeah he can be a real jerk. There was a Saturday rehearsal a couple weeks before. Fran and I are the librarians and we were running late. Several people didn't have their music for the piece he wanted to rehearse, and he went off on a shouting rant. It was so bad that one French Horn player packed up her instrument and left. She said she would do the next concert and was done. However she was at the holiday party, so I think they were able to work it out. But yeah. Bad temper not good for volunteer organization.

Awww... poor Alison. All tuckered out.

You seem to say that a lot about me. I guess it happens at home too.

Sweet another update while I'm at work = easy to update!!

Well glad I could accommodate you. I may (or may not) have another for you at work tomorrow. Actually Fran has an iron infusion in the afternoon so I'll be home alone and can post an update without scrutiny! :laughing:

Nice one, you two are very "Halloween'ed"!

Thanks! We wanted to be "in the spirit" without having to do too much work! :lmao:

That sounds very cool!

To me, Fran's like "heyyyy!" you're like "oh sh*t!!" in this one!

you got lots!!

We did. I was pleased.

Another Fran "Hey there ;) "

Fran looks like she's planning something with him ;) ;)

I know, huh.

The fellow on the left looks like he's up to no good, and you two look like you are planning something with the guy on the right!

I couldn't get her to look at the camera. She was too busy plotting stuff.

Nom nom nom, I like your use of the resources here

Yeah, we may be back to this place. The burgers would be good with all the extra stuff too!

:banghead:

I remember thinking that when I first saw it- "holy cr*p that's a big castle

Yeah, I like ours just fine.

This guy seems like he needs to stop drinking the crazy-train cool aid.

I totally laughed at this! He really does. I get that he's passionate about stuff, but he also needs to realize that while folks are willing to put in work, they don't want to be chastised.

I'm like so on these updates...I needed a brain break after pretty much working solid for the last 10 hours at work....

Ugh 10 hours at work. That's brutal!

Was getting caught up on various TR's yesterday and saw you had started this one so I have been reading and am now caught up. I was at Disneyland Paris in November and am in the midst of doing a TR for it (Link in Sig if you are interested)

I will have to check it out. Tomorrow afternoon when Fran is not looking over my shoulder! :laughing:

I have been wanting to go to the Halloween party for a while now, I LOVE Disney at Halloween time! I love the decorations almost more than the Christmas ones. My Faves are the Mickey pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns. SO cute. Great that you got so many special pictures. I would Love to see all 7 Dwarves

The Dwarves were my bucket list. I was happy to get pictures, the candy was a bonus and really happy to see the fireworks. I saw the parade in 2013 and while it was cool. It wasn't a high priority for me.

We are going to DLR in September, can't wait.

You must send me your details and we can meet up at least for one day. I should probably be here!

Looking forward to the rest of the TR

There isn't much left. Unfortunately.

Loving another one of your awesome trip reports!

:welcome:

Glad to hear it!

Day 5

I don't know what time I actually woke up, but at 9:10 I decided it was time to start moving and getting dressed. First I checked the laundry and it still wasn't dry, at least Fran's pair of shorts were still damp. So I ran them again.

I finished packing up a second suitcase, remember there was one we didn't have to open for this portion of the trip? The suitcase I was packing had all the stuff we wouldn't need on the last part of the trip. Souvenirs and mugs and such on one side. The other side of the second suitcase had all the clean Disney clothes that I wouldn't need at the conference.

The last suitcase would get everything else like bathroom bags, and other stuff that we would need overnight and the next morning.

Fran had toast with Sunny cheese, yogurt, and V8 for her breakfast while I had Honey Nut Cheerios, yogurt, V8 and coffee for my breakfast.

The day before we had thrown our entire plan for today out the window. Since I got to ride SDD on the VIP tour, and we now know that Fran can't ride it, I canceled our DHS FP and switched them to Epcot (which I had canceled our FP for Monday). We had a 1PM Spaceship Earth FP so we decided to hit some food booths on our way there. It was just before noon when we left the room. The first place we stopped was Ireland.

We had some sausages, which were very tasty!

Molten chocolate cake was my favorite back when, but either my palate has changed or the recipe has. It's still really tasty, but that berry waffle edged past this as my favorite sweet treat in the past few years.

And honey Meade wine

All delicious.

Then on to Canada, but first I have to relate a story from earlier in the trip. So remember a couple days ago we were rushing to get to Hollywood studios and we had missed two different busses and were almost too late to meet up with our tour friends? Well I forgot to mention this odd interaction we had at security. We had been at the F&W Festival the night before that day. In fact that was when we had the Berry Waffle, and of course you need a knife to cut the waffle. Well being the environmentally conscious person that she is, Fran saves her cutlery between kiosks. We usually just wipe off the utensils, put them in our baskets and save them for the next booth. This is how we've done kiosks for many years.

So back to the next day when we are rushing to meet up with our tour group. We're going through security at DHS and the security guy takes a look in her basket. He sees the plastic knife and says, "Ma'am I'm going to have to confiscate this knife." This is the plastic knife that can't even cut a caramel apple!

"But this came from inside the park!" She says.

"I can't let you take it in there."

"You do realize I can go directly to a Quick Service restaurant as soon as I get inside and get another one."

"I do. But i can't let you take this into the park."

It's a good thing she didn't have a special affinity for that knife! She was like Elsa and let it go, but it was an odd occurrence. Which made me chuckle when I saw this sign.

I bet they didn't have that same sign on the knives!

OK bizarre event rant over, back to Canada.

for Filet Mignon with mushrooms

Beer Cheese Soup, today it had a little kick to it. Someone must have been heavy on the Tabasco!

And Ice Wine.

Now you may be thinking "haven't I seen you visit these same booths in oast F&W trips?" Or not. Well we weren't here to try new and different things. We were here to eat stuff that we like. And I like that Cheese Soup so much it's going to be on the menu in January. Even if we will be eating it on our trip in February!

Then we visited Australia

I really wanted the lamb chop. But sadly I was also getting full.

I didn't initially want the Pavlova, but Fran ordered it and I was pleasantly surprised. Normally I'm not a big fan of it.

And a wine flight. The Shiraz was lovely with the lamb!

Then we went to our FP at Spaceship Earth. Our time machine took us from the Dawn of time to the future.

Fran went to mouse Gears while I rode Mission Space Orange Team. I parked the scooter outside the exit. As I walked to the ride I felt, drip, drip, plop. I walked back to the scooter, got the ponchos out of the basket and covered the tiller with one, and the seat cushion with the other. The ride was fun as always. When I came out, there were a ton of people by the exit to the dump shop not wanting to go outside because you guessed it, rain. I was glad to have gone back to cover the scooter.

I had no cell service inside the show building but as i came out my phone started exploding with text messages. While I was on the ride, Fran had sent me no less than 35 pictures via text. I think some were duplicates, but there were shirts, purses, jewelry, way too much to process on the phone. I just texted her that I would meet her in the store.

In the end all I bought was a potholder set. One was for the Owner's Locker (since the room didn't have one) and the other went in the suitcase.

[Continued in Next Post]

Last edited:
[Continued from Previous Post]

By this time we were starting to get hungry again. I wanted something from Flavors from Fire, however, on the way there we stopped at Coastal Eats first.

We got one of each food item they had. I couldn't eat the Crab Cake, it tasted fishy to me.

The Baked Shrimp and Scallop Scampi Dip was delicious! I loved that one.

The fish on the tostada was sort of dry, but Fran liked it a lot.

We also go a glass of the Pinot Gris. It was rather tasty.

Since the active eats booth was right in the same area we didn't have to give up our table.

Fran went over to the booth to get the mac n Cheese and Chenin Blanc, but when she came back she had mac n cheese and a piece of salmon, but no wine. Evidently the gal at the cash register heard salmon, not chenin blanc. I went back for the wine while Fran ate the salmon. We were lucky she likes salmon.

The Mac and cheese was pretty good.

As was the Chenin Blanc

Then we finally made it to the booth that I wanted to hit most of the day, Flavors From Fire.

We got the burger. It was good but not super yummy good.

The skirt steak was good, but we forgot to ask for it without chimichurri or cilantro so I gave those pieces to Fran. The part I ate was good. Then again I love skirt steak.

The corned beef thing was just waaaaay too much. It was good and I liked it, but just too much food for us to finish, especially after what we had already eaten.

Next we went to the Epcot preview center. It was really cool. It was very similar to the Blue Sky Cellar in CA. It gives you hints of what was coming in a very cool projection combined with audio and sensory applications.

Fran wanted to go buy some merchandise and since they didn't have a festival center this year we went to the Port of Entry which was functioning as a merchandising location for the Festival. I had consulted with her on all the merchandise that I wanted so for me it was kind of boring to follow her around the shop. I told her I would wait by the door until she was ready to leave. While I was waiting, the rain started to come down like gangbusters. As I sat there a few feet away from the door, idiots kept walking up to the door or going in and out and kept the door open constantly. It never closed, so the cold air and rain kept creeping it's way into the shop.

I finally found Fran at the register near a door that wasn't staying open constantly due to idiots and we checked out. She had all the goods shipped home rather than carry them. Once our purchases were complete we ventured outside. It had stopped pouring, although there were still a few droplets here and there. Not enough to don our ponchos, but enough to cement my decision to go back to the room. We saw the booth simmering sips and decided to stop there.

Fran got the shimmering strawberry soft serve and enjoyed it.

I got the verve clicquot Brut Rose Champagne, and it was very nice.

On the way out we decided that we might as well get one of these on the way out. We had noticed it on the way in, but didn't think it was the time for alcoholic beverages that weren't wine, but since we were on our way back to the room, why not?

She also got a donut.

The drink was quite good! But we hadn't finished it when we got to the exit, so we kinda had to chug the last third of the drink before we could leave Epcot.

We got back to the room, and I don't remember what Fran did. She probably took a nap. I went to work on packing up the last of our laundry. I do remember that I took off the pants that I was wearing and threw them in the washer with what we had left to wash. I put it on the dry cycle and it took too long so I ended up just letting the pants air dry. I always let the shirts hang dry. Then I did the whites (mostly underwear). Somewhere in there I took a bath put most everything into the suitcases and the undies still were not dry. I think I was texting with Jenny and Jill who told me to just hang them dry and go to bed. I had already made that call.

You held the mirror from Snow White while the photographer took the picture. I’m not sure how to upload that result, but it was a cool video, where the Evil Queen makes fire in the mirror and your face ends up in the mirror.

Hey, that sounds pretty cool.

That's fun. I think I like this pose more than the magic shot, actually.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

But my question is, when we told you (the conductor) last Tuesday that we wouldn't be at band, why are you waiting until an hour before rehearsal to address this situation?

Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

We headed to the disabled viewing area and they still had plenty of room even though we couldn't have a front row seat. Who needs that? This castle is so freakin' gargantuan that the fireworks are so high up, someone would have to be a giant to block your view.

Until somebody stands right in front of you with a kid on their shoulders...:sad2:

Seems the solo violin part for one of the pieces we were playing wasn't in the folder. Since it was digitally distributed Fran had the part on her computer in the room.

Failure to plan, etc, etc. Good thing they felt comfortable interrupting your vacation!

So we headed out of the park. But you all know what it's like leaving MK after the fireworks…

Sigh...unfortunately, I do.

Molten chocolate cake was my favorite back when, but either my palate has changed or the recipe has. It's still really tasty, but that berry waffle edged past this as my favorite sweet treat in the past few years.

Huh. It sure looks good.

So back to the next day when we are rushing to meet up with our tour group. We're going through security at DHS and the security guy takes a look in her basket. He sees the plastic knife and says, "Ma'am I'm going to have to confiscate this knife." This is the plastic knife that can't even cut a caramel apple!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: What are you going to do, spread him to death?

I bet they didn't have that same sign on the knives!

Wow. Gotta love bureaucracy.

Beer Cheese Soup, today it had a little kick to it. Someone must have been heavy on the Tabasco!

Mmmm...love that stuff.

I was glad to have gone back to cover the scooter.

Who says you're off your game? That's a veteran move!

I couldn't eat the Crab Cake, it tasted fishy to me.

I see what you did there.

Next we went to the Epcot preview center. It was really cool. It was very similar to the Blue Sky Cellar in CA. It gives you hints of what was coming in a very cool projection combined with audio and sensory applications.

That does sound pretty cool.

The drink was quite good! But we hadn't finished it when we got to the exit, so we kinda had to chug the last third of the drink before we could leave Epcot.

We got back to the room, and I don't remember what Fran did.

Probably because you had to chug...oh, never mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!