I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

We checked the menu at the restaurant. Yep, same lackluster food as the one back home. On our way down to the Cantina level we saw this rock outcropping over the ramp, and weren’t sure if we had the same one so I took a picture. I’ll have to remember to look in a few weeks when we’re there.
I'm pretty sure it is there - I know I've seen it and I haven't been to the Eastern Outpost yet!
This was interesting, that wall across the square that looks like it has iron doors, that’s an exit to Frontierland at home, but looks like it is closed in Batuu East.
My friend who works at DHS-MFSR was very thrown off when walking around DL's version and the gate not being there!
And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either." I don't know if I glared at him or not, but I thought it was uncomfortable until he and his companion finally left. He probably didn't care and I won't make any comments that would probably not be allowed due to restrictions on subject commentary on the DIS. But I certainly made them in my own mind.
Argh! I had a guy on my Disney cruise who said some bad things about California and how everyone was leaving... sure, ok. I'm glad you aren't interested in moving here!
OK, so I just got back from a lovely long weekend out at the Grand Californian and DL/DCA. The funny thing is that we spent almost as long as we were at WDW for this last trip out there, but I’ll not have nearly as many photos or stories when I get around to that trip in the bonus features!
It's too bad we couldn't meet up! It ended up being a 45 minute delay before we made it thru the line (despite having a 2pm reservation). Then, when we did the game, my friend's battery pack died and my interface was being super glitchy so we had to restart about 1/2 through! Another day though!

I think I did. We were really stressed leading up to this trip and I think if we had done the Disney portion after the band part we would have ended up sleeping the entire time at Disney. As it is it just got us unstressed enough to make it through the band part.
:hug:
I don't know how people put clothes on, do stuff and then say, "Oh but I have to go back and take a shower before I'm ready." I take the shower before i put the clothes on and I'm ready. I don't go anywhere half ready. It doesn't make sense.
Wait... put clothes on and then have a shower? (No, not being facetious. I know they take them off before the shower, but... that makes no sense.)
I thought it was OK, but I shouldn't really eat ice cream if I plan to stay awake, plus she likes peanut butter a lot more than I do.
Ice cream makes you sleepy?
Yeah, I had to keep my mouth shut about what I wanted to say. However while in line for the Cantina this past weekend, when I told that story along with what I would've said, it made us friends in the line! :laughing:
Hmmm... now I'm really curious. :)
OK, so I just got back from a lovely long weekend out at the Grand Californian and DL/DCA.
Good! Glad it was a nice time. :)
Saw some of it on Liesa's TR. :)
as it is we barely made it out there our first day and it was much more hectic and exhausting than I had imagined it would be!
Oh dear... sorry to hear that. What happened?
Back in the room I changed into more Tiki appropriate attire
The week before a Minnie Dirndl was released at the Germany pavilion and I wanted it
ooohhhh… I would've gotten one for Elle (the one you didn't meet). She'd love that.
We got the waffle with Berry Compote.
Yum. I had that on my list but ran out of time and tummy room.
We went to Germany next and found my dress.
Great! How does it fit?
Four marshmallow swirls,
What is that? How was that?
a chocolate and caramel covered apple (which they cut for us, something they won't do at DL.
Why ever not???
They were letting people into the bar, with the caveat that you could join folks at their tables or just stand around with a drink.
Really? What if the people at their tables didn't want company?
our own Trader Sam's which is about ⅓ the size of the WDW version
Ah! Didn't know this. Only been to yours.
Like that photo. :)
I had the Dark and Stormy ungraded to a Category 5, which meant extra and premium rum.
I think you know what I'm gonna say here...
We also ordered some pan fried dumplings. These were really extra good this time.
Look good, too!
Oh, cool! Never seen that one before. But... rum, I presume.
Fran was still hungry so she got an order of Kalua Pork Tacos. I didn't like these at all, so we won't get them in the future.
Did she like them at least?
As we passed the gates to the MK the fireworks were going off. It was a Halloween party night and seeing them from outside the gates made us excited to see them from inside the party two nights later.
I bet!
As we got closer to the covered waiting area the drops got more intense. As we sat and waited for the bus, the rain became a full on deluge. Luckily it was short lived and the rain was over by the time we got to the Beach Club and we made it back to the room nice and dry.
Timing is everything. :)

That's a cute one.

Being that we are adept table stalkers, a skill we acquired at our own Trader Sam's which is about ⅓ the size of the WDW version, we noticed a couple seated underneath the goddess who had a credit card out, and we lurked near their table.

Man, that is some professional-level table-stalking right there.

I had the Dark and Stormy ungraded to a Category 5, which meant extra and premium rum. Boy did this one have a kick! Both us said Wow! With our first taste.

Sounds like this is the drink Liesa needs!

Then we headed off to the monorail. As we passed the gates to the MK the fireworks were going off. It was a Halloween party night and seeing them from outside the gates made us excited to see them from inside the party two nights later.

I always enjoy seeing the fireworks going off from the MK resorts.

I can't tell you how excited I was to see another Franandaj trip report.
Love your adventures.
Love your kitties (adore kitties).
Love your food pics.
Love your pics of you and Fran.
Love everything about your trip reports.
I have a million things to do today as I'm leaving for DW in a matter of days and I'm instead reading your trip report. :)

Very nice!

Karamel Kuche. Four marshmallow swirls,

Love caramel and marshmallow together so I think I'd love these guys!

and a chocolate and caramel covered apple (which they cut for us, something they won't do at DL. Sure they give you a plastic knife that snaps to pieces when you try…ok rant over)

Yumm! I'd like to find one of these at DL, but I'd like it cut too!

Being that we are adept table stalkers

An excellent skill to have, along with parking stall stalking :)

We also ordered the chicken in lettuce cups, which were super good as well.

Those indeed look super good!

HippopotoMaiTai.

Yum! D is a big Mai Tai guy!

Fun times ahead!

desperate measures had to be taken.

Desperate times....

Sure they give you a plastic knife that snaps to pieces when you try…ok rant over)

A perfectly reasonable rant....

They were letting people into the bar, with the caveat that you could join folks at their tables or just stand around with a drink.

Now that's something I'd not heard of before. Huh.

We also ordered some pan fried dumplings. These were really extra good this time.

I love those! Kari got and order and I helped myself to one.

She wasn't even in the bathroom. ;)

My drink was really strong so I was nursing it.

The best way to treat a strong drink!

She decided she would finish up with a HippopotoMaiTai. But she went off to the restroom and I ended up finishing it off for her.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
Except for what you pay for a regular one IT SHOULD BE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

Very late to the party but happy to catch up. Adore your Mickey dress in your intro photo -- so cute. And gosh, I wish I could pull off the dress from Germany - I love it! I've only been to Trader Sam's once and it was a few years ago now … you have me wanting to try it again.

Being that we are adept table stalkers, a skill we acquired at our own Trader Sam's which is about ⅓ the size of the WDW version, we noticed a couple seated underneath the goddess who had a credit card out, and we lurked near their table.
Well played! I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long.
She decided she would finish up with a HippopotoMaiTai. But she went off to the restroom and I ended up finishing it off for her.
Remind me to never leave you unattended with my unfinished drink. :rotfl2:
As we made our way to the bus stop we started to feel drops on us. As we got closer to the covered waiting area the drops got more intense. As we sat and waited for the bus, the rain became a full on deluge. Luckily it was short lived and the rain was over by the time we got to the Beach Club and we made it back to the room nice and dry.
Gotta love those typical quick Florida showers.

Joining in! I’m loving all the drinks. There has been a lack in fun cocktails my last two short trips and I’m enjoying living through you!

Well at least he seemed like a nice guy hey!

He was very nice. It wasn't his fault he was early and he did get me up and moving.

You do plan (and execute!) excellent trips! No wonder she wasn't believing.

We'll see how this next one goes, we are pretty much completely winging it!

This Is Awesome!
That guy!

I know, right?

Then there is this guy "hmmmm" he's thinking

He's not sure what he's in for!

I think I'd like it as a PB&C - aka and chocolate!

That might be good. She is a bigger peanut butter fan than I.

Which chicken is better? WDW or DL?

I'd have to say DL, but that's because it has all the trimmings. I also know how it is prepared and it's actually healthier.

This picture- I can't put my finger on it- like why are none of those peops looking at Chewie?

Perhaps they see a wookie every day.

What a jerk indeed. I hope you did glare.

I probably did, without even knowing it.

Me too!

Fun comparison of GE West and GE East! Thanks for sharing!

Yay for food and drink and Batuu East and West!

I'm pretty sure it is there - I know I've seen it and I haven't been to the Eastern Outpost yet!

I checked when we were there in November, and there is a similar rock, not quite identical, but close!

My friend who works at DHS-MFSR was very thrown off when walking around DL's version and the gate not being there!

Yeah, there are a few things that subtley different.

Argh! I had a guy on my Disney cruise who said some bad things about California and how everyone was leaving... sure, ok. I'm glad you aren't interested in moving here!

Yeah, evidently the population is shrinking. People are moving due to high cost of living, political climate, etc. I say, "Good! More space on the freeway for me!"

It's too bad we couldn't meet up! It ended up being a 45 minute delay before we made it thru the line (despite having a 2pm reservation). Then, when we did the game, my friend's battery pack died and my interface was being super glitchy so we had to restart about 1/2 through! Another day though!

Oh, geez. Yeah Liesa and I were practically falling asleep in our drinks and both of us took a nap when we got back to the room! :laughing:

Wait... put clothes on and then have a shower? (No, not being facetious. I know they take them off before the shower, but... that makes no sense.)

I won't point any fingers....but I know people who put on clothes, just to run around the house or elsewhere and then once they're ready to "get ready" they take a shower. I don't get it either. When I get out of bed (I don't take a shower every day since I don't do enough to make myself dirty every day), I put my clothes on and I'm dressed for the day. The only exception is when I'm going out to somewhere fancy and in the afternoon I change into something nicer than every day wear.

Ice cream makes you sleepy?

Yes, unfortunately. If it eat it in the middle of the day, it makes me sluggish and drowsy. So I have to pretty much only eat it right before going to bed.

Hmmm... now I'm really curious. :)

Just something about his potential political convictions, which are not allowed to be discussed here.

Good! Glad it was a nice time. :)
Saw some of it on Liesa's TR. :)

Maybe I'll get to some of it in my bonus features, if I ever get caught back up!

Oh dear... sorry to hear that. What happened?

Life. I looked back at our text messages from that day and I'm not exactly sure what kept us behind. I know that we had eBay items to get ready and mail, and at 4PM I was putting the suitcases in the car, so I must guess that we were still packing that day.

Well not quite...my midriff doesn't look like that, and I doubt anyone wants to see my legs.

ooohhhh… I would've gotten one for Elle (the one you didn't meet). She'd love that.

Too bad they didn't have it when you were there.

Yum. I had that on my list but ran out of time and tummy room.

I think that's my favorite sweet treat.

Great! How does it fit?

Actually I haven't worn it yet. As soon as we got back, life got crazy and then the weather got cold.

What is that? How was that?

Oh, the marshmallow swirls are my favorite from there! I wish we had something like that in California!

Why ever not???

I have no earthly idea. When you ask them, they say they are not allowed to do it and hand you a plastic knife, which breaks in two with the first time you try and cut it. We actually got one yesterday and brought it home and I sliced it up with my handy dandy apple slicer.

Really? What if the people at their tables didn't want company?

Leave. :confused3

Ah! Didn't know this. Only been to yours.

It's pretty large in comparison.

Like that photo. :)

Thanks!

I think you know what I'm gonna say here...

Rum. Why is it always Rum? 😭

Look good, too!

Hmmm.....now I want some of those too. I don't have those in my freezer.

Oh, cool! Never seen that one before. But... rum, I presume.

Of course.

Did she like them at least?

She liked them, but she wouldn't want to eat a whole order by herself.

And it didn't disappoint!

Timing is everything. :)

::yes::

I could use a night at Trader Sams right now! Everything looked great!

And we had one!

That's a cute one.

I liked it!

Man, that is some professional-level table-stalking right there.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm sure it would knock her socks off!

I always enjoy seeing the fireworks going off from the MK resorts.

Also a good place to view them!

I can't tell you how excited I was to see another Franandaj trip report.

Yay! :welcome:

Love your adventures.

Thanks! Me too! Usually.... :rolleyes2

Love your kitties (adore kitties).

Me too! They brighten my day every day!

Love your food pics.
Love your pics of you and Fran.
Love everything about your trip reports.

Wow! Well thanks!

I have a million things to do today as I'm leaving for DW in a matter of days and I'm instead reading your trip report. :)

I know the feeling! I hope you had a good trip since it's been nearly a month since you posted!

Very nice!

Thanks!

Love caramel and marshmallow together so I think I'd love these guys!

They are the best! As I said above, I wish they had something like this here!

Yumm! I'd like to find one of these at DL, but I'd like it cut too!

Yeah, they have them all over, but way too hard to eat without a proper knife.

An excellent skill to have, along with parking stall stalking :)

That one I'm not so good at. I usually just pick one far away and walk, or leave the place and get what I needed elsewhere. Either that or Fran drops me off and drives around the block to get me.

Those indeed look super good!

And they were!

Yum! D is a big Mai Tai guy!

It depends on how they are made. Evidently the Classic Mai Tai is not meant to be sweet, and when made this way it's pretty sour. I liked this one thought, just sweet enough.

Fun times ahead!

We'll have to do it again sometime, minus the drama!

Desperate times....

:lmao:

A perfectly reasonable rant....

Thanks! I've gotten over it, we brought one home last night....

Now that's something I'd not heard of before. Huh.

I think the time before when we were there, they were just starting to institute that policy, but hadn't quite got the wording down to explain it properly to guests.

I love those! Kari got and order and I helped myself to one.

She wasn't even in the bathroom. ;)

According to @pkondz waiter at Prime Time "girl's food tastes better off someone else's plate".

The best way to treat a strong drink!

I had no choice, this one was strong!

Except for what you pay for a regular one IT SHOULD BE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!

This was really really strong, like a lightweight would have been on the floor strong!

Very late to the party but happy to catch up. Adore your Mickey dress in your intro photo -- so cute. And gosh, I wish I could pull off the dress from Germany - I love it! I've only been to Trader Sam's once and it was a few years ago now … you have me wanting to try it again.

:welcome:

I'm so glad you made it here! I hope you've had a chance to make it to Trader Sam's! If not, you can always join Fran and I. I hope you saw that we are coming back in early February, this time we are not making a ton of plans, we are just going to see how things go by just winging it!

Joining in! I’m loving all the drinks. There has been a lack in fun cocktails my last two short trips and I’m enjoying living through you!

:welcome:

I've been woefully behind for the last two months! Hoping to get an update in this weekend, and catch up on your TR as well as a few others!

I won't point any fingers....but I know people who put on clothes, just to run around the house or elsewhere and then once they're ready to "get ready" they take a shower. I don't get it either. When I get out of bed (I don't take a shower every day since I don't do enough to make myself dirty every day), I put my clothes on and I'm dressed for the day. The only exception is when I'm going out to somewhere fancy and in the afternoon I change into something nicer than every day wear.
Welll…. I suppose I can see that. I might do that if I have chores to do and places to go later in the day.
Yes, unfortunately. If it eat it in the middle of the day, it makes me sluggish and drowsy. So I have to pretty much only eat it right before going to bed.
So if I offer you ice cream mid-day, you know I'm just trying to take advantage of you.
Just something about his potential political convictions, which are not allowed to be discussed here.
copy
Life. I looked back at our text messages from that day and I'm not exactly sure what kept us behind. I know that we had eBay items to get ready and mail, and at 4PM I was putting the suitcases in the car, so I must guess that we were still packing that day.
life happens. ::yes::
Well not quite...my midriff doesn't look like that, and I doubt anyone wants to see my legs.
You don't have a belly button?
I think that's my favorite sweet treat.
Really!
Actually I haven't worn it yet. As soon as we got back, life got crazy and then the weather got cold.
Define... "cold"...
:laughing: Yes, I can see that.
Rum. Why is it always Rum? 😭

Welll…. I suppose I can see that. I might do that if I have chores to do and places to go later in the day.

You also have weird days. Mine pretty much have the same hours to each day.

So if I offer you ice cream mid-day, you know I'm just trying to take advantage of you.

You're into corpse-like women? I learn something new every day! :laughing:

You don't have a belly button?

I don't have an hourglass figure under my clothes, more like a stopwatch. :laughing:

Define... "cold"...

Winnipeg in Summer? :confused3

It's getting down in the 30s at night here! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!