I'm.........

I"m back........In oregon teaching the Oddessy is required freshman high school subject matter....I always primed the story by first introducing greek/roman mythology. Why Prometheus is in Rockerfeller Square NYC, why Sisyphus rolled the rock up the hill, Titan rockets, nike and why mercury is in thermometers. Why bees are the only bug that dies when it bites.

But the one punishment I always feared as a adult was that of Tantalus, a thief, whose punishment was to have never ending thirst, even though, chained, could not lower his lips to the water at chin level. I imagine the horror of being a bed ridden senior and not have access to water....... Well my thirst is 25 hours a day, I have no saliva.

The anesthetist, in out patient surgery could not work around my mouth that no longer opens round and wide due to left muscle in face removed. If at the hosptial OR, and I was in trouble, he could have others and better equipment to revive me. Dr said, okay local numbing....when they laid my head back into the hole on the surgery table....I knew that it was not going to happen, and told the Dr so...my mouth is Sahara desert dry just shopping for 10 mins in a grocery store...let alone an hour with someone messing with my eye while I am awake. So postponed the surgery, will be in OR, I will be under, but angry dr said it would be thru my nose.....well...my nose is plugged with lymp node fluids leaving my head....so now head surgeon has to weigh in with what to do with my disfigured head....Orpheus that I may be......Styx and poems may hurt my bones, but words will always soothe me

I"m back........In oregon teaching the Oddessy is required freshman high school subject matter....I always primed the story by first introducing greek/roman mythology. Why Prometheus is in Rockerfeller Square NYC, why Sisyphus rolled the rock up the hill, Titan rockets, nike and why mercury is in thermometers. Why bees are the only bug that dies when it bites.

But the one punishment I always feared as a adult was that of Tantalus, a thief, whose punishment was to have never ending thirst, even though, chained, could not lower his lips to the water at chin level. I imagine the horror of being a bed ridden senior and not have access to water....... Well my thirst is 25 hours a day, I have no saliva.

The anesthetist, in out patient surgery could not work around my mouth that no longer opens round and wide due to left muscle in face removed. If at the hosptial OR, and I was in trouble, he could have others and better equipment to revive me. Dr said, okay local numbing....when they laid my head back into the hole on the surgery table....I knew that it was not going to happen, and told the Dr so...my mouth is Sahara desert dry just shopping for 10 mins in a grocery store...let alone an hour with someone messing with my eye while I am awake. So postponed the surgery, will be in OR, I will be under, but angry dr said it would be thru my nose.....well...my nose is plugged with lymp node fluids leaving my head....so now head surgeon has to weigh in with what to do with my disfigured head....Orpheus that I may be......Styx and poems may hurt my bones, but words will always soothe me
And the only song I can think of is

Go down to the river to pray....

is your pool filled?

drying off from the nocturnal 88 degree swim under the fairy lights across the mother in law shed wall, reflecting in the clear pool, first swim since july, holding hands with my wife that under duress we rebuilt the pool. Knowing that the record is nov 15 till even I cannot swim in the cool pool any longer. great massage for my lympdemia , I can breathe tonight as I sleep. New neighbors two lots west have car alarms, but they are on the north side of the massve wall that runs the entire road, splitting the lots to south side/north side. I guess that is why we like walls...makes for good neighbors.

researching my dollar day wealth from goodwill, sipping a carmel burger king frappe, watching the temps run to 114.....a true dry heat so feel like 98 at this 106 hour. July was down right humid, so my spirits are up with this dry heat....and I am seeing a sugar rush nap soon.

Tonight’s low 65. It’s been a good day, we are both sleepy already!!

Instead of going up, temperature today going down. It’s not a swim day. Was 74° now 67°.

Still reeling from the $10.00 thomas kinkade puzzle wife bought....had to go buy stuff to make up for the expense. Walmart is clearing out garden items, even though gardening is starting here in YUma, a real nice at $15.00 hand held sprinkler system for 10.00, two plants at $20.00 for 4 dollars, needing a big freen thumb, so that makes the puzzle free!!! Treated myself to a McD sweet tea, finally in stock ....and oh yes....no wait in line to return unused pool repair items, when checking out with all the stuff....line was 6 deep to refund items. But you know summer is over when there are no more noodles to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter