• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Imagination Reopens Saturday / New Star Tours Film Coming

I wonder how much of the article is not exactly acurrate, when I read stuff like:

And there will be a new theme song, "One Little Spark," that the Imagineers decided was needed to help Figment give the ride a memorable identity.

For "Spark," Mangum recruited Robert and Richard Sherman, the composer-lyricist brothers who also penned "It's a Small World (After All)."

I wonder what the heck song was playing in the original attraction .... :D

I'm glad that Figment is back, but that remark about "...(Figment) becoming Epcot's Mickey..." is a major stretch.

I hope the Imagination ride is as good as the old one was. But of course they wont return the portions that were taken out to shorten the ride!!! it will be intersting to see what the responses are once people have seen it.
I will also believe the Star Tours new film once it is officially announced by wdw. These rumors have been floating around for a long time so i will believe it once wdw announces it and hope that it is as wild as BTTF at Universal.

I notice that he mentioned ANIMATRONIC Figments that will be interacting with a video version of Nigel Channing. I wonder how accurate this is -- especially since there weren't any animatronics at all in the first re-do. Hopefully there are a few new animatronics in the ride, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything sophisticated here.

A theory is that they are returning the AA's from the original attraction. Dreamfinder's balloon was all set to be sold on Disney Auctions, but before the auction closed it was pulled mysteriously. But it would make sense to pull it if they were going to reuse it somehow.

Right you are, Hope! For starters there was no mention of David Mumford the designer of the re-vamped attraction. Unfortunatly, David got very ill just 3 months into after he arrived in Florida and had to return to California, but the design and intital work is his, and he deserves the credit.

As for "One Little Spark" - I think you'll be surprised! Same tune - new lerics!

And Figment has always been the symbol of Epcot - nothing new there as far as I'm conserned. Just good to see him back where he belongs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter