Immigration at MCO Terminal C

manakin

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

so, I was reading about the new terminal at MCO and I saw about the kind of new experience for customs. So, basically you just have to walk this long distance to take your bag and then that's it? No immigration booth?

Anyone can share their experience with flying in terminal C? I keep reading that the wait for bags is kinda awful....

thank you very much!

The path to the bags is very long. By the time we got there our luggage was already being off-loaded. I had time to take my little one to the loo and the final of our four checked bags rolled out less than a minute later. There were multiple large lavatories in the luggage area, which is very nice as at other airports I've had to wait with an infant's exploded nappy through US immigration before getting to a changing area.

There were complementary luggage trolleys there, my wife snagged one and I'm afraid I don't know where it was. After you get your luggage, there's an immigration area which uses biometric cameras to speed up the process. There were dozens of booths, most staffed. There was not a very long wait for us, but ours appeared to be the only flight to have recently landed. Customs, such as it was, seemed to consist of an air lock after that. They make you give up your luggage trolley after that, and you're in US.

We had to get to Terminal B for our resort transfer. This is not as simple a task as it should be. By plan, there are two ways to get from Terminal C to B, but neither is great. One is to take a free coach transfer, and the other is take a free tram. We didn't see signs for the tram anywhere in Terminal C, because we didn't know what it was called. It's called "Terminal Link", and the airport expects you to know this if you want to use it. You have to go down a lift, across a bit and then down another lift, through a parking garage, and several corridors to get to it. The parking garage has several large gaps in the pavement with some rubber tubing. If you're not looking out for this carefully, anything you're taking across on wheels will catch there and fall over. You're free to take any luggage trolleys you've found to rent onto the tram, but we only found them available on the Terminal B side.

The coaches are much better sign-posted and much closer. It felt confusing at the time, but we got through it fine. The driver loaded and unloaded our bags, and we didn't have tipping cash and felt awkward. We were dropped off pretty much in the middle of Terminal B, with Mears all the way to the left, and Sunshine Flyer all the way to the right. If you need Terminal A, it's just straight through Terminal B.

There's a bank in Terminal A if you want to use a cash machine, but we discovered after this that there are currency exchangers on level 2 in Terminal B which are much closer and have smaller denominations. For some reason only one sign out of many that we saw listed this on level 2.

The path to the bags is very long. By the time we got there our luggage was already being off-loaded. I had time to take my little one to the loo and the final of our four checked bags rolled out less than a minute later. There were multiple large lavatories in the luggage area, which is very nice as at other airports I've had to wait with an infant's exploded nappy through US immigration before getting to a changing area.

There were complementary luggage trolleys there, my wife snagged one and I'm afraid I don't know where it was. After you get your luggage, there's an immigration area which uses biometric cameras to speed up the process. There were dozens of booths, most staffed. There was not a very long wait for us, but ours appeared to be the only flight to have recently landed. Customs, such as it was, seemed to consist of an air lock after that. They make you give up your luggage trolley after that, and you're in US.

We had to get to Terminal B for our resort transfer. This is not as simple a task as it should be. By plan, there are two ways to get from Terminal C to B, but neither is great. One is to take a free coach transfer, and the other is take a free tram. We didn't see signs for the tram anywhere in Terminal C, because we didn't know what it was called. It's called "Terminal Link", and the airport expects you to know this if you want to use it. You have to go down a lift, across a bit and then down another lift, through a parking garage, and several corridors to get to it. The parking garage has several large gaps in the pavement with some rubber tubing. If you're not looking out for this carefully, anything you're taking across on wheels will catch there and fall over. You're free to take any luggage trolleys you've found to rent onto the tram, but we only found them available on the Terminal B side.

The coaches are much better sign-posted and much closer. It felt confusing at the time, but we got through it fine. The driver loaded and unloaded our bags, and we didn't have tipping cash and felt awkward. We were dropped off pretty much in the middle of Terminal B, with Mears all the way to the left, and Sunshine Flyer all the way to the right. If you need Terminal A, it's just straight through Terminal B.

There's a bank in Terminal A if you want to use a cash machine, but we discovered after this that there are currency exchangers on level 2 in Terminal B which are much closer and have smaller denominations. For some reason only one sign out of many that we saw listed this on level 2.
thank you for the details!
My problem is that I'll arrive from Italy and my parents from NY (they'll start a bit earlier the holiday there) and they will arrive one hour earlier than my flight. We need to decide if they will wait for me in terminal B or if they will directly go to the Beach Club resort.
btw, thanks you :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter