Imperial Cities _ YOU MUST HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE

tiggr33

DVC '97
For those doing Imperial Cities, don't forget there is a entry requirement (even for tourist) for Prague. All must have medical insurance or trip insurance with medical that covers a minumum of $38,000, many basic travel insurance plans have a 10k limit. I am in the final planning stages of my trip next month and ABD does not tell you this information. I found it the info by accident and the below is copied and pasted from a response I received from the Czech emabassy when I inquired about this situation. I asked if travel insurance with medical was sufficient as I do not have medical insurance.

Please note that you are required to have a travel/health insurance to travel to the Czech Republic. Your health insurance must cover the medical services abroad - if not, you must have a travel insurance for possible expenses and hospitalization charges for medical reasons (accidents or unexpected illness while traveling in the Czech Republic),including repatriation to the country of your legal residence or to the country which issued your travel document. Minimum coverage of the insurance has to be at least $ 38,000. Make sure you will have a proof (for example: a letter issued by the insurance company, or a copy of the contract or any other document which will give the detailed information on the type and coverage of your insurance) of your medical insurance with you when entering the Czech Republic.

I was told by AbD when we booked, and reminded again at final payment. I made sure that all my clients were aware as well because, for a family, there are sometimes health insurance IDs only for the subscriber. I contacted my insurance company to be sure I had something in writing for my three grown sons.

However, that said, the proof of insurance never left my document holder. By no means am I saying that you shouldn't have it and bring proof -- just that we never had to show it.

Have a wonderful time! This is a great trip!

What is this about!!!????? I have health insurance but add'l??? Not sure WHAT I need to bring now! Will call ABD tomorrow as we leave in 2 weeks!!!!!

What is this about!!!????? I have health insurance but add'l??? Not sure WHAT I need to bring now! Will call ABD tomorrow as we leave in 2 weeks!!!!!

What is this about...it's about your medical insurance or your travel insurance must have a minimum of $38,000 in coverage when in the Czech Republic.

Nobody said you have to have additional insurance, I stated what the Czech Republic laws says. Before calling ABD, I'd call your insurance company to insure you have coverage outside the US, and what the limitations are. If you health insurance has the correct coverage. Bring your insurance card and those of your family. I will need to bring the endorsment letter from my travel insurance.

WDWSOS, your in the lucky few. I and those I am traveling with were NOT told by ABD about the insurance issue. I found it on my own, when checking the US State Dept. website for tourist going to Eastern Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter