IMPORTANT: Bad behavior in DIS Chat rooms

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
The webmasters have received a number of complaints recently about disruptive behavior in the DIS chat rooms. It's important for everyone to know that rude behavior in the Chat rooms isn't permitted, and will result in the offenders receiving infraction points or even being banned from the DISboards.

The problems appear to be coming mostly from teens/VMK players.

Examples of bad behavior:

Disrupting a scheduled DIS chat with nonsense posts. We have scheduled chats each night at 9:00 PM eastern and at 2:00 PM eastern on Sundays. These Chats have topics: Cruising, Resorts, Trip Planning, etc. They are NOT for general IM type chitchat and VMK talk.

Arguments.

Insults.

Profanity.

Threats.

If you are participating in a chat session and others are being disruptive or rude, please alert the webmasters immediately (while the behavior is still occurring) by sending an email to admin@wdwinfo.com.

WebmasterKathy

I never knew there was a Chat. Now I have something new to try on Sunday :)

Does anyone know if I can just go into the Chat and watch. See what everyone is talking about and if something comes up that I want to talk about I can.?? Or do you have to talk?? LoL.

BTW: Thanks for the Info. WebmasterKathy

Thank you Kathy...I have been trying to pop in and say hi on and off but not getting there as much as I would like.

Yes you may go into Chat and not chat until you are comfortable chatting.

If you are having trouble logging into chat, I would suggest posting your problem on the Technical Support Board. They should be able to help you with your question.

And a BUMP to make sure everyone sees this reminder of Chat rules!

bump

read the rules, live the rules ,find out there was a dis chat!

There are now two new rooms added the VMK Discussion Room and the Group Cruise Discussion along with Rooms 1, 2 and 3.

To get to the chat, click chat on the DIS toolbar up above.
chat.jpg

I like all the new rooms you guys have added, thanks webmasters!

Thanks for posting! I never knew Dis had a chatroom.

EDIT: The chatroom doesn't work for me though.

As some of you chatters have seen there has been two NEW chat rooms one of them one is Group Cruise Disscusion and the other is VMK Chat room, all of us need to use the VMK chat room if you are talking about VMK but as for some of you like talking about other stuff such as music, different video games, videos, etc. Please use the main chat room, room 2, or room 3. Remember no cursing, cussing, or talking about bad subjects. Thank you for reading this update.

Davn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter