IMPORTANT: FAQ- What's happened to my signature?

I'm subscribing to this thread in the hopes that someone creates a DIS-friendly day countdown or even a path ticker that is Disney related. The cutesy, Spring ones just don't feel right...

vettechick99 said:
I'm subscribing to this thread in the hopes that someone creates a DIS-friendly day countdown or even a path ticker that is Disney related. The cutesy, Spring ones just don't feel right...

I could not agree more.

I have clicked on the links for help with resizing your clipart, but can not figure out how to do it with this new code...if anyone can help me???

previously my height was set to ="200"

what do I add to the new vb codes to shrink my pic of sleeping beauty?

You can't control the size of your graphics with the vB codes.

You will need to edit the image elsewhere (on your own computer), and upload the image at the size you want to use.

Does this change have anything to do with my having a bunch of gobbledeegoop text under my posts now? I never used to be there and I'm afraid I'm not computer savvy enough to to why it's there. Sorry if this is unrelated.

yooperfan said:
Does this change have anything to do with my having a bunch of gobbledeegoop text under my posts now? I never used to be there and I'm afraid I'm not computer savvy enough to to why it's there. Sorry if this is unrelated.
DING DING DING, We have a winner :crazy:

Seriously, Yes, that is what the Gobbledeegoop is. It is special codes that will no longer work on the Dis. It looks like you had a countdown timer in your signature.

I suggest you click on the timer that is in my signature, and get yourself a Ticker. You can then replace (edit Signature from the UserCP) the Gobbledeegoop with a shiney new ticker...

:jumping2:

AFTER SETTNG UP YOUR COUNTDOWN ON TICKERFACTORY ..HOW DO YOU CUT AND PASTE IT TO THE DISBOARD SITE (sig) ? WE CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT...

2canadianfans said:
AFTER SETTNG UP YOUR COUNTDOWN ON TICKERFACTORY ..HOW DO YOU CUT AND PASTE IT TO THE DISBOARD SITE (sig) ? WE CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT...
I used the "BBcode option. I highlighted it, Ctrl-c (for copy), go to where you want to put it, click where you want to insert it, and type a Ctrl-v (paste).

Thanks,

Can we still access the page to create the html for the active counters? I'd like to grab the html and put it on my personal web page so the kids can see it. I know I can't post it here, but it would be great if I could use the old page to generate the html code.

Hi

How do I change my sponsor logo so it works? Looks like if it's underneath my nickname, it might work there.

Oh.... and please speak slowly.... I just learning computer talk. :crazy:

Thanks

Susan

do the new count down clocks automatically count down and how do you cut and paste to your dis boards signature

Ok, I could see my ticker factory time line until last week, and now I can't see it. I see others, and it does appear to be in my signature board, but not on line.

Bobbi :flower:

PS. Did you guys put it there? I see it now! If so, thanks!

Okay, my image is only 3007 bytes, 160 by 60 pixels, uses only 3 images put into one, does not use a html tag, does not take up over 12 lines, isn't dirty or vulgar or anything, so i cant' imagine why it wouldn't be fine.

Miss_Will_Turner said:
Okay, my image is only 3007 bytes, 160 by 60 pixels, uses only 3 images put into one, does not use a html tag, does not take up over 12 lines, isn't dirty or vulgar or anything, so i cant' imagine why it wouldn't be fine.

I think the problem may be the .htm tag. (if I read your post right). It is nothing personal, but when you use the .htm the content is being hosted elsewhere, and it is possible tto easily change what is on the page. You also could add annoying content and/or music that the dis has disabled. Not that you would do anything malitious, but you could. It is a liability thing...It would also allow you to bypass the word filters and any auto checking.

Again, this is JMHO, but I would think that this is the reasoning behind disabling the .htm

Okay, thanks, well, I would at least like whoever disabled it last time to have told me exactly why, but the strange thing is that it said "oversized image removed" under my siggy and the image isn't anywheres near being oversized, and it does not say.htm in my siggy, it says .jpg, so i am stumped.

Your pirates banner is 59K, which is over the 50K limit.

It's 430 x 160 pixels, which would be okay if the filesize wasn't too big, but it's a lot bigger than you thought it was.

Well, My apologies then, i suppose I read it wrong or something, i coulda sworn the computer said 3007 bytes, but now it says 59029 bytes! heck yesh thats big! heh heh, yeah , I so brilliant with technology. pirate: my siggy should* be appropriate now. i downsized, but, of course, my posessed computer may not be telling me everything. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!