Impromtu Commitment Ceremony

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
I would appreciate it if anyone here could tell me about any experiences doing a quickie wedding/commitment ceremony at WDW. I want basically to have a minister, us, and maybe a group of 20 others at most. Most likely the group will be less than 6. This can be a very quick ceremony, it will be done in casual clothes, it should be done at WDW in MK or AK if possible.

Basically, I want to gather our group somewhere pretty, do the vow thing, and move on. LOL Neither of us is into the big wedding thing, especially since lesbians have no legal rights to marriage in Georgia or Florida. Make it legal and honey, we will raise the roof! :Pinkbounc We have been engaged for almost 4 years now, but my partner surprised me with wedding bands last night. I would love to arrange this as a special part of our December vacation.

Anyone ever do any sort of quickie ceremony at WDW??

You would have to contact Disney's FairyTale Weddings to plan, or www.justmarry.com if you would consider the swan/dolphin resort location. To get married in the parks I believe it can only be after hours and the minimum is some crazy amount like 40,000 dollars !!! I think that Disney's intimate weddings are for groups of 13 and less-cost start somewhere between 3-4 thousand. Thats about all the info that I have.
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool:

hmmm.....we were thinking something along the lines of just looking like a group touring the park and when the time was right, just taking a few minutes to say "do ya'?" "yes" "do ya'" "yes" "y'all are done" kind of thing. lol The ceremony should only be a 10 minute deal max. No music, no frills, no walking down an aisle. Just meet - talk through it- done. Is this possible without directly involving Disney?

While my best man and I were preparing for the wedding, our officient was hanging out with us in the Groom's room. He took a call from someone looking to book his services and do a "clandestine" ceremony somewhere in the parks, similar to your situation. He told them in no uncertain circumstances that it was a bad idea. In fact, he said something along the lines of, 'if they catch you, you will find yourself out of the park as quickly as possible". He also stated that they would be treated as criminals, since, well, they would be.

Why risk being on the short end of the stick with Disney? Just go the proper route.... Or do a ceremony in one of the hotel rooms on property. I've heard those have tended to turn out well.
-Andrew

Definitely, DEFINITELY don't try to sneak a wedding on Disney property! As Andy said, you can always get a hotel room with a balcony that has a beautiful view and do the service on the balcony. If you wanted something more elaborate, like refreshments served, Private Dining could arrange for that for you. I think that other than this, Just Marry at the Swan is the only other option - Disney really protects its right to have couples go through FTW for any kind of wedding or VR or commitment ceremony. But one of the brides on the Disneymooners list rented out a suite at the Boardwalk with a beautiful, long balcony, and had a full wedding there, with 40 guests, b/c the suite was just HUGE! So you can even do something pretty elaborate like that, though it sounds that you want something more casual. Sounds like your most cost effective route is just to get a room at one of the deluxe hotels, with a nice view & balcony, and do it there.
Cheers!
Heather W

I definately agree, do not try to do a quickie ceremony somewhere. I have heard they will brake it up if they see it. Your best bets would probabbly be the Swan or a Suite, since disney FTW will only do legal weddings(with a marriage licence or proof of an existing marriage licence). The nice thing about the suite would be that you'd get it for the whole night...awesome start to a honeymoon!!
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter