In case you need to know TMI but I am livid

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
16,000 dollars just to be told I have a kidney stone

First I went to urgent care thinking it was a kidney infection then they tell me to go to the ER because I need a ct scan to see how big it is it is only 5cm so they send me home with pain meds

I am livid with my self had I not gone to urgent care this would not have happened but then again I would have been in pain with out knowing why

Will your insurance not cover that? And that seems awfully high, but in fairness, we have great insurance so I really have no idea what ERs charge.

Would you have gone straight to ER instead? Did urgent care cost $16,000? Wouldn't you still have needed a CT scan show they could determine the problem/whether you needed a different treatment?

It’s says I have other insurance then the one I showed not true unless they are talking prescription coverage and I doubt that

It sounds like someone entered a wrong code or wrong information into a computer and the insurance claim was rejected. I've had this happen many times. There was a time about 20 years I referred to our health insurance company as the Blue Care Nutwork for the volume of errors that were happening. If you are unable to get it sorted out ask if maybe your mom or someone else might help you get it squared away.

Are you sure what you're looking at isn't an "Estimate of Services", and not a bill?

You need to talk to the Billing Dept of the ER you went to and tell them you are unclear on your charges and insurance. Make sure they have the right insurance card numbers, and maybe they can sort it all out. I talk to them a lot for different things and they're pretty good.

Do you have a close family member who can help you sort this out? There really are too many things that could have been done incorrectly by either the hospital or the insurance company for anyone here to pinpoint what the problem is.

Are you sure what you're looking at isn't an "Estimate of Services", and not a bill?

You need to talk to the Billing Dept of the ER you went to and tell them you are unclear on your charges and insurance. Make sure they have the right insurance card numbers, and maybe they can sort it all out. I talk to them a lot for different things and they're pretty good.

It says total

is that the one that says this is not a bill? that is what i usually get after a dr appt

i know that baseline, my ER co-pay is $350.00 - that is why unless I am DYING i will wait until 8AM and do a walkin at the clinic for $30

Might very well be an Estimate of Services, might be a bill. If it's a bill, then you may need some help getting it sorted out so your insurance pays their portion.

Often we get a statement from the care provider with the total sticker shock amount. Then if you keep reading, it says that insurance has been filed and the big amount does not reflect taking the insurance into account.

If this is the first you've seen about this visit, I think that may be what you have received.

Have someone look over it with you, but I bet that you have received only the first notice and that there will be a much reduced bill to follow.

Often we get a statement from the care provider with the total sticker shock amount. Then if you keep reading, it says that insurance has been filed and the big amount does not reflect taking the insurance into account.

If this is the first you've seen about this visit, I think that may be what you have received.

Have someone look over it with you, but I bet that you have received only the first notice and that there will be a much reduced bill to follow.

Only my first one

If only I had a crystal ball I am not sure I would have gone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!