In need of one nice meal out of a park...

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
DH and I are heading to WDW for 4 full days in March. We have two park days, one water park day, and one just hang out day. We want to treat ourselves to a nice (but don't break the bank Victoria and Alberts) meal on a non park day. So...we each decided to research and write down our three top choices, then compare and decide. I am cheating a bit and asking my dis-friends where would you go? No heavy mac and cheese stuff, someplace we aren't rushed, maybe a bit low key if possible for Disney.

Thanks,
Karen

ETA-we are staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge, DVC owners, empty nesters

Our two fav's are Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk and Jiko's at AKL. Jiko's is the more expensive of the two I think.

I need to try Jiko, because many are calling it the best food on property right now. Mixed reviews on Flying Fish lately, both here, and from CM's I've talked to.

We haven't eaten there in some time, but if you're staying at WL, you might consider Artist Point. Beautiful, serene, and very good food -at least when we had it. YMMV.

DH and I are heading to WDW for 4 full days in March. We have two park days, one water park day, and one just hang out day. We want to treat ourselves to a nice (but don't break the bank Victoria and Alberts) meal on a non park day. So...we each decided to research and write down our three top choices, then compare and decide. I am cheating a bit and asking my dis-friends where would you go? No heavy mac and cheese stuff, someplace we aren't rushed, maybe a bit low key if possible for Disney.

Thanks,
Karen

It's a no-brainer for me. Number 1 would be Artist Point at WL. It's consistently good and was hands-down the best meal of our trip just a few weeks ago. Everything was delicious and beautifully plated. The restaurant is so lovely and the waitstaff are wonderful. It's quite low-key - one of the quieter signatures on property.

Number 2 would be one of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (if you aren't on the dining plan). bluezoo is our favorite, Il Mulino is very good, or, if you like sushi, Kimono's is the best on property IMHO. All are low-key. You could then take a stroll around the Boardwalk.

Number 3 would be Cali Grill. The food is good (Artist Point is better), servers great and the view is AMAZING! You can boat there from WL!

It's a no-brainer for me. Number 1 would be Artist Point at WL. It's consistently good and was hands-down the best meal of our trip just a few weeks ago. Everything was delicious and beautifully plated. The restaurant is so lovely and the waitstaff are wonderful. It's quite low-key - one of the quieter signatures on property.

Number 2 would be one of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (if you aren't on the dining plan). bluezoo is our favorite, Il Mulino is very good, or, if you like sushi, Kimono's is the best on property IMHO. All are low-key. You could then take a stroll around the Boardwalk.

Number 3 would be Cali Grill. The food is good (Artist Point is better), servers great and the view is AMAZING! You can boat there from WL!

Agreed. Impossible to go wrong with either California or Artist Point, IMO. For our experiences, California Grill edged out AP a bit, primarily because we had a total superstar for a server. Also looking forward to trying out those Swan & Dolphin establishments -the word is that Shula's is actually consistently better than Yachtsman.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is amazing amazing amazing. Not only is it always our best meal on property, it ranks in our best meals of all time.

I would discourage Artist Point. Had a terrible experience there and never went back.

Thanks for the suggestions! We have been to California Grill a few years ago and it was very good. We have always wanted to give Artist's Point a try and it would be a no brainer if it wasn't for all those new Disney Springs choices. Why does the dining choice always seem to be such a difficult decision ;) ?

Any particular area/resort you want to be at?

I would consider Sanaa, Jiko, The Wave or The Edison at Disney Springs.

California Grill, Jiko, Flying Fish.
The restaurants at the Edison look really, but have not had a chance to try yet.

California Grill (esp if you can book and be there during MK fireworks), Flying Fish, Citricos, and Artist Point are our faves. We have tried Jiko several times and it is definitely an adventure, good quality, and good staff but we did not like the flavors at all. We kept trying it bc people rave about it but we just don't like it for some reason. Animal Kingdom Lodge is beautiful though!

Flying Fish
Swan/Dolphin restaurants
We discovered the Mayan Grill at CSR last trip and really enjoyed it.

If you want Steak Bull and Bear at the Waldorf.
If you want Italian Il Mulino at the Swan
If you want Seafood Bluzoo at the Dolphin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter