In need of support, prayer, AND pixie dust

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
My DS7 had a kidney transplant in September 2003 and has been out of school since, recovering. In mid November, I got the idea that it would be SO fun to celebrate his new kidney and birthday with Mickey. We LOVE WDW and I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate life than at WDW. I talked to his doctor, who said the trip would be good for him, especially right before going back to school.

Tickets are bought, ressies are made. I found the DIS and started "tweaking" our trip. Didn't tell DS, and still haven't. It was going to be a surprise for him on his birthday (the day before we are supposed to leave). Josh went to the doctor on Monday for his regular checkup and his levels are all crazy. Went back for more lab work yesterday and they were better (thank you GOD). But, the doctor is worried about the contuinuing fluxuations in his labs. She delivered the devastating news today that we "may" have to cancel our trip.

I tried to keep it together on the phone, but I am SO heartbroken. And it's not just the trip--it's his health. We've had a roller coaster ride since transplant, but he had been stable for a few months. All hope is not lost--we're going back again for more tests tomorrow. But if levels are crazy again, he's going to have to have a biopsy.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray that this does not have to take place. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray that he is healthy enough to make this trip. I KNOW it's not the end of the world if we don't get to go right now. We'll be able to go at some point in the future. Things just seemed too perfect to go now: Josh won't miss any school, I won't miss any school (I'm getting my MSW), we have the money, we have lots to celebrate. . .Need I go on???

Please help my breaking heart. I need support. Thank you so much for listening and letting me ramble . . .

Joshsmom,

All my prayers to you and your family. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. I will keep you in my daily prayers and send tinkerbell with pixie dust for you!

Aimee

Joshmom:
Our prayers and support are with you and Josh. Trust you all will get to WDW. It would boost everyones spirit I'm sure.

...... ....... ... ........... .... . .. . . . ... . . . ... ................. (pixie dust)

Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust.
I know how it is when it seems like your whole world is unraveling. Hope it all gets back together again in time for your trip to happen.

:hug: If there was a smiley with heart with a bandaid across it, I'd put it here X

Let us know how his tests are...I'm thinking about you, - because I know you're thinking about Josh - you take care of your little boy - and we'll gladly let you ramble:) any ole time you want:) sending prayers and pixie dust..:hug:

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. I have spent some very anxious moments in the past few days waiting for lab results. FINALLY last night the doctor called and his creatinine level, which shows the level of kidney functioning, is the best it's been in about a month. Whoever tells you that prayers, support, and pixie dust don't work, just DOESN'T BELIEVE!!! You HAVE to believe!!!!

We're not out of the woods yet for the trip. His white blood cell count is still dropping, which could mean infection or who knows what else. However, it could also be a mediation issue that would only require the medication to be adjusted. That's where the doctor is starting anyway. So far all tests for infection have been negative.

Thanks to all of you for being here for me. Keep praying!! I know I will!

Love and Health
Carolyn

Thanks for the update. We'll keep the prayers coming.

Sending you Tons of healing pixie dust for your family,Josh,and your trip!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just an update--I'm on cloud nine and heading towards Neverland (second star to the right?)

Went to the doctor today with Josh. I asked the nurse if she had made arrangements yet for WDW blood draws. She said she hadn't--she had to "wait" for todays lab results. So I said I would "wait" with her because I wasn't leaving without an answer! Finally at 2:43pm, Josh was given then green light to GO!!!!!!!! I wanted to do cartwheels out of the hospital! Creatinine level is still normal--white blood cell count almost normal!!!!!! Only thing that would stop us now is a serious turn for the worse--but it's not going to happen!!!

Let me say it again--you GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! Thank you all for your prayers, support and pixie dust!! I'll keep you posted--but I know it will all be good news!!!!

Have a Blessed Christmas!!

I just want to say that I met Joshsmom, her mother and Josh at MGM yesterday! Josh is a sweetie! They are having alot of fun and their vacation is going well. Nice meeting you Carolyn!

Muffy

Thanks for the report, Muffy.
Happy to hear things are going well for Josh and his family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter