In Praise of SSR

3DisneyKids

More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008
As many of you patient people know (b/c you have been answering my questions for months...LOL) we have been planning on buying into DVC for the last year. However, what was holding us back was the ol' "buy where you stay" arguments as opposed to buying SSR for the longer term.

We love BWV and BCV. And since I hang around the DIS, I have heard lots of negative about SSR, so I was worried about buying there.

Well, we finally had an opportunity to stay at SSR and we LOVE IT! It is BEAUTIFUL and CMs were WONDERFUL. We were in the Springs in the building closest to the pool and Carriage House, so that made a BIG difference.

Yes, it is huge and yes, if you are far from the main pool it could be a problem. However, the CMs stated that another themed pool will be coming when the last phase is done. Pluss we all already know that table service is coming at that counter service will be expanding.

For us, though, this means that the decision has FINALLY been made! We will defiitely buy DVC now and we will buy at SSR for the longer term. We will still stay at our old favorites, too, but now we feel like we can't go wrong since we will also love our home resort.

Oh Tom....what do you have for resales at SSR???? LOL!!

Congratulations!!!! I just looked and there are some nice SSR contracts. There's even one for 1000 points, if you happen to have an extra $88,000.00 lying around!!!!!

3DisneyKids said:
We will still stay at our old favorites, too, but now we feel like we can't go wrong since we will also love our home resort.
I think you handled this decision process just right, and am glad to hear that you will love your home resort. Won't it be nice to know that some place you like so much is your "fall back" position when looking to stay elsewhere? It sounds like SSR turned out to be your kind of place.

Looking forward to welcoming you home! :thumbsup2

Granny said:
I think you handled this decision process just right, and am glad to hear that you will love your home resort. Won't it be nice to know that some place you like so much is your "fall back" position when looking to stay elsewhere? It sounds like SSR turned out to be your kind of place.

Looking forward to welcoming you home! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for saying this. It has been agonizing...LOL...though I don't really know why. We knew we wanted DVC, so that was not the difficult part...it was just the whole "which resort" question. I'm sure that if we had just listened to our guide we would have purchased long ago, but I am a researcher....so I headed over here to the DIS and that is where my troubles began! LOL I started reading all of the "buy where you'll stay" threads.

So I am glad that we stayed at SSR b/c now we will buy with confidence.

And yeah, I saw the the 1,000 point contract at Tom's....that is just a bit much for our first contract... :rotfl2:

3Dkids Can't wait to welcome you home! SSR is such a lovely resort. It's hard not to feel warm and fuzzy when you're there.
So glad your visit affirmed that for you!

WOO HOO for you!

~DW

What an exciting time for you. Congratulations and a soon to come, "Welcome Home" :thumbsup2

You are going to love it.

All the best,

Lisa

Welcome Home to the place we love so much. Our most recent DVC vacation was at OKW and we certainly enjoyed our stay there -- it is a luxurious resort and we'll go back to OKW -- but it wasn't completely home. I felt so happy to drive through the gates at SSR -- explaining to the Disney Security that we wanted to show our friend around SSR. The amazing Security guard directed us to the Open House and said that was where we needed to take our friend. We felt so much "at home" giving our friend the complete tour of the model suites with the full blessings of Disney Security, two DVC guides showing prospective members through, and the DVC "host" stationed in the GV. SSR is definitely home for us when we are at Disney.

Congrats! We are members at SSR and love it! We wanted to try a different resort this time around and we booked BWV for our October trip. As much as I am looking forward to staying at BWV, I think I will miss going and not staying at SSR.

Eric

3DisneyKids said:
As many of you patient people know (b/c you have been answering my questions for months...LOL) we have been planning on buying into DVC for the last year. However, what was holding us back was the ol' "buy where you stay" arguments as opposed to buying SSR for the longer term.

We love BWV and BCV. And since I hang around the DIS, I have heard lots of negative about SSR, so I was worried about buying there.

Well, we finally had an opportunity to stay at SSR and we LOVE IT! It is BEAUTIFUL and CMs were WONDERFUL. We were in the Springs in the building closest to the pool and Carriage House, so that made a BIG difference.

Yes, it is huge and yes, if you are far from the main pool it could be a problem. However, the CMs stated that another themed pool will be coming when the last phase is done. Pluss we all already know that table service is coming at that counter service will be expanding.

For us, though, this means that the decision has FINALLY been made! We will defiitely buy DVC now and we will buy at SSR for the longer term. We will still stay at our old favorites, too, but now we feel like we can't go wrong since we will also love our home resort.

Oh Tom....what do you have for resales at SSR???? LOL!!

SSR can have that effect on you once you stay there. It's a wonderful resort, and I never thought I'd purchase anthing other than OKW points. We did our first add on with SSR points last year after staying at SSR for the first time last summer. OKW is still our favorite (and where we have most of our points), but we can't wait to go back to SSR too. Congratulations on your decision! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, especially when the year 2043 rolls around. ;)

Glad you'll be joining us, neighbor! You have chosen....wisely!

Oh, and I'll bet that once you get a feel for the place, it won't seem nearly as big. I felt the same way driving through OKW before we stayed there - I could NEVER imagine learning all those twisty roads and curvy turns, but once we stayed there it all came together in my head.

Be well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!