In-Room Babysitting

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
Does anyone have any idea why Disney does not offer "in-room sitting service"? We had a wonderful time on our WONDER cruise last July DS is 11 and is a special needs child and he is no problem but he is in diapers and a wheelchair and because of his disability he is at a 1-2 year old developmental stage. My DD loved the Kids Club but hey would not take DS there. DS goes to sleep at around 7 and this meant one of us had to stay with him while he slept. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, Most of the time I would put him to bed and then sit on the veranda and read That in is self is a great vacation. Please don't take this the wrong way, we LOVE our little boy but, I would have loved to see the shows with DD and DH. I would have loved to go to PALO with DH. When we were at Disney World we did take advantage of Fairy Godmothers and we were able to put DS to bed and then have a nice dinner in the hotel knowing if there was a problem we would only be a "page " away. I have researched other cruise lines and some of them did offer either group sitting in your stateroom or sitting in other parts of the ship. We don't want to go on another cruise line as we had a magical time on the Disney Cruise. Any idea why Disney offers this in Disney World and not on the ship?? I am aware that Disney does not have its own sitters and that it is through Fairy Godmothers but couldnt they so something like this on the ship?? I am just curious. Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this subject.

Long ago, they DID offer in-room babysitting, but it was very difficult to secure. Basically the sitters were off-duty crew members.

I think because Disney offers children's programming until midnight or later every night for the 3 and up crowd, and group babysitting for those under age 3 every night, they decided they do not need in-room babysitting. Most cruise lines that offer in-room sitting do NOT have the alternatives that Disney has.

Unfortunately it is situations like yours that fall between the cracks with this system. I wish I could help you find a way on Disney, but short of taking along another adult to help with the babysitting I don't know what else to tell you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!