In Search of my Body...Not The One I ate...#3 "Crowning Goddesses As We Go"

LISA! I'm so glad you are back. I totally missed you :hug:

Christmas Eve...still have kids (and some adults...:laughing: ) here playing Guitar Hero :rotfl2: OMG. I have gifts to wrap still. I'm old. and tired :rotfl: Really though - it's been a fun evening. But they do need to go home soon :rolleyes1

Lyz - you "are" the cookie tray. :laughing: That made me laugh...I'm feeling the "waistband pinch" right about now :eek: too much good food!!! :confused3 Tomorrow is a quiet day for us...just us, no obligations, no parties. I might even work out! ;) yes. I will check in tomorrow too....

Have a GREAT day tomorrow. Much peace and joy to all of you....:hug:

Right now I AM the cookie tray.[/B][/COLOR]

OMG. :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: Love it!

Merry Christmas Everybody! I hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday.

Hey Amiee! :lovestruc

LISA! I'm so glad you are back. I totally missed you :hug:

That's so flippin' sweet Nancy.

I have a lovely Christmas Eve story for you all. So grab yourself a cookie - off the tray. No not that one - not the cutie - the real tray. :rotfl: Get yourself all snuggly and warm. popcorn::

Cause I'm all snuggly and warm too. :hug:

Why you ask? Cause this was a very special Christmas Eve. :lovestruc

So where was I? Hmmm back to the all warm and snuggly. :love:

All warm cause I just sweated my a$$ up fifteen flight of stairs. :scared1: That's why. :lmao:

See it was the night before Christmas,
And I don't own a house,
You see I wanted to live downtown
And houses here - well i don't have a crown

And nothing could be heard
Throughout the entire condo
All occupants were lazying about
Hey, not even a drunken shout

And all of a sudden
The cats made a dash
Cause what could be happening
Oh just some fire alarm thing

Nothing to move on
It won't be too long
See fire alarms are okay
They happen here at least every thirty days

It's Christmas Eve so no worries
What I wouldn't do for some Chicken curry
But the elevators aren't working and it's a long way down
But hey there might be cute firefighters around

So I wait for our cue
The usual sound system call - false alarm you
But no it's Christmas Eve
So on comes a firefighter named Steve or Cleve

"It's not a fire folks" he squeals
Are you ready for the deal?
Oh yes we are Steve or Cleve
And I'm not even peeved it's Christmas Eve:lmao:

Folks the water main has broke
The elevators are completely choked
The lobby is a mess
I have to fess

Oh Steve or Cleve why don't you just leave?:lmao:
We have loads of water and hey - you were looking for a fire
Go back down the street
And have your Christmas feast

So elevators no
Toilets oh
- yuck that would be whoa
Water's turned off - a bust
Who knew it would be such a must

But guess what
Do good things and they come back
Cause a friend of mine across
The street so thanked me for looking after Lucy the cat

Oh yeah I say
As I pass all my neighbours
On the long way down
I have my own working washroom two steps
And a just a corner around

So when you go down
You must come back up
The lobby ceilings are somewhat out
But there is no need to pout

It's flooded and damaged
But hey who knew I'd get exercise
On this special night
Although I swore at each fu#$in flight

But it's Christmas folks
Our poor concierge has had quite the night
And I'm all warm and cuddly
Back in my suite
And so happily beat

And I heard me exclaim
As I finally caught level fifteen
"In record time I'm finally here -
Just maybe a workout is better than a beer:confused3 !"
Oh dear. :lmao:

AAAH And I wrote right into Christmas Day!!!
[COLOR="darkorchid":lovestruc ]Lovely!:lovestruc [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Merry, Merry Christmas to you all!

It's 12:45 am and the fire alarm just went off again!!!!:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

Santa's here! What a loud boy!:rotfl2:

Oh Rudolph with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleep tonight!:rotfl:

Merry Christmas everyone! have a great day I am finally off to bed! If I can sleep with al this wind! Very noisy tonight!

Oh I came home from work and my mother was watching our favorite family of 18~ The duggars! I watched from 1030 till 130! :happytv: WOW is all I can say!

Ok night and Merry christmas! Think of me at work tomorrow!

Liz, that's awesome!!

I made sure to have food in the house this year, since the last time we ate at my sister-in-law's for Christmas we wound up at the Chinese place. Her cooking is legendarily awful.

Anyhow, safe travels to anyone traveling, and I hope everyone goes smoothly for those having people at home. Happy Holidays!
Kat...hope you don't end up eating Tuna in a Can...or Chicken by the sea...for your Christmas meal! :lmao:
Lyz - you "are" the cookie tray. :laughing: That made me laugh...I'm feeling the "waistband pinch" right about now :eek: too much good food!!! :confused3 Tomorrow is a quiet day for us...just us, no obligations, no parties. I might even work out! ;) yes. I will check in tomorrow too....

Have a GREAT day tomorrow. Much peace and joy to all of you....:hug:

Nancy..stop getting pinched! Merry Christmas and I am glad you wil have the day with your kids and your hubby...awesome day...just you guys...

Lisa - great story....needed that this morning...and to the rest of you...

Blessed Christmas and beautiful memories!

We had a great night last night with my mom and sister...are new pastor sounds like a Muppet...and it engaged the kids...;)

I am doing good with the kids gone this morning...but it did not mean that I slept in...unfortunatley I never can...I think it is an omen from God I should be doing something with that time...like excersizing...just saying...:lmao:

Seriously..we were talking about our blessings last night..and you all came to mind...Thank You each for what you bring to this thread...:lovestruc

Merry Christmas!!!

Girls, no worries, I ate the cookie tray. They can't come get you now. I took care of 'em for you! :lmao: Aren't I the BEST?

Lisa, love the poem of the disaster. Not a happy Christmas gift, but at least it was material, right??? ;)

Steph, good luck at work!

Kat, bring Tums. Or Pepcid. Or both.

Last night was very nice - so many stories. We have the Three Dramas of Christmas. I will tell you all tomorrow. Make me, okay? Because it's mostly good stuff, but definitely story-worthy.

Ok, back off to my Christmas land.

xoxo.

Peace and joy to all of you!

Liz thanks for eating the cookies! All I could think of was the Glade commercial where she ate all the heads off the gingerbread men!

Well I got 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. That darn Santa must have used the front door and didn't latch it properly and at FOUR AM stephen said Honey I don't think the door is latched and the wind is whipping! I was like YEAH SO! Could you go shut it since your mom is on the couch and I don't have any shorts on! Then at 6 a.m I got a bounce on the bed and it was Zachary wishing us a MERRY CHristmas!
Gifts are all opened and paper is gone! I sit here and sync my NEW IPOD! Needing to call friends and family and shower and get ready for work! Breakfast has been served (eggnog french toast ham bacon Oj and coffee) Off to MIL soon and then to work
I am wishing you all a great day filled with lots cheer friends and family and lots of good beer! LOL:rotfl2:
have a great day!:santa:

Merry Christmas everyone...

We are sitting here watching the Disney Christmas Parade on TV and reliving our trip... Needless to say it is awesome...

Christmas is going very well and I have a new Goofy watch (the one that runs backward) thanks to my awesome sister....

Hope you are all having a blessed holiday and enjoy this time with your families...

Paula

Merry Christmas!!!

Lisa, love the poem of the disaster. Not a happy Christmas gift, but at least it was material, right??? ;)

Last night was very nice - so many stories. We have the Three Dramas of Christmas. I will tell you all tomorrow. Make me, okay? Because it's mostly good stuff, but definitely story-worthy.

xoxo.

Peace and joy to all of you!

Yes, it's just material. Who cares. You're absolutely right Liz. No one was hurt. I looked at the ceiling though and thought wow we are lucky no one was in that spot. The poor concierge he looked absolutely wiped.

Christmas stories to come Liz - :laughing: :love:

Merry Christmas to all of you. I'm almost off. I worked out this morning. And there were five of us up there. I was surprised.

Hey Stacey - good to hear you.

I am doing good with the kids gone this morning...

Dawn,

I didn't realize. That must very difficult. I don't know the timeline - is this the first Christmas of sharing the kids. That must be hard. :hug: to you.

Hope everyone has a merry christmas!

Now I'll say a proper hello. Hi Stacey!:lovestruc How is school?

Liz thanks for eating the cookies! All I could think of was the Glade commercial where she ate all the heads off the gingerbread men!

Well I got 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. That darn Santa must have used the front door and didn't latch it properly and at FOUR AM stephen said Honey I don't think the door is latched and the wind is whipping! I was like YEAH SO! Could you go shut it since your mom is on the couch and I don't have any shorts on! Then at 6 a.m I got a bounce on the bed and it was Zachary wishing us a MERRY CHristmas!
Gifts are all opened and paper is gone! I sit here and sync my NEW IPOD! Needing to call friends and family and shower and get ready for work! Breakfast has been served (eggnog french toast ham bacon Oj and coffee) Off to MIL soon and then to work
I am wishing you all a great day filled with lots cheer friends and family and lots of good beer! LOL:rotfl2:
have a great day!:santa:

Hey Steph. Sorry you have to be in at work. But hope you have a wonderful day regardless. My father was a firefighter so I always was excited when/if he drew Christmas off.

Merry Christmas everyone...

We are sitting here watching the Disney Christmas Parade on TV and reliving our trip... Needless to say it is awesome...

Christmas is going very well and I have a new Goofy watch (the one that runs backward) thanks to my awesome sister....

Hope you are all having a blessed holiday and enjoy this time with your families...

Paula

Nice to watch WDW, eh?

Goofy watch that's nice Paula. Have a wonderful day with yiour family.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :santa:

Having a great day here - for all you guys with little ones who wake you up early....so sorry! :laughing: We all weren't up until 8:30! :laughing: Now the "boys" are all happily playing the new Call of Duty game on the PS3...and Becca is watching season 6 of the Gilmore Girls. Life is good at our house right now! :goodvibes

Oh - and the Fed Ex guy delivered our missing package this morning while we were opening gifts. Not only did it have one of Seth's dvd's...and MIL gift (for tomorrow's gathering)...but...a copy of....(do I have to say it outloud?)....Twilight. Haven't started reading yet...but I will.

Lisa - loved your poem! Bummer about the water. Hope that's fixed soon!

Dawn - :hug: New traditions

SO. guess what I got for Christmas.

A gift certificate for 10 (yes TEN) one-hour sessions with the personal trainer at the gym. :eek: I'm excited and terrified at the same time :eek: See, this gal....she trains some of the NY Jets football players during the off-season. Her training session levels are hard, harder, nausea, and vomit. :scared: I laughed and said I was going to tell her that I'm OLD and can't do those things...but....apparently she's been WATCHING me. and she told Stephen that she can't WAIT to get started with me....because she "knows what I'm capable of". :scared1:

Tomorrow is our big day....Stephen's family (all 22 of us) starting at 10am....gifts, big dinner, games, fun, more gifts, more food, singing (which gets a bit dicey after all the WINE :laughing: )...lots of fun...usually kicking the stragglers out at midnight....long fun day. Today. I rest. And wrap gifts...'cause I haven't finished! And maybe start that book.

Hi All! Christmas Evening Lul. Loving it. No obligations. Felling full. I ate too much. Shrimp coctail. Just sayin'.

We opened presents at 8am. It's over so quick! My mom's at 10 for brunch and then another grandma's at one. Home now. Tomorrow is back to normal.

Cheers.

PS - just finished New Moon.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I survived the Charlotte Christmas with flying colors. SIL actually managed to put a GOOD meal on the table! Although I did help her with the mashed potatoes... They went simple this year, prime rib and mashed potatoes and veggies. And somewhere in the last 2 years she has discovered SALT!!

We had all agree to keep the spending to a minimum this year but evidently we missed the memo that this had changed... BIL/SIL got us each the alternate hockey jersey for our fav team, as well as 2 tickets + parking pass to 5 games. We also got from the in-laws 2 bar stools (to replace the ones that kitten has chewed up), and I got a Sansa Fuze (i-pod for people who don't want to pay Apple) and some jewelry.

And, D made a DVD presentation of the combined (with my BIL/SIL) surprise WDW trip for my in-laws for this Sept. It started with a retrospective of the family, complete with scanned in old pictures, and transitioned to Disney pictures (included the tigger one Liz), and then sprung the trip surprise. My in-laws LOVE Disney and don't have the funds to go, so they were thrilled. My FIL actually broke down in tears. We are doing 2 2-beds at BW, BW view, for a week in September.

So, good time had by all. D is in bed since he has to be at work at 5:30AM, and I leave to see my parents tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and I finished Breaking Dawn on Wed afternoon. Starting over now. :)

And, E just texted some bad news, so please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers tonight, okay?

HEy just checking in .. have to wake Sam up for her surgery! Stephen just brought the boys to his mom's. I just told Sam that they will be doing an IV and she is flipping. She inherited my mother's fear of needles! But I told her that any meds that she will be getting will go through that instead of a shot! That went over better!
Ok Stephen on his way back! Got to run!

Oh Kat I got an iPod too! Bright Pink! Gee did we think I would get any other color????:confused3 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thoughts and Prayers with you Erika

Hi all -

Heading out to do some returns and shop a bit...

Nancy - glad you had an awesome day and your pkg got there ...hope today is splendid...

Lisa - you are just a hoot...and yes...Chad and I have been seperated for 2 years now..but this is the first Christmas he took them to Iowa for Christmas Day...but it is okay...it is getting me used to sharing...so when they get hitched in the future or have a significant other...I will act properly when they cannot always be with me...we had a fantastic Christmas Eve...and will do a bit more and our Turkey dinner when they come home on Sunday night or Monday...they see that I am trying my hardest to give their Dad time...even a bit more probably than I need to or have to...but I look at it as the fact I am the lucky one...I have Dan in my life...Chad is not with anyone serious...and that can make for a lonely Holiday. I also am so greatfull that they love Dan and are happy that he is in my life and theirs...they see the way their Dad acts...they do not like it...and he will be the one who loses in the end. So yes I was a little sad...but I will always be sad when I am not with them....I'm their Mom...but loving them means accepting things that are just a part of change as well...and they did not come into this world asking to be with parents who would end up divorced...

Goof - you reminded me about the parade and I caught the last 5 minutes...glad for that ...Thanks!

Lyz - busy day and I hate anything form the ocean to eat...so you gave me a great idea to have a seafood buffet for Christmas next year..it will keep me away from the food...How bout some Oyster sugar cookies!

Kat - glad your SIL improved her culinary skills...and it sounds like you are loved a whole lot by many people...what thoughtfull gifts...and...D is a sweetheart for what he did...post some pics of their raction if you have them...

E - I thought something was wrong...I am thinking of you...praying for all of you...you deserve only the best days always...:hug:

HEy just checking in .. have to wake Sam up for her surgery! Stephen just brought the boys to his mom's. I just told Sam that they will be doing an IV and she is flipping. She inherited my mother's fear of needles! But I told her that any meds that she will be getting will go through that instead of a shot! That went over better!
Ok Stephen on his way back! Got to run!

Oh Kat I got an iPod too! Bright Pink! Gee did we think I would get any other color????:confused3 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thoughts and Prayers with you Erika

Steph - hope today goes smoothly and her recovery is even better....:flower3:

Hi.

Steph, I'll be thinking of Sam today. Hoping everything goes well.

and EriKa, check in when you can.

Sounds like a good Christmas Day overall for you all. Thankful for that.

Heading to the office today.

Hi All...

Steph - I am thinking of you and Sam today... I'm sure everything will go well...

Erika - thinking of you... we are here if you need us...

Lisa - I was laughing and worrying about the events in your building... I am thrilled you were able to see the humor in all that was going on that night... welcome back to the boards... we are not as funny without you...

I am at work today - trying really hard not to eat everything in sight (as I have been for the last two days....) I don't think my body can take any more crap being shoveled into my mouth right now... The memories from Christmas were great and worth all of the work, but I so need about three days of sleep and relaxation right now...

OK - my Goofy watch is telling me it is time to get back to work... talk to you all later...

Paula

Hey all,

I have read back, but as I feel like Ive got food coming out of my eyes I cant remember who I was going to quote. Forgive me.

Dawn - New Traditions :hug: . In fact no, lets make it something to celebrate - New Traditions, woohoo :banana: (The banana is really just for fun!) You have a fabulous man, three fantastically beautiful children and you had an amazing Christmas Eve with them - dance with me baby :banana:

:hug: to everyone that needs them, my good thoughts are with you all.

Well, I had a wonderful Christmas, although I did fall down yesterday and have a very fetching bruise on my knee today. It may have been something to do with the wine I drank, but because a Lady never drinks and tells you'll all never know! :rotfl:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter