In Search of my Body...Not The One I Ate.. #4 "Inspiring Others... 1 Tiara at a Time"

Thank you for the details. Now, lets talk about you making fun of my Appalachia. ;)

Do you not call them towns? Are they cities? Or do you go more by name?

Sure!

I have never called them towns... we just go by name? It is hard here anyway because it all blends together and has grown toward each other. I mean, I technically live in Durham but I am rather right in the middle, a mile from the line between Raleigh and Durham, and am about equidistant between the "city centers" of both (and of Chapel Hill, for that matter). This area has 7 ice rinks, all within about 25 min of me, and only one is less than 20 min and it kinda sucks.

sausage. Cream sauce. Bacon. All red flags honey. :rolleyes1

:woohoo: One sleek Kat, comin' up :thumbsup2

Never driven down the East Coast further than Virginia Beach. Should put that on my to-do list :laughing:

Yes, definitely red flags.

Thanks! I sure hope so. But I don't expect to maintain this rate of loss, this is just the crap/water weight coming off.

I hope I did the quote thing right! :confused3

Anyway, YES! The "Mini-HockeyKat" will be genetically engineered to subsist on coffee and beer. Though, the beer might be a flaw in the system, it might be possible to bribe or distract the "Mini-HockeyKat" with beer in order to cheat on the diet. We'll just have to see what happens. :laughing:

My program would probably go over about as well as it does when people ask me: "What is your weight loss secret?" or "What are you doing to lose weight?". When I tell them it involves eating small portions and not eating between meals, you should see the stares. Also, some people back away shaking their heads 'no' as they turn to run screaming from the horror. :lmao:

Haha!! The Erika version subsists on tofu and running. The more she runs, the more energy she has. Like a self-charging battery.

Yeah, when I say 1200 cals people are like, I couldn't do that, and the convo ends.

OMG this was too funny... The guys in my office actually looked up because I was laughing at your post. I so want the mini-hockeykat to make me exercise. I can make coffee to keep her going. Heck - I'll even throw in a beer or two....

Roddy - you are a much needed jolt to this board. Thanks for coming out to play.

Hehe. Aren't you glad I persuaded him? :laughing:

But but but their new natural crust pizza is sooooo good and quepapas, lets not even get me started on those!

What are quepapas? I just looked up the Pizza Hut nutritional info - they aren't even listed. They *must* be evil.

They are cheesy jalapeno potato bites of evil goodness!

OMG. Cheese, jalapenos and potatoes, OH MY. Never had one but if involves those three items I can see where I'd quickly become addicted. Jalapenos and potatoes are my favorite fruit! :lmao:

Actually, this smiley accurately displays the reaction from people that I mentioned earlier about eating small portions and not eating between meals. --> :scared1:

OMG. Cheese, jalapenos and potatoes, OH MY. Never had one but if involves those three items I can see where I'd quickly become addicted. Jalapenos and potatoes are my favorite fruit! :lmao:

Actually, this smiley accurately displays the reaction from people that I mentioned earlier about eating small portions and not eating between meals. --> :scared1:

It's a trifecta!

LOL! Literally I can eat an order by myself and not realize it til they are all gone... DH and I get 2 orders just so he can have some... They are like crack! Man now I've made myself want them....

Hey Everybody! I am thoroughly enjoying my afternoon off. It looks like everybody has been fairly busy today. Off to read I go!

Nancy -
Yes cream sauce and ceam sauce with bacon flavor was a flag and one I grabbed and waved in the air like I just don't care. :banana:

This change needs to be realistic and we do not eat out ever at home. Since we only ate 1/4 of the serving - wanted it - admitted I wanted it - and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Dan's work changed their mind on what and where they want this kiosk change done so now we are leaving manana back home.

As far as WDW - we leave the 24th and come back the 4th. CBR is the place and no kiddos. Need to book wedding locations at least a year in advance and we are wavering between the smaller wedding locations that have 18 max in attendance or the larger venues. We plan a small wedding no matter what but under 40 is one venue, under 18 is another.

Had a free stay through my DVC points and one free flight. Not renting a car - plan on not doing much at parks - we have hopper passes still but will most likely just look at wedding stuff - decide some things and chill in the pools.

I look forward to alone time with no work scheduled and focus time on our goals and our future.

Lots to do in planning a wedding in a year.:scared1:

Just need a date and a location.

Checking out Glensheen Mansion here in Duluth tom for a wedding.

I will start the new chapter this weekend...

WE will not implode if we go over page 200. Take off your gas masks.
Peeps thread is way over that. I just did not want any of you packing canned goods and water bottles in your basements. I had nightmares of Y2K the sequel.:rotfl2:

Sunny - Congrats on the loss...

Stacey - Congrats on your loss too.... Hang in there with the news from Buffalo. I am thankful that your friends and family are all safe. :goodvibes

Amiee - Sending you good thoughts and good vibes today. You are such a strong person that you have every right to feel proud and confident about how far you have come. I am loving your horoscope comments. Good things definitely lie ahead for you.

LisaPR - feel better and thanks for the comments on my bench presses. I am slowly getting to the point where we really don't use the machines for much. I am definitely liking the free weights now.

Nancy - I am going to be looking to you and Erika for some training advice for my race and then once the weather gets a little nicer, I need to actually buy my bike. So I'll be looking for thoughts on what type to get, etc. I am thinking a hybrid, but I am not sure yet. Oh and please post the fundraising info. I would like to help the cause.

Erika - loving Cammie's pictures. The jellyfish one is very cool.

I am a little stiff this morning and my one knee is just plain bugging me. It is not killer pain, more just sore, but I am not sure what that is about yet. I was wearing crappy shoes at work yesterday so that could be it. Today is a rest day for me so I'll take it easy and keep an eye on it. Hopefully it is nothing that a little rest can't fix.

Back to work for me.

Talk to you all later,
Paula

Thanks Paula! Some days I really don't feel like I am strong at all. Today, I feel like Wonder Woman.

Kelly - :laughing: You are right. That isn't fair. I'd post it again if I wasn't concerned about EriKa. She's on drugs right now. And can't get off. I don't want to set her off.

EriKa - the pics. Awesome. Where did Cam take them? She is you. Kelly looks more like you, but Cammie IS you. Overachiever. Decisive.

Hmmmm. Guess we all know what this means. :bitelip:

I guess we will have to wait and see. What ever happens, happens.:lovestruc

I most definitely will as soon as I get everything together.

:yay: YAY for sleep!

:woohoo: Awesome Sunny!!!

Another "loser"! :laughing: Nice job Stacey

Awesome! Hope you are feeling better!

Enjoy your day. You deserve it! :flower3:

Amazing horoscope :laughing:

Thank you!

hmm. Be careful - just be generally *aware* of what it's up to, k? We don't need any more injuries around here for a while

Nice job! Enjoy your hiking - sounds like fun!

Ahh...can't wait for "hiking weather". Right now we're still in "everything is icy" mode :scared:

Enjoy your time away! And great job on the tracking :thumbsup2

Erika - Great pics!

Kelly - HI!!!

LisaV - Hi to you too!! my neighbor to the North :laughing:

STEPH! Where are you? Miss you!

Off to work for me. Have to make Tiramisu. And CANDY. Stupid Valentines Day :rotfl:

Oh my gosh! Tiramisu is awesome. Salivating.

Hey all!

Back from PT and I only swore a little bit! And not even one F-bomb! :rotfl2: Good news is that I am cleared to either bike or swim. I can do ONE each day (not both in the same day yet) and still no running, of course. And I can do upper body strength to my heart's content. So I will be hitting the pool later today, I think.

CHALLENGE! Post those results, please! Sunny, Stacey, Lisa, and Sarah--Way to go on the losses! WOO HOO! Everyone else, check in when you can and I will post the chart later in the day.

Cleaning lady is here! :worship:

Oh and Lyz--no, Cammie is not me. I wish I was her, though! She is very quiet and introspective. And very grounded. Calm all the time. People are really drawn to here. Her teachers call her a silent leader. Plus, she is super crafty. Well, maybe crafty isn't the right word. Creative? Artistic? She has that creative eye and vision that I just do not have. Seriously, she is often MY role model. Personality-wise, yeah and it me and Kel. She is our wild child!

Ok, back to work.

Erika, so glad you are feeling better and are able to do more.

Challenge update:

Strength training sessions - 3
Cardio sessions - 2
Weight lost - 1.5 pounds

This weekend is my first of many weekends away for Odyssey of the Mind. I am bringing my own food for breakfasts, lunches and snacks and will be purchasing dinner. Need to order smartly and track to stay on plan (one of my goals).

Oh - am starting to gear up mentally to begin officially transitioning off of Jenny Craig food. I think I am going to start that process in early April after the bulk of the Odyssey trips are done and I can focus and actually plan my home cooked meals. I don't want to have to throw restaurant / take out food into the mix at the same time as I think it will be too much to deal with.

OK - I am forcing myself to go back to work now...

Hang in there Paula. Don't let it stress ya!

Amiee, happy anniversary!!! It sounds like you have come so far. :goodvibes

Low carb bread? Tell me more...

Hope that your knee feels better. I find that I am a little stiff most days lately, probably as I ramp up my workouts. I think it's normal.

Just wait until MOnday, I already warned my boss I will need a crane to get out of my chair!!

Nancy, I am continually amazed that you can do your job and stay on plan!! For me and this no sugar thing I think I would die on the spot.

Okay, challenge checkin:
1) 1200-1500 cals. Check, was at or under 1200 every day, and at or under 20g carbs and most/all of that was from plant fiber or cheese/eggs.
2) Exercise. Mon/Thurs/Fri/Sat hockey, Tue kickboxing. 5/5 and probably about 250-300 min total. Check
3) Water. At or over 64 oz every day. Check
4) Alcohol, none. :headache: Check

And, I weighed in this morning (although Sun is the official week), and was down another 3.2 lbs. So that is down almost 8 lbs in less than two weeks! I guess this is working.

OMG look at that loss! Healthy life bread by Lewis Bakery. 35 to 45 calories per slice 6 carbs

Whoops Challenge results -

Exercise - bang on
Celebrating where I'm at and my success - good
Consciously eating - off

And with the third I'm not freaking. Who knows where these choices will take me - maintain, loss or gain. But I simply don't care. It's so weird. I'm not giving up at all. Still on track. But really loving the appreciating the now. Knowing that now is pretty darn good. Strange but lovely.

New week on the eating consciously.

Amiee! Lovely on you looking at where you've been and where you are. Yeah.

And thanks for the facebook talk down. :lmao: I don't think I'll ever get on. But who knows. None of my friends are on. (besides some of you of course) Well, not that I know of but I'm sure it would come up in some conversation.

Not a problem! We might be able to con you into it.

I've come a long way, baby! Gotta keep reminding myself of that.

I love that quote -- you are such an inspiration. :love:

Progress to goals this week:
Exercise at least 4x --- did 6 days this week
Snacking -- stayed within my 1/2 hr window, except for the weekend
Weight -- down 1.4 this week, for a total of 3 lbs so far in the challenge.

For next week, I'm going to keep doing the same, as it seems to be working. I may or may not try to keep more control on the weekend -- will play that one by ear. :rolleyes1 See ya guys!!!

Thank you. That means alot.

Hi everyone :surfweb:

I'm here, hehe. I've had a very rough week which makes Friday the 13th just wonderful! :goodvibes

It seems so good for it to be Friday, 13th or not.

Oh, I have an idea that I think might work and I may start working on it soon. I'm thinking of developing my style of eating into a weight loss program. It will come with an interactive software program that I am hoping Kat can write. It'll track all your food, calories eaten, burned, BMI, soluble and insoluble fiber intake, bp and heart rate goals and ideas for metabolism boosting. I also plan to have the boys and girls down at the lab develop a miniature Kat clone and everyone that buys the program will get a "Mini-HockeyKat" that runs around and makes you exercise and smacks you in your ankles with a mini-hockey stick when you are lazy or overeat. The one that Kat keeps for herself she can call "Mini-me".

Sorry, I'm psychologically unstable. Does it show? :scared:

Um, I hate to tell you this, but you fit right in.

Checking out Glensheen Mansion here in Duluth tom for a wedding.

We were coming into Duluth from further up Lake Superior last summer and stopped for the Glensheen tour. Beautiful setting for a wedding.

It was the weekend of the tall ships, too. Great sight!

Ronda

OMG, I am an upgrade! LOVE IT! But Kat got it right...just a different version as opposed to upgrade. :goodvibes And yes! You have to run and eat tofu! And batteries re-charge on their own after eating the tofu. But you have to login first thing in the morning. Early! Or you will lose points. This could be so much fun! :lmao:

Dawn--why are you using DVC points to stay at a mod? It costs more points than staying at a DVC resort, and of course, the DVC resorts RULE. :thumbsup2 I thought you guys both burned up all of your vacation time (well, Dan's since you are on your own clock) and all of your vacay $$ when you went last time. Is there a hidden pot o' gold that is waiting somewhere? And if so, can you give me the treasure map? :lmao:

Amy--expecting a full race report tomorrow! Have a great race and have fun!

Paula--have fun at the event. And stay ON PROGRAM. Word.

Kat--GOOD LUCK at the hockey tourney! Pics...lots and lots of pics. Word. Again.

Did I mention that my house is CLEAN? OMG, so happy. :goodvibes (But not dancing banana happy. Don't go there! :scared1: )

Off to e-mail (ok stalk!) Nancy about bikes.

Hi all - congratulations on all of the losers and such this week, great job!

I stopped by a gym this afternoon, got some information. Very small, privately owned, no chain meat market. I go tomorrow to give it a test drive, and i think i'm going to love it, i really like the owner

We'll see!

everyone have a great evening! I have to go find food before my stomach caves in!

Nancy -
Yes cream sauce and ceam sauce with bacon flavor was a flag and one I grabbed and waved in the air like I just don't care. :banana:

:lmao:

This change needs to be realistic and we do not eat out ever at home. Since we only ate 1/4 of the serving - wanted it - admitted I wanted it - and enjoyed the heck out of it.

You're right. It has to be about whatever is realistic for you.

As far as WDW - we leave the 24th and come back the 4th. CBR is the place and no kiddos.

Sounds like fun! Enjoy.

Hubby's cousin got married at WDW - pavillion - several years ago. We couldn't go, but my in-laws did. So jealous.

OMG, I am an upgrade!

Is it an "upgrade" or an "add on"? :confused3

Is there a hidden pot o' gold that is waiting somewhere? And if so, can you give me the treasure map? :lmao:

Argh, matey pirate: Ye better be sharin' the bounty :rotfl2:

Amy--expecting a full race report tomorrow! Have a great race and have fun!

LOVE YOU AMY! Enjoy yourself tomorrow, k? :cheer2:

I stopped by a gym this afternoon, got some information. Very small, privately owned, no chain meat market. I go tomorrow to give it a test drive, and i think i'm going to love it, i really like the owner

Good news, Stacey! :goodvibes

Now I have 2 words to share.

Dinner. Out. :eek:

(don't tell Erika. But I had wine tonight. Several weeks on the wagon, makes Nancy a cheap date :lmao: )

Amy - you are proly already in bed, seeing as you are pounding pavement tomorrow. Best wishes from me are coming your way!:wizard:

And here is one for you too KittyKat:wizard:

How is everybody doing tonight? I had an awesome day today, most of the afternoon was spent all by myself!

My kids walked in with my mom and my aunt about an hour ago. They picked out 1/2 doz of red feather roses for my gift. I will post a pic later ~ so pretty!

I'm working on a pre-trip report ~ gotta sneak some pics of my mom and my aunt. :rolleyes1 Gotta think of a snappy title. :idea:

Didn't we make it through volume 4 quickly???

We did make it thru quickly. It's like we were on steroids for 4!

I am working in the office tonight. I am a night person, so I hope to make some headway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter