In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate... Vol. 6: Goddesses just want to have fun

Hi gang....

Erika - you are too sweet for your kind words. Thanks :hug:

Oh and for those of you going to WDW and not planning on doing live reports, Erika is totally serious. The only thing that semi got me off the hook last year was the fact that I was meeting a bunch of this crew while I was there. Live reports are a must!

OK - Nancy since you always ask, JC was tonight due to Labor Day. Lost 1.1 pounds this week. I was hoping for more given all of the extra exercise, but the snacking got a little out of control this weekend (especially fried foods) so it makes sense. Had a great workout with Jesse tonight - combination core and weights including those darn inchworms, but the plank side step walking that I used to struggle with was suddenly very easy so that is progress. Jesse asked if I had noticed how my workouts have stepped up a bit - um yeah I have noticed. Have you not seen the puddle of sweat I am leaving behind? I am a mess when I am done, but I am doing it. Spinning class number two is tomorrow night with Jesse instructing. I'll let you know if I survive.

On a fun note, I bought a few new work out tech tees and they are a size smaller and I am almost into the women's sizes (wearing a men's XL now). Another ten pounds and I should be there. This is very exciting news for me. I may actually buy a pink top just because I can.

Kat - please talk me out of this before I do it... m'kay?

Busy. But reading. Trying to adjust to the back to school/work/sports schedule around here and figure out the new "normal" in our lives. Sorry I don't have time for a proper post at the moment.

But Erika....YES! You are correct. 100%. I felt SO GOOD back when I was "on". Now I'm sorta on. Like 1/2 on. Like...riding a bike with training wheels "on". :laughing:

Tomorrow the training wheels must come off.

OK - Nancy since you always ask, JC was tonight due to Labor Day. Lost 1.1 pounds this week.

:yay: for the loss Paula! Actually, I was wondering about Tuesday Night Dinner! :laughing:

On a fun note, I bought a few new work out tech tees and they are a size smaller and I am almost into the women's sizes (wearing a men's XL now). Another ten pounds and I should be there. This is very exciting news for me. I may actually buy a pink top just because I can.

DO IT! Get pink. Yes, yes, yes! Because you CAN. princess:

Liz ~ I'm right there with you on the tea deal. It really does help. Lots of warm liquids.

E ~ you keep going and going and going. :worship: Yes, Indy was so much fun. The 3rd installment will be up tomorrow.

Lyz ~ getting back to normal now that the kiddos are in school?

Nancy ~ Seth still doing ok?

Kat ~ can't wait to hear about your trip

Amy ~ how is work going? Still getting admiring looks at your lunch box?

Paula ~ Jesse still coercing you into spinning??

Everybody that I neglected... HELLO!!!

OK - Nancy since you always ask, JC was tonight due to Labor Day. Lost 1.1 pounds this week. I was hoping for more given all of the extra exercise, but the snacking got a little out of control this weekend (especially fried foods) so it makes sense. Had a great workout with Jesse tonight - combination core and weights including those darn inchworms, but the plank side step walking that I used to struggle with was suddenly very easy so that is progress. Jesse asked if I had noticed how my workouts have stepped up a bit - um yeah I have noticed. Have you not seen the puddle of sweat I am leaving behind? I am a mess when I am done, but I am doing it. Spinning class number two is tomorrow night with Jesse instructing. I'll let you know if I survive.

:worship::worship::worship::worship: So awesome Paula!

Paula that is so exciting on the tech tees. So happy for you

Hi gang....

Erika - you are too sweet for your kind words. Thanks :hug:

Oh and for those of you going to WDW and not planning on doing live reports, Erika is totally serious. The only thing that semi got me off the hook last year was the fact that I was meeting a bunch of this crew while I was there. Live reports are a must!

Haha! Well I would like to meet a few of our ladies down there if at all possible, so we'll see....

I'll be on here with my blackberry, as long as it works with the site (no idea why it wouldn't) and I'll try to post every night. It may be short, but by goodness I'll try! Please don't filet me otherwise.......if I make a deal to do a SUPER detailed report with lots of pics when I'm home can I still stick around? :lmao:

Busy. But reading. Trying to adjust to the back to school/work/sports schedule around here and figure out the new "normal" in our lives. Sorry I don't have time for a proper post at the moment.

But Erika....YES! You are correct. 100%. I felt SO GOOD back when I was "on". Now I'm sorta on. Like 1/2 on. Like...riding a bike with training wheels "on". :laughing:

Tomorrow the training wheels must come off.

I'm trying to get into a school/work schedule still, but it's my own school haha. This is my fourth week and I STILL haven't gotten it completely down.

Oh goodness how I love pink (as you'll see from the pictures when I get back, all but one pair of my shoes are pink haha!)

Yes. Get it because you can. Really, what better reason is there?

Liz ~ I'm right there with you on the tea deal. It really does help. Lots of warm liquids.

E ~ you keep going and going and going. :worship: Yes, Indy was so much fun. The 3rd installment will be up tomorrow.

Lyz ~ getting back to normal now that the kiddos are in school?

Nancy ~ Seth still doing ok?

Kat ~ can't wait to hear about your trip

Amy ~ how is work going? Still getting admiring looks at your lunch box?

Everybody that I neglected... HELLO!!!

Well hi there :)

I have been drinking LOTS of green and echinasia (sp?) tea today, and still am as I sit here..... but it got real scary around lunch time. I was shivering so bad but I could feel my skin burning. I wanted to go home, but alas, used up all my vacation/sick time when my grandpa passed away in July and for this trip. So I had to endure. I finally borrowed some tylenol from a friend, and it got a little better. When I got home I crawled under a blanket on the couch and started shivering again, not nearly as bad as at work, but enough to make me take my temperature. It was 102.8! :scared1: I took some dayquil, and can take some tylenol here in about 20 minutes, but even after I took the dayquil, it's only brought my fever down to it's lowest of 100.5. I took a two hour nap, and now am up only so I can make sure I get some more meds then it's back to bed with me. If the fever keeps up tomorrow, I'll likely be making an urgent doctor's appt. What an icky way to get ready for vacation. I'll be that annoying lady hacking my head off on the plane....I wonder if it would make them feel better or worse to see me with a face mask on. They might think it's H1N1 and kick me off the plane! :headache:

Anyway, hope everyone's day is fabulous and to my fellow counting-down-ers who are under 5 days....

WOO HOO!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::lmao:

PAULA!! Step AWAY from the pink. Get red instead! :)

Everything is done. Laundry complete, everything but last minute toiletries are packed, and I am enjoying a beer before bed.

Hey just posting from my blackberry to make sure it works so I can keep in touch with yall while we are there!!!!

I know I can get pink, but I just don't like it... Tuesday night dinner was fine. The family went to Ruby Tuesdays. Grilled chicken and broccoli for me with a salad - yum... Mom is cooking next week, but I won't be there to enjoy it. Insert pouting face here...

Oh yeah - I'll be at the gym doing his spin class tonight. Please pray for me as I am not sure I'll get through it...

PAULA!! Step AWAY from the pink. Get red instead! :)

Everything is done. Laundry complete, everything but last minute toiletries are packed, and I am enjoying a beer before bed.

Kat - I knew you would save me. I am thinking a nice purple or something will do nicely. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Safe travels!

Good Morning everyone!!!! Time to get up! See what happens now that I am busy at work? I am awake and actually chipper at this early morning hour. I do believe the earth's poles are going to realign or something since this is just not normal. :rotfl2:

Good morning! A bit more difficult to get the kids off to school today. No one wanted to get out of bed. But back into the routine we go. I was super productive yesterday and plan more of the same today. It is a cross-train day for me, so I am thinking a 15 mile bike ride is in order. My running blows right now, by the way. I have to switch shoes, for sure. But of course, the real issue is that I haven't been doing ANY distance for ages. So it is time to up the miles in a big way.

PAULA--a loss yet again! WOW!

KAT--so excited for you! I love WDW in September since it is as empty as it ever gets. We haven't been in Sept. since 2004 when Riley started school. I have no problem pulling my kids out of school for vacation, but Sept. is almost impossible since they are just getting underway. Check in when you can. OH! I just read somewhere on the boards that DVCers get free internet all the time now, not just during the DVC portion of stay. I will try to find it for you.

Nancy--did you get the training wheels off or do I need to throw a wrench at you???

Have a great day!

Paula, purple sounds good. :)

E, sorry that the running isn't going well. I am sure it will improve as you get back into it! Thanks on the DVCer tip. Kathryn - internet = :sad1:.

I am super happy about my hair now. Improved my mood a lot... I was really pissed on Mon night when it didn't come out how I wanted. D is a little sad, as he really liked the black, but I was just getting sick of it.

The color remover that I used evidently doesn't damage your hair at all, or at least in my experience. I have done like 5 applications over the last 4 days along with 2 colorings (2nd was gray roots only), and yesterday's 1/4" trim and 40 min or so of a deep conditioner has made it in much better shape than it was when I started.

So tired today... went to bed at 3AM and was up at 8 so that I can get out of here early today. Typical night's sleep for E (maybe more than usual!) but means a$$-dragging for sleep-lovin' me. :laughing:

Hi everyone! I understand why athletes train at higher altitudes. We're vacationing in Santa Fe. It's around 7000 ft. I can tell. But, most importantly, I'm getting in my runs. Wheee! We're going to have a big, vacationy breakfast and go to a couple of museums today. We'll also do some wishful thinking along Canyon Road. It's lined with art galleries that we cannot afford, but it's great looking.

We saw Bandelier National Monument yesterday. Cliff dwellings and a climb up a bunch of ladders to a cave. Bunch of ladders. Bunch. We have been eating well. For me, eating well on vacation is controlling two meals a day. It's especially hard in a towns that boast about its food. Staying in a condo really helps.

E - good luck with rousing the kids. How's Kel doing?

Cathie - keep us posted. Drink LOTS of water.

Off to breakfast!

Ronda

Lots! To say.

OK - Nancy since you always ask, JC was tonight due to Labor Day. Lost 1.1 pounds this week.

Goddess!!!!!

Jesse asked if I had noticed how my workouts have stepped up a bit - um yeah I have noticed. Have you not seen the puddle of sweat I am leaving behind?

Does Jesse keep track of your weight or just focus on working out?

Totally! Get the pink. This is what I was thinking, till I saw you don't like pink?!?!?! Get purple. That works. (My favorite color)

Nancy, does the house feel different without Seth? Good different, bad different, just different?

I bought apples from an apple farm Monday and thought of you. I REALLY wanted to get a Boston Cream Donut from Tim Hortons, but since that's the gift that keeps on giving, I went with the Golden Crisp apples instead. (At least I think that's the name?)

I'll be on here with my blackberry, as long as it works with the site (no idea why it wouldn't) and I'll try to post every night. It may be short, but by goodness I'll try! Please don't filet me otherwise.......if I make a deal to do a SUPER detailed report with lots of pics when I'm home can I still stick around? :lmao:

Deal.

I have been drinking LOTS of green and echinasia (sp?) tea today, and still am as I sit here..... but it got real scary around lunch time. I was shivering so bad but I could feel my skin burning. I wanted to go home, but alas, used up all my vacation/sick time when my grandpa passed away in July and for this trip. So I had to endure. I finally borrowed some tylenol from a friend, and it got a little better. When I got home I crawled under a blanket on the couch and started shivering again, not nearly as bad as at work, but enough to make me take my temperature. It was 102.8! :scared1: I took some dayquil, and can take some tylenol here in about 20 minutes, but even after I took the dayquil, it's only brought my fever down to it's lowest of 100.5. I took a two hour nap, and now am up only so I can make sure I get some more meds then it's back to bed with me. If the fever keeps up tomorrow, I'll likely be making an urgent doctor's appt. What an icky way to get ready for vacation. I'll be that annoying lady hacking my head off on the plane....I wonder if it would make them feel better or worse to see me with a face mask on. They might think it's H1N1 and kick me off the plane! :headache:

You really do need to go to the dr. You might have H1N1!

OH! I just read somewhere on the boards that DVCers get free internet all the time now, not just during the DVC portion of stay. I will try to find it for you.

Oh wow! I hope you find that info, that would be AWESOME. I can't wait to buy DVC. Come on lottery, shine on me!

Hi everyone! I understand why athletes train at higher altitudes. We're vacationing in Santa Fe. It's around 7000 ft. I can tell. But, most importantly, I'm getting in my runs. Wheee! We're going to have a big, vacationy breakfast and go to a couple of museums today. We'll also do some wishful thinking along Canyon Road. It's lined with art galleries that we cannot afford, but it's great looking.

We saw Bandelier National Monument yesterday. Cliff dwellings and a climb up a bunch of ladders to a cave. Bunch of ladders. Bunch. We have been eating well. For me, eating well on vacation is controlling two meals a day. It's especially hard in a towns that boast about its food. Staying in a condo really helps.

Sounds like bliss.

Hi to all.

For those of you with little kiddos and download music. You should get this song: I'm a Gummy Bear by Gummibar. It's just good fun.

Good morning all....if you can even call it that....

We leave for WDW in 3 days and I am sicker than a dog!!! :scared1::sick:
Thinking of you and hope you feel better fast! You got great advice here!
Hi everyone!

S0--I put my kids on the bus this morning. I didn't cry and I didn't follow the bus. This is progress, people! :lmao: As much as I need to have my days clear again, I really do miss them when they go back. We had such a great summer!
I am with you E - a bit weird not having even the two of them around.
And while I am getting caught up...Dawn fill me in about Treyner and soccer. Like, he has to MAKE the team???? I thought he was recruited and there was a scholarship and all of that. What happened? What sid I miss? Did he turn away scholarships from other schools just for the chance that he might play at Fort Lewis?

He was recruited by them and we knew there was no scholarship this year as they were tied up with seniors. We also knew he would not be playing this year unless it was as a JV goalie as they have a senior head goalkeeper and a kid who is a junior but eligibility is a freshman. (He red shirted freshman year and his sophmore year had an injury) That is unless something happened to either guy. There were 5 goalie freshman recruits brought in (none are on full rides - the local goalie was given a small schoalrship ($100) since he was from Durango) and now it is up to the coach on who will be kept and who will be released. They are down to 4 as one goalie has quit voluntarily. They plan on keeping 2 from what I understand. We also knew the chances of Treyner being redshirted were good this year and that is okay with him because he then maintains all 4 years of elligibility.

So nothing is going unexpected besides the huge fact that the head coach left. They had a mtg with Treyner next week and the coach has said whoever they release, they will help them get to a different school. He listed Treyner and the local kid as the 2 who were good enough to play at that level or even a lower level div 1 team.
I just wish they would let him know so we can move forward one way or another. With the head coach leaving in July, Treyner feels he has not gotten quite the training he was wanting and he is in the mindset that however it turns out - he is fine. He is looking at other schools so he can make calls as soon as he finds out the decesion. The NAIA schools that wanted him last year and did offer full rides are still interested but he would prefer to play at a higher level if given the chance.

Money is money and if Fort Lewis can keep the local kid who Treyner sees as his biggest rival and equally talented currently, for less money than it costs to keep Treyner, than he will be headed elsewhere.

Thanks to a friend of mine, I just joined the DIS boards and this is my very first post. This looks like an interesting group you have here. I just may have to stick around...
Hi and welcome!!:yay:
Hi everyone! I understand why athletes train at higher altitudes. We're vacationing in Santa Fe. It's around 7000 ft. I am proud you are running anyway!
We saw Bandelier National Monument yesterday. Cliff dwellings and a climb up a bunch of ladders to a cave. Bunch of ladders. Bunch. We did this by Durango as well. It was amazing. Better than in pics by far!

Heading to the Y today and trying the Couch to 5k again.

Just busy getting stuff around the house done and a busy month of work coming up! :worship:

So nothing is going unexpected besides the huge fact that the head coach left. They had a mtg with Treyner next week and the coach has said whoever they release, they will help them get to a different school. He listed Treyner and the local kid as the 2 who were good enough to play at that level or even a lower level div 1 team.
I just wish they would let him know so we can move forward one way or another.

This is a dumb question, but when is the soccer season? It seems to me, too late to go somewhere else. Makes me nervous?

This is a dumb question, but when is the soccer season? It seems to me, too late to go somewhere else. Makes me nervous?

Not dumb at all. Soccer is in the fall for college. (most anyway that I know of.) So if he is let go, he would finish out the semester there and then transfer at Christmas break if possible for the start of the new semester. This would allow him to do training in the spring with his new team and get aquainted sooner than waiting till next summer. If he is released from Fort Lewis, I don't think they would let him still train with them so that would be a long time out of practice.

It is hard becasue I have zero invlolvement at this point. It's not like the "Mom" can just call up the college coach and ask questions. So I ask Treyner questions and get the answers from him. Some things I want to know he does not want to ask yet because he does not want to be a pain to the coach or feels the timing is not right. He is there and I am not so I trust his judgement without interfering. New place for sure for me.

It is not uncommon for athletes to transfer schools in the middle of a year - many junior colleges expect it after the sophmore year of play is done.

It is a different mindset for sure. He knows his grades will be huge to get transfered and so his 2 focus points are soccer and school and that is it. No girlfriend and rooming with someone you have to have as your worst enemy on the field is also hard. This kid you want to be close to wants the same spot you do on a team.

Hope that helps explain.

I get the nervous. He talked about Clemson I think yesterday. Looking at what schools have a spot to fill in the next few years for a goalie. Who knows. I just know if he leaves, I will need someone to fly out to him and help him pack his stuff and drive it back home at Christmas break. The thought of that makes me ill. :sick:

Cathie - keep us posted. Drink LOTS of water.
DisneyWorld Delight;33505863[COLOR="blue" said:
You really do need to go to the dr. You might have H1N1![/COLOR]

I was worried about H1N1 for a bit too, and if things weren't better today was going to go to the doctor...I'll post on my current state in a bit below...

Ladies, thank you so much for the well wishes and all of the advice. I feel like I am going to the bathroom every five minutes from all the water. :rotfl:

I know I can get pink, but I just don't like it... Tuesday night dinner was fine. The family went to Ruby Tuesdays. Grilled chicken and broccoli for me with a salad - yum... Mom is cooking next week, but I won't be there to enjoy it. Insert pouting face here...

Oh yeah - I'll be at the gym doing his spin class tonight. Please pray for me as I am not sure I'll get through it...

Kat - I knew you would save me. I am thinking a nice purple or something will do nicely. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Safe travels!

Good Morning everyone!!!! Time to get up! See what happens now that I am busy at work? I am awake and actually chipper at this early morning hour. I do believe the earth's poles are going to realign or something since this is just not normal. :rotfl2:

Oh, okay, well I can understand even if you're hatin on pink... ;) just kidding! Get purple. Purple is good. :)

Paula, purple sounds good. :)

E, sorry that the running isn't going well. I am sure it will improve as you get back into it! Thanks on the DVCer tip. Kathryn - internet = :sad1:.

I am super happy about my hair now. Improved my mood a lot... I was really pissed on Mon night when it didn't come out how I wanted. D is a little sad, as he really liked the black, but I was just getting sick of it.

The color remover that I used evidently doesn't damage your hair at all, or at least in my experience. I have done like 5 applications over the last 4 days along with 2 colorings (2nd was gray roots only), and yesterday's 1/4" trim and 40 min or so of a deep conditioner has made it in much better shape than it was when I started.

So tired today... went to bed at 3AM and was up at 8 so that I can get out of here early today. Typical night's sleep for E (maybe more than usual!) but means a$$-dragging for sleep-lovin' me. :laughing:

Kat I'm really glad that your hair didn't get damaged!!! I ended up not coloring mine Sunday, I actually forgot because I kept myself too busy with schoolwork, and Monday as well. After that, well I figured it was just too close to vacation and pool encounters, so it'll stay the same for vacation. You can't really see the roots anyway, since it is pretty close to my natural color after it's faded a bit.

Funny how just doing something new with your hair can really brighten your mood, huh?! For me, I know that getting a new color or style really makes me feel good about myself and feel like I look good.

Okay so I battled this fever all night. Took Tylenol before I went to bed, but even then, it wasn't going below 100.7...I think, however, that this partially due to the fact that my bedroom has no windows and of course, my *cough*redneck*cough* family does not have any form of AC, so I think the heat in my bedroom definitely didn't help the situation. So I monitored it all night, and at 5 got up and took more tylenol. When I woke up and left for work at 7, it was still around 101. The whole way to work I was sweating, then I got into the office and it was 99.9. Not quite normal, but close! FINALLY, around 9 am the fever broke and it's now normal and I am feeling SOOO much better!

I think skipping class last night for rest, the tea, the water, and everything else really helped and now it looks as though I am on the road to recovery for Friday! :woohoo: My throat is still a bit sore and I have some coughing, but nothing like it was the last two days, and now that the fever is gone I really do feel sooo much more amazingly better!!!

Now I can get back to stressing about getting all my schoolwork done before vacation haha! :headache:

Lyz - I tell Jesse about my weigh ins at JC to keep him updated. He also gets the measurment updates, but I don't have a weigh in at the gym. I could, but why go through it twice kwim? I just gave him a picture of me from the December WDW trip to use as a before picture for my sessions. I still need to bring him a picture of my true before picture from 2006 when I was at my biggest. I am embarrassed by the picture, but at the same time, the difference between then and now is huge so I think I need to offer it up. Just not quite ready for that yet.

Cathie - Glad you are feeling a little better, I was worried about you being sick on holiday!

Im off to Ladies Day at the races tomorrow, so all healthy eating and exercise are on hold for the day! I will post pictures on Friday morning provided I look ok on them! :rotfl:

Cathie, glad you are feeling better!

Speaking of H1N1, my BIL/SIL and 2 nieces had it last week. LAST WEEK! Like tested positive and everything. So guess what my week after vacation will be filled with... Joy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts