In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 8...It's Never Too Late To Start Again!

Oh! Exciting! We will be there the 10th - 12th (I think), then do the cruise from the 12-16, and then another day or two at WDW, home on the 18th-ish. Of course, that is the day Lisa arrives! Grrrr!

Very cool. I'm hoping Allegiant puts up some more $40 r/t fares for that timeframe (they did last year that week). We should try to set lunch/dinner then too.

Bummer that Lisa arrives when you are leaving. That would be a hoot!

HI All quick post, busy day!

E, so sorry about the shot

Lisa, Kat, EE, E, Love hearing about your DVC vacation plans.
We go back in 2012, and I can't wait to have you wonderful ladies help me plan!!!

I hope you all have a great day.!!!!

Goodnight!

Meg. how are you feeling, hope your getting better.

Paula, sorry about all the stress. I hope it gets BETTER FAST!!!
I can understand work stress. It Sucks.
Heres Hugs for you:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Yes.

But I did have a chuckle. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: I'm so sorry Erika. I know it's not funny but I imagined you sitting and waiting for the big jab. Once again, I know its not funny. :lmao: It's not. :rotfl: :love:

Amiee - so September and December are on? Yes?

Ha! Well the joke is on you, my lovely Lisa! Apparently, they have a new way of doing tetanus shots. Historically, this has always been a super painful shot, so that is what I was bracing myself for. I am happy to say that not only was it painless, I didn't even know she was doing it! She was swabbing my shoulder and I said, "Just give me a 1, 2, 3 count so I know when it is coming." And she said, "I'm already done." I was SHOCKED! She said that they can now use a super tiny needly and people barely feel it anymore. Yay for me!

We go back in 2012, and I can't wait to have you wonderful ladies help me plan!!!

Ahem. Princess Half. February 2011. Word.

MEG! Sorry you are feeling poorly! When is the Half? Coming right up, right?

OMG, just sitting here getting some work done and I heard some strange noises coming from the back yard (my office is in the back of the house with windows that open to the back yard).

After 10 minutes of hearing this and not knowing what it was, I got up and turned on the outside spot lights...and scared the holy hell out of a mama bear and her cub! They are only black bears (which are common here in Maine), so they aren't super huge--we get them in the yard once every couple of years or so, but usually they stay back in the woods. But these two were roaming all over the back yard!

It must be wildlife week here. During yesterday's run, a deer crossed the road right in front of me, and then on Wednesday a family of 3 red fox crossed the road, and on my way back from the same run there was a raccoon (unusual for the middle of the day!). I also saw a ton of wild turkeys one day this week, but we see those just about daily. So maybe I will see a moose during tomorrow's run and really round out the week. :rotfl2:

Good afternoon everyone!

Fly by from me - im going out again in 2.5 hours - Hen Night time!

I LOVED Sex and the City 2. Really enjoyed it! This time round I could relate to the characters - marriage worries, baby worries - it was a great film!

:lmao::rotfl:

You know what's so funny - well to ME anyway :rotfl2::rolleyes1:

When I originally put it down I typed "hmmm Kelly?" underneath but chickened out. :lmao:

I love it!

You should NEVER chicken out of making fun of me! :lmao:
As DH said to me this morning 'You should just embrace your Freaky Geeky Weirdness!' - so I am! :rotfl2:

Kelly - I almost feel like singing The Buble.

Everyone should sing The Buble at least once a day. Its a Kelly Rule in this household! Of course, there is only me in the house that sticks to the rules! :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone! :cool2:

Morning All,
HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

OMG E, Bears in your yard. I think I would freak!

Ha! It's Maine. Bears happen. :goodvibes

Good afternoon everyone!

Fly by from me - im going out again in 2.5 hours - Hen Night time!

I LOVED Sex and the City 2. Really enjoyed it! This time round I could relate to the characters - marriage worries, baby worries - it was a great film!

You should NEVER chicken out of making fun of me! :lmao:
As DH said to me this morning 'You should just embrace your Freaky Geeky Weirdness!' - so I am! :rotfl2:

Everyone should sing The Buble at least once a day. Its a Kelly Rule in this household! Of course, there is only me in the house that sticks to the rules! :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone! :cool2:

Kelly--I loved everything about this post! Made me so happy! Have fun at hen night!

So, no miles for me yesterday as I spent hours moving my parents and figured that was going to have to be good enough. Today I am spending a couple of hours there, and right now heading out to spend 2 hours doing yard work. This afternoon--pool club!

Have a great day everyone!

I'm here! Just finally caught up with the reading. I'm up to my eyeballs in anniversary party and other general mayhem right now. Food is meh, exercise is meh, water is better, alcohol is less. So, pretty much in a holding pattern. No gains, no losses.

E- I know you had *elected* me to start the new thread - which I would be thrilled and honored to do. But, it will have to wait until Monday I'm afraid. Just no time to give it the proper attention at the moment. If someone else wants to grab it and go, I'm 100% good with that. I can always catch it next time :goodvibes

E, hope the moving goes well.

Nancy, ick on the party stuff.

Kelly, have fun at Hen Night!!

Jo, Paula, Lisa, everyone else, HI!!

I just got back from the Galloway training run. SO. MUCH. FUN. Mini report follows, skip if desired. :)

Alarm went off at 5:50. :eek: I had everything laid out and the coffee ready to just be turned on, so turned on the coffee pot, got dressed, got my coffee and 100 calorie pecan twirl and left the house by about 6:15.

Everyone was meeting a little early, since this was the first run of the year and you had to find your pace group, etc. I decided to join the 13 min pace group since they were doing 1:1 and I am most comfortable there. I would say probably 200-300 people showed up, pace groups from 7:00 - 15:00. I stood around and made a few friends, and then we were off!

This was the "slow and easy" 3 mile starter run. They have you train slower, esp at first and since it was already in the upper 60s here and really humid (14 or 15 I think). There is a leader at the front and back of the group and they give you the run/walk signal, keep you on pace, etc. I found a girl that was at my pace and we kept up a merry conversation throughout. Turns out she is a DVC owner too!

I really, really enjoyed it. It is so much more fun to train with people!! As soon as we were done, I registered for the season.

I am not sure if I am going to stay with 13 or move up to 12. It was challenging but not ohmygodIamdying. I may stay with 13s for a few weeks and see how I feel, or maybe try 12s and drop back if it's too much.

Oh, and I am about to register for the Chicago RnR on Aug 1. Hope I can find a good airfare before then!!!

YAY KAT!

I'm so excited for you. And envious as well. Sounds like a great group to be part of.

ok. back to my cake.

Very cool Kat. Rock on with the cake Nancy. Waiting for a massage appointment. Back hurts and I have I be good for tomorrow.

EE, enjoy your massage!

Nancy, suckitude. At least it will be over soon.

So far it really seems awesome. We started the run at a running store, and they were offering 25% off everything to all members of the group. Evidently the training group card gets you 10% at almost every running store in the area.

Oh, and I forgot -- I wore the Princess tech shirt (the one we got from Disney) and I got a TON of comments on it.

Some of the girls I was talking to afterwards (people milling around in the store, etc.) said I should probably be in the 12 pace group due to my finish time in the Princess, but I am just not sure about 2/1s.

Awesome. On the comments Kat. Does Tuesday or Wednesday work better for lunch plans?

Massage = wonderful! Butt pain next to nothing now.

Kat--so glad you loved the group! If it was me, I would stick with the 13s and then move up to the 12s...it would make me feel like I was making progress and improving, kwim? As opposed to not being able to cut it and having to drop back. But I am all about head games when it comes to running. I SO wish we had something like that here. We do have one based out of our running store, but that is 35 minutes away, so it really isn't doable for me.

I am S.O.R.E. all over. Gardening all morning and SO much moving all afternoon. But the heavy stuff is all done (meaning the furniture). And they are now completely out of their old house and all of their belongings are in the condo. Tomorrow, I face the stairs. :rotfl2: I am going to consider it my cardio. I will be moving boxes and stuff up and down stairs all day long. The condo is two floors plus a full basement. We got all of the furniture put in all of the right places, but all of the other stuff is just on the main floor--waiting to up or down to the basement. So that is my plan tomorrow. I am going to keep track. I am betting on about 150-200 flights of stairs. We'll see.

Temps here are gorgeous! After my battle with the stairs tomorrow, I will take the kids and head to the pool club for the afternoon and then a cookout with friends in the evening.

Nancy! Good luck tomorrow! I will totally be thinking of you!

Kelly--need a report on the hen night!

Hi all! Enjoy the long weekend!

E, I know what you mean. I think I am at least going to do the 4 and 5 mile runs (next two weeks) in the 13 group.

One of the things I like about running with a group is that the head games are less important. Other people around to talk to and commiserate with definitely helps the time go by.

Sorry about all the moving. Hope it goes well!! At least the temps are good.

90 here tomorrow and I get to spend from 2:30-5 in an outdoor rehearsal, then from 7:30-? singing in an outdoor concert. Whee.

EE, not sure yet.

So, you people have really moved me all the way to the dark side. One, I got up at 6AM to go running. Two, I signed up for 27 more weeks of it. Three, I registered for the Chicago RnR half on Aug 1. Four, I went shopping and bought a running skirt and 2 vented tanks.

However, at least the running skirt was $2.50 and the tanks were $2 each. LOVE Old Navy and the 50% off the clearance rack sale!! I got the running stuff, 3 skirts (one is sort of a coverup for a bathing suit), pair of jeans, pair of black pants, nice white blouse-style tshirt, pair of black yoga pants, all for ~$50.

Oh, and that no alcohol thing? Well, umm... yeah.

Nancy! Good luck tomorrow! I will totally be thinking of you!

Thanks. :goodvibes Cake is done and looks great. One minor (ok, MAJOR) snafu, but I worked it out. Had an 11th hour change of plans. Something went awry with the mousse filling - I suspect that the cream was the culprit, but not sure. It looked fine, but tasted just enough "off" that I wasn't willing to use it. Not *bad*, just not right if that makes any sense at all. Instead of another trip to the store for more ingredients, I opted for a lemon filling instead. Did a white-on-white stipple effect with the icing. Tomorrow I'll finish it with fresh flowers. :thumbsup2 Then drink heavily. :laughing:

I got the running stuff, 3 skirts (one is sort of a coverup for a bathing suit), pair of jeans, pair of black pants, nice white blouse-style tshirt, pair of black yoga pants, all for ~$50.

The queen of bargains! :worship: Amazing!

Busy day tomorrow. But before I sign off for the night, I have to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

HI all, just a stop in post for me.
Kat, So happy for you! and JEALOUS

Ok I think the scale told me today that I am up 3 lbs from yesterday.
NOT HAPPY
I have been working out everyday.
But I am not eating well

Getting ready to get some talking and floating in. Can't wait to see the new attractions. It's going to be a great day. Top it off, my cousin is meeting us there. Haven't made it out of bed yet, but my back seems to feel OK. Taking biofreeze with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!