In search of my body...not the one I ate!

I must have kept DWD up too late last night and she is asleep. Remind me to harass her tomorrow! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I hope I can keep up with your wit and humor! You guys are, what is it, HI LAR IOUS!

Welcome Welcome Bryan:) We are out there sometimes but it is a wonderful group. Hope you will stick it out....

Thanks everyone for responding to my problem.

Just to let you know it is kind of scary and hard to just give up on eating habits and doing it the right way. I know I have to but, my old habits are really hard to break.. your support is really helpfull, Love to all.....

I went to get my hair done this morning and it is the first time I really like it. I added some highlights and took some lenght off. Even DH said it looked nice and that alone is huge for him to say anything.....

Glad he noticed. And glad you liked it.

...I loved that random stranger. It's a pleasure to be normal, just another woman shopping in the regular section.

Love your unbridled joy in this statement.

Yep, that's it! It looks a little bare on the bookshelf...we painted the day after Thanksgiving, and have been putting books, etc back slowly. Weeding things out, which is good, but it'd be nice to have it done. Eh, i got other things on my plate, you know? If you want to see more of my living room/house, it's here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/2114549963/in/set-72157603473867331/ The rest of my life is here : http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizwalter/. Not that exciting, but if you have an account I can make you a contact and you get to see the private pictures...ie of my kid and niece and nephew. And my friends drunk. :laughing:

Thanks for posting pics of your house. I'm totally interested. Haven't had time yet, but definately going to get to it. I LOVE peaking into other peoples lives.

So, as of today, I only have 35 more pounds to lose! Yep, weighed in and down 2.2lbs this week. I am so thrilled to have only 35 to go. The leader made a big deal out of me this week and it was nice to be one of the success stories in the meeting. Just think, I have been doing this so long that I even converted my biggest sabotager! :rotfl:

35 more lbs to lose! You rock.

So, my funny anecdote for the day is that this thread is now totally bleeding over into my daily life here. I had to call the vet today (the dog's stitches are coming out) because I had to see if they could move my appt. an hour later in the day. The lovely woman said that she would see what she could do...hold on...then she came back and said no problem, she moved my appointment. My response? "You are such a goddess! Thank you so much!" :rotfl2: :lmao:

More to report later, but seriously, I am a crazy woman today.

And the bananas....eeeesh! :eek: :rotfl2:

OK, Erika, this is the funniest thing EVER!! I am still laughing about it and I read it hours ago.

I just got some news from my Doctor she said I am pre dieabic and my hormones are way out of wak. I just started going to her because my other doctor is no more. She said in my reports it looks like I have been this way since before my hysterocomory (SP) five years ago. Now I think this would have been a great thing to know. And let me tell you I have been suffering with some major issues in the last fives years that she said has a lot to do with my blood sugar being so high. Now I really have to put my self first and start taking better care of me. I am not saying I did not know I was overweight, but this is kind of scary since it has been going on so long. Now with my exessive hair growth on my lip and chin, my night sweats, my day chills, my cramping which I still get because I have my ovariaies all do to my hormones. She put me on YAZ a birthcontrol pill that will help control all these lonely syptoms. So I go some answers and I have some solutions and I will be learning to eat healthy and get a lot more excersise in. This is my goal, because I really want to live longer than my 40'd and beable to walk in my 80's.....Thanks for listening and sorry for the spelling, I am writing really fast because my brain is running that fast.

Jodi, glad you posted. Support here for sure. Thank goodness for another opinion on your health.

So, the elliptical kicked my butt today. 50 min, level 7, 4.7 miles, 510 calories burned. Also did 100 crunches on the darn dirty ball.

Kat, I don't know how you stay on the elliptical for 50 minutes. Remember I wanted one, like the first week of this thread.

That was going to be the thing that saved me. I coveted one.

Bought one, 2 weeks ago. Everyone remembering all this.

whispering...I hate that elliptical. It's so boring. And I get winded like after 3 minutes, which is good, but 50 minutes KAT. And I can't do anything about it. DH, smirked when he saw it and declared it would just "sit" there. I HAVE TO USE IT! And I HATE IT!

That is the beauty of a moms and kids trip. Think about it...when we all go on vacation, who does all of the planning and running around? WE do. And this time, there will be three of us who are used to managing everything, so having each other there will be a breeze....lots of extra help and support, etc. 3 of us and 9 kids though...:scared1: ....seriously outnumbered! I guess 3 is the new 2...:rotfl: ...since each of us has three kids.

That will be awesome. 3 responsible adults! I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Oh, and I had to share this. This is what I saw when I went to take a shower this morning.

2437948574_e84e4886f2.jpg

Nick wrote it at the top of the shower wall with one of Emily's bath crayons.

Erika, have a great, safe trip. Everyone else, I'll be back as soon as I kick this!

Awww. That is so sweet. (Too bad you can't put out tonight! Those kinds of acts need rewarded.)

Ok, it is time for me to come out of hiding. I have been reading this thread for some time and I really feel like I know all of you. But since you have all been talking about violation of privacy I thought I should come out of the online shadows. I wouldn't want you to think I am some sort of voyueur or something.

My name is Bryan...duh...you already figured that one out. Yes, I am a guy and I hope that is ok. Weird, but I feel comfortable here. I am definitely a "guy's guy type..." not usually the kind to hang out with all women, but what can I say? You are somehow kindred spirits to me. I love your senses of humor. (And ok, I fell a little in love with all of you during the pineapple juice discussion...:rolleyes1 ...told you, I am a guy....)

Let me first say that is you would like this to stay an all girls (women ? is that more PC) thread, I will bow out.

Anyway, I am married...with some issues (which can likely be worked out at some point, but right now I seem not to have the energy), and 2 great kids (ages 8 and 7). And I need to lose weight. Not tons...but like 25 pounds.
And get my shape back and not be a soft slob, which is mostly how I feel.

Anyway, I hope you will let me hang here. You all seem so cool and supportive. And I guess I could use that about now. ANd maybe in return I can help with the male perspective from time to time.

So...HI!
(And no dancing penii for 3DK! ha ha)

Howdy Cowdy!

Thanks for coming out of the shadows. It's funny, I imagine it's just us here, having a good old time. And here someone was following. How long you been here?

In my book, you are more than welcome to stay, you just better keep up.;) Ha.

One last thing, take some notes from Mr. SeptGirl. Ya Baby. (Dan, you too.)

Glad he noticed. And glad you liked it.

35 more lbs to lose! You rock.

OK, Erika, this is the funniest thing EVER!! I am still laughing about it and I read it hours ago.

Jodi, glad you posted. Support here for sure. Thank goodness for another opinion on your health.

Kat, I don't know how you stay on the elliptical for 50 minutes. Remember I wanted one, like the first week of this thread.

whispering...I hate that elliptical. It's so boring. And I get winded like after 3 minutes, which is good, but 50 minutes KAT. And I can't do anything about it. DH, smirked when he saw it and declared it would just "sit" there. I HAVE TO USE IT! And I HATE IT!

That will be awesome. 3 responsible adults! I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Awww. That is so sweet. (Too bad you can't put out tonight! Those kinds of acts need rewarded.)

Howdy Cowdy!

Thanks for coming out of the shadows. It's funny, I imagine it's just us here, having a good old time. And here someone was following. How long you been here?

In my book, you are more than welcome to stay, you just better keep up.;) Ha.

One last thing, take some notes from Mr. SeptGirl. Ya Baby. (Dan, you too.)

Geez, you sure know how to pressure a guy!:rotfl:

and...Howdy COWdy??? What the hell is that? :lmao: Is that a bovine reference? I see that you can dish it. I just hope you can take it! Ha! :lmao:

and...Howdy COWdy??? What the hell is that? :lmao: Is that a bovine reference? I see that you can dish it. I just hope you can take it! Ha! :lmao:

It's my stock greeting. From High School. (Yes, I know I'm a dork. I've accepted it.) I don't think I've used it here. I really do go around saying, "Howdy Cowdy." I tell you, I'm a hog farming hick from the midwest.:goodvibes

Last post for today. I havent' gotten any sleep this week and tomorrow will be no better.

QUIZ for Bryan: (if you'd rather not answer, too bad:lmao: )

Married how long:
Home State:
Hobby(s):
Childrens gender:
Mode o transportation:
Favorite Disney Movie:

Last post for today. I havent' gotten any sleep this week and tomorrow will be no better.

QUIZ for Bryan: (if you'd rather not answer, too bad:lmao: )

Age: 34 --(35 in Sept. Does that make me SeptemberBoy???)
Married how long: 8 years
Home State: Mass (Boston area)
Hobby(s): lots of outdoors stuff like camping and hiking and going to the beach; Disney (of course), the Red Sox and the Patriots, tennis, golf, sampling every micro brew that comes my way (thus the 25 pounds). I am sure there are other things too.
Childrens gender: Son-8 and daughter-7. And I refuse to use those stupid abbreviations of DS and DD and DW and whatever else there is to put a "D" in front of. Pet Peeve. Deal with it. :lmao:
Mode o transportation: We are a Volvo family.
Favorite Disney Movie: Tough one. If I am going with recent ones...Pirates (the first one...two and three, not so much). Classic (or at least older) - Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

That's your best shot? Ha! :)

Wow, Bryan, you post more than I do! Phew! I like that about you already! :goodvibes

Ok, this is my last post till I am settled in on the Cape (and Bryan, you are not too far from me, depending on which side of Boston). I got up extra early so that I could get my run in before taking off. We are carpooling which I am a bit stressed about. Me and one friend and all 6 of our kids in one SUV (hers). Now, I love that we are saving gas and we can chat the whole time, but her kids are monsters. Not nice to say about a friend, but the truth. And she knows....we have talked about it. I think it was last summer when one of her kids was particularly dreadful that I turned to her and said, "That child is the reason mothers eat their young..." :lmao: The mark of a good friendship, no? :rotfl2:

I will check in tonight...try not to have too much fun without me!

Wow, Bryan, you post more than I do! Phew! I like that about you already! :goodvibes

Ok, this is my last post till I am settled in on the Cape (and Bryan, you are not too far from me, depending on which side of Boston). I got up extra early so that I could get my run in before taking off. We are carpooling which I am a bit stressed about. Me and one friend and all 6 of our kids in one SUV (hers). Now, I love that we are saving gas and we can chat the whole time, but her kids are monsters. Not nice to say about a friend, but the truth. And she knows....we have talked about it. I think it was last summer when one of her kids was particularly dreadful that I turned to her and said, "That child is the reason mothers eat their young..." :lmao: The mark of a good friendship, no? :rotfl2:

Erika - have fun on your trip... you will be missed around here...

Welcome Welcome Bryan:) We are out there sometimes but it is a wonderful group. Hope you will stick it out....

Thanks everyone for responding to my problem.

Just to let you know it is kind of scary and hard to just give up on eating habits and doing it the right way. I know I have to but, my old habits are really hard to break.. your support is really helpfull, Love to all.....

Jodi - we are here for you... you can make these changes... I know you can... Think of the health issue as a little extra incentive to keep you on track...

I see our new board member is a sarcastic on.... This should be fun.... (where is the sinister looking smiley when you need it...)

Hope everyone is off to a great start this morning... I had dinner with a friend last night and think I handled my food choices quite well. I tried tilapia for the first time and it was yummy... One more thing to add to the list of healthier foods to work into the rotation... I am in meetings most of the morning, so I won't be able to check in until lunchtime.

Have a great morning everyone...
Goof

The elliptical/arc are DEFINITELY boring. I started out at 10 minutes, a year and change ago. The only way I get through it is... multiple magazines, and kicking music. TV would work too. You have to have something to distract you from the unending monotony.

I sometimes have a friend from work go with me and we chat, that makes it go even faster.

You, so did keep me up too late. I was dragging today. Sign me up again. K!

Sign me up tonight!! I should be home from hockey by 11PM or so.

I'll answer your quiz too!! (on a conf call and bored)

Married how long: almost 3 yrs
Home State: Born/raised outside of Pittsburgh, PA, currently live in NC
Hobby(s): Ice Hockey, piano, singing in choirs
Childrens gender: No children, one small female cat
Mode o transportation: FJ Cruiser and 350Z convertible, both black
Favorite Disney Movie: Emperor's New Groove

Erika - have fun on your trip... you will be missed around here...

Jodi - we are here for you... you can make these changes... I know you can... Think of the health issue as a little extra incentive to keep you on track...

I see our new board member is a sarcastic on.... This should be fun.... (where is the sinister looking smiley when you need it...)

Hope everyone is off to a great start this morning... I had dinner with a friend last night and think I handled my food choices quite well. I tried tilapia for the first time and it was yummy... One more thing to add to the list of healthier foods to work into the rotation... I am in meetings most of the morning, so I won't be able to check in until lunchtime.

Have a great morning everyone...
Goof

Have a great trip Erika!!!

Paula, tilapia is a great healthy choice!! I think it is 90 cals in 4 oz of tilapia. It is *cheap* too! I like to bake it with some cooking spray, dill, garlic salt, and pepper. Serve w/ steamed asparagus or broccoli.

Jodi, :hug: .

Bryan, like I said, bunch of nuts here. What plan are you going to follow? I just count calories, Erika and Liz (SeptGirl) are on WW and Paula (goof) is on JC, I think...

Oh, and Erika is a runner goddess.

I think this conference call is really to watch paint dry. I was doing okay on waking up until I jumped on this call. :faint:

The elliptical/arc are DEFINITELY boring. I started out at 10 minutes, a year and change ago. The only way I get through it is... multiple magazines, and kicking music. TV would work too. You have to have something to distract you from the unending monotony.

I sometimes have a friend from work go with me and we chat, that makes it go even faster.

Paula, tilapia is a great healthy choice!! I think it is 90 cals in 4 oz of tilapia. It is *cheap* too! I like to bake it with some cooking spray, dill, garlic salt, and pepper. Serve w/ steamed asparagus or broccoli.

Jodi, :hug: .

Bryan, like I said, bunch of nuts here. What plan are you going to follow? I just count calories, Erika and Liz (SeptGirl) are on WW and Paula (goof) is on JC, I think...

Oh, and Erika is a runner goddess.

I think this conference call is really to watch paint dry. I was doing okay on waking up until I jumped on this call. :faint:

KAT -

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Feel better yet...

Goof

Now, I love that we are saving gas and we can chat the whole time, but her kids are monsters. Not nice to say about a friend, but the truth. And she knows....we have talked about it. I think it was last summer when one of her kids was particularly dreadful that I turned to her and said, "That child is the reason mothers eat their young..." :lmao: The mark of a good friendship, no? :rotfl2:

Too funny.

I'm not sure about carpooling, unless I'm driving. I have to be in control of my own destiny. And no, I don't use Magical Express. I rent a car.

... I had dinner with a friend last night and think I handled my food choices quite well. I tried tilapia for the first time and it was yummy... One more thing to add to the list of healthier foods to work into the rotation... Goof

Tilapia, good. Good job.

Well, I like magazines, sooo....and Erika told me about downloading books for free, so I guess I'll do that.

I'll have to take a nap first:rotfl:

"Singing in Choirs" This is a definate suprise. You think you know someone, and find they are a songbird. Are you currently in a choir?

KAT -

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Feel better yet...

Goof

Goof - :rotfl: Love it.

MamabearJodi - did you fully kick the diet soda habit?

I'll be "out" this afternoon. Have to drive north of Columbus to a jobsite. Fun. And the podcast isn't on itunes yet. grrrr

Good Morning!!

Sorry for going MIA. It has been a long week. I need to go back and read what I missed. I did notice that we have a newbie...HI, BRYAN!! and ERIKA, have a great trip!! I wanted to tell you that I actually did 4 miles yeasterday...that is the furthest I have run thus far. I couldn't wait to tell you..:goodvibes.

VB update. I love the Daisy Daisy pattern and am debating the back pack or super tote to replace my ailing diaper bag. I also like the "Amy". Honestly, what have you people done to me?!?:lmao:

I'll be back after I catch-up.

:flower3: Kim

Good Morning!!

Sorry for going MIA. It has been a long week. I need to go back and read what I missed. I did notice that we have a newbie...HI, BRYAN!! and ERIKA, have a great trip!! I wanted to tell you that I actually did 4 miles yeasterday...that is the furthest I have run thus far. I couldn't wait to tell you..:goodvibes.

VB update. I love the Daisy Daisy pattern and am debating the back pack or super tote to replace my ailing diaper bag. I also like the "Amy". Honestly, what have you people done to me?!?:lmao:

I'll be back after I catch-up.

:flower3: Kim

Wow, 4 miles!!! :cool1: I'm impressed!

VB - I'd go for the super tote for the kid stuff and the Amy for you. Perfect! Cute pattern, too. I am so tempted to buy a mini hipster for myself and use it when we have our meet in Dec! (And for other things, of course!) We should get some sort of board discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter