In search of my body...not the one I ate!

:cheer2: :cheer2: 4 Miles! :cheer2: :cheer2: So proud, way to move.
:flower3:

Good Morning!!

Sorry for going MIA. It has been a long week. I need to go back and read what I missed. I did notice that we have a newbie...HI, BRYAN!! and ERIKA, have a great trip!! I wanted to tell you that I actually did 4 miles yeasterday...that is the furthest I have run thus far. I couldn't wait to tell you..:goodvibes.

VB update. I love the Daisy Daisy pattern and am debating the back pack or super tote to replace my ailing diaper bag. I also like the "Amy". Honestly, what have you people done to me?!?:lmao:

I'll be back after I catch-up.

:flower3: Kim

Alright ladies and Bryan, grab your baby carrots and some water because this is going to be a long one.

I am back...just getting all caugfht up...we had to bring the car in and get a loaner while fighting with them to fix everything...

Starting to walk tomm...Dan got some awesome hiking shoes so we are golden...

He says hi..not sure how much he will post since his ex reads and he is worried she will use his posts against him with the girls. It is not fair...he deserves an ounce of privacy and alas...now not here...

I will read and get all caught up and post daily again...feel like I have been away for a long tiime...I need this forum...I miss you all...:)

YAY!!! You are back!! I am so glad that you are feeling better. Hiking shoes...are we talking trails? Nothing like a good dose of nature to keep you going.

Poor, Dan!! He is sorely missed.

Yes, you'll need an email address, but you have one. Remember, I use it:goodvibes. It's just to set up your main information. After that, all you'll need is a user name and password. (I just signed up the other night. Not painful at all.) (ohh, and it's fun. except, I don't have "instant messaging etiquitte" down and you type and hit enter. Posted for your buddies to see. I don't have 20 minutes to edit all the stuff I shouldn't say:scared1: )

I have got to hop on the computer when I get home from the gym. I am missing all the fun. Unedited Liz...:scared:

OMG, Kim, car death sucks!!! Yuck! And takes all that Vera Bradley money away! Ugh.

UGGHH, it just plain sucks (can I say that?)....we got it back last night and the grand total was $2700 and some change :scared1:

Okay, so I know you keep floating this and I keep letting it be, but, the third kid? Is this still in the decision making process or is it a definite three? Did you know three is the new status symbol??? It is! Three kids says, well at least in Manhattan (I read this in the NY Times, I think) that you can afford the bigger apartment, the bigger car, the more expensive vacation. Three is the new two! Actually, I think three is nice. Everyone I know has three - a lot of the preschool moms, my cousin, etc. But don't listen to me, I only have one! (so far).

I'm parkerluce on AIM - add me, too!

You are added :thumbsup2 So the deal with the 3 kids is that we are still in the decision process. Well, actually DH is still deciding I want a 3rd. We are waiting to see how the job situation turns out. I did not know about the status thing. We would be the first in the family to have more than 2 and while most would be thrilled, a few (my SIL) would be sure to tell me I am an idiot, blah, blah ,blah. I know, nice right?.

You have been added...:thumbsup2

Honey, there ain't no such thing with me! I will post this separately when I am not in rant mode. ;) Basically, I love them and they ADORE me but they are just very self-focused and don't really consider us in their thought process, and by us I mean my kid. They talk a big talk about how important she is to them and then make plans that are completely unconducive to any child under the age of say, 8. You know what it's like? It's like she's their friend's kid that they really love but don't quite get or have to deal with. KWIM?

:hug: I just don't understand that at all. Thankfully, she has your parents.

Interesting. A car you can wipe down.

I am crazy about cleaing out my car. Keep a dedicated sweeper in my garage just for this. In my dream house, I'll have a garage with professional, flourscent, spot lighting and a powerful-built in vacuum, heated, so I can sweep it out every day.:lovestruc

Gold fish cracker, no problem, suck.

Spiral notebook paper bits, easy, suck-suck.

Dirt and debris, I'm not scared of you. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

Wiping out the car everyday...? You could live for a week in our family car on goldfish, crackers, and if you are lucky possibly a partially eaten peanut butter sandwich..:sad2: Ehh, what do I care, Dh drives it 98% of the time. I have my del sol.

How did you do last night? I did well. Lobster roll on a whole wheat bun with a side of salad, only one drink, and for "dessert" I had a fat free sugar free vanilla latte from Starbucks. So yummy and only 2pts! Lots of water, too!

Oh, no! Hugs to Dawn! :hug: Keep us updated!

A lobster roll???

Well, this is me last night, in a size 14...

2435665303_36281d5f24.jpg

OMG!!!! You look amazing!!:hug: I am so proud of you!!! You are such an inspiration on this thread. Thank you for sharing your progress with us.

Glad you are home. Dawn!

DWD--no comments about my signature????

:rotfl2:

What are you doing to me, WOMAN! You know I'm busy. Now I have to ferret out the signature, and won't rest until I do.

Erika, Erika, bo berika, :banana: fanna fo ferika, fe fi fo ferika, ERIKA

Edited to add: I don't see a thing. Looks like the same signature as yesterday?:confused3

Nancy, I need help. Could you interrupt your vacation please and help me?

:lmao: You're killing me!!

Liz you are my IDOL really I would give anything to say I only have 35 more pounds to go. Sorry about the jumping smiley faces, I did not dare use the freaky jumping banana.

I just got some news from my Doctor she said I am pre dieabic and my hormones are way out of wak. I just started going to her because my other doctor is no more. She said in my reports it looks like I have been this way since before my hysterocomory (SP) five years ago. Now I think this would have been a great thing to know. And let me tell you I have been suffering with some major issues in the last fives years that she said has a lot to do with my blood sugar being so high. Now I really have to put my self first and start taking better care of me. I am not saying I did not know I was overweight, but this is kind of scary since it has been going on so long. Now with my exessive hair growth on my lip and chin, my night sweats, my day chills, my cramping which I still get because I have my ovariaies all do to my hormones. She put me on YAZ a birthcontrol pill that will help control all these lonely syptoms. So I go some answers and I have some solutions and I will be learning to eat healthy and get a lot more excersise in. This is my goal, because I really want to live longer than my 40'd and beable to walk in my 80's.....Thanks for listening and sorry for the spelling, I am writing really fast because my brain is running that fast.

Jodi!!! i am glad to see you are back. Thankfully the new doc found the problem before it becomes full blown diabetes. 5 years is a long time to be feeling bad. Your other doctor should have helped you with that a long time ago.

Putting yourself first is so important now and I know you can do it. You are already making progress.

And just as a PSA - ladies, cramps before your period are not normal. Cramps the day of are. So if you had really bad periods and pain, it might have been endometriosis. It's not scary or life-threatening, it has many, many symptoms or sometimes none at all, and many doctors never mention it. But there are easy, non medical things you can do to manage it, so if you have pain...or pain while having relations...those are common endo symptoms. Something to think about for those of us who have daughters, too.

At the end of the day, we are the best resource for ourselves and each other. I know you all feel that way to me. :goodvibes

Thanks, Liz. This is good info to have. I never would have thought it to be abnormal.

OMG, did the goddess queen just hand me her tiara? :lmao:

As for September, we are booked for Labor Day and beyond. We might switch it to my birthday (19th) like we did last year. I loved WDW for my birthday. Or we might not go - the horror! After all, we were just there in March. But there's no such thing as too much Disney, right???

I am seriously considering a surprise trip for 5 days in Sept. I wish this freaking contract mess would be resolved so I can spend money again.

Nick came home and kissed me, drew back, and exclaimed, "You have a fever!". I'm sitting on the coach with a blanket, water, the chills, and some Advil. It sucks. I feel horrible, but at least it's all coming out. Let it come, let it go. I am shaking up my body and getting healthier, so a little fever and chills is not the worse thing in the world.

Oh, and I had to share this. This is what I saw when I went to take a shower this morning.

2437948574_e84e4886f2.jpg

Nick wrote it at the top of the shower wall with one of Emily's bath crayons.

I am sorry you are feeling bad. It isn't because of TOM is it? I am sure Nick's surprise message put a big ol' smile on your face though.

Hope everyone is off to a great start this morning... I had dinner with a friend last night and think I handled my food choices quite well. I tried tilapia for the first time and it was yummy... One more thing to add to the list of healthier foods to work into the rotation... I am in meetings most of the morning, so I won't be able to check in until lunchtime.

Have a great morning everyone...
Goof

I have to say that fish is one food I do on occassion miss since going vegetarian. Not enough to actually eat it but I do miss it. I used to love tuna steaks cooked on the grill.

"Shallow Obsessing Strongly Encouraged"

:snooty: I am all for it.

Wow, 4 miles!!! :cool1: I'm impressed!

VB - I'd go for the super tote for the kid stuff and the Amy for you. Perfect! Cute pattern, too. I am so tempted to buy a mini hipster for myself and use it when we have our meet in Dec! (And for other things, of course!) We should get some sort of board discount!

Thank you! Sadly, unlike our Goddess Erika, it has taken me months and months to be able to run that far. I feel it today too. I am curious to see if I will be able to do it again or if it was just a fluke.

I like the hipster too. Yep, I think the super tote is going to be the replacement and I will treat myself to the Amy. Of course now I have to wait until we recover from the car repair. :mad:

Kim, congrats on the 4 miles!! Sorry about the car death.

NJLiz, hope you are feeling better today!

I have three comments for today.

1, I am wearing my formerly-known-as-thin pants, in a size 12. Today is the fattest day of the month for me, and they still fit well and are even on the loose side. This makes me happy.

2, I meandered through the makeup section at Wal-mart during lunch. CG had this display where it has a clear plastic thingy that you hold up next the back of your hand, so that it can match the color. The little circle that is "your" color is supposed to disappear against your skin. Well, I am so pale, that the palest shade STILL showed up! :scared:

3, I love pumpkin soup.

I thought i would share.

This is the shirt I ordered for myself a few weeks ago. I meant to post it earlier. I love it...:lmao:

http://www.threadless.com/product/1000/Runnin_Rhino

This is a great place for fun t-shirts.

Luv it! It is perfect. My son has always loved rhinos. I like it , no money here, but I will earn that shirt. too funny. I'd even aim for a zebra, some have those horizontal stripes goin. No, I already look like one from behind. Ah to be that unicorn. Guys should want that shirt too. Did you see the horn on that thing! Thanks for the post!!

Kat- :woohoo: Woohoo for your Kat Pants!! You are so close to your goal. You are so there in your skinny pants. May we all stick togather to the day when none of us have fat pants. You know I'll call my skinny jeans kat pants from now on to go with my Kat Boots!! Way to go!!

I thought i would share.

This is the shirt I ordered for myself a few weeks ago. I meant to post it earlier. I love it...:lmao:

Lovin the shirt... too cute....

1, I am wearing my formerly-known-as-thin pants, in a size 12. Today is the fattest day of the month for me, and they still fit well and are even on the loose side. This makes me happy.

2, I meandered through the makeup section at Wal-mart during lunch. CG had this display where it has a clear plastic thingy that you hold up next the back of your hand, so that it can match the color. The little circle that is "your" color is supposed to disappear against your skin. Well, I am so pale, that the palest shade STILL showed up! :scared:

3, I love pumpkin soup.

Gotta love it when skinny pants become big...
You earned your goddess title with that... :worship: :worship:

Goof

I thought i would share.

Hi Lar Ious! Looks popular too. Lot of sold out.

Congrats! KittyKat!

YIKES. You better get outside! Or spray something on!

3, I love pumpkin soup.

Is this what you really want to do? Publicly declare your love for hearty orange squash-pureed into liquid? I don't know Kat. Livin' on the edge.

I don't like pumpkin soup, but it would give Kat a glow. Give it a try. or better yet, the squashy pumkinish (can you tell I don't know the name) soup at the Mara is yummy in small doses.

3, I love pumpkin soup.

Wow pumpkin soup really?

It is nice to fit into your small pants even when you feel bigger. I know that feeling, but it has been a long long time, my small jeans just hang in my closet waiting to be brought out and put on. That day will come I can feel it... size 20's are going bye bye, make room for my 18.

Too funny.

I'm not sure about carpooling, unless I'm driving. I have to be in control of my own destiny. And no, I don't use Magical Express. I rent a car.

Tilapia, good. Good job.

"Singing in Choirs" This is a definate suprise. You think you know someone, and find they are a songbird. Are you currently in a choir?

Goof - :rotfl: Love it.

MamabearJodi - did you fully kick the diet soda habit?

I'll be "out" this afternoon. Have to drive north of Columbus to a jobsite. Fun. And the podcast isn't on itunes yet. grrrr

Well, yes and no here's the scoop. I have not had any diet pop until yesterday and that was diet 7-up, and let me tell you I loved every drop.
I talked to my Doctor about the drinking diet pop and how I have been drinking water and maybe lemonda, or OJ, or someother high sugar drink. she said getting off the caffine is the most important thing and switching to clear pops instead of cola's or dark pop. is alot better, but like all things limit myself. She also said crystal lite or propell are other choices.

I had read some article about aspratem (sp) in pop or other diet items and it was saying how horrible it is for you. Well, I knew I needed to get off the caffene because I was drinking way to many pops a day. So I just quit all, but after talking with my Doctor and her saying it is alright, just don't OD on the stuff. So I will have one from time to time, but still going to drink mostly water, just having a choice is nice and with the high sugar stuff that is not going to help my pre-diabietes.

I have been walking about 2 miles a day, did a lot of yard work yesterday before the rain hit, and I can really tell in my back and arms. Tonight I am going to the Y and sign up again with my old trainer, which really worked for me before. Food choices have been good during the day, ok at night. I need to work on the night time eating. Drinking a ton of water, not liking running to the bathroom at night, but hey I'll do what it takes...

Chat later Jodi

Fly by post...will post more tonight..off to soccer practice...I started our part 2 Thread so when this gets locked down..we are all set...

I am up to my eyeballs in Tupperware..feel a lil better..need to make some calls tonight to some of you...Thanks for the well wishes...:)

...I started our part 2 Thread so when this gets locked down..we are all set...

Dawn, I just took the second spot. I want to do an updated cast list. We have newbies since the last cast list, and I have gotten everyone's lifes mixed up.

SO...if you guys would be so kind, I'd like your information PM'd to me.

Username:
Real Life Name: First Only is Best
Family: including pets
Goals:
Struggles:
Interesting facts:
Inside story you want to share:
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song:
Anything else you want to add:

I am going to send a PM request to you, so...just fill that in and mailer back.
DWD

Hi Lar Ious! Looks popular too. Lot of sold out.

Is this what you really want to do? Publicly declare your love for hearty orange squash-pureed into liquid? I don't know Kat. Livin' on the edge.

Hehe... I do, in fact!! I have to publicly declare my love for something... it sure isn't the arc trainer... or the darn dirty ball...

Here is the recipe (horked from UtahMama):
Pumpkin and Sausage soup

16 oz. turkey sausage or lean sausage country style (not in link form)
1/2 onion, minced or finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T. Italian Seasoning
1 C. chopped mushrooms
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
5 C. low sodium, lower fat chicken broth
1/2 C. lite sour cream
1/2 C. milk or cream

Brown sausage breaking into little pieces, drain fat if any. Add onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, and mushrooms. Saute till vegetables are cooked. Add pumpkin and broth and stir well. Cook at a low simmer for 30 mins. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and milk.

I use fat free sour cream and skim milk, substitute garlic salt for minced garlic, and my turkey sausage is 600 cals in 16oz. I estimated calories at 90 per cup.

Wow pumpkin soup really?

It is nice to fit into your small pants even when you feel bigger. I know that feeling, but it has been a long long time, my small jeans just hang in my closet waiting to be brought out and put on. That day will come I can feel it... size 20's are going bye bye, make room for my 18.

Well, yes and no here's the scoop. I have not had any diet pop until yesterday and that was diet 7-up, and let me tell you I loved every drop.
I talked to my Doctor about the drinking diet pop and how I have been drinking water and maybe lemonda, or OJ, or someother high sugar drink. she said getting off the caffine is the most important thing and switching to clear pops instead of cola's or dark pop. is alot better, but like all things limit myself. She also said crystal lite or propell are other choices.

I had read some article about aspratem (sp) in pop or other diet items and it was saying how horrible it is for you. Well, I knew I needed to get off the caffene because I was drinking way to many pops a day. So I just quit all, but after talking with my Doctor and her saying it is alright, just don't OD on the stuff. So I will have one from time to time, but still going to drink mostly water, just having a choice is nice and with the high sugar stuff that is not going to help my pre-diabietes.

I have been walking about 2 miles a day, did a lot of yard work yesterday before the rain hit, and I can really tell in my back and arms. Tonight I am going to the Y and sign up again with my old trainer, which really worked for me before. Food choices have been good during the day, ok at night. I need to work on the night time eating. Drinking a ton of water, not liking running to the bathroom at night, but hey I'll do what it takes...

Chat later Jodi

Jodi, when you get to 16s, I have plenty ready to be mailed out!!

I drink dt soda, just in moderation. I can't give up caffeine entirely. I also make it a point to drink at least 64 oz water.

I still night-time eat, too, just make sure to reserve calories for it and keep healthy snacks around.

Great start!! I am so proud of you. :hug:

Ok everyone, I have a question for you about Talpia

I have heard it is a great inexpensive fish, but I thought hat Talapia was a bottom feeder. I am thinking that it wouldn't be good for you, just not sure. I know my hubby is leary of eating these but I hear that these are good for you all the time. Help!

Hey, I know most of you know my mom's story...fourth breast cancer diagnosis, in her lungs (no breasts left!) but looks, acts, and is being treated like breast cancer, did five rounds of chemo this time...etc etc

Well, she went to the doctor today to get back some test results. She is in what the doctor is calling a "good remission" which means no more chemo for now! This is a victory. She will take do hormone therapy instead. This is where she was four years ago, when Em was born. So, yeah! :cool1:

She will still be closely monitored, but we hope she will die with and not from this cancer.

Just wanted to let you all know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!