# in skyliner ?

tseitel

DIS Veteran
Hi. Can anyone tell me how many people, including a person on a scooter, fit into a skyliner car? TIA. !!!

As far as I know, they are still limiting loading to one family/group per gondola.
The maximum is 10 guests per gondola without a mobility device.
With a mobility device, it’s a total of 6 (5 plus the person using a mobility device).

2D505808-3016-4F2B-A752-857D7B654C3E.jpeg

Do you think a party of 5 that included one wheelchair and one (compact) ECV, would be allowed on one skyliner?

Do you think a party of 5 that included one wheelchair and one (compact) ECV, would be allowed on one skyliner?

I asked this in Feb 2020 in preparation for a trip with my grandparent and the cast member said Yes to a ECV and a wheelchair in the same skyliner IF the wheelchair is collapsible/foldable and the wheelchair user transfers to the bench seating with the other members of the party.

Thanks for this thread, it hadn't even occurred to me that we wouldn't all fit into one skyliner. We are not doing parks this trip and figured we'd spend an afternoon on the skyliner, and exploring the resorts from there, before our dinner reservation at the Swan.
Maybe this will allow us all a little break from each other while we ride in two cars, lol.

My husband and I both use scooters at Disney. Our Feb trip was just the two of us and we stayed at Pop so we got a lot of time on the Skyliner. That short ride, all by my lonesome (other than the day we built droids and G8DH complained the WHOLE ride) was glorious. DH enjoyed the solitude too. I think the longest wait we had at the other end before the trailing gondola showed up was about 5 minutes.

Thanks for this thread, it hadn't even occurred to me that we wouldn't all fit into one skyliner. We are not doing parks this trip and figured we'd spend an afternoon on the skyliner, and exploring the resorts from there, before our dinner reservation at the Swan.
Maybe this will allow us all a little break from each other while we ride in two cars, lol.

You really don't want to be too cramped in one of the gondolas. The good thing about the skyliner is that they next group is only going to be a few seconds after the first. Not like you miss a bus and have to wait 20 minutes.

You really don't want to be too cramped in one of the gondolas. The good thing about the skyliner is that they next group is only going to be a few seconds after the first. Not like you miss a bus and have to wait 20 minutes.

Considering they don't have AC in them, I'm glad they don't put more people in each one as well :)

can 2 ECV fit into one skyliner?

QUOTE="Debbie Jean, post: 62835439, member: 82289"]
Yes. Lovely to have the ride all to yourself... really love watching the scenery since you are facing forward on the ECV as you go :teeth:
[/QUOTE]

We have two sons with Cerebral Palsy. One uses a power wheelchair, and the other one walks, but uses a manual chair (that collapses) for long distances. For THREE days, our family of 5 was able to ride without a problem in one Cabin.

Until yesterday....and one CM and their supervisor made a huge issue and made us go separately.

It is so frustrating to have different rules and different interpretation of the rules. It's already hard for disabled families to travel; inconsistency makes it even harder.

We have two sons with Cerebral Palsy. One uses a power wheelchair, and the other one walks, but uses a manual chair (that collapses) for long distances. For THREE days, our family of 5 was able to ride without a problem in one Cabin.

Until yesterday....and one CM and their supervisor made a huge issue and made us go separately.

It is so frustrating to have different rules and different interpretation of the rules. It's already hard for disabled families to travel; inconsistency makes it even harder.

Just curious - were y'all collapsing the manual chair when you rode the Skyliner? And was it collapsed as you approached the cabin?

I agree - inconsistency in how rules and regulations are applied makes it difficult, and confusing and frustrating. I believe it comes down to the fact that you are dealing with humans, and they can vary wildly in how they interpret and enforce the rules, and the same CM may even vary from day to day - or even hour to hour (because: human)

I have a lot of respect for CMs; always have had, but never more than now. They have had to deal with some horrible behavior from Guests over the last 10 months or so, and have been subject to constantly changing rules regarding masks and behavior. It has to be emotionally exhausting for them when there is no pandemic; I cannot imagine the amount of patience they must summon every day just to do their job right now.

I think you were lucky those times you all got in together - my guess is that two mobility devices are not allowed in one car because it would be extremely difficult to evacuate two people dependent on mobility devices from one car if the Skyliner failed. While two kids could possibly be carried, there needs to be a standard set so CMs don't have to make that judgment call over and over again (and face the wrath of unruly guests)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter