In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Each time we visit WDW we spend one full day at Universal, we only do HP world and love it. This is time and money Disney could have received if they had done the deal with Ms Rowling. Oh well Universal certainly benefits from us because of HP, we may be loyal Disney fans but we are also loyal HP fans.

That ship has sailed.

Totally agree. We go in fall every year and walk right through and ignore it. I don't understand it. I guess I have a boring palate because it all looks gross to me. I also agree about fantasmic- don't get it. Every 5 years or so I revisit and nope, still don't like it.

I feel pretty much the same about Fantasmic. I kind of wonder why I even bother every 3 years? I do enjoy the camaraderie among the folks in the stands more than the show.

I know that it's closed now, but personally could never get behind any iteration of the Main Street Electrical parade at Disneyland or MK.

I used to feel that way about MSEP but now I would so love to see a nighttime parade at MK. Of course, where there are parades, there are crowds and that's what I hated. I guess I really didn't appreciate it until it wasn't there anymore.

Moving to TP Community as this has a general WDW focus rather than specific to TPAS.

Seems like a lot of people here are just stating things they don't like, whether they are highly rated or not.

So, keeping with the title of this thread here a mine. Things that are rated highly, but I just don't get it:

1. The Polynesian. Just doesn't do much for me. Too dark, cramped and like a jungle. LOVE Ohana though. A must do ADR for us.
  2. Illuminations - It's pretty boring for us. We've seen it exactly once in our 6 long trips.
  3. Character Dining - In general we find the food sup-par with much higher prices.
  4. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Like it, but don't love it. Still the hardest FP to get at MK.
  5. The World Showcase - This will sound cruel, but it feels like a strip-mall of caricature countries. If it weren't for some of the nice eating locations, we probably wouldn't venture back the World Showcase very often. We've seen all the movies and performances, and really don't need to do them again. A few exceptions: Voices of Liberty, Pick a pearl, the Mexico pavilion (indoor area)
  6. Dole Whips
  7. Cinderella's Royal Table - Glad we did it once but that was plenty
  8. Character meet and greets - This one has changed over time, and was much more important when the kids were little, but even then it was mainly to have photo memories. Even the super hard to get ones, like Anna and Elsa a couple of years are nothing special for our family.
Dan

I was responding to the question of what I think is the most overrated thing at WDW, "in my opinion" as the thread title states. Not sure why anyone would start a debate here over what my opinion is.

Not starting a debate. Just stating there is more of a overreaction than anything. I was just kidding really.

Last edited:
Not starting a debate. Just stating there is more of a overreaction than anything. I didn't realize that someone wasn't allowed to respond.
The response was off-topic from this thread, which is what "in my opinion is the most overrated thing". If you think there is an overreaction, that is a topic being discussed on other threads.

I would say It's A Small World but that being said every trip thanks to my daughter I am standing in that line for that ride within one hour of entering MK. It is her ride and at 17 she still loves it.

Two new experiences on my recent trip so for me these two are way overrated. Pandora at night and the Frozen attraction in Norway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!