In your opinion what makes Moderate resorts worth the $ if

Beginning to believe that this is true for many people. We have often contemplated a deluxe but during the holiday season, they are just too expensive and well out of our price range. My wife and I are recently retired so we have greater flexibility in travel dates now. I am hoping someday we may spend a night or two at a deluxe. However, my wife is not very keen on a split stay and going to WDW for just a day or two isn't something we would do.
We stayed at Music for Christmas and New Years back in 2008/09, and had a great time. The Music pools were great. We visited all of the deluxe resorts to see the incredible decorations. We ate in the deluxe restaurants. We were just so happy to be in WDW for the holidays, it didn’t matter that we weren’t sleeping in one of the deluxe rooms.

Our busses at CBR took much longer than Music. I would pick a value if I wasn’t taking advantage of the resort. We love deluxe and will never go back unless we cannot afford it. Moderates don’t provide anything special enough to spend more money than a value resort.
We have stayed at all 3 levels, and for our family, it's the other way:) GF is our favorite resort and we really liked BW, but we just cannot justify the big $$ difference between Mods and those Deluxes, but we do between value and Mods. The $$ difference between value to Mod is a lot less then from Mod to Deluxes (Epcot or Rail resorts). i.e. our last trip to POFQ, we got a TA exclusive deal and it was $70 more than POP. The cheapest Deluxe was $150 more per night then POFQ.

for you no
for others yes

just wondering why you do not swim in public pools??

One type of fish swims in the Pacific Ocean another swims in the Mediterranean Sea and another swims off Brazil. All have a good time
Had a friend who contracted a flesh eating bacteria most likely in a public pool. It actually killed him! Know this is extremely rare but don’t want to take any chances.

Queen beds vs doubles since my wife and I are a larger couple. We sleep on a Queen at home.
Plus less chance of getting a rowdy school group.....believe me, I was part of one of those groups back in the 90s at the All Stars Music resort with my high school marching band!

We don’t swim in public pools.
We don’t spend much time at resort other than to shower and sleep.
We don’t eat at the resort other than our final, check-out day

So, is there anything that makes a moderate resort worth the significant upcharge from a value resort in your opinion?

#1 Bigger beds
#2 Bus stops that are covered and have benches, not chain queues.
#3 They have a more relaxed feel to them than the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts