Increased prices for the fall?

sbvaldes

Earning My Ears
I’ve been searching room costs for weeks now playing around with the idea of going in the fall and was consistently finding plenty of availability for my family of 5 at moderate resorts. After the announcement the other day, I checked again and the availability completely changed to only deluxe resorts available and at higher prices. Is this likely from them limiting numbers coming into resorts and parks? Does anyone think they will offer a fall discount or free dining?

I think you'll see discounts announced after the park opens and Disney is able to see what kind of demand is still out there. If they're having trouble getting people to come, you'll see discounts.

What dates were you looking at? I am booked Oct 28-Nov 7 which is a highly busy time with Halloween the first weekend and Food and Wine Half marathon the second weekend and I see availability for a party of 5 at value and moderate resorts, with prices that are on par for that time.

I have a hard time believing Disney will be increasing rack-rate prices of any kind for a while. The holidays may be more expensive as they always are, but I think Disney will be somewhat aggressive with discounts to get people to travel down there. Even if they lower capacity in their resorts and parks for a while in an effort to control crowds, they're going to find it difficult to get the numbers they want. Especially if international travel is restricted through the summer, which it very well might.

Rates look very very high to us also summer + fall. Annual passholder and ftr, D should take off several days of block outs this year 2020 Not cool WDW and DL, not cool.

What dates were you looking at? I am booked Oct 28-Nov 7 which is a highly busy time with Halloween the first weekend and Food and Wine Half marathon the second weekend and I see availability for a party of 5 at value and moderate resorts, with prices that are on par for that time.
I had checked on November 1-4

Disney's rack rates are no longer set in stone for the year like they used to be. I know it kills them today to have the low points needed to stay at the Epcot resorts with DVC. I know they wish they could up those point requirements sooooo bad.

This makes sense to me. I think, they want to maximize spend per guest when they reopen. It might not be ticket prices, but it could be little increases across a whole lot of categories that add up. I’d throw hotels into that list.

I had checked on November 1-4
As far as availability, if you increase the number of nights you may see a lot more rooms pop up. With their algorithm to fill as many rooms as possibly sometimes there may be a room open but it's set aside for longer stays.

They will definitely not be raising prices any time soon. Neither will anyone else. There will be derp discounts everywhere. The economy’s in a shambles and will be for a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!